This Generation Ch. 01

Story Info
A love that kept apart finally might have a chance to unite.
1.5k words
3.46
11k
10

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Moving in while the elevator was being fixed would usually be an omen for her, but she was two excited that she was getting the last of her things up to her new place. The walk up the stairs couldn't bruise her excitement. The last bit of kitchenware and then everything things would be in her place. She could repeat that phrase in her head over and over again her while going up five flights of stairs.

"This would have been easier if we have gotten your brother to help" The small woman said while struggling with a medium size box. This was probably the last bow needed to go up the stairs.

"Stop being a diva and keep going." Demanded the woman in front of her. "He help all last week when he got my furniture in, and plus he has to get settle in Boston with his new bride." She opened the door to a little fluff ball jetting out jumping and lightly scratching on her leg. "Watch out for Leone."

"Aw yes the other little bitch that lives in this place, at least she wouldn't make me carry something ten times heavier than me." The small women moaned out of overdramatized pain.

"Come on Natty, that box is the last bit I need for the kitchen, and it's lighter than you. If there is anything that heavy you are carrying is that of your ego. Oh and don't call me or my dog a bitch." She placed the boxes on the kitchen counters then joined Natty of the couch to take a breather. She still couldn't believe that she had her own place, someplace she could do what she wants without RAs or one of her parents interrupting her. She can start her own life in Seattle and feel like a grown city bound woman.

"So what are you going to do now?" Asked Natty

"Well I have to unpack and possibly go grocery shopping tomorrow, but let me just sit here and take in the fact that I am in Seattle, birthplace of Hendrix, Kobain and Macklemore."

"You are such a little Oreo" Natty Scoffed as was about to light a cigarette, until she saw the look on her friends face. "Come on Alexandria, you have your own place why do you give me that look, it's not like we can get caught." She finished while putting the lighter into her pocket.

"No it's like I never like cigarettes and I do not want the smell in my new apartment, if you're gonna do that take it to the balcony." She turn as she walked over to start undoing the boxes of her kitchenware. She has gotten all new plates and glasses all to match so she didn't feel like someone broke, without a career. For she was starting her new career in three days. "And you are the last person to call me an Oreo Natty. You are a ballerina for God sakes, for the Northwest Pacific Ballet, also everyone has to call you Natalie, and that's why I think you should stop smoking if you are going to be able to move around with the other dancers, stopping every five minutes to hack and cough is not going to get far especially if you want to be a prima."

"Well what you don't know is that all of us dancers do it. The fumes mess with our taste buds making our appetite shrink making us eat less which in turns keeps us light." Said Natalie as she walked towards the balcony. "And why shouldn't people call me by my birth name Natty sounds like some old southern mammie cookin fur de chilrun, honey chilie." She mockingly spoke. Natalie was the definition of bougie. Ever since their dance instructor told her she had potential when they were ten. Then again her mother probably inflated her ego even more being the only child of parents when they were together. She was a spoiled diva, but in a since she had the right to be, Alex knew that the performing world is the battle of the attitudes and doing what you have to do to prove you are the best, let people know you're the best, and stay on top like you're the best. Seeing what Natty had become from being the best made Alex relieved that she was not a performer and gave her the passion of writing about performers.

"So want to stay for dinner, I'm ordering out tonight." She said, she didn't know if Natty was listening with her back turn to her.

"Wow, nothing but trees and even a little to the left you can see a bit of the ocean." Natty said. Alex didn't know rather if she was being sincere or sarcastic. Natty hated nature but she always appreciated something beautiful. "This is really something."

"Yeah it's nice, it has the best of both worlds, like if I would have moved across the hall I would be facing the city more. This place is place right at the border of manmade and mother nature." Sighed Alex. "So are you staying for dinner or not?"

"Oh no, I got plans I am meeting a few of the dancers at this new bar." Natty said looking at her phone realizing she was late.

"And you didn't think to invite your best friend? I'm new here Natty and I don't think that I'm that big of a drag to be around." Said Alex thoroughly irritated. Natty was always someone to make plans without Alex's know how, and then get mad when Alex does the same.

"First these bitches aren't my friends they are my coworkers, and unlike most coworkers we don't hang out to bound, we do for recon. Second sorry to say this but they would tear you apart in seconds." Natty said while quickly grabbing her things.

"What do you mean by tear me apart?" Asked a curious Alex

"Well... one you are not a ballerina, nor are you rich, you have no connections you don't have much of a pedigree, and though I see you as a healthy weight, most of these girls would think you are morbidly obese." Natty blurted without hesitation.

"Well don't put it two me so gently" giving her friend a smart ass retort. "And plus last time I checked we are both from the same little spit of a town in Louisiana, and I am 5' 7" and 132 pounds. I am consider small."

"Well small for a normal person. I really got to go Alexandria, I'll meet up with you tomorrow afternoon alight. It is great having you here sweetie, now I have someone that can boast about how great I am. Bye" She said hastily while giving a quick squeeze and jetted off through the door, not realizing that a puppy was following her.

"Oh watch out for Leone!" yelled Alex before picking the little escape artist. "Bye" she said through the door. "Now you need to stop trying to escape, you are new here and new to me and you still haven't learned all the rules." Say cooed to the pup, while in return she got nothing but an adorable puppy yawn in response. "I guess you are going to be the only guest I'll have tonight."

After trying the Tai place across the street and surprisingly liking it, Alex was still not able to bring herself start unpacking, she looked through the window and saw the dusk slowly drifted into the night the houses she can see were starting to light up and the bit of ocean she cloud see was turning black as if it was the worlds inkwell. The moon was waning so the water wouldn't glimmered as much as it would if it was full. Still it was very breath taking. She really thought that living near the ocean meant you were some rich slut in Hollywood, but for her hippie self, Seattle was the place to be. Being provoke she needed some time with her Keyboard.

Alex's keyboard was her prized possession and would go to the ends of the earth to protect it. Though she was both classically trained in the violin as well as the piano she always liked the piano more. She did have her violin with her, and played it often, mostly when she was unfocused or had a case of writers block. Still her keyboard was her go to instrument when she was happy, sad, inspired, angry or bored. This was a portable grand with 76 keys she had since her high school graduation. It was the last thing her grandmother gave her, before she died that fall. Actually no apparently in her will there was something for her, some type of box, but no one was able to find it. Her brother still thinks it's some type of small fortune, but truly no one has a clue. So in the mean time she will enjoy her grandmother's memory with her gift from years past, until Leone indicates it is time for a walk.