All Comments on 'When Fantasy Becomes Reality Ch. 02'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 390 Comments
DanzebuDanzebuabout 21 hours ago

Terrible ending - abrupt, not believable, and unsatisfying. And no husband in his right mind would believe she didn't cheat in New York. A real reconciliation requires three things - remorse, repentance, and repair to make the relationship whole. Randy did none of these things. Hence that's why the ending was too abrupt and unsatisfying.

NallusNallus13 days ago

Great story until near the end when everything ended way too abruptly.

I would still seriously doubt her fidelity, since it "is a lifestyle you don't understand ".

He deserves weeks of holiday out with distant friends and family.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Wasn't at all happy with the story line after she cheated with at least one of her boyfriends twice making Steve look like an imbecile or worse. Honestly she was a self-centered narcissist, maybe if her husband had hired a PI in New York or showed up doing his own detective work he would of known if they were kissing on national TV her husband would of also seen the evidence what his wife was doing a lot more in private. It might of been a good ending with a contrite wife putting as much energy and emotion into trying to save her somarriage as she did writing her book.

seasteve123seasteve123about 1 month ago

I hate to but i agree with most of the other comments. I LIKED Steve when he redirected himself but the bitch cheated on him. She would NOT have accepted that behavior from him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Slammed the door on this story fast and hard. Lazy writing from an author who I respected.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

If ever a writer fucked up an ending you, Slirpuff, are the classic example.

All that angst, frustration and anger dissolved in two paragraphs and you were happy with that ending??

Go back to writers school and study, in depth, how to construct proper endings. Because in this story you failed miserably.

I gave you 3/5 before, l want to give you 2/5 this bad but l’ll leave it at 3/5.

You no longer publish here, maybe that’s for the greater good, you too love your Cuck stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I enjoy your stories, but this one seemed forced. She cheated, and he looked the other way because he wanted to believe her lies. He should have shown character by ending it, and she should have shown character by admitting to herself that she wasn't cut out to be a wife and mother. She was foolish dreamer, and a foolish dreamer never stops dreaming.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fucking bitch... She cheated, multiple times.

We all know it. He could get an even better idea just reading her books. ALL women Cheat. Whether physically or emotionally...

They all. 4/5 stars.

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

Far too long with and ending which is more a postscript than an ending.

Her change of mind is not believable without more substance.

LanmandragonLanmandragon4 months ago

Sadly, the ending is in no way believable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I like most of your stories. I like that you do a mix of reconciliation and not. I just can't get past some of the situations where the wife does inappropriate things (how is allowing another dude to put his hand on your ass and kiss you on the lips not cheating, anyway?) and it always just seems to "not be a deal breaker."? And no. I obviously don't know the correct punctuation for that last thought.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ok was a really well done and great story u til the last page if this chapter. I am all for reconciliation here. But the way it instantly happened as she made her choice, was jsut abrupt and odd. What about her trips to New York? How about cutting her books back in half? She must not hit the best sellers list because no one writes 5 books a year unless they are low quality or cheesy romance novels. Seriously he was done. She finally admitted she was dating other people in a "business" capacity but she never admitted to cheating the other time. So finally her apology and her decisions to come back and make it work? Huh? That last page needed an extra scene or something. As it stood suddenly magic occurs because she uses the word "we". Cannot believe after her father slapped her she didn't have a come to Jesus moment with herself. And she let the housekeeper keep her out of the house for weeks? Her lack of interest or time with her kids when separated was also odd. Author didn't really show that she changed. Yes the counselor was great. His sit down with her by herself was very well done. But we don't see the light go off in her mind. Yes she can have a fulfilling career and her family. But seriously just pul back on the number of boos a year. Seriously her own schedule. But just as bad what is up with all her New York behavior. No calls? Never in her room? Clubbing at night. Lying. Ok they keep focusing on she didn't commit adultery or have sexual relations. Ok. But none of the other stuff was covered. Like author ran out of room and just decided to crop it short. Before that the story was excellent. Still five stars but could have been so much more. Some missed opportunities and an abrupt ending. Btw this author is at their nest when there is no adultery / sexual infidelity. Writes excellent characters. Sigh just one more page, maybe one more night scene. Something. Her just showing up and they make it work, just left an acrid taste AR the end. Too bad.

Norseman123Norseman1234 months ago

What she did was unforgivable he should have dumped her and moved on. 4**** Because I didn't like the ending.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR34 months ago

Nonsense. After all the pain, to reconcile so abruptly is trash. It reflects poorly on the author that the best he can do to save the marriage is to sprinkle fairy dust rather than trying to work out a plausible solution.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

wooo what happened to the ending, its was just so abrupt!

She literally threw her husband and kids under the bus for 2 years, her mum and sister taking up the slack, she's kissed at least two other men, and pow, suddenly shes home and there's a 'we'?? I'm still none the wiser as to what they changed (or what she changed actually) to make him want to even bother with her??

CamdudeCamdude6 months ago

5 stars, really enjoyed this.However, in real life this marriage would probably be doomed.Randy has gotten a taste of the good life-handsome men courting her expensive dinners in nyc-even curtailing her writing (5 books a year!?) sooner rather than later she will give in to thst clarion call and go back.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There was one thing that bugged me. The publishing company wanting her to write five books a year. Stephen King doesn't write more than 2 !!! I don't think even James Patterson does that many.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I thought it was OK.

prato1992prato19927 months ago

no es sustentable la inocencia de ella lo engañó durante 2 años, solo un personaje como Steve puede creerle, me decepciono totalmente la resolución del autor

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Your MC's are little more than gutless eunuchs, some start off with some male virtues but seems that you successfully strip all of it away well before your endings. Your antagonists are most often forgiven with consequences waved, and no lessons learned good or bad.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just ...no.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

well after a few stories I've come to the conclusion your one of those every time, we'll just work it out and it will end great nutless wonders.. any real male would have thrown her ass out the door got the kids and moved the hell on in life. Jesus this site needs a way to block authors. to many weak ass writers on here

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

She says she won’t release him from the agreement but she’d already broken the contract when she didn’t go to the counselling session which was part of the agreement.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ended way too fast. Although it appeared like she finally “got it”….the evidence of her doing so was barely hinted at.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She humiliates him on national TV? After all that is what TMZ is for. There is no way to come back from that unless Steve is a total wimp. Which he was. Of course she was cheating, even if she didn’t fuck anybody, dating and kissing.. sorry that’s cheating. Doesn’t pass the spouse test. Did she ever admit it was cheating or behavior a married woman shouldn’t do? Maybe I missed it. But the turn around from “me, I” to “we” was a sign of hope. In a true marriage here is only “us and we” not “you” and “me”.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR39 months ago

Another story built around wishful thinking and a desired reconciliation without a scintilla of foundation. A story where the only justification for the ending is a heavy sprinkling of fairy dust and a total suspension of disbelief.

doctrptdoctrpt9 months ago

Never, ever, never, never, never take back anyone like that. If she is that naive, she would NJVEFR ber a good writer, missing too many details. Nothing written here convinces me that she didn't have sex and do many absolutely horrendous things emotionally and sexually "for her art". Life is too short...find someone who always puts you first.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story.

I'd never take her back. She's a narcissist, and a cheater. I could never trust her. Can we please get a part 3?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sure, she did not really cheat over the space of almost two years with all her time in New York. Just incredible that the only two times she did anything questionable there happened to be photographers or news crews there to capture it. What bullshit. This bitch spent more time on her back then she did standing up. DUMP THE WHORE.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Anonymous comment starting with "It needs another page.." from 3 months ago, was dead on target. Agree 100%. Her epiphany and then subsequent reconciliation was too abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The ending was abrupt and did not fit the emotional tenor of the rest of the story. Fine she didn't physically cheat beyond some kissing and her amorous friend feeling her ass as she got swept up in her narcissist wave of success. She dated, but didn't date. Meh. Tony was being an ass and was joking. Okay. Doesn't change the rest. The session with the wilted flower certainly changed her mind set and she took advantage of the separation document time window. But fine when Randy was just done with her "me, me, me" attitude, she realizes she needs to change. But ending was rushed and barely made sense. Not against reconciliation but wow, what dud she sacrifice. Donna is still nanny. She travels less? Not clear. 4 novels last year vs 5. Shocking. Did they continue counseling? Doesn't seem like it as she had the "we" epiphany and he all good with that? Fine he challenges her as to why. But she just say she wants their life back. Huh? Her logic is circular? Did she offer to give up writing? Seemed like was foreshadowed but no clear mention. So she just moves in, they make love with the flower playing a role, and now they both prioritize family over work? They couldn't solve this before. I understand why she tried to make it work. She realized she had been swept up in her success, but my issue is the how. How can she make the change? What did she do to facilitate her transformation? No counseling? Suddenly a lot of sex? How did she figure out a path forward with both? Too abbreviated, too simple, lot left to mystery and wishful thinking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dumb.

Why would he take her back?

And the separation agreement was not a valid excuse to keep trying after she walked all over him and humiliated him on national TV.

A separation agreement at its very core is a prelude to one of 2 outcomes. Eithwr a permanent separation (divorce). Or a reconciliation.

A separation agreement has to acknowledge the very big likelihood of a divorce. So...her broken promises. Her lack of effort. And then a highly publicized date with another man. That'd do it.

Divorce. And no need for more counseling or effort at all on his part.

He and his kids are better off with her not there.

Stupid bitch of a character.

Learn some God damn priorities like all other well adjusted grown up human beings or lose your family. It's an easy story and you don't need 2 installments and 6 or 7 pages to tell it.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsabout 1 year ago

Spoilt by a very poor ending imho

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

Wow, this started great, then Puff lost his spine and went full cuck mode.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Yet

Yet another story with the wrong ending.Mother of their kids or not,he should have dumped selfish bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It needs another page. To show how Randy has her epiphany of what's going wrong. Because right up until that point she is still in denial. It doesn't feel genuine. So another few paragraphs maybe detailing how she's gets an invite to a cruise, tells her sister or gets the riot act read to her. She needs her moment to justify the reconciliation before she goes too far.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Nope, still too quick and easy of a turn-around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ridiculous raac

MarkTwineMarkTwineover 1 year ago

The miracle turn around in Randi was too much to be believable. Never mind the fact that the slut dated at least two other men in New York. Making this a reconciliation just doesn’t work. One star.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Hmm ... 'we' vs 'I' ... I don't see how that regains trust. The woman is sick.

3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Randy is a stupid self centered slut. Going on dates even if nothing happened the trust is gone. She pulls the we have an agreement card but she skipped out Thursday so there goes the agreement in the shitter like she did to her marriage. This author writes soon of the most crazy self centered egotistical women who magically appear to het smart after putting their partners thru hell and magically get trust back without even earning it. Going on dates is a deal breaker going on dates on national TV double so

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sucked them wife has issues who abandons their family and makes out with another man? He caught her should have dumped her then. Not a good mother or wife

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Husbands want a wife who will give them maximum attention. Randy finally discovered a magic word, "We" , not I. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not one of your better efforts

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another simp.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

That's it? In the middle of page 3 she says I'm not gonna change anything and then one paragraph later the getting back together? What are fucking terrible story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it 4 stars because it was nicely written and an absorbing read but I was far from happy with the outcome. The MC rolled over far too easily and the sudden transformation of his wife from a brass necked, self obsessed prima donna who would sooner swallow battery acid than ever admit to doing wrong in any way to a suddenly very thoughtful, considerate, hell, even REASONABLE person simply wasn't credible. How did such an epiphany ever come to be? Also, the issues of playing tonsil hockey in a New York nightclub with some random prick ("He's just a friend") and breaking a counselling appointment to swan off on a date with that smarmy sleazeball at the fundraiser ("He's just a friend too") were never addressed and it can't be long before she gets restless again and this time goes all the way, if she hasn't already done so and we only have her unreliable testimony that she hasn't. I'm all for recon when it is warranted; I love a happy ending but it was absolutely not warranted in this case.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Well she got away with that pretty easily, that old ploy of deny deny deny works quite well especially with a moron for a husband.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

I lobe a happy ending but I don't see it for this family. She had too much tasting of the so called good life and will end up resenting her family for not being able to fully live it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bull Shit. Not a prayer in hell it will work.

RileyKingRileyKingover 1 year ago

No real resolution. 4 stars

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Rushed endings seem to be a trend on LW stories. I love a good gets back-up get her story, but come on; what caused her to change her mind? You don't go a few years of living a different, exciting, life and decide you can have both over night. Still a great story overall.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Another cream filled special for all the buttboys

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

Bottom line is she cheated, and got away with it.

Piss poor ending, well the cuckyboys here will jerk off to it.

But a shit story nonetheless...

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexover 1 year ago

I like this story, so I gave it 4 stars, but it could have been better. The ending was rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pompous bitch, should have dumped.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

This was complete garbage. I do not recall the last time that the comments re literally 100% negative. It is true this author writes wimpy male s. It is tru that this author does not understand men even slightly. But to produce something that literally torques everybody off in comments is a real accomplishment. Author should be so very proud. Maybe a new category of author work is needed, ones where the price of admission is to write wimpy male characters, and then try pass that off as something worth while. Oh, wait, we already have lots of cuck authors here. Guess works like this just serve to advance the cause.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author can write, but she either knows nothing about men, or she hates then. No man would accept the ending of this story. The wrote a story about a cheating whore, who disrespected and humiliated her husband twice on national TV with the same man. and then the author writes the husband would just roll over and take her back?

The author may need to change to writing about sports or travel since she cannot write a believable story that involves men and women. One star- 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just for the authors education. A MAN - not your usual characters - would not put up with the shit you allocate in your stories. Once again, a MAN would raise merry hell the first time there was a sniff of anything going on, especially the empty rooms and non return of calls. The mere suggestion of infidelity would set off a powder keg so just be advised that the weak and ongoing female protestations that permeate your offerings would not be accepted and in fact would never get a chance to be aired. Please exercise your writing talents in a more realistic manner.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the read. But, the ending was WAY to rushed. I felt like the author said enough and just finished it quickly hitting the important points and avoiding the substance. Don’t get me wrong… story +5 stars… ending -1. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ending way too short. Gah!

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Okay help me out here. I read your profile, you're claiming nightmares over two previous relationships. And yet you write cucky shit like this? And this ain't the only one. Who are you trying to bullshit?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Man….going so well….and then it ended in an eye blink. WTF?

.

Very strong 4**** gets an ave 3 *** for that terribly abrupt ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Slirp can write, but she doesn't understand men OR she just wants to humiliate them as much as possible. Few of the men she writes about have backbone or anything even approaching normal levels of self-esteem. She obviously favors the women, no matter their behavior, in all but a few of her stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a very good story but the ending was too easywith zero proof that it was more than words on her part. He should be in a very high trust BUT verify mode. She went on dates in NY, started drinking above her normal by far, dated other men and definitely went way past what would pass the wife test with being groped and kissed, admitted she was being pursued. I really don't see any proof of her waking up and being changed, She still writes, a lot, will have to go to NY a lot and will have to be seen and schmooze with publishers, editors, proofreaders etc. etc. etc. Nope, no happy ending for them just a slight delay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The nasty slut dated other men while she was in New York. It’s a fact that she also fucked those men. The sorry ass wimp cuck just takes her back and enjoys his cream pie.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryalmost 2 years ago

What the hell happened?

He goes,from divorce to reconciling in a paragraph? Think you missed a lot of details in there. As it stands, how it ended is BS and makes zero sense.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 2 years ago

CRAP!!! Another fucking Matt M.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Slirpuf,you have endless amount of never ending stories of stupid,naive and balless husbands. Your life experiences that provide for your stories are sure from a different world than mine.Never,NEVER would anybody I know would have put up with her or accepted her 'New' we for reconciliation. You insult men with your characters as husbands.

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 2 years ago

Yeah, no... She lasts maybe 60 days before everything is her, her and her again and Steve has her served & locked out. At least she'll have money to get a good lawyer and go all scorched earth..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed the full story until the end. I have to agree with several commenters on here except I will change it to people don't just suddenly change instead of it Just being women that don't change.

Yes, there are rare instances when someone might start to change really fast but again that's rare.

Anyway, good read but only 3⭐ on this one. Thanks for the stories😎

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just 1 question. Why the FUCK would he take her back after all the disrespect she's shown.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

lame! So many holes, so many excuses so many unexplained elements. Word, words and words without any real depth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nope, nope. BS, SUDDENLY at the very end of the story she radically changes and wants to be in the marriage and family again after a year and a half of dating/flirting/cheating... Why would he take her back? Love isn't enough and the story doesn't give us enough of a reason for him to take her back.

Thriller54Thriller54about 2 years ago

No consequences to your actions. May be part of the problem today.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

No….

The marriage would fail, no bones about it. Randy in the long is not going to change

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I stuck with it but hated it.very poor plot.other have said what I feel so I won’t repeat it.Thank you for the story but I didn’t like it at all

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

NIXROX - Why do you torture yourself and EVERYONE else reading stories by an author that you obviously don't care for. I'm beginning to think that your husbands grew weary of your bitching and kicked you to the curb. This is your only outlet left where you can vent.

Thank you Slirpuff, if your still out there we hope you are well.

somewhere east of Omaha

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 star for this story. This is just a hopeless, wishful FANTASY.

Once again, the time line between when a person just walks away from a couple relationship, either physically or mentally, in your stories is waaaay beyond normal. Three months - maybe - six months - no way in hell - it is just NOT happening in real life - so why should it happen in these FANTASY stories? To top it all off, after two years of neglect and misery - you make a RAAC suddenly appear out of nowhere in just two lines - is not logical, even for the most optimistic person. That point alone, made this story a resounding failure as far as I am concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Persevered with this story, thinking the MC would actually kick her out, but to go from where he was to letting her back home in one sentence, what was the author thinking, just think he jibbed out, that lost hime all the stars, very poor

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yep, shoulda kicked her ass to the curb. Let her have her money, her famous boyfriends, all the fame a successful author can get. Her kids will eventually forget her. Of course her husband and family have already written her off. Yeah, she should be very happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Most likely the tags are correct, only she did them "offscreen" with other guys in New York.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wait a minute, did I miss something? Going from"Shit I can't stand that bitches attitude" to "Damn when can you move back in" in two sentences is not the level of literary expertise I came to expect from this author... Shabby worksmanship is what it is.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 2 years ago

The ending was rushed as though the author got bored with the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nope. Doesn't come close. The most believable thing is a six year old girl writing a short story that needs to be typed up.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She was fucking guys in new York.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

What?!? I didn't see where anything changed...what did she do to deserve another chance? 18 mo of direspect and distain and after one short conversation all is forgiven? I guess that's how easy it is in the land of make believe😆

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Better

He his a better man than me.I would have dumped the selfish bitch.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

I dont see them lasting long term. She seemed like a changed person but not remorseful for the way she's been acting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

XD. So the wife in the story gets more and more selfish, openly dates another guy, forgets how old her children are and then... suddenly... she say "we" in a sentence and well, all is forgiven.

Author, next time instead of rushing the job to a reconciliation after building up such a nice ending with the husband and the babysitter, just ask yourself: is the effort I have put into this story worth being completely negated by the lack of effort in the last few paragrphs? Should I maybe add another page to the story simply so I can get the necessary character development to justify a reconciliation?

As it stands this story does NOT have an ending in my book but simply a few lines of a rambling drunk idiot at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

the wife is your typical self centered cunt. I wouldnt have taken her back,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

With all of the shit this wife was doing to her husband and kids...He should have given her thd divorce papers...If she really love him...that would have snapped her out of what she was doing sooner....No matter how you look at this story...She put herself and her job out in front of her husband and family...........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unsympathetic characters and the story arc from total unwillingness to compromise and cosy arrangement seems to happen by magic, certainly not through any gradual acceptance of the other's point of view.

She neglects her husband and children in pursuit of fame and fortune and he is happy to abandon his wife and deprive his children of a mother without having the balls to meet her face to face.

I think the husband wins the arsehole race by a short head.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Randy didn't just consistently cheat, she lied to, deceived, and disrespected Steve and her whole family... she never returned his phone calls and if I were him I would have demanded an answer for that... not just asked and accepted if she wouldn't answer... I would demand and if she had no rational expalanation we would be on divorce road. He waited and whined far to long, so much of it was his fault.

knoxhardknoxhardalmost 3 years ago

She cheated constantly. Whether she had sex or not.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 3 years ago

1* For writing a super wimpy cucky husband character who was a doormat for 18 months. The immediate divorce gives him full custody plus a percentage of her earnings for child support. Yes, she slept her way to the top like a whorish writer. I am glad this author doesn't write anymore.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58almost 3 years ago

I gave the story of 5. I just don't believe that she was not having sex with other people while she was in New York. She was alone she was by herself she was going out with hot guys she was letting some guy group around the dancefloor and kissing her I just believe she was having sexual people. I know the story and I appreciate that but I still think that what he did was magnanimous in allowed her to come back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nonsense ending, the characters just did a 180 without anything to support it.

Super rushed like the author just lost interest in the story.

Nothing was really fixed, there was no catharsis.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Can't help but feel like she got too much leeway. If that was a guy in her place, he'd probably have been curb-stomped and kicked out of the house way earlier in the game (and hosed in the divorce, of course). I know that reconciliation is probably best for them and the kids, but the story didn't make it feel natural. She just kept pushing and pushing, and finally got tired and stopped, and suddenly everything was alright with the world. Convenient, but not too convincing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous