To Love a Were Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alaron was unsure why he felt the need to tell this girl everything. She looked slightly more than half his age; what would she know or understand? He settled himself down at the foot of the bed and stared at her.

"She was a very beautiful woman, my mother. She had the most beautiful voice too and she would sing to me everyday."

"You must love her very much..." said Fiona, smiling at him. Alaron was taken aback at her smile... she looked so familiar...

"Yes, I do... even though she's a human. She loved me even though she knew what I am... and she never despised me... ever."

Fiona was looking at him now with a strange intensity. This man was really hurting.

"You shouldn't be too sad... or her spirit will never rest in peace. She died loving you always... so you shouldn't be so sad." Alaron's face snapped up and looked at Fiona.

"Who... who the hell are you?" he asked, suddenly angered.

"I... my name is Fiona. I came here a few days ago..." she said with a sad voice then she stood up and looked out the window.

"Fiona..." said Alaron, trying to get used to the sound of her name. "But why are you here? We never have visitors." Fiona gave him a very sharp look then sighed.

"I'm here to feed..." she said after awhile.

"What?" exclaimed Alaron in disbelief. He had never heard anybody coming to the castle to feed before! What exactly was going on?

"The Lord lets me drink his blood once every day... he says I will be stronger and these hunger pangs will go away."

Alaron was staring at the girl now, unable to say anything. Feeding an Ancient's Pureblood to this girl? Was his father planning to awaken her? Alaron shook his head before scrambling out of the room. Fiona simply watched him take his leave but didn't attempt to stop him.

"He'll come for me, won't he?" she said softly, to no one in particular.

***

"Your Excellency..." said Aramis when Eian entered his drawing room. "Please have a seat," he said, gesturing to a sofa opposite him.

"You have kept me waiting long, Culzean," said Eian; his voice emotionless. Aramis knew that the Duke was angry so he knew that he had to make it quick and to the point.

"I apologize, Your Grace... I fear that I must disappoint you further; she has to stay here at least till the end of the year."

"What?!" bellowed Eian as he stood up from the sofa. "How dare you! What have you done to her? Where is she? I want to see her now!" he said in a cold voice as he stormed towards the door.

"Keiran, please!"

At the mention of his name, he turned and cast a long frozen look on Aramis's face.

"I beg of you, Keiran... let me say what I have to say... and I will abide by all your decision afterward. Please..." he pleaded. Eian's face softened slightly as he saw the genuine sadness in his friend's voice.

"Get off your knees, Aramis. I will listen."

"Thank you, Your Grace..." he began as he settled himself on the sofa once again. "When she came to me, I had sensed that she had been Sired by a Pureblood because of the distinct scent of her blood. At first, I was ready to bring her to our blood bank to feed her as per your instruction but when I saw her fangs, I knew that she is mine. The length and strength of her fangs were characteristics of ones Sired with my blood."

Eian looked at Aramis with much curiosity. "Are you saying that whoever Sired her is your kin?"

Aramis nodded. "Not just any kin... but my own son; the youngest one." Eian's hands gripped the sides of the sofa tightly upon hearing this information.

"He killed her family... and almost killed her... why that little..."

"Please, Keiran... listen to me," pleaded Aramis when he saw Eian's eyes turning a shade of gold. "My son... he recently lost his mother. He was a difficult child and he hated being a Vampire. He ran away often and made his mother sad. One day she had gone out of the castle unguarded to find him but was caught by a group of men... they did many things to her Keiran... unforgivable things. I cannot say that I am ashamed at what my son did when he saw what happened... because I am not. I would have slit the throats of those men myself if he hadn't done so. Afterwards, he went into a killing frenzy... and it was only his brother, Draven who could stop him."

"And you think I should spare this boy's life then?"

"He is hurting Keiran... just like you were a very long time ago," said Aramis with a twinkle in his eye. "If anyone is to blame, it is me..."

"Why are you telling me all this? Trying to make me feel sympathetic?" asked Eian coldly.

Aramis gave a small smile, "You have always had a kind heart, Keiran."

"I want to see her now."

"No you must not! The moment she scents your blood, she will crave for it! Let her stay here please... I will let her go on New Year's day." Eian was surprised at the realization that his friend was actually trying to protect him.

"What are you doing to her, Aramis, if I may so ask?" he asked instead, resigned to the fact that he won't see his precious for a while more.

"Please forgive me Keiran for what I'm about to say. The truth is, when I saw her fangs, I immediately took her in my arms and told her to feed from me instead. She was hungry and didn't deny. But when I saw how my blood did not kill her, I was convinced that she was my kin..."

"You could have killed her..." said Eian, his voice growing cold; his claws extending into the sofa's cushion.

"She can never die now, Keiran..." said Aramis hastily as he saw Eian's extended claws. "I plan to awaken her myself by the end of the month. The more Pureblood she consumes, the more of her human self she will lose; she will be stronger and more powerful. She will only need to feed once in a few months if she wants."

"You fool! You think this is what I want?" Eian's voice was echoing off the walls now as his claws clamped around Aramis's throat.

"Stop it!" shouted someone from the door. Eian turned to see a young man standing at the door with a look of fear in his eyes. The boy's eyes were sad and scared... Eian immediately returned to his usual form and let Aramis go. The boy quickly ran to his father's side and hugged him.

Eian could smell his Fiona on this boy but he decided to let go of the subject.

"I will be back at the end of the month, Aramis. Do not disappoint me or else..." he said with a warning tone and made his way out.

Aramis massaged his throat and felt the slight prickle on his skin as it began to heal slowly.

***