All Comments on 'Tomorrow Is Another Day'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Nice

Short and sweet was all that was needed. Luckily he found out about the worthless cunt before he married her. What was her name again?

Five Stars

paulroverpaulroveralmost 10 years ago
Excellent.

It makes a refreshing change from a lot of the trash that has been posted in this category recently. Well done.

GentleVikingGentleVikingalmost 10 years ago
Worth a chuckle

Back in the saddle if you please. Always enjoy your stories.

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
ROFLMAO

Now THAT's a flash story!

leviayersleviayersalmost 10 years ago

excellent. thank you, 5

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 10 years ago
perfection!!

Short and sweet, just like my comment.

DepopuloDepopuloalmost 10 years ago

5/5.... now insert this into many of these self cuck fucko's story starts and you have something much more believable even for written erotica.

Nice sum up... now just waiting for the cuck boys to start leaving comments like *he's not a real man how could he leave her when she was just banging a train of guys on the side, he didnt really want her* lol

RePhilRePhilalmost 10 years ago
5*s

Nice warm up story to get the creative flow back

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Just perfect

exactly what was needed to be done. 5*****

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Perfect!

If nothing else, she was too stupid to be with.

If she actually believes that he could stay with her while she is (now) openly dating other guys, she's too dumb to breathe!

FullCircle56FullCircle56almost 10 years ago
Very Good Flash Story

Short, sweet and to the point. Liked this for originality.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
They were dating only...

No commitment to exclusivity was obviously made between the two. He just assumed it existed as a result of poor communication on his part. He called her a slut when the facts in this story just don't point to it. She wasn't as committed to the relationship as much as he was. Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
well done

Concritic123 completely missed it. if they were living together then exclusivity is a naturally assumed reality. This gal was a trashy piece of work. He is much better off without her. I would assume exclusivity long before the stage they were at. The lady is a tramp.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 10 years ago
I'm glad you're getting back in the literary saddle, but...

this was not your best.

avidreader123avidreader123almost 10 years ago
Previous comments

They were living together and they were just dating with no commitments? What kind of screwed up relationships are in your past? I'm pretty sure moving in together implies to every person with a brain an expectation of exclusivity, unless they said going in they would just be roommates.

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Great story

His shock and disappointment at finding out she had completely misunderstood him is well expressed. Six months together yet neither really knew each other.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 10 years ago
Love the reaction

She really thought it was OK.

His reaction was perfect on so many levels, he really did NOT know her and could not understand her thinking.

I agree with others, moving in with someone means exclusivity unless it's made clear that it does not. I'm sure that she did not understand this. Her cluelessness was something else he did not understand. It became clear she had no sense of loyalty or respect for him either. She is too self centered for that.

He clearly and cleanly realizes what she is and wants no part of her. He also wastes no time in disappointment, anger, or regret, (well maybe a tiny amount) only anticipation of a brighter future. Very refreshing.

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 10 years ago
Good one!

Short, sweet and to the point. I loved his reaction to her thinking that they weren't in a committed relationship. A little selfish on her part. Well played. The LW section misses your talent. I hope that you have the "urge" and the time to write some more - soon!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
it's true, there was not a lot of meat on this story's bones

what was there was first rate. I thank the author.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
That's how...

That´s how I think...No accepting cheating...One time cheting can be a mistake, we all make them...But a continious cheating is no mistake...It's for life...

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Great for a chuckle!

Brit, you are the KING of the flash tale! Once again you tell a complete tale in less than a full page. That, bud, is a gift!

5 HUGE Stars!

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
And, nearly forgot this!

"But Mike," she screamed as I made to leave. "You can't leave me here like this. How will I get home?" Keeping to the theme, he replied, "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn."

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years ago
The thing I liked about this story is

how quickly the man realized that he did not know the woman at all. She was truly a stranger to him and he voiced it quite well. He had no choice, but to move on. If she truly thought he'd be okay with her dating, she would have mentioned her dates when she had them. The deceit was deliberate, and deep. Entertaining read.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 10 years ago
Wecome back

Short, not so sweet, and to the point. I hope you can find the time to write more, and often.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 10 years ago
I would have liked a little more...

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is, since she had such a casual attitude about dating others, how could he live with her for a year and not know anything about it? It seems very implausible.

A little more of the conversation to explain it would have made this a lot better story.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Pure Story*****

Hello goodbye see-ya. Great read life goes on. Thanks for sharring.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Hip! Hip!

Hooray! I five for B.T.!

Gee I looked over the list of new stories today and I saw you and JPB. I'll read his next. The other stuff. I don't know.

Brit Tease you're one of the ones people immediately open. Keep going. Give us another.

About this story. I didn't think she was so much a profligate, as she was, as Karen above said, just stupid. Brit you could do something with this if you had a mind. It's a decent basis for something.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Oops!

My prior comment. My apologies to Vanadorn. He's got a couple pretty good things. He's a new guy, and I think he's got a future here.

YathinkYathinkalmost 10 years ago
Walk like a man! Thank you.

Completely correct call!

If she needs to still be trying out others, it means she hasn't found "the one" yet.

Ntropy586Ntropy586almost 10 years ago
Some people cringe when I comment

I have a hard and fast rule that I do my utmost to adhere to: I never criticize (or criticise, for those using the Queen's English) the decisions that the characters make or the actions they take. I try to weigh the work in its entirety, and only provide comments which pertain to either the mechanics of crafting a story or the ability of the author to utilize crucial elements such as suspension of disbelief to immerse the reader in the world contained within the prose.

Quite often, my criticisms fall into two distinct (yet important, as they both pertain to the suspension of disbelief which is essential for any and all fiction to be successful) categories:

1.) Generic errors such as spelling, punctuation and the use of homophones. For the well-read, these are every bit as jarring as gigantic potholes in the roadway one drives upon, and invariably result in the loss of that suspension of disbelief.

2.) Abbreviated plot lines. It is possible that frustration may push for a speedy resolution to a story line, or perhaps an author has decided to resolve things in a completely different manner than the story has gone so far. Whatever the root cause, the result is the same: if the time and effort is not put into crafting a logical progression that the reader can follow, then the author will once again lose the ability to suspend the reader's disbelief...and with that, will lose the reader as well.

Well, neither one of these is the case...they never have been, up to this point, and I honestly cannot see a time when they will suddenly begin to be such, as well. I just wanted to say - publicly - that this was a phenomenally well-crafted short story, which led the reader (myself) from the beginning to the end, and did so with just enough exposition to allow for all the pertinent details to be absorbed by the time they were necessary for the next step forward in the plot.

I will be eagerly looking forward to your next foray into writing, and offer you my sincerest thanks for giving me something to read which I could immerse myself in for a short time.

Corsair46Corsair46almost 10 years ago
Good Job

Good story, technically correct. I liked the twist, 'bout time someone had the sense to not marry the slut.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
How will I get home?

that depends on where your home is.

now.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
It stewed for a long time,

but came out delicious! Really he was correct in saying that he did not know the young lady.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Nice little flash story

Five stars for sure. Well done!

BriteaseBriteasealmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone

Rare for me to not get at least one damning comment…….. Yet!

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
WHEN GIVING AN ULTIMATUM

one needs a complete arsenal of comebacks, TK U MLJ LV NV

maninconnmaninconnalmost 10 years ago
Short and sweet!

Nuff said.

erotikoserotikosalmost 10 years ago
Good job!

Very well written with an excellent twist of the plot. A short, succinct story with all the elements worked in. Keep up the good work!

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Exactly!

Keep Moving until you find the right person!

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 10 years ago
Short & Sweet

A good short story as this made me laugh a little.

I did date a GF who occasionally went on fstes with other men.

I found and split up with that is when I found s replacement the GF then got her P45.

She was devastated, and tried her hardest to get back with me.

Oh fun times they were, lol

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years ago
Didn't do anything for me

Another Loving Wives tale without a loving wife -- or even a loving girlfriend in this case. These types of stories do nothing for me. Boy meets girl, girl cheats, boy leaves girl. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Judging by the comments, a lot of people seem to enjoy these tales. It's a strange sort of fetish, though, isn't it?

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
See!

Now you have one. Are you happy?

Needed more zing. If only it were that simple

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Wow! LOL

@Swingerjoe

So, NOT putting up with cheating is a fetish now? Really? Huh! How about that!

For those of you living in a fantasy world where swinging/swapping/cuckolding or what the hell ever is "normal", then I hate to burst your bubble... Ok, that's a lie. I'm going to really enjoy bursting your bubble when I say that your lifestyle isn't normal. You are in the distinct minority as far as your lifestyle choices go. There's your dose of reality. For those of us with a more mainstream taste in lifestyles, and especially those of us who've been cheated on in the past, we like to see a guy NOT go all WACC or RAAC on us when faced with a wife/girlfriend/significant other cheating on him.

Newsflash for you: Monogamy doesn't have to be boring. If you need others to come in and "spice up" your sex life, you're doing something wrong.

It's funny how some guys get called "closet cucks" for reading these tales and supporting the BTB or Consequence author in his or her tales. I saw a comment not too long ago on a different tale, calling a cuck who reads BTB and rags on it a "closet real man." Is that you too, Joe? Are you a "closet real man" who secretly doesn't like it when your wife fucks around on you?

Whatever. That last question was rhetorical, since I really don't care. lol

BriteaseBriteasealmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks FD45

For bringing my attention to that. Quite a relief really!

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
jpf53.....

They were shacking up. Friends with benefits. He wanted more than she was willing to give. He wanted commitment, she wasn't ready to give it. Not his fault, not her fault, it is what it is. She wants to play the field before settling down. If a woman does it, she's labelled a slut. When a guy does it, he's a player. A bit of a double standard, right? Everyone feels bad for the guy when his girl turns down his marriage proposal.

droogedroogealmost 10 years ago
An Extremely Amusing Story and With an Ending In Less Than a Page - Amazing...

And this is you on a drought, I'd love to read you when you are at full steam in fact I'll have to have a look at your library of works. In LW we have Authors and Authoresses who are so lazy/unimaginative that they openly call on their readers to finish the story themselves and that is after 3 pages or so. I think that they are rather vain and lack discipline.

Britease thank you for a highly entertaining story and I will look forward to your future work. Don't push it you are the only one that knows when he is in the groove, one thing is certain you aren't being paid for it or for the rather childish attempts at criticism where they somehow relate this to a cuck story some stretch! 5*

BriteaseBriteasealmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you everyone, but please, concritic ...

They'd been living together for some time and were close enough that he asked her to marry him. She was with other men behind his back. Does that really sound like an open 'friends with benefits' situation? If you think it does then fine no problem, but I doubt many would agree with you. Thanks anyway.

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 10 years ago
Enjoyable enough.

She was pretty open about it, so it seems too far-fetched that he hadn't caught on to her previously. I do like an occasional slut though Brit, so I'll give her a lift home...5*

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago
5*

Another cracking little flash story from the master of them :)

@ Swingerjoe

I would of thought someone into the swinging lifestyle as you claim to be, would understand the huge difference between a couple having an open relationship/swinging and a situation where cheating is going on behind one of the partners back.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years ago
@ Jounar

To me, "cheating" means you are doing something that you would not tell your significant other about. It doesn't even necessarily have to be sexual in nature. If you are doing something you know would hurt your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend, then you are cheating. Period. It's a violation of trust.

By that definition, the woman in this story wasn't cheating, because she thought her flirting was harmless, and she told her boyfriend about it upfront. To me, their problem was simply miscommunication. Obviously, the boyfriend wanted exclusivity, and the girlfriend wasn't interested in that yet. He couldn't handle the fact that she was still interested in having "fun" with others, so he let her go.

I see nothing wrong about this storyline; I just don't find it interesting at all. It frankly baffles me why so many people seem to enjoy these stories. If we all agree that there is nothing erotic about these types of stories, then they should be moved to the "Non-erotic" section, as it would make far more sense than "Loving Wives." As I already mentioned, there wasn't a loving wife in this story, nor was there even a wife. I feel that some authors post their stories to this section for no other reason than to make a point.

That said, my personal theory is that some people actually do get a sexual thrill from reading about cheating wives/girlfriends who get their comeuppance. There is no other explanation as to why these stories appear in the Loving Wives section, on a web site that is devoted to stories meant to sexually excite the readers. That is why I referred to these stories earlier as a strange sort of "fetish."

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
I can't argue with the author....

And I will defer to your call on the matter. Her actions did not pass The Girlfriend test. BTW......I love all your stories. Just saying.....

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 10 years ago
Wish it was longer so

We could see Debbie squirm a little more, but other than that loved the story. Even more than that couldn't agree more with his actions! It feels good to get away from the CUCK stories once in a while!

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

@swingerjoe

You may need to read this story again as she was going out on dates with other guys behind his back all along so she was hardly upfront with Mike. Also dating, kissing other men and letting them grope and finger fuck her is not flirting.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
JODY MESSINA IS CORRECT

Bring On The Rain, TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
At Least She Told Him

Even if she didn't consider it cheating, at least she told him that she was a slut before they got married. I have met women like this who did whatever they wanted to do and rationalized it. Oddly, even their husbands saw what was happening and sort of pretended it wasn't happening until in the not to distant future - they got a divorce. They dealt with the pain of being cheated on in silence and came up with a cover story for the divorce to save their pride.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
perfect

Don't give the slut a second thought.

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
A 'Rod' with a 'Sticky' bait ?

LOL.

A 5, for the writing.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY

and it always brings on the rain. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Honesty is its own reward

and sometimes the only one. I understand why the youthful, hot blooded narrator did he did and left Debbie flat and somewhat in the lurch. But at my present age , the straightforward answer to proffered marital commitment would be appreciated. She's just not ready to settle down. Better to find out that irksome fact out. sooner then later. Finely crafted, flash story; despite or perhaps because of narrator's callow reaction.

mmk778mmk778almost 8 years ago
hello

just magnificent just out standing

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Surprisingly satisfying

5* for a fun short.

phil2213phil2213almost 6 years ago
Stark but point on with grace and some tongue in cheek.

Debbie might have been a slut but at least she was honest. Perhaps not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The author is highly skilled in presenting characters and a scenario with precision and focused clarity with an awesome blend of irony and humour. How could you not give this five stars

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Wow

a story about a man making a good quick decision!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
That works

Entire story in one short page. She's history. Good riddance.

Ocker51Ocker51over 5 years ago
Great Short Story

5 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻‘s up😂😂

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Interesting

Never saw a Britease story I actually enjoyed, until now. Good riddance to wandering sluts

Eveready1999Eveready1999over 5 years ago
Good idea but

Waaaaay too short......

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Yes!

At long last a man does the right thing and walks away from stupid.

Trust can be a hell of thing when you give it to the wrong person.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Short good story

Well done good little tale. At least she was honest. Best get it over with early.

MormonJackMormonJackover 4 years ago
Awesome short tale! 5 Stars!

Excellent story.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

Perfect. Short, not very sweet, and straight to the point.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

Bravo-Zulu, Hooyah, salute 6* !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked it a lot

She was really not bad. She was honest. How her dates never came to light amazes me and the way she is written I am surprised that at some point in the relationship she never questions why he has also not dated others. It wouldn't displease her at all. Like she stated he was number 1 in her books.

His leaving as he did was because of the shock of it all. He could hang around (no engagement) and he also have others and see how it works out.

For me, I would get my own apartment, keep dating her but with a condom of course, and also see others. Why be a monk?

Probably would never marry her though as I would always doubt that she would be loyal endnote cheat. If he was the guy to marry she would not be dating others.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Great progression backing off.

silkmazesilkmazeover 2 years ago

Best solution. Cut your losses before you got too far.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

"Time to get my rod out!?!?" Great take-away line!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Read it again and I still like it. Sweep away the shock and denial and you get right to the point without wasting time.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestabout 2 years ago

Didn't like it. Not because he dumped her, but because it was so short.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 2 years ago

Damm i get that this was just to get the creative muse flowing but man i would love if this was a bit longer.

mordbrandmordbrandabout 2 years ago

Here we see that rarest of species, a britease protagonist that isn't 99.999 percent wimpy cuckold.

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

More about him landing on his feet might have been nice, but I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this story, loved his response.

Some of the comments have found interesting.

If your girlfriend moves in with you I thin it reasonable to assume that the relationship is exclusive, maybe a lesson there, ask and make sure.

Some have said she was upfront, obviously she has never mentioned dating others before the moment he asks her to marry him.

A couple of things from that, how has he not known she has gone out on dates during that time, unless she is taking time off work and going on dates during work hours you would have to assume she would either be pretty late getting home from work or come home change and go out on the date and if she does come home first, you would assume he would ask where she was going.

Being as he don't know she is going out on a date she has to have been spinning him a story to cover her going out, night out with her girlfriends perhaps.

That is the only way I can figure Mike not knowing she has been going out dating others.

It would appear maybe she hasn't been as "upfront" as it first seems.

I think Mike did the right thing and dodged a bullet

5* from me

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great short one. When you’re ready, could you follow up?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Short yes, sweet, not so much!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

better know now than later

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox6 months ago

Stories about cheating wives, fiancees or girlfriends tend to be short when the man us not a simpering, wussified "modern male". This guy handled the situation quickly, firmly and appropriately. 5*s

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Brilliant. Most of the writers around/ this place can't write a tenth of this story with 100 times the words....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous