Too Good To Be True? Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
miss_kris
miss_kris
31 Followers

Dante was out for over an hour and when he returned he noticed he had a message on his phone. The call was from his brother. As he listened to his message his face grew tight. Shit, not now! He thought before running upstairs to pack and make arrangements to leave.

He threw his bag on the bed and started grabbing things from the closet as he called his brother back. He asked for more information about the situation and assured him he would be in Savannah by tomorrow morning. He asked him to make flight arrangements before hanging up the phone. The next call would not be as easy for him to make.

Kris's phone started to ring as she was on her way home from the grocery store. She had a few last minute things to pick up for the dinner she was making Dante that evening.

"Hey, I was just thinking about you." She smiled.

"All good things I hope."

"Of course. So what's up?"

"I hate to do this but I need to cancel tonight."

"Oh." Her smile dropped.

"I'm really sorry, honey, something came up with my family and I really need to take care of some things."

"Well I'd be lying if said I wasn't disappointed but I understand. I hope everything is ok."

"It will be, and I'll make this up to you I promise."

"I'll hold you to that." She teased.

"Make sure you do. Again I'm so sorry, I was really looking forward to seeing you tonight. I'll call you in a day or two, sweetheart."

"I hope everything works out and I'll talk to you soon."

Dante hung up the phone and returned to his packing. As he was finishing gathering his things, his cousin entered the room.

"I just got a message from Marco. What's going on? I thought the problems in your pack had settled down?"

"So did we, that was why I came up here. But apparently, it was all and act. They were biding their time and a challenge has been issued against my father. It will happen tomorrow night. Marco is making arrangements for me to fly out as soon as possible."

"I will arrange for a car to the airport and anything else you need."

"Thank you." Dante dropped his head and breathed deeply.

"Dante, I have faith that your father will prevail. But if he does not you know what must be done."

Dante looked up at his cousin. He could see the concern in his eyes. "Yes, Anton I know. Let us just hope it does not come to that."

--------------------

Dante's flight had arrived in the middle of the night. And by the time he got to bed the sun was starting to rise. He knew he would not get much sleep but forced himself to lie down and rest. He would need all of his strength and energy for the day ahead. He got out of bed around 10am and took a quick shower before heading downstairs to find breakfast. When he arrived to the kitchen his brother was waiting for him.

"Are we alone?" Dante asked his brother.

"Yes, dad is with Joe and I asked everyone else to stay away from the house." Joe was Gianni's oldest friend and Beta. Dante knew they would be preparing for the challenge.

"How bad is the situation? Who will be fighting? Will they play by the rules?"

"Things are pretty bad. Their numbers have grown but we still have many more pack members on our side than they do. I doubt they will follow the rules but I don't know if they will just be bent or completely broken. Michael has issued the challenge and will be fighting."

"Damn it! Be honest with me Marco, can dad win this?"

"You know dad is a strong leader and warrior. This is not the first challenge he has faced. He may not be as young as he used to be but he is an experienced fighter. But Michael is a wild card. He is power-hungry and does not respect our rules or laws. I do not know what is going to happen."

"Then we need to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I think we can safely assume our supporters will be on one side and theirs on the other. We'll make sure the strongest of our fighters are the closest to the circle. They should be on guard and prepared to fight and protect the ones behind them."

"Agreed. You gather the fighters you have in mind and get them prepared. I will talk to other about and evacuation plan for elders and children if things get too intense."

"Ok, we have a few hours to get done what we need. We should be back to the house by dinner to spend time with dad before tonight."

"You and I will be expected to escort dad to the clearing along with Joe. The challenge will begin and sundown." Marco sighed. "Dante, if things do not go as we hope tonight, what do you plan to do."

Dante looked his brother in the eye, "I know my responsibility, Marco. I will do what I must. But I will need you by my side."

"Always, brother."

Marco and Dante left the house to start getting their plans into action. Everyone they spoke to gave their full support and agreed to follow the brothers' plans. Dante could feel the tension in the air as he walked through the compound. Many of the member of the pack were on edge, not sure what to expect that evening. Dante tried to give them comfort and relieve some of their fears while still preparing them and being realistic about the possible outcomes.

The brothers arrived back at the house just in time for dinner. They found Gianni and Joe in the dining room waiting for them to begin eating. The four men ate dinner mostly in silence. But nothing needed to be said. The fact they were there together was enough.

After dinner they all retreated to their rooms to change. Sweatpants were the easiest thing to take off before a shift. The four men all met up again outside the house and began to walk to the challenge site. Just before they got to the clearing, Gianni stopped his sons.

"Whatever happens tonight, the De Luca family will continue to lead this pack for many years to come."

The brothers looked at their father and nodded. They knew what he expected.

When they arrived at the clearing most of the pack was already there and assembled around the circle. Just as Dante had expected, his father's supporters were on one side and the challenger's on the other. His supporters had arranged themselves as he had asked with the strongest in front. Dante looked over at the potential fighters and gave them a silent nod of thanks and approval.

One of the elders walked to the center of the circle and called the Alpha and challenger forward. He explained the rules and the men started to disrobe. Both men must stay inside the circle. No assistance could be provided by anyone outside of the circle. The first one to submit is the loser. Once one does submit the challenge is over and fighting cannot continue. The winner will remain or become the Alpha. Both men nodded their agreement to the rules, though Michael had a mischievous look in his eyes.

The men shifted and started to circle each other in wolf form. Whatever was going to happen would happen soon. Dante just stood and waited, his wolf just below the surface ready if he was needed...

miss_kris
miss_kris
31 Followers
12