All Comments on 'True and Eternal Pt. 02'

by DoctorWyldcard

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I'm a sucker for a happy ending

But this one may have been too sugary, I'll have to mull it over in my mind. I did enjoy it overall, by the way. Ronnie W.

beesfanbeesfanover 18 years ago
Sorry.

I read this story because you were the author, but I have to confess that I struggled with it all the way through. Maybe it's the genre, which I am not, with some notable exceptions, a fan of, but to me this tale went from implausible to thoroughly unbelievable in almost all aspects. Having not read many of the romance stories posted to this site, this is perhaps characteristic. If so, this will be a good reason for my continuing to select tales to read in this section with caution. Just a thought - several good writers have attempted to demonstrate their versatility by covering many different lit. categories. IMO, this has had the effect of diluting their talent and I wonder if the same may be true here. Of course, this is just my opinion and may well be contradicted by others whose views are equally, or more, valid. Whatever, please keep writing - you are good at it!

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Yes, I enjoyed this story...

But it seems a little too much in this section. Too mushy, too vehment, and too sad.

It is a somewhat happy ending but the finality of Thomas detracts from that!

Still wanna read the 3rd chapter!!

budd100budd100over 18 years ago
great story

I really like this story. After reading some of the comments, I don't know why some people read stories on this site because they always have negative comments. This story is as close to real life as you will ever get. The people are real and their actions and reactions are real. I hope to read more of your works in the future.Keep up the good work.

ryu77ryu77over 18 years ago
Good writing but didn't like it....

So what if she had a loveless marriage, does it justifies what she did to him??? NO!

Never!!!

If Alex REALLY loved her, he would have made her divorce the bastard husband, but NOOOO!!!! She had to have an affair. Yes it is an affair because the stupid Thomas didn't know about it. How the hell did that help? Did he magically change?

They didn't have kids in the first place, so what other obstacles did Amanda have to get rid of him??I think Amanda and the others´ actions were worse than Thomas' attitude. No one deserves that...

Sorry for my harsh comments, but this story made me realize that I wouldn't wish this(what happened to Thomas) even to my worst enemy.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Great story

One of the best I've read in a long time. Great work, I'm looking forward to more in this catagory from you. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
There's a thing called divorce...

It's a well written story, but I couldn't get over the premise - the plot of the story because it could have been easily resolved with a divorce. So Amanda's husband is a control freak, an asshole, so what? She divorces him and remarries a better man instead of cuckolding the husband for years. Then they lie about the children and their whole life. The solution of the sisters was cold blooded and calculated no matter what.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Nice

I just don't care what the other commenters did or didn't like. Although you did swing a lot of sympathy over to Thomas at the end. Right up until the end he deserved none! He was a wife beater...a pregnant wife beater at that. He was backslapping his supposedly own 13 year old daughter. He never did a damn thing in the story that warranted any sympathy! None! His remorse at the end was a little bit late...

DelicoseDelicoseover 11 years ago
I don't agree with Alex's erasing Thomas's suicide message...

Even though Thomas didn't want Amanda to hear the message, I think it was a last minute redemption that would have meant something to her, and maybe Lisa, too. I think they both needed to hear that.

I also like how you use the Maybach Exelero as Alex's ride. Though you may not have known it at the time you wrote this, it was a one-run car, meaning there was only one ever made.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
ETERNAL IS TRUE FOR THOMAS

and he was macho to the end, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Jesus

What the protagonist and the sisters did was way, way worse than anything Thomas did. All three of them are abusers of epic proportions.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
In a normal cuck tale, we would be screaming for the cheaters head on a platter

Much as I want the kinds and Andy to be happy, this is wrong. And if you kill bad husband after he confesses and is contrite, it is sort of justified since he hit his family, but this violent dénouement part of the plot sucks too,

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I also agree

No matter how much romance is put into this story it's still a story about a cheating wife and her lover. Him apparently killing himself was a bonus for them but a sucky ending overall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Odd perspective. In the end, regardless of how bad his behavior, Thomas did not warrant being cheated on for 15 years with Amanda constantly fucking Alex and having his five kids. Hard to call this a Romance despite the first and last chapter. He crushed Thomas. Yes Thomas was a fucked up abuser and terrible husband. So what? Get a fucking divorce. I know the author wanted a chapter 3, but this chapter puts a lot of that so-called romance into perspective, and not a flattering one. In fact, after his physical and psychic beatdown by Alex, it is surprising that Thomas did not get a gum and then target Alex and Amanda. Then maybe suicide. The suicide by car was dark and should really shake the cheaters, Amanda and Alexz but it doesn't as it is a plot convenient way for the author to bring all three together. Yikes!

AllNigherAllNigher11 months ago

While the the main characters started off somewhere likeable I'm kinda hating them by the end of this chair.... Started disliking then in the middle of the first. Snags should have dovorced as soon as she decided to get pregnant by another man... Hell as soon as she decided she wanted to sleep with another man.

If she'd let her husband is have enjoyed this much more. The guy was an asshat but that doesn't justify cheating. Leave. In this chair the author took great strides to make the husband abusive.... I don't know.... Terrible for the kids in top of everything...

Makes me sad. After with everything by the anymore poster below me.

The author was a promising writer... I enjoy his writing but didn't appreciate the characters decisions in this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous