All Comments on 'We Need to Talk Kate'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Simply:

Short, sweet, complete. Thank you!

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 12 years ago
Now...

...best friends with benefits?

A quick, fun and enjoyable read!

Thanks!

C_frommnC_frommnover 12 years ago
Nice

Quick,simple and a very nice story.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Welcome back

Wish you'd write longer but I'll take what I can get.

'Throes of passion', not 'throws of passion' (One involves sex, the other cricket. Cause I'm a prat that way)

I don't like writing sex scenes too much either.

Keep writing.

magooomagoooover 12 years ago
Not enouh meat

More to chew and digest

hikewithapackhikewithapackover 12 years ago
nice little tidbit

I like short stories with open endings and I like long stories with careful character and plot development. The most important thing is a plot hook that is not done to death. This was a very good short story. Well done.

DrallDrallover 12 years ago
Another good one!

I have a big smile on my face. Thanks for a "fun" story!

vestspetvestspetover 12 years ago
more

I'd like to know what happened when Kate tells her husband that she fucked Mike and Mike tells him that he's going to continue to fuck Katie.

mike2710mike2710over 12 years ago
Oh Golly Gosh

A nice little story. Thank you for the entertainment.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 12 years ago
Of course you should write these!

By all means, stuff of this quality? Great! An original twist, but more important some of the best dialog on the site, what more could we want?

I liked that dialog. The male character would be recognizable in any story based on the 'sound'

of his dialog. This is no easy feat

KirkelKirkelover 12 years ago
Same story

That story has been done numerous times with far more meat. Other spouses cheat and one finally finds out and tells the other, revenge or not, then variations. Pretty much tells your story.

My thought is all the details leading up to it, discovery and the variations are what make it great. This story has the basics and none of the fun.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
Cute!

Short, to the point and he gets a willing partner instead of a payback fuck! Nicely done.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHAT A MAN

He settles several old scores gets what he was after and comes out the good guy smelling like a rose., TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Nice Flash Story!

You built it up in our head and left us satisfied without beating it to death!

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
very nice

short and to the point.

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Not very good

It's way too rushed. The storyline itself had potential but the author ruined it by not taking the time to flesh it out. Now it's asub par rush job. Therefore only one star.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
:)

She got the point.

victoriangentvictoriangentover 12 years ago
Something is missing.

Slow day Brit? Sort of like mixing a Martini and forgetting the Olive. By far not your best.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Nice quick little revenge story

It was a nice little turn of events that she thought he was a bastard looking for sex and both of them turned out to be the injured party. She was a bit too quick to take him at his word, never trust the best friend claiming your husband cheated and suggesting you jump into bed to fix it. She should have asked to see a picture, which he could have quickly produced and then move forward. But they got to the revenge quickly enough.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Short, but nice.

Not much in the way of background or character development, but a very enjoyable short story.

[However, in this application, the word is "throes", not "throws".]

For a piece so brief, I liked this one.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
A little rushed

Yeah, like some of the others, I felt it was a little rushed. You could have had them consoling one another for awhile before jumping into the sack.

I still gave it 5* though.

WILLACWILLACover 12 years ago
KEEP IT UP....

A nice to the point story. Maybe a short story II to cover the confrontations with their potential ex's.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Shorty!!!!!!!!!!!

Short and sweet and you told the whole story. Great job thanks for sharing.

Orion623Orion623over 12 years ago
Nice idea, but...

not too much of a story. I prefer the author's stories which are longer and more developed. Britease has created many delightful characters which enhance the clever plot lines he produces. Unfortunately this offering is so short that we are given only a glimmer of Kate and Mike and feel shortchanged because of that. Nevertheless I would be sorely disappointed if there weren't more stories from Britease to savor in the future.

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Nice Outline

Probably would have made a great story, if you'd bothered to put a little effort into it. That being said, I did enjoy what there was of it.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
Short and sweet, but perhaps a bit too short.

I would have liked to have read about what they did in the bedroom, and if he was really truthful to her about her husband cheating.

thanks for the read

VanescaVanescaover 11 years ago
Even in America we know the difference between throes and throws

I 'd have awarded you a higher score, but you misspelled "death throes."

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

Short, quick and to the point. I hate cheaters. All should live in pain.

Five Stars

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Another good and funny story...

Another good and funny story...As almost all your stories...

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Not your best...

Not your best, but nevertheless a good and funny story...

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 9 years ago
Just a little too brief this time.

This needed a little something between his revelation of the adultery (does anybody use that word any more?) and the final curtain. Some more conversation, or Mike taking off Kate's dress, or something. Other than that, it was acceptable, understandable, and well structured. I gave it a four.

Hans

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 8 years ago
Since it turns out you're married to a pair of snakes...

...you might want to spend a little time talking about condoms and STD's.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
EVERY THING IS BEAUTIFUL

but not for everybody. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
the husband in question is already bankrupt

as far as his marriage is concerned.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 8 years ago
reading a lot of the stories.

That this author has posted and I am sure he is not English as NOBODY in England would say golly gosh........ever.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years agoAuthor
Golly gosh

You really don't think I'm English? I assure you I am, even though I live in France that is. Golly gosh, how spiffingly embarrassing!

bworth1943bworth1943over 7 years ago
stone cold

Bankrupt the guy, buy the company for a song , be the hero to all the employees you save. Enjoy your new life without a cheating wife. Golly Gosh, what more could you want?

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago
Infidelity

Another amusing tale slightly longer this time. 5 stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Yeah

five stars. An author of extremes.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THIS IS CONSENSUAL BLACKMALE" RAPE

now to put the Spin on the tail for the donkey, TK U MLJ LV NV

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Can't give this one more than a 4...

... 'Cause I can respect anyone over the age of 5 repetitively using the words 'GOLLY' or 'GOSH'.

Mike probably married a slut, Mike, but him having the vocabulary of a toddler probably didn't help...

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 6 years ago
Oh, golly gosh.

Indeed. LOL Nicely done.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 6 years ago
Loved it!

Great little story and possibly the best epilogue I've ever read.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 6 years ago
Win

Love your sense of humor and irony.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Typical

Typical fun little Britease story. Enjoyed it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
4 stars not enough revenge

How did he find out

I presume he will fire or something like to ex best friend

Bankrupt take over company no one else out of job

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Screw revenge...

...and screw Kate often and with enthusiasm!

I do like a story where the cheaters get what's coming and the victims just cum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A dull skeleton

of what could have been an interesting story. Unfortunately, this author is always scant on detail. All in all, a disappointingly lackluster effort. One dully blinking star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A fun story

And clever, too.

Had me laughing out loud the second half of it.

amyyumamyyumabout 4 years ago
Cute

You little devil! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
More

More rubbish.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Britease does do some great little stories. This is one of them.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Love these little stories.

AlericAlericabout 3 years ago

Okay, who is lying? Is Mike telling the truth, or is her husband? Neither one seems to be all that credible, so we need more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Greatest epilogue of all time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

DeeFrigginlightful!

sentiantonesentiantoneover 2 years ago

Love these stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love this need one more chapter needed I feel Mike might be lying

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, but I would have enjoyed a little more about what happened to their spouses after this encounter. Did they divorce, continue on with life as it was, I just needed to know how it all ended.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too short

pummel187pummel187almost 2 years ago

This guy is a scumbag

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lots of good ideas but no bang for your buck. Go back to the desk and finish the damn story.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

An excellent series of cute'n'clever little shorts Very well done, thank you!

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am loving these short stories . 4 Stars for sure from Me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love this series especially Dave. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fun, but I cannot help but want a little more.

Excellent for the word count.

You ask about little tales, they are fine, but I prefer generous tales.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Would've made a great story to a story..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If this was the first of your stories I had read I'd say: Enough All Ready. Having trouble working this one out but since I'm working on the series there is still light at the end of the tunnel. Wonder if it's a train?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Forget the other commenters! Bloody good story. You are impressing us natives, no end !

5 stars.

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

You’re really good at whatever this is called… Thx.

redboat7redboat76 months ago

Wow! great! I agree with HighBrow.

GlancerGlancer5 months ago

Jolly well played, sir!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fab is as fab does.

And getting the prettiest bird is the most fab of all.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

where's the rest of it ???

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 month ago

Another good fun read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Four stars. Let's just say the brevity was a bit brief.

JPB NOT BOB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous