Those Eyes Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, I first smelled her in the market place on some fabric that she had touched. As soon as I had scented her, I couldn't think of anything else. Her scent was so feminine, like vanilla and sunshine. It was like it held the promise of our long future together. I felt her, I tracked her down that day and found her by that night. She was a human so, she didn't feel the pull the way that I did." My father relayed with a wistful quality in his voice.

"I may not have felt it the way that he did, but I felt something magical." My mother said, picking up where my father left off. "When I looked into those blue eyes, it felt like something inside of me was changing, making room for the other half of my soul. Being near your father caused my body to heat up, and my skin to vibrate. I would close my eyes and see his. Your father revealed his true nature to me that night and started wooing me immediately. I told him after we had officially mated that it was unnecessary, I knew that I was his and he was mine when we first locked eyes. " I had never been a romantic but I found myself suddenly wanting everything that my parents had.

"I didn't realize it right away but from the moment that I sensed her, your mother was my everything. Every day was just another day to find a new way to make her smile. That's how I knew that I had found my mate." My father said.

"Is that how you feel, baby?" My mother asked, her excitement only slightly controlled.

I thought for a moment. I barely knew Santana but what she caused me to feel was a feeling that I could certainly live with for forever. Her smile triggered intense masculine pride and I only saw my fondness for her intensifying. "Yes." I said, thoughtfully.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" My mother wailed. "When can we meet her? Is she beautiful? Oh, Al, I bet she's beautiful!" I pulled the phone away from my ear. "When can we meet her?"

Once I was sure that the screaming had ended, I hesitantly placed the phone back against my ear. "I'm not sure Mom, it's a bit complicated. We only just met. And yes, she's probably the most beautiful thing that I ever seen, Mom." I said, smiling.

"Ah! Tell us about her!" My mother said, I could almost hear the wheels turning in her head.

"Dad..." I groaned.

"Oh, Alex, humor your mother. It's not every day that your child finds his mate." My father said, clearly not taking my side.

"But It'll happen six more time for you guys." I said, laughing.

"Yes, but you're our first, now spill!" My mother said in her no-nonsense tone.

"Fine..." I said, relenting. "Like I said, she's beautiful. She's a mix of black and Asian. She's about 5'7. She has a great figure, perfect green eyes and dimples. She's smart. She's pre-med at American. She seems witty and fun."

"Ahhh! I can't wait to meet her! Is she a vampire or human?" My mother asked. I paused to answer and that's when I heard the faint whisper of my name from inside of the house.

"I've got to go." I said as I hung up the phone and rushed inside.

I found Santana, sitting on the floor with her back against the couch. Her head was leaned back as tears streamed down her face. She was clutching a sheet of paper tightly to her chest.

"Sweetheart, what it is?" I asked as I slowly moved towards her. I sat down on the floor, my side flush against hers. She handed me a file. I looked at the pictures first then I read through the documents in the file. She sat quietly while I read as fast as I could, "What the fuck," was all that I could say when I finished. She handed me a second file. I looked at the pictures of Melanie Johnson. Once I saw her face, I knew immediately who this woman was. The resemblance was unmistakable. "Santana..."

"Read," was all that she said.

I read through the file, it only confirmed what I knew. Melanie was Santana's mother. The story just kept getting more and more impossible. She handed me the final file, Eve's file. I sat the file down when I was finished. She then relinquished her grip on the paper she was holding and handed it hesitantly to me.

I read the letter that her father had written to her. I couldn't wrap my head around it. What she was didn't make any sense. It wasn't possible. I looked over at her shattered expression and stood. I reached for her hands and she reluctantly placed her hands in mine. I lifted her to her feet.

"Alex?" She whispered as I pulled her against me.

"Yes?" I asked, ignoring how good she felt against my body.

"What's a lycanthrope?" She asked as I led her outside.

"It's a werewolf, Ana." I said once we were on the porch. I led her to the large porch swing and sat down, pulling her down beside me. She immediately leaned against my side and I couldn't help my sigh of contentment as she curled up as close to my body as she could. I thought about how best to bring up what I needed to tell her.

"You're special, you know." I said after several minutes of silence. She looked up at me and I fought my urge to say, "fuck it' to the conversation and kiss her senseless.

"How?" she asked, looking into my eyes.

"What you are, it's not naturally possible." I said.

She cracked a small smile. "I guess that makes me super unnatural"

"I guess you're right." I said with a chuckle. I pulled her closer to me. "Vampires can't reproduce with werewolves or humans."

"That's why my father took out the human components of both species?" She asked.

"I think so." I said, not fully understanding the science behind it. I thought for a moment. "I know someone who may be able to help. We can go there tomorrow if you want." I felt her nod against my chest.

"So, vampires really can't reproduce with anything other than another vampire?" She asked. I was hoping that I didn't imagine the sad tone of her voice. She was obviously feeling the pull.

"Well, it's a little more complicated than that. Both vampires and werewolves can only reproduce with their true mates." I said, looking for her reaction. Her eyes flickered up briefly before she was looking down once more.

"So, a vampire can only find his or her true mate in another vampire?" Her shoulders slumped slightly.

"Not at all. I said that we could only reproduce with one of our kind. During the mating process, one of the species must change to be like that of the other. For instance, if a vampire were to mate with a human, the human would become a vampire." I said, hoping she understood.

"And what about a vampire and a werewolf?" she asked, once again looking up at me. I began praying that this conversation ended well. I had only one desire in that moment, to stare into those green eyes forever.

"Well...hopefully after consent, the vampire will either become a werewolf or the werewolf will become a vampire. It's my understanding that the mating processes are a little different."

"And what about me and you?"

-Santana-

I could see the shock in his eyes. I had easily understood where this conversation was headed.

"Santana..." He began.

" Alex, I could vaguely hear you out here on the phone. I just realized what it was that you were talking about."

"Oh," was all that he said.

I laid back against him and looked up at the sky. "I told you that the stars were the most beautiful here."

"Hm," was his only reply.

We stayed quiet for several minutes, both of us watching the sky and its diamond sprinkled blanket. I had been accosted with so much information in the last hour. I had learned that I was part werewolf and vampire and that I had found my soul mate. It was all too much. I couldn't deny my feelings for the blue eyed, brown haired man holding me. The thought of spending forever with him was the most appealing thing I had ever thought of. Looking into his eyes was like seeing a glimpse of my future and I knew that my soul had already made room for his within my body but I was scared.

"Alex, I don't know if I can be your mate." I said. "I'm 23 and I don't know what it's like to love someone that way. What does being a mate even mean?" I asked, refusing to meet his eyes with my own.

He sighed. "You don't know what mating with me means for you, Santana but let me tell you what it means for me. I promise that I will spend every day of eternity trying to make you happy. My only goal for forever will be to make you smile. I will never do anything to hurt you intentionally. It means that I will never find any other woman as beautiful as I find you and I will never want for a single thing as long as I get to wake up beside you every day of my long life. It means that one day, I'll want gorgeous little black haired, green eyed toddlers like the one in these pictures running around chasing a dog in a yard surrounded by a white picket fence or ya know, tall iron gates" I couldn't help but laugh softly." It means that I would die for you and those babies, Santana. That's what being your mate means to me. As long as you are you and I am me, we'll be meant for each other."

"Wow," was all that I could say.

A few minutes passed and I felt his anticipation growing. "Santana..." He said, his eyes burning into the side of my face.

"I have two questions." I said, exhaling deeply.

"Anything." He responded.

"How will the...mating process work for us?" I asked, not even bothering to prevent my blush.

He shot me a smoldering grin. "I don't have the slightest idea but we'll figure it out, Sweetheart." I gulped and nodded. Mating with Alex was now the most appealing idea I had ever thought of. "Ok, what's your second question?" He asked.

"What about..." I began and then stopped, my awkwardness taking over. He stared at me expectantly. The heat still in eyes from my previous question. "What about blue eyed, brown eyes baby boys?" I asked with a shy smile. Before I knew it, his mouth was slammed against mine. He worked his lips against mine in the most sensual manner and when my initial shock wore off, I reciprocated his movements. His lips slid over mine and his tongue traced the seam of lips. Not entirely sure what to do, I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue entranced into my mouth. Our lips melded perfectly together as our tongues danced. Electricity erupted with each bit of contact and I was afraid that I would drown in this moment when he suddenly pulled back.

"Did you hear that?" He asked, looking towards the driveway. I pulled back and focused on my sense of hearing.

"The first gate just opened." I said, jumping up from my seat, our perfect moment ruined.

"I don't think we should stick around to figure out who it is. Is there another way out?"

"I-I..." I stammered.

"Santana, baby, is there another way off the property?" He said, grabbing my shoulders firmly but gently

I snapped back to my senses. "Yes, through the woods. Your X5 has four wheel drive, right?" I asked, staring at his white luxury vehicle

"Yes. Let's go." He said, reaching for my hand.

"No, hold on. I have to grab the box!' I screamed as I ran back inside.

"Santana." He said, staring intensely at me.

"One minute, ok?" I screamed back out, I knew that if anyone of the individuals on their way to my house was like me or Alex, they'd surely hear us. I grabbed the box and headed for the door before an idea hit me. I ran into the kitchen and located the hidden control panel for the house. I hit the red button, ultimate security, and ran as fast as I could.

Alex was waiting in the car; I jumped in and buckled up. "We have two minutes to get off the property before it completely locks down." I screamed. I had never understood why my father was so adamant about this security precaution but I was definitely grateful for it now. I led Alex off the property as the house became impenetrable.

As we made our way back to the highway in silence, my father's words rang in my mind, " I hope that you have begun reaching your full potential for you will need all of your strength to face what's ahead"

12