All Comments on 'Wagons Ho'

by Silverstag

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What a Great Story

You have written the best story on this site, bar none. You have a great talent sir. I hope your talents extend to further chapters in this saga. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Work!

I quite enjoyed the story. Especially the the character development. Would have liked to be teased a little more(found the sex sections a little bit anticlimactic.) Please post more like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Very Good Story With Lots of Possibilities

I thought the story was very good and there are lots of follow on possibilities. The only negative was the old-fashioned language which was not accurate (for instance thee was used often where thou should have been). I found that this sometimes distracted me from the story which was a pity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great..

I loved yur story.I wish I was her. Hot and sexey. I do hope you write more of their adventure, keep up the good work..Linda

Randy01Randy01over 18 years ago
Wonderful

and erotic, I enjoyed reading this tale of two travelers who find a way to enjoy the boredom of travel. Please continue with another chapter of erotic fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful Story

What a great story. Those of us over sixty still have love in our hearts and enjoy reading about others our age. CB

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

Please continue this story.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
good but...

it was a great story but many irrelivant details which frustrate the reader who needs more Sex.cut the crap n come to the point coz to b honest,no one use formalities in this extend wen its matter of sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful Story

A wonderful story very well written. A very tender tale of patience and respect. A refreshing break from the normal boom bam sex tales.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good One!!

Please keep it going as they travel on their journey to a new land and new life.

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
Fun Story

This is a good read. The sex was fine but it would have been just as enjoyable without it. Looking for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful History

What a wonderful story idea, I love history and have often wondered how single women came west. This story gives a great idea about how that might have happened and the sexual aspects were very romantic and exciting too. Thank you, keep this story going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Terrific

A gentle, loving story. There are times when fast and furious is good...yet there are times when it's just as wonderful soft and slow. I enjoyed the build up of their confidence and opening up to one another. More chapters in the future would be great. Please continue to tell their adventures both non-sexual and sexual!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Pakistan doesn't get it ........

Not all want a steady diet of wham, bam, thank you mam, that Pakistan champions.

There may be a time and place for that ...

but .........

this was not the place.

-----

Congratulations of a fine piece of writing, and for allowing both characters to proceed at their own pace.

Future episodes will be most welcomed, as one responder said, for their nonsexual AND sexual adventures.

Thanks very much for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A+

Well done!

SensualCurvesSensualCurvesover 18 years ago
What class!

Superb story, first class! How nice to see someone write a story - not a collection of porno situations! Pakistan has totally missed the class and tastefulness of this lovely piece of writing. Well done! (psst Thee may like to brush up on the grammar of the Quaker speech ;o) )

R_AscalR_Ascalover 18 years ago
Thou losest track of thy thees sometimes

This was an OK story, but it was difficult to stay inside it because of you appear to be quite confused about when to use thou, thee and thy. There were moments when I wondered whether you weren't recording a particular dialect that confuses these much as most modern American English speakers confuse lay, lie, laying, lying, and laid. But every now and again you use thee, thou or thou correctly, which puts paid to my dialect explanation.

Another disconnect is the use of modern terminology for aspects of the sex you describe. I strongly doubt that people in the early 1860s talked about 'come' or 'coming' to describe the moment of orgasm, or ejaculation. I suspect they would have used the term 'spend'... or somesuch.

pope32767pope32767over 18 years ago
"Thee is", please

This is a fine story, but I had to downrate it for inconsistent language. In 19th-century Quaker plain speech, "thee" is used for both subjects and objects, and it takes 3rd person singular agreement. So it's "thee is", not "thee are", which would sound as weird then as "he are" would today.

You often remember to use "thee", but often you fall into using "thou" (which was obsolete even in plain speech, except when speaking to God, by the end of the 18th century) or even "you". Real Quakers probably weren't 100% consistent either, but in a story this is jarring.

hansjonhansjonover 18 years ago
Love

Write more, you'er only half way to Oregon! Wonderful story!

I'm not hung up on the thee's and thou's, more enjoyed the Quaker peacefulness of the story. Pleasantly refreshing.

John

NamizujsNamizujsover 18 years ago
Waiting for part two ...

Although some have previously remarked on the inconsistencies and also the good, "pleasant" calm nature of the story, I can only congratulate and wait for part 2.

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well written

I am a huge fan of period pieces and the wild west is one of my favorites. You did a great job of capturing the language. The tender exchanges between Clara and Jerry were very good too. I also appreciate the modesty with which they approache the lovemaking. Very well done. Thank you for your submission.

tootalldaytootalldayover 13 years ago
G-Spot in 1863?

No one was even aware of the existence of the g-spot until Ernst Gräfenberg published some studies regarding the G-spot in the 1940s and it didn't reach the current vernacular until the term G-spot was coined around the early 1980s by another writer. I also doubt that the ordinary everyday man knew about the clitoris (at least its name) during that period. But I did enjoy the story and, as someone else said, "They're only halfway to Oregon!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Enjoying this story

I'm really enjoying this story, especially the word plays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
cute but too innacurate for me

This is a good idea for a story but the language was all wrong and I had to quit reading halfway through. Your Quaker vernacular was wrong and they would not have used words like cum or coming or orgasm or clitoris. Definitely not G-spot (one may have found it but it wouldn't have had a name).

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It is a pleasure to tag along on their journey

of mutual discovery.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 7 years ago
Outstanding!

Thee hath written a story worth Five Stars!

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
LMAO

LMAO really? A 1800's man knows Clit, and G Spot, that's halirous!

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
Outstanding!

Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
G-spot

It is a 20th-century term, not known in the 19 century.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
I liked the story

But, home made soap was most always lye soap. To most people lye soap was so caustic it could take the hide off a hog and it could burn a human if too much lye was used in the soap making process. To those who don’t know lye is caustic soda chemically known as Sodium Hydroxide. I sure as hell wouldn't want to bathe with lye soap. MM

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"Thee" is the object form; "thou" the subject. A Quaker world know this, as would everyone else in the nineteenth century with any education.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous