All Comments on 'What Do Women Want?'

by smy3th

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
That's about all of it

I think you ran the gamut of how women feel and act. It would appear they want it ALL.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Not bad...

I cannot speak for all women, but you seem to have me figured out. Except for the fashion part... I could care less what everyone is wearing or where they are living. I think that most women want to feel loved, safe, supported, and understood. Remember all of the things that were important as a child (before sex took over)?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
interesting

I agree with most of it, as a woman who just had a knock down drag out w/ my significant other, I sent it to him, but left out the barbie/ken part. More on target (for me at least) would be to have a relationship that can survive change of emotions, situation, stress and adapt...I do not want to play with it. I view it as my safe place, with him, not something I want to manipulate like a toy. just a thought..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
yes

Seems to me you forgot to mention chocolate and shoes. :) Everything else is just about right on target except the needing to feel like our stuff (houses, pets, cothes) are in "fashion". At least not for me. And one other thing, speaking only for myself, I do think about sex almost as much as you men. Nice to hear that you admitted how much your species thinks about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
great post

It is; it truly is, and it sums up the beauty and complexity of women and their emotions and reminds me of why I truly love them. Like all of us though, the ONE you LOVE and lose sticks out--I got told to vanish by the one woman in all the world who didnt want to feel--she had so many hurts that she didnt want to deal with and my love for her put her in touch with her emotions, and, I think, she couldn't be in touch with them and control her hurt feelings at the same time. Without faith in herself or anything outside herself, not even our love, she fell back on retreating into a cynical shell. It hurt me so much to be told to leave but I had to; promised myself I'd never stay where I was unwanted. In reading your post I thought so much of the storm of emotions I always saw in her. Thanks; thinking of her always makes me happy.

AppleBiterAppleBiteralmost 19 years ago
While I don't agree w/absolutely everything . . .

I think you've done a wonderful job at trying to understand women. A lot of men don't put that much effort into the task. Women are complicated creatures, and I commend you for seeking understanding where we are concerned. :) Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
And men?

Well done, except I don't agree about the fashion stuff. I'd be interested in reading what you'd say about what men want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
No surprises there then

In short...women want to fucking much!

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Fairly insightful, but...

a) It would be interesting to know its cross-cultural validity...

b) Women must be hating you for generalising so much about them, thus pigeonholing them into a gender stereotype, and thereby not unique!

;)

hornygal07hornygal07almost 17 years ago
Interesting...

While I think you mostly get what women want, in some ways what women want is the same thing men want. To generally be independent and autonomous, but simultaneously have some form of security. This differs from person to person, of course, because people find comfort as well as excitement through various means. For example, some people find either or both in sex, relationships and/or money.

However, I think it's interesting that you assume women don't think about sex as often as men. Lol. I believe in monogamous relationships, but I had a boyfriend and later a former fiancee who couldn't keep up with my desire for lots of sex. Sex is almost a constant on my mind as well. That would be the reason why I joined this site after all. Just something to think about.

Overall though, I thought this was a good essay. I would give it a B+ (I used to be a high school teacher). :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
alike

I have the sneaking suspicion that women want the same things that men may want. Deep passion. deeper sex .deeper connection. I think we want the same things...I do like your essay, its an honest attempt

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pretty good assessment

iassessments think you hit it right on the head

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Your work has been plaigarised

By a person called Rishiraj Sen. Refer below link.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1803197426591435&set=a.1549532435291270.1073741828.100007035852159&type=3&theater

TatankaBillTatankaBillabout 6 years ago
Yeah

I think you have it about right. Me- I'm happiest when I can get out of my own head. People either think too much or not enough. It's hard to find balance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous