Until Tomorrow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After getting back to DC and picking up my car, heading straight home, thinking that I would fix myself something eat once I was home. Walking into the apartment I stood just inside of the door transfixed, looking at the spot where it all began with Shannon. Oh how I was going to miss that girl.

After taking a shower and getting a quick sandwich, I went to bed, getting a very good nights' sleep, thinking about it, since being with Shannon, all my nights have been very restful.

Arriving at work a little earlier than usual, I noticed that Melanie was already there, sitting in her office, reading a paper and drinking a cup of coffee. As I walked into her office, I was greeted with a huge smile and asked if I wanted join her in a cup of coffee while I told her about my trip. I went and got a cup and poured myself some coffee, then sitting down in front of her desk, telling her all about the trip, and the wedding I attended. I told her how friendly everyone was, since I was almost a total stranger. I really didn't tell her about Shannon, but just mentioned that it was my friend's sister's wedding. We talked more about the company and where she thought it was headed, which she said was really starting to grow, thanks to all of us working together.

As her phone started to ring, I mouthed, "See you later!" and walked out of the room towards my office. Once there, I turned on my computer, then getting another cup of coffee from the break room. As I was settling in, my phone started ringing. After my rehearsed greetings, the caller identified herself as Janice Stockton of the Stockton Detective Agency and asked to speak to Kayla McBride.

"Yes Janice, this is Kayla, how are you doing this morning?"

"I'm doing very well thank you, but I do have some bad news for you. We followed your husband, John to three different cities since he left over a week ago, and I'm afraid to say that he has met up with five different women since then. We have pictures of each of the meetings, including taking them to diner, then to his hotel room. I personally haven't seen the actual pictures yet, but was told that each person in the pictures is quite identifiable. Do you want us to continue following and documenting everything, or stop?"

"He's due back this coming Friday, why don't you continue the surveillance until he walks back into the apartment."

She went on to tell me that once she had the pictures back in her office that she would also have a detailed report to go with them. She also said that she could recommend a very good lawyer if I would want one. I got the name and phone number, which I knew I was going to need one. After I hung up the phone, sitting back into my chair, it all seemed to be coming down on me all at once. I was not sure if it was anger, or hurt, or just being frustrated all these years in a loveless marriage, the tears started to flowing from my eyes, laying my head on my desk, I just began crying harder, until I was to the point of sobbing.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, pulling me up to a sitting position. I looked and it was Melanie standing beside me at my desk. I noticed my office door had been closed, thinking Melanie had closed it to keep my personal affairs private from the rest of my co-workers.

"What's wrong Kayla, are you hurt or something, why are you crying like this?" She then handed me a tissue.

Taking the tissue form her, wiping my eyes and cheeks, I blew my nose into the tissue tossing it into the trashcan reaching for another. I just got a call from the detective agency that I had hired to follow my husband. I wanted to find out once and for all if in fact he was cheating on me. It has been almost over a year since he even touched me. I don't know; it seemed like every emotion you could ever possibly feel, came rushing back to me at the same time. I couldn't help myself, I just started crying over anger, guilt, and unhappiness, hurt... you name it, and I felt it. Slowly again my eyes started to water up, and before I knew it, I was standing, with Melanie cuddling me in her arms, rocking me side to side, whispering that it was going to be alright.

Backing away so that I could look at Melanie, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause such a ruckus, but..." as she held up her hand.

"I've been exactly where you are this very moment, when that son of a bitch ex-husband of mine did the same thing to me, I went through what just now happened to you, so I know what you're saying about feeling every emotion at once. Listen, I want you to sit down here, and collect yourself, then go home. I don't want to see you back here until you got it out of your system. I mean it, not as your boss, but as a friend. Ok!"

"Are you sure Melanie, I mean you might need me."

"Honey, do me a favor, go home. You and I both know you're not going to be worth a shit if you stay here in the frame of mind your in right now."

"Ok! But I will be back tomorrow, you can count of that."

Giving each other another little hug, Melanie then slipped out the door, closing it behind her. Thinking that maybe Melanie was right, all I had to do was to be talking to someone on the phone, then think of something stupid and start bawling when I had a client on the line. Collecting my stuff, shutting off my computer, I got up to go home having no idea what my next move was going to be.

Within fifteen minutes I was home. It all seemed kind of strange, a weekday, and I was home. I was far enough above the streets, that I really didn't hear and of the hustle and bustle normally going on in a weekday. I sat down on the sofa, my purse in my lap, which I absently mindedly forgot to put it on the stand next to the door like I normally do. Sitting there, thinking all that was said when talking to Janice at the detective agency, I remembered her giving me a name and phone number of an attorney she said could clean his clock. Digging through my purse, I found the slip of paper with her name and phone number, and pulled out my cell to call her. Dialing the number, I waited, not even knowing if it was too early to call.

"Good morning, Burgess Attorneys at Law, how can I help you this morning?"


"Yes, good morning, my name is Kayla McBride, and I was referred to Ms Burgess by Janice Stockton. Is there any way I can make an appointment to see Ms Burgess as soon as possible?"

"Could you tell me what this is in regards to?"

"Yes, I would like to talk to her about filing for a divorce from my husband, John McBride as soon as possible."

"Yes, I see... let me check, may I put you on hold for a minute or so?"

"Yes, that would be fine, thank you."

Sitting there, listening to the elevator music, I began to wonder what the people listened to when I put them on hold at the travel agency. What seemed like a short time, the receptionist came back on line and asked if I was free at nine forty five, Ms Burgess had her next case delayed and could see me this morning if I had time to meet with her."

"Yes, I am free to meet with her this morning, if you would give me the address, I'll be right over."

After writing the address down, I returned everything to my purse, setting it down and going to the bathroom to freshen up and redo my makeup.

I walked into the law firm at nine forty exactly. Walking up to the receptionist desk, I noticed the nameplate read June Harper. June looked to be petite, with very long light auburn hair, and the prettiest green eyes, and freckles across the bridge of her nose. From the way she was sitting, it would appear that she had an A cup breasts, but they seemed to fit her body perfectly.

"My name is Kayla McBride, I think I talked to you a short time ago and about seeing Ms Burgess."

"Yes, I was the one you talked to earlier, if you'll have a seat, I check and see if she is ready to see you."

As I sat down, I noticed that there were no women's magazines, but only business magazines and a copy of the Wall Street Journal. I started scanning through one of the magazines lying on the table in front of me, if only to keep myself occupied and not becoming a nervous wreck. Breaking my wondering mind, I heard my name being called. I looked up and June was standing by an open door waiting for me.

As I got up and started walking towards her, her face again lit up with a very pretty smile. As I got to the door, she motioned for me to enter. Walking into the office, I was almost taken back by the grandeur of it. Behind the biggest desk I think I ever saw, was whom I assumed Ms Burgess, and behind her was floor to ceiling windows, spanning the entire width of the room. On the walls to either side, was lined with bookcases, filled with law books. On each side of the room was a closed door leading to another room. Near the entrance door, was a conference tabled with six chairs around it. As I walked towards the desk, Ms Burgess rose from her chair and was walking around the desk to greet me. She appeared to be around five four; maybe around one hundred fifteen pounds, long dark brown hair, and possibly C cup breasts. She was wearing a long sleeve light shade of pink Jasmine pleated silk blouse, a high neckline, puffed sleeves and rouleau buttons, and a Tory Burch silk skirt with soft pleats below a wide waistband shape a flowery feminine skirt. As I approached, she reached out her hand, "Hi, I'm Kathrine Burgess, and you must be Kayla McBride, please have a seat."

In front of the desk was two high back chairs done up in a rich brown velour. As I sat down and put my purse on the floor at my feet, Ms Burgess then asked; "It is my understanding that you are here seeking a divorce from your husband, John McBride, is that correct?"

"Yes it is, I hired a detective agency to follow him and see if in fact he was cheating on me. I talked to a Janice Stockton this morning and she assured me that he was in fact cheating, and had met up with five different women since leaving town and traveling to three different cities. Miss Stockton was the person who gave me your name and phone number."

"Yes, Janice. Janice mentioned something about your case last night. Oh, I'm sorry. You see Janice is my wife. We had a civil ceremony and are living together. I trust this does not bother you, does it?"

"No... no of course not. I am very happy for you and Janice. Maybe one day I'll get to meet her in person and not over the phone. Matter of fact, I am having thoughts now concerning my own sexuality, and to be honest, I am a bit confused. Maybe one day when this is all over, I might invite you and your wife to dinner, and maybe you both could help me in my understanding of being a lesbian."

"I think that is a marvelous idea, why not make it a date, with the day penciled in later, shall we?"

"Great! Now Ms Burgess..." as she raised her hand.

"Please call me Kate, except maybe in the court room, where everything is official there. Ok!"

"Thank you. Now Ms... I mean Kate, where do we start, or what! I'm really lost here as to what happens next."

"First off, I don't want you to mention any of this to your husband at this point. Let me get my investigators to do a little research on him to see if he has any monies stashed away. In the meantime, you gather up all your financial records, deeds, trusts, anything that shows any amount of value. In the meantime, we'll have the papers drawn up, a financial record established, and a list of things we want and need, then add them to the papers to be signed by you and you're soon to be ex-husband. Does this explain a little at this time?"

"Yes it does, very much. I never thought of any hidden monies, I only know what is in our checking and savings accounts. I never thought he might be putting some away elsewhere."

"Honey that is why you have me, to think of the hidden possibilities."

"Great, now for the hard part, how much is all this going to cost me, hoping I have enough or else I'm screwed before I even get started?"

"All you need to worry about for now is the court costs. June will be able to help you with that when you go to leave here today, the rest, your ex is going to be paying for your divorce, not you."

"Really! I feel so much better already. I'll start getting everything you asked for together, make a copy of everything and have it sent over to you by currier, if that is ok with you?"

"Yes, but make sure you hang onto the originals, if anything put them up in a bank box or somewhere else that is safe. If we have to turn anything into the courts, they won't accept copies, everything must be an original or at least a certificated copy."

After stopping by and signing papers for June, giving her a check, I was heading out the door to my car. Glancing at my watch, I noticed that it was only a little past eleven. Knowing that they were shorthanded at the office and knowing Melanie was not going to be able to leave for lunch, I decided to stop and get a Chinese order to go, take it to her, and tell her about going to the lawyer and possibly how easy all this is going to be.

Walking in Melanie's office right at noon, she was shocked to see me, and even more so when she saw the take out bags of Chinese food I had in my hands. I sat the bags down on her conference table, took off my coat and closed the door. Melanie by this time had come from behind her desk and was sitting down at the table.

"Ok, what's up with you? You didn't just go out and get us lunch and bring it down here and not have something you wanted to say, is there?

"Well, I wanted you to be the first to know, before I got our lunch. I went to a lawyer's office and started my divorce proceedings." I had gotten Melanie her favorite, sweet n sour chicken, and I had the Mongolian beef, I went on telling her about my lawyer being a lesbian, and really not sure if she was a man hater, but maybe a little was good. I also told her that she was going to make sure I got everything I deserved to get, plus maybe a little extra on the side, like having him pay for the divorce.

Once we were done eating, I told Melanie that I was going to return to my desk and work the rest of the afternoon, that I needed to stay busy, and sitting home would not make matters any easier.

"Staying busy really would be good for you, and to be honest, we really do need the extra help, because we are a lot busier than expected for a Monday."

Gathering up the trash, cleaning off the table, I picked up my coat and as I opened the door to start back to my office...

"Oh Kayla, if anyone should ask, I sent you on an errand, and since you were out, you brought us lunch, ok?"

"Ok, thanks! You know, you're the best boss I ever had."

"I am? Thanks. Wait a minute, I'm the only boss you ever had."

"I know, that's what makes you the best."

I was kept busy rest of the afternoon, which is what I really needed to keep my mind off John and my upcoming divorce. I was going to worry about mom and dad later, no sense in bringing them into the picture right now, as I felt I had a full plate as it was, plus I wanted to have a copy of the pictures, so when they would start in on how perfect he is, I could lay out the pictures so they could see for themselves.

At five forty five, I walked in the door of the apartment. I took out my phone and sent Shannon a text to call me when she was alone and had time to talk without being interrupted. I really assumed that it was probably diner time for them, so I thought it would be a little while before she would call me. I walked to the bedroom, stripping along the way, leaving a trail of clothes to the bedroom. I walked into the bathroom, pulling off my last piece of clothing, my lace trimmed panties dropping them into the hamper to be washed. I turned on the water to the shower, and as I waiting for the hot water; I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I have been able to maintain the same figure I had while in college, eight years ago. I did notice that when I turned sideways, my breasts were still firm looking with no noticeable sag in them. Lightly tracing my nails over my dark brown areolas my nipples became as hard as pencil erasers. I knew if I didn't stop now, no telling when I would stop, which brought a smile to my lips. Adjusting the temperature, I stepped into the shower and started washing my hair first.

After getting out of the shower, drying my hair, I wrapped a towel around myself; I went into the kitchen and fixed myself a margarita, sat on the sofa with only the towel around me. I sat there, transfixed looking at the Washington Monument, thinking of it as one of Sigmund Freud's phallic symbols. My mind went back to Saturday night, looking into Shannon's eyes as she slowly fucked me with the strap-on.

I thought back, Saturday night in the motel, cupping her breasts, pinching her nipples. As she raised her cute little ass up, pulling the dildo out, she would suck in her breath as the strap would then press and pull on her clit. Feeling the moisture beginning to form on my own pussy, I lifted my leg, putting the heel on the sofa, opening up my pussy to my fingers. Pulling the towel aside, I slid my fingers up and down my slit, collecting the moisture on my lips. I brought my fingers to my lips, licking and tasting my juices on them, remembering kissing Shannon lips, tasting my juices on her lips, causing a slight shutter in my body.

As I was about to slide at least three of my fingers into my pussy, the phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, Shannon's name appeared.

"Good evening sweetie, how are you?"

"Oh baby, I'm not doing very well, I'm down in the dumps with the blues missing you. I miss you so much Kayla."

"I miss you so much also Shannon, but I have some news to tell you. I think you'll love hearing all about it."

"Oh please tell me you're at Krystal's waiting for me to meet you?"

Giggling... "No, but I am sitting here on my sofa, naked with my legs spread wide open, running my finger up and down my wet slit while holding the phone in my other hand."

I heard a soft moan over the phone... "Dam Kayla, now I'm even more depressed... I want to be there, your arms wrapped around me as I'm the one sliding my fingers up and down your slit, then licking your juices off."

"I promise you, on Wednesday evening, we'll be doing a lot more then cleaning each other's juices off our fingers. That is not really the news I was going to tell you about."

"Right now I want to hear more about Wednesday night when you pick me up at the airport. If the flights are on time, I should be arriving there about six thirty."

"Well my dear, I was thinking of picking you up, taking you to your apartment and for us to dine at the Y most of the evening, occasionally using the strap-on with each other, then calling out for a pizza before falling to sleep."

"Oh yes... That sounds like it's going to so exciting. So what else were you going to tell me?"

"Well, I was about to tell you that first, I got a call from the detective agency, saying that in the three cities that John has traveled to, they have pictures of him with five different women. I also went to a lawyer this morning, and started the proceedings for a divorce."

"I'm sorry Kayla, I know getting the divorce is the right thing to do, under your present circumstances, but it still can be trematic for you. You know I'll be there for you, anyway I can."

"Thank you, that really means a lot to me right now, but until the divorce is actually final, I think we should be careful, and not let anyone think that we are lovers or anything."

"I agree, it's going to be hard, not just grabbing your hand, or giving you a hug whenever I see you, but I will be careful, I promise."

"Don't worry love, we will see each other as often as possible, but we're going to have to be careful."

"Kayla, it's going to be a lot easier than you think for us to see each other, and when I get home on Wednesday, I'll show what I am talking about, and I'm not saying anymore until I show you in person."

1...45678...12