All Comments on 'When We Were Married Ch. 05D'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 199 Comments
FaceForRadioFaceForRadio3 months ago

Love the series! Can’t wait to see where this all leads. I have not read all the comments for all of the chapters, so maybe someone beat me on these ideas:

1) Debbie is a professor, so probably a PhD, at least an MA and since they got married right out of college, she earned her degrees while married. Don’t tell me that she didn’t take time away from husband to pull THAT off ( night clssses, thesis and dissertation,etc.). The first episode says she is well published, so even if UNF gave her some office time, she still did a lot of work at home. Plus every paper must be presented at a conference, more than likely out of state, so Debbie must have been a real joy to live with every time a submission deadline was nearing! Bill might have even helped edit her work. So the image Debbie tries to portray of the housewife working her fingers to the bone, while hubby is late for dinner every night is bogus. At the time, she probably welcomed nights alone in order to do her own work. In all, the “you were married to your work” argument goes 50-50, maybe skewed a little bit toward Bill, but nothing approaching the neglect that Debbie won’t stop bitchingbabout. For her, every out of town conference allowed her to brush up on her flirting techniques (if we can accept her word that she never cheated.)

2) The question keeps being asked by Debbie, “Why do Inhate Bill so much?” My guess is that she went willingly into that gangbang at college and was looking forward to it. It got too rough so she was grateful that Bill broke it up. At the time, she looked on Bill as her hero, but in later years she is resentful that Bill broke up her party! Even after the nightmare experience of her aunt’s adult, I still think she wants to be the center of attention for a dozen or more BIG guys.

3) Never marry a woman taller than you (I know, I know there are lots of exceptions!!)

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Can't believe I'm still reading this. It really could have been half the length YET here I am still...

BTW - solid

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Page 2.....a lovely dichotomy of how Debbie and Bill respond to their partners. Delicious! BUT....dangerous.

Debbie runs to Clint, then uses and abuses him, in a false sense of revenge toward Bill. She wants her cake and eat it too. This isn't exactly healthy. Sad thing is that somehow, Clint recognizes this, but isn't offended, when anyone else would be. His manhood was just slashed.

Bill is having a somewhat healthy response at this point. IMHO, WAY to early for this (Only 6 months from breakup), considering the damage done in the divorce.

Page 7....Debbie walked into his office and went to hold him while talking to him. I can not see ANYONE holding another person OR him letting her hold him after such a nasty divorce, and then coming back to do this while there is still so much hurt. It has only been 6 months.

Then discussing the hubris that Debbie has by speaking to him about her cheating. Placing the blame on him, while attempting to minimize her own faults.

The words that Aunt Clarice said to Debbie, and Debbie believed, before Clarice's death sealed the fate of their marriage, even before Bill lost himself in his job. Nothing that Bill could have done would have changed that.

LaucaubinLaucaubin7 months ago

I love the story.

But, Man! You make a lot of grammatical and continuity errors - on every page...

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

Well, where will it all end? Thank you... I think.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Aline's departure and add to that Debbie's memories left me a sobbing mess.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Still a group of despicable characters. Two cheating sluts and a guy banging the wife of a friend after he knows what it’s like to be cheated on. The only non POS in the entire story is the triple D babe apparently not banging her boss.

What a depressing vision.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This story is a masterpiece. A roller coaster of emotional journey. Hope if someone is reading this comment please suggest some stories like this here on Literotica (probably a long story)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I really love this story and am glad it wasn't a short one. Hope there were more stories like this. Too good

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

When i started the first chapter i thought it was same old plane husband getting cheated and story but with each chapter i got to see some depth, real relationship issues. And with each chapter I'm reading I'm feeling Little sad that this story will end. This is going to be one my top fav story on Literotica. Just love ittt, and hope you will write some more outstanding stories in future

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Every time I think you can't make Debbie more selfish and down right evil, you prove me wrong. She shows up at his lowest moment and rehashes how he let her down? Are we really to believe the shit you're shoveling that she never cheated on him? Sorry, you may be the author, but the doesn't control how I'm reading. She's a narcissistic skank whore and always will be one. No telling how many guys she fucked around with behind his back, but her claim to have never done so is complete horse shit. Please let her end up face down in a ditch somewhere or kidnapped and sold as a whore to some cartel kingpin!

Lions86Lions86over 1 year ago

Debbie really is a fucking delusional cunt. How the hell does she figure Clarice was right? How exactly did Bill hurt her? The only person who hurt anyone was Debbie "the slut bag".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only women love like that?, lots of women here but not one doesn't want what they don't have. 42 is old?, never has been before...for a woman maybe.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Relationship issues all round. Yes, a few silly mistakes but don't let that get in the way of a great story. Tons of emotion from the main characters. And what of the big tits or lack of, this is Literotica after all.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
She

She took up with a man fourteen years younger than Bill,not ten.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Lots of stupid errors. The black cop didn't shoot the third brother with the throw down gun, he used his department issued gun. No lawyer would ever complain to a judge about a convicted felon being in prison garb at a sentencing hearing, that is just insulting to the judge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

O.K., You gave enough info on Aunt Clarice, the husband was indeed a cheating asshole (doesn't matter if he had the excuse of not being able to have children with clarice) I'll assume his excuse for leaving her was getting whatever she was pregnant, but before she leaves st her mind I get the feeling was a better, more faithful, far more giving wife than Debbie (just to add, he should have been a better husband to her and refused any offers from her of bringing anyone else into their marriage, though I assume it was his idea not hers) .

Now I need to know what was the hang up with lady lawyer and the reporter that had her saying no to his proposal of marriage, what was her problem?

Btrying2Btrying2almost 3 years ago

After reading comments from others I decided to add to my previous comments.

I agree with lisablissful, too much big tits women. The obsession with huge breasts is overwhelming to the story at times. Maybe it is because I never had this perceived male trait of longing for huge tits. My preference is perky mouthfuls. Titty tucking is overrated.

The insertion of Monroe and Hepburn after I had my vision of these characters was just not helpful. If the attitude angle had been more pronounced it might have worked better. Seeing them as the two famous actresses is a non darter for me. Though the story line is exceptional. .

Btrying2Btrying2almost 3 years ago

Oh my, the emotions you evoke in me with this story. They fill me, shake me, and make me sniff and exhale sharply, shudder, and darn it- make me cry. The characters are real to me. Though some of the scenes push my imagination reality level quite hard.

I have mostly refrained from commenting as I have moved from chapter to chapter but felt I should at this juncture for some reason.

They both have those deep seeded feelings for the other and seemingly ignore them when they are together. Both seem so afraid of losing their perceived superiority over the other, yet neither has a real platform on which to stand and gloat or complain or do anything meaningful. Until they find forgiveness by giving and receiving it their lives will remain shambles. UNLESS they find that love with another as Bill has almost (yes almost) found. As much as I liked them to be together, she really needs to return to her husband and remain faithful in the manner she had before Bill. She will regret their love sooner or later as she recalls what she had to give up for it.

I have been amazed by Bill's ability to engage in this adulterous affair, though I do understand it. I think your description of the conflict and tension has been good and very needed to explain and substantiate the character.

Well done. I am relived to know I found you and WWWM well after you created this engaging story. I would have been a basket case wanting to know what happened next.

Thank you

John

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

In real life, as it was with me, we don't really know how our own minds work. As in the story, their minds play tricks on them. Debbie hates her husband and what he becomes and dumps him in the toilet. Then she sees his make over and his love for another woman and now she wants him back. Is she a shallow cheating bitch? Well...............yeah, but she is really screwed up to and the author does well with portraying that. They were two opposites that do not attract and never should have married. Oh! I loved the scene when the family showed up to surprise him and Aline walked out nude, did she plan that? Great story.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 3 years ago

Another chapter in the Bill and Debbie soap opera. I’m confused about Clarice. Is she dead or is she alive? Bill’s fixation on big boobs continues unabated - with Debbie and Myra both thrusting them in the poor mans face. No wonder he is stressed. I will continue reading to the end because I have invested so much time in the saga so far, but it is hard going at times. 4 stars.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Yet

Yet another chapter that drags the story out.Only relevant part was his debate with his boss about the cop case.

jlg07jlg07about 3 years ago

Further proof that Debbie isn't a goid long term rekationshop person. She cheated for most of their married life allowing men to feel her up and feeling them up. She is an attention whore for other men, constantly needing their approval. Also, she didn't keep herself in shape for her husband, she did it so that she could get the ego kibbles from other men. Awful wife., i also hope he doesn't get with Aline. She is also is a poor long term partner. She LOVES her husband and son, yet chooses to leave them for 3/4 of every year. I hope you show Bill learning from these relationships to see the red flags so that he can have a good relationship with someone who won't cheat.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

What a God horrible bitch that Debbie is, she needs, honestly, to taken somewhere and just shot!!!!

She is the lowest of low cunts. I still hope she suffers, really suffers.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Still hate Debbie!!!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

the author has fleshed and depicted the characters well. Debbie is a self centered despicable human being. This the way she is depicted and there no excuses for her actions. The emotional cheating she did to Bill is almost worse than the physical cheating. One thing never brought up or rarely is the danger of killing a family member by cheating in the age of AIDS which is still a danger today. In real life how could anyone have any love left for what Debbie did to Bill? Yeah they have two kids but I would never talk to the woman again. If he ever had relations with her again I would be very disappointed with Bill. What do you say to a wife that says she wants to go out and screw around but can she come back to you if things don't work out??? That's what my first wife did 40 years ago. a couple years later I met married a woman who really loved for 40 years and then she passed away. She new I would go bald and we would both change a litttle but she married me anyway. True love ignores the physical appearance and loves the person inside, tis is real not fiction.

lancewmlancewmover 3 years ago
I generally agree with Lisablissful...

I agree, the story pulls at me emotionally, in many ways, with deep insights. And Debbie is certainly not a bad person. Yes, many problems, and the biggest—she and the author are obsessed with her big tits. I don't mind the author creating some gorgeous big breasted women, but it seems all women in this story are judged by their size, the bigger the better. Even Aline is compared, getting a pass, but still compared.

Debbie is sexually expressive, and it gets her into trouble, but she doesn't rise to the level of a slut who is passed from man to man with little self-control.

I certainly admire the author's technical ability to write well-fashioned sentences and paragraphs, but he yet fills the pages with way too many words that can slow the story to a snail’s pace. It sometimes gets so boring, I skim-read ahead to find where the story is again moving ahead. A major part of the art of writing is sizing the verbiage and selecting what to keep for sake of the overall story.

I didn’t mind the typos, name confusion, and the obvious story holes because the writer was turning out the chapters at a dizzyingly high pace, at least in the beginning. Overall, I’m still awarding 5s to each chapter and will stay with it until the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hepburn Vs Monroe

Now that I have the faces for the major characters in my mind it's not working for me. Debbie is Monroe and Aline is Hepburn while Bill is James Gandolfini WTF? I love to hate this story but I keep on reading it. A slut wife looking for redemption, a sissy husband full of self-pity he can't believe it even though hot women are pushing themselves to him and a classy French wife who is happy but really is not happy.

lisablissfullisablissfulabout 4 years ago
Still enjoying it

Great story, perhaps because I am a woman, it drags my heart strings one way and another. I. Suppose the only negative comments that I agree with are the authors obsession with big tits. I am bi, I love sex with another women, but I have never found an attraction for a big titted woman. My husband says the sexiest tits are those were the nipples point to the sky and I fully concur. I am still enjoying it so much, I still want them to get back together, Debbies certainly not a bad woman.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad

The continuation of the soap opera continues, seriously this is getting sadder and sadder. It does have moments of greatness but it's getting tedious with his melancholy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hit Home

You bring in the late great John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee who lives on the Busted Flush, Slip F18, Bahia Mar, Fort Lauderdamndale. I've read all twenty one books more times than I can count and most of the rest of his books. Salvage consultant, pale gray eyes the color of warm spit, a shining knight in tarnished armor. I grew up listening to Hank Williams (Luke the Drifter), Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton, Buddy Holly, Antoine "Fats" Domino, Chuck Berry and all of the rest. All great memories. We begin to see how Debbie starts to show she is at least a little, not a lot, but a little more than a cheating, selfish tramp. Then you rip Bill's and my hearts out bringing Aline back and this time she's leaving him, maybe forever. Shit. Let's see how you mend us back to life. Signed: BTW

NonSequitourNonSequitouralmost 5 years ago
More and more erratic

Offsite bios tell us the author is a former journalist. The last few chapters read like filler for column inches.,

Debbie's younger sister appears with the same name as her aunt.

After Tyrone drops by, the murder in the jail is discovered, and Bill looks in the direction Anthony headed. Who TF is Anthony?

Bill fucks Meagan and Heather in 18 hours, Aline shows up, then they are on the beach. Then they are in the condo, then BACK on the beach.

Through it all Debbie just becomes more and more a slut. I began to wish she would just be written getting run over by a bus.

The author's GBF(giant boob fetish) get's tedious. At no time in my life have I considered nipples that pointed 45 degrees down to be sexy. However the phrase "french titty" struck my funny bone.

Hint to readers: DON'T read Paul and Paula. Paul was the slim guy who broke Ernesto's(?) hand when Bill was busting Doug's face. As of 2019, there is still no continuation of the story.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 5 years ago
@Bebop3

Amen.

And BTW, I'm still waiting for Maitland to apologize to Charles Bingham's family and his lover for destroying their lives with his examination. Be Charles Bingham guilty of a mercy killing with side effects, or deliberate murder to marry his girlfriend, the collateral damage to his family deserves some recompense.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
Fucking great chapter

You made a 74 year old man get misty-misty-eyed with the separation of Aline.

The characters seem to get stronger as the story continues.

tangledweedtangledweedover 6 years ago
deja vu

They have had the same conversation multiple times now, where Debbie apologizes and then moves onto blaming Bill for everything. That horse is so beaten, the French could make cutlets out of it. Debbie consoling Bill after Aline leaves starts off sweetly, before descending into her own agenda again.

If Debbie was there for Bill, why would she be telling him about her indiscretions when he was at a low point? How could that possibly console him? The only positive thing it would accomplish is to make Debbie's conscience feel better. Meanwhile, her graphic admission would just be another shot at his manhood.

Bill keeps talking about the love they had and what he saw in Debbie, but after all these chapters, I haven't seen her display any behavior that would make her appear the slightest bit sympathetic.

Bebop3Bebop3over 6 years ago
A Thought

I realize that the writer will never read this, but something has been niggling in the back of my head about this story for quite a while and I finally realized what it was.

All of her barbs about getting flabby and out of shape and her attempts to use that to justify her actions, what would have been the impact if he had simply said "Debbie, do you honestly believe that I would have fallen out of love if it was you who put on the weight?"

peter944peter944over 6 years ago
Wow

You know how to write of unrequited love! Well done and very believable.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 6 years ago
Wow

Great writing and the point is it is very true to life. Nothing is cut and dried in this life.

I keep hoping he will let off that cop cause I don’t want to see his life more jacked up.

Thanks D. Great job :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Can It Be Any More Evident?

Clarice may be the primary reason for Debbie's actions, but by definition Debbie is and has been for a number of years, a worthless bitch. This is a long ass story to focus on a woman of absolutely no value. And she managed to drag down a good and honorable man as she descended into the pits of Hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really???

I can't believe where you are taking this story! You turn him into a wimp! She's a fucking slut! You won't let him let her go! BULL SHIT!!! Now all of a sudden he's talking to her and being nice about it! Fuck you!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"It's the reason why guys fall all over themselves to do whatever you ask." - Not to be repetitive, but this is the woman who couldn't get the guy who LOVED her to cut back his hours and hit the gym!

"But I know the bitch planned it" - How could she plan it? They didn't even know you were coming over!

"Just because we can't prove that any of the three Ropers bought or got the gun doesn't prove they didn't place it there." - If you want to use it to excuse a killing you'd BETTER be able to prove it? What about fingerprints? These guys were rednecks, I don't think they'd be sharp enough to wear gloves when handling the gun if it was theirs!

"better to be tried by 12 than carried to your grave by six." - Well, if the Gran Jury brings in the indictment that's what Shawn will get.

"You ungrateful son of a bitch. I gave you this office and let you play God for six years and this is how you repay me" - Yes, and that job helped cost him his marriage, so thanks a lot, and sorry if he does have the proper gratitude!

"I saved my pussy for you....when I let you have it. But I honestly got more out of my vibrator than I did from you." - Boy, I'll bet THAT makes him feel better!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

"Despite everything, I felt sorry for her. How people can shut off loving someone I've never understood." - It has nothing to do with turning off love; you can still have feelings for someone, without feeling sorry for them when they get their comeuppance!

"On his bed, which she'd already become familiar with" - It's been a while, so maybe I'm just forgetting, but I didn't think they had sex yet.

"He's got one woman. Why does it bother you so much?" - Because she's supposed to be "special", Bill's supposed to be alone, lonely and miserable without her!

"She doesn't have any tits, but what she's got looks good." - "She doesn't have ANY tits"? I can't remember her description, but I don't believe she's exactly flat-chested!

"Might be? MIGHT BE? Christ, no way will we get back together." - Clint wasn't talking about getting back together, just about dealing with her issues.

"Oh yeah, she died 20 years ago and you never re-married. Have you even been serious about another woman? Talk about being hung up on somebody." - Kind of a snotty thing to say to someone who has been nothing but kind and supportive to you!

"And I would treat your marriage with the same honor and fidelity that I know you have shown it." - And we all (including Philippe!) know how much fidelity Philippe has shown it!

"It was in the seat of the truck where Artie Roper was headed when Smith shot him." - First of all, Smith had no way to know that Roper was going to get a gun rather than run away, and even if he SOMEHOW did,he had his gun out already, if Roper reached into the truck and came out with the gun he could have shot him then.

"The NAACP and at least two other black groups are ready to go on the warpath about another black man railroaded by white southern justice if he isn't turned loose." - I'm as much, or even more of a liberal as the next guy, and God knows that blacks have been victimized plenty by the justice system, and not just southern white, either! But as I think it was Bill who said earlier, if the races were reversed they would be calling for the cop's hide!

"he had no way of knowing the guy wasn't going for a gun." - And he had no way of knowing he WAS, either! And when he found out he wasn't, he planted a gun on him! He COULD have pleaded instinct and fear and asked for mercy, instead he executed a running man by shooting him in the back!

Why not go to the Grand Jury? There's no guarantee that they will indict, even if they do there's no guarantee that he will be convicted.

Austin Re: Aline - Bill didn't seduce HER, if anything she seduced him, and yes, she's married to a sort of friend of Bill's, but they DO have an "arrangement". And if Austin DOES break up her marriage by exposing Aline and Bill to Philippe, that just frees her up to be with Bill!

"If you wanted her back, I'm betting you could get her." - What Austen doesn't realize, is that as much as Bill might still have some love for Debbie, he doesn't WANT her back!

"she looked down and spotted the errant pantyhose." - If she was wearing pantyhose there wouldn't be a "flash of flesh"; she has to be wearing stockings.

If Carroll was so mean and abusive, why did he change his will to leave her the bulk of his estate?

"he has not violated the rules of our marriage. I have." - I'm not entirely sure how she broke the rules. Having sex while at sea was certainly allowed, MAYBE getting emotionally involved wasn't,but surely they both knew that the possibility was there. As for the two weeks with Bill, that never would have happened if Philippe hadn't taken Andre away for part of what would have been Aline's time with them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Maybe hope

At least there is hope and a possibility that Aliene could return. Probably not going to happen but would really love to see her come back to him. Wish she could get her son and come back to be happy with Bill. Most authors here don't think that way but maybe this one could be different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
to Annon

It is a book available on Amazon. I don't know if it is just what is here or if it is longer and finished.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
you don't miss till it's gone

then it's too late

and regret your errors.

Dear Debbie,

It's too late.

Philippe,

one too many

It's too late.

moving on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Should Have Been A Published Novel

Superior plot and writing. The women who scarfed up "50 Shades of Grey" would buy this book.D1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This is a ...

... First class story, masterfully told. The heartbreak makes me cry, and if I had started reading this any more depressed than I already was I would be looking to blow my brains out from the pain.

I so hope there is a happy end to this story somewhere up ahead...

crock45crock45about 9 years ago
CUNT

She's "jealous" of Aline or any other woman NOT because she cares for him but because she's such a selfish cunt and doesn't want him to have any happiness. If he even considers going back to her, he deserves any and all the pain she can dish out. In fact, I give up on him already because he keeps excusing himself for his feelings about her and keeps slobbering (in his mind) about the loss of his marriage and acting like a wimp. He should just concentrate on Aline or some other fox, re-connect with his kids and extended family (and friends) and not waste his time thinking of by-gones and his slut wife! All it does is depress him and cause him to retreat from those who love him and he'll never heal that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is a very good writer, I can't believe he is on this site...

[for free], LOL... How can a person write so many different mini plots, multiple climaxes(lol), so dam many dam anti-climaxes into such a plain real life main plot. This is real life, complicated, like our own personal lives. Thanks for sharing your talent, 5s all the way....bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
low life

DANIEL, I'm writing this comment after only having read the first few paragraphs of the chaper. You have succeeded in painting Deb as anabsolutely discusting, vile piece of shit. You have her so absolutely discusting that there is really no way you can bring her back. If your ultimate plan is to get them back together , your Herculeam effort at writing this novel will fall on it's face. I surely hope you don't return Bill to that fate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wimp,s

wimp

shiosshiosalmost 12 years ago
i was lo0vely and it burned

u r a cruel cruel writer........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
awesome story but....

I am sorry but seriously you would prosecute any man for killing people that broke into his house with clubs in the middle of the night. Please don’t let your political views get involved in an awesome story. Seriously I don’t know of any prosecutor that would do something so foolish and if his bossed told him to drop it he would. Myra seems to logical conclusion to his love life at this time. His wife is a whore and the other woman is worried about her son and not ever being able to see him again. That’s just not going to happen unless her hubby is killed in France. Great story love it just leave the political bull shit out of it and how you feel as a person. There is no redeeming value in letting people who break into your house live…

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesabout 12 years ago
Never knew I was the Christian messiah

Until the anon from 03/2011 pointed this out to me, now I'm gonna go try to walk on water, be back in a couple.

Great story DQS but it's almost like the more you write about her the more I hate Debbie, she has no redeeming qualities and just seems like a bitch.

JeffTomJeffTomabout 12 years ago
I Don't Know

In some ways I would like to see them back together. BUT can he trust her? So in another way I don't want them back together. I want them together if they could live the rest of there lives loving each other. (no flirting). Thank you for this storie so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What a joke

Waste of words

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
all of you judgmental jerks have obviously never had a life.

you've spent your little lives in a jar on the back porch. People change, people grow, people make mistakes. If you've never cheated, lied or hurt someone, then judge. If you've never done any of that then you are Jesus Christ.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
pst on sol

or somewhere else,

unless you crazy abt number of comments

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years agoAuthor
Hang on

I realize some people have questions about the status of 6A. It took me a few days since last week to find an editor and it took the editor, who's credited in the new version, 2 to 3 days (maybe 4) to complete his edit. He found about 20 misspelled words and made some editing changes which improved the story and I appreciate his work. I re-submitted the chapter on - I believe- Monday 1/24 and so I hope it posts, if it posts, thursday 1/27 or friday 1/28. Normally I'd be pretty sure it would post, but quite honestly, at this point I have no idea what's going to happen. The editors at LIT have the right to post or refuse to post whatever they like, so I really don't have much I can say or do at this point. I hope to see it on here in a few days and I'm looking forward to getting reader reaction.

DQS1

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
So what is going on here?

It's been a week since the last screw up, what's happening or what's the followup?

ready2bgoneready2bgoneover 13 years ago
Love it

This series is the best I have read on Literotica. I'm not a grammar queen (heaven forbid I work with enough). Frankly I believe the purpose of language is to express an idea or concept. So... I really don't care about how grammatically correct something is written. I care about the story and the emotions and/or concepts it conveys. This series has been first rate any way you cut it. Keep up the excellent work DQS!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
somtimes it is not just spelling error

there are also other some rules, like one no more than 30 "non-alphabetic" characters with space.

ant lit people dont do it manually, it first goes through application.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The tale of the spelling glitch!!

The manuscript of an experienced author was rejected for posting because of spelling errors? If you believe this then you should seriously consider purchasing one of the ten acre lots for sale on the MOON.

Oh, I do believe that DQS1's manuscript was riddle with spelling errors. However, I do not believe these errors were an oversight. I do not believe that an authors who has published twenty chapters of an epic saga, each averaging 10-15,000 words, all of a sudden require an editor because of an inavbility to spell. A reader, commenting on a previous “update’ suggested DQS1 was intellectually dishonest; and I for one think this reader was correct.

SHAME ON YOU DQS1!!

lawrenclawrencover 13 years ago
Unbelievable

I can't understand how you got flagged about spelling in that many stories have a significant number of spelling errors. The annoying one is the use of "lead" for the past tense "to lead" when the past tense is "led."

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
update?

did you get an editor? these literotica people are always busy wanking fuck them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Become active, friend.

Harddaysknight, more please. I know you read these comments!

Sorry DQS! For not commenting on this chapter. There is lot more time for that. Isn't there?

Thanks you guys for spending your time like this, for you & others.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 13 years ago
Maybe you should use SOL too

have you thought about posting on SOL too?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What the hey?

I guess the Literotica folks have now become the "jack booted" Grammar police.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Love the stories, but no offense meant, there are a lot of grammatical errors. I have copied every story to a word document and have started making some corrections myself for a future read :D

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years agoAuthor
There's a glitch

My apologies to all. I had expected the latest installment 6A to post today but I just found out the site has rejected it - for spelling. Not sure what's happening, but as advised I'm going to find an editor and send it to them. That will take some time since the story is almost 30,000 words. As soon as I find out when it will be ready to post I'll put a note on it, but it's hard to figure out since I have no idea whats different about this chapter from the 20 previous stories and chapters I've posted with no problems. Once again, I apologize for the delays. Hope 6A will be ready to post in the near future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Who is gonna die?

Bill? Debbie? Both?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great serial, Cant wait for rest

Read the entire thing at one sitting. I'm impressed

BabyBoy100BabyBoy100over 13 years ago
Brilliant

The whole story is brilliant.. And I'm eagerly anticipating the new 1....Thanks for the update

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years agoAuthor
Update

Thought I'd drop a line to update anybody who checks on this kind of stuff. Just posted a 29,000 word, eight page Chapter 6A on Lit this afternoon - "Sometimes, Dying Is Easier." . If the timing goes as it usually does, the chapter should post by Wednesday, 1/19/11. I'm never quite sure what reader reaction will be, but this one is more of a puzzle. When readers see it, they'll understand this posting a little more. Hopefully most will enjoy it.

DQS1

classof69classof69over 13 years ago
WWWM bond

I have been married and divorced twice. My first wife and I separated in 1977, led very different lives and for 25 years lived in different parts of the country. For the past 7 or 8 years, we have lived close and shared holidays with each other.

Our respective families have merged and we spend all holidays together, even though she is currently married to a wonderful guy and i am very happy for her. The point is sharing love forms a bond that can't be ignored.

Although we never resumed our physical relationship, and i doubt either of us has ever been tempted to, I still love this woman as family! She is the only person i have ever loved more than myself and is proof that i am capable of loving to that extent!

Even without sexual desire, i feel complete around this woman and i would miss her if we ever moved away from each other.

Can Bill and Debbie ever make it work again? The answer is yes... as long as there was once love, a relationship is possible. It could never be the same as it once was but it is possible it could be rewarding if not better!

Just imagine if Bill realized Debbies new love was not based on hero worship or if Debbie realized Bill's new attraction was not based on her looks!

They only spent a third of their 20 years in bed. That means there is 13 years of shared life other than sex to be accounted for. Sex is the spice of life but a french fry without ketchup, is still food!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I'll wait for couple of days.

if there is no update, well, goodbye in advance.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
I said that I wouldn't be checking back but...

I said that I wouldn't be checking back for awhile in my earlier comment but this story is being referenced all across Lit in comments to other author's stories so much that you can't get away from it. It certainly speaks to the impact of DQS1 and his story here on Lit.

Even taking into account DQS1's other stories, I have resisted thinking that he was planning on a RAAC for WWWM for two reasons. One was that Debbie has never indicated that she has any current or lasting feelings for Bill except for anger, contempt, disrespect, disdain, disappointment and maybe even pity. Did I miss any adjective? She has never shown that she even likes the guy let alone loves him. Second, Debbie has been portrayed to be so un-likeable, so unsympathetic, so shallow, so self important, so arrogant and so selfish, that there is no way that Bill or any prospective suitor would want to be around her once they made it past her boobs. Yet, Bill has this undying love, tiring to the reader though it may be.

If you look at the confrontation scene at the end of this chapter between Debbie and Bill, it comes down to this. Debbie was upset because Bill was happy with another woman and Debbie didn't like it one bit. Hell, she hired a Private Investigator for crying out loud. She might as well have said, "I'm watching you Bill, I want you alone and beaten down. Forget this crap about finding someone else, you poor excuse for a man! Remember my emails you dumb shit. They were the truth. You just aren't much of a man and I am here to rub your nose in it." Okay, so that is a little harsh, but C'mon man. At least let Bill man up and tell her to get lost before he has to listen to her crap.

In any event, in DQS1's own comment to this chapter he reiterated that Debbie and Bill would continue to be the spine of the WWWM tale. I guess that there could be a chance that he could just follow their separate lives on dual paths within this story, letting them find happiness apart from each other. Not likely. Maybe it has never been. Now I am among the many who expect that the WWWM audience is going to get a reconciliation of epic proportions forced upon them. The RAAC's in Dreamwife, Separate Vacations and The Last Goodbye are going to be a walk in the park. Is there a big park in Jacksonville?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent work

One of the most interesting one in this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Update?

The readers of this masterpiece have been waiting for an update for 3 weeks. I thought you said that the writing process would be speeded up a bit. I am just kidding, I can wait. Excellent work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
with sincere thanks

Great work! I am so glad that you have continued [AND WILL ADD

TO] this story.

Orionman17Orionman17over 13 years ago
Wherever Bill's & Debbie's story goes . . .

. . .I will follow. Thank you DQS!. Truly Literotica's & Beyond the best story of 2010. And the best part is, I'm looking forward to continuation in 2011! 5star+ from Orionaman17

bartolobartoloover 13 years ago
I like the story outcome as posted just below mind (here) by Anon

I agree with Anon's statements but I think that what Doug told Debbie, namely, the Bill will never take her back, rings true. Debbie has gotten way WAY too much into herself. Every conservation she has, regardless of who it's with, is always about her past relationship with this man or that man - even though she's now 40 years old. For Debbie, from now on, it will be pretty much downhill.

I'd like to see Bill hookup with Myra, and there is a reasonably good chance that will happen. Myra understands what Bill's job is all about, and I really believe that since he will officially become the next Attorney General of Florida, Bill/Myra would be an ideal match up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Where do we go from here?

Lew's law partner Norm will meet an untimely fate due to a jealous

husband or boyfriend.

Bill will quit or be fired from his job as a State's Attorney.

Lew and Bill will become law partners.

Lew and Mona will reconcile.

Aline and Philippe will remain together.

What about Debbie and Bill?

Bill obviously still loves Debbie despite all she has done to him. Debbie is a very mixed up woman but she is making progress in straightening herself out. The one-on-one interactions between Bill and Debbie are

becoming more positive. In this chapter when Bill told her to get her big tits out of his office, Debbie responded by saying "that's more like the Bill Maitland that I lo.." Also as part of that scene, Debbie put her arms around Bill for the first time in months. Debbie realizes that Bill has accomplished a lot since they split-- he has become physically fit and has become attractive to women (like Aline, Myra, and Heather) and has

had an intense but brief relationship with Aline who totally demolished Debbie in their one meeting and outclassed her in attractiveness as well.

Debbie is slowly realizing that she never should have let Bill go and the frosting on the cake will happen when Bill leaves his State's Attorney job and goes back into private practice thereby removing one of the big problems she identified when they were married.

I think that Clint has been good for Debbie. He is an intelligent, thoughtful man who has helped her see and think about some of the issues she has. He even gets along with Bill. Remember that Clint has only a short term appointment as a Visiting Professor at UNF and he will be leaving Jacksonville shortly. If Debbie is telling the truth (I think she is) about only going out with and having sex with Clint at this time I think she will try to build on the small steps she has taken with Bill so far and see whether they can start over again. She is increasingly aware of what she lost and I don't think she wants to become a "total slut."

I think that's how the story will end-- in a hopeful state regarding the possibility of Debbie and Bill getting back together. As a symbol of this hope, Debbie will invite Bill to move back into their home and will buy a new marital bed to give them a fresh start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Update?

I thought in the new year we'll get updates soon enough?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Birchco

Great story! Couldn't stop reading!

kelly_kellykelly_kellyover 13 years ago
The 12th Annual Literotica Award Nominations (My Nominations...)

Most Influential Writer — DanielQSteele1 for When We Were Married.

Most Literary--Genre Transcending — When We Were Married.

*-*-*

I'd just like to say — THANK YOU to DQS for writing WWWM...It's been a remarkable journey.

~Kelly~

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Real life loving wife story.

Liz Hurley has apparently dumped Shane Warne after learning that the cricketer had sent sexual text messages to a married Australian woman.

An Australian man, Denis Angeleri, claims his wife, Adele, was wooed by Warne with a series of explicit texts, according to the News Of The World and The Sunday Mirror.

The pair had met when Warne called into her leather goods shop opposite his office at the Shane Warne Foundation in Melbourne.

According to the paper, they exchanged numbers and Warne began texting her, becoming progressively more suggestive. Adele grew worried and eventually told her husband, Denis, on December 3.

Warne had begged him to keep the matter secret for the sake of his family, however, Warne was "also clearly terrified Liz would discover his double-dealing".

"There weren't that many texts anyway," The News Of The World quoted Warne as telling Angeleri.

But the paper said Warne sent her more than 100 messages, while simultaneously cultivating his relationship with Hurley.

According to the paper, it was only a few days after his confrontation with Angeleri that Warne met up with Hurley in London.

Warne, now in Perth commentating on the Third Ashes Test for Channel Nine, hit social networking site Twitter to lament the latest saga.

"The journey of life is about riding the ups/downs," the Daily Telegraph quoted him as Tweeting.

"We all are childish, immature at times. It's about how you bounce back when things are tough."

On Friday night he tweeted: "4.45am here in Perth. Not really a wink of sleep. Tossed and turned all night, feeling extremely grumpy."

Hurley also wrote on Twitter to shut down reports she would spend time with Warne in Australia in the coming weeks.

And, in a further blow to Warne, she said she had no plans to divorce her estranged husband, Indian textile heir Arun Nayar any time soon.

"Bored now of silly speculations: no one is divorcing anyone yet, no one is fighting over money and I have no plans to go to Australia. Enough!" she wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Happy New Year

I'd like to wish everyone a very happy new year. Thank you all the authors of this site for the non-stop entertainment through out the year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I agree with Deckview

I don.t think anyone would disagreement that DQS1 is an exceptionally talented writer. Howevr, in my opinion, for a writer (not auther) to waste HER talent writing a SOAP OPERA which has absolutely no literary value or provide no unique insight into the human condition is a SIN OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.

Grow up, DQS1, and apply your extraordinary talents to a project that is worthy of it.

DeckviewDeckviewover 13 years ago
The technical writing talent is unmistakable, but as I have commented many times...

This is a soap opera that simply circles through plots and sub plots. It may be a sprawling long story as DQS likes to tell us, but that is not the problem. I love long novels and the amount of sprawl is not the problem either. I don't find a consistent theme and no major plot to ride to the finish. This is not a literary novel because the characters do not drive a consistent theme and they don't really learn anything important. It certainly is not a thriller with all the repetition and subplots that do not contribute to the story. The pace soooo sloooow. Sure, the majority of the scenes are interesting and I will finish reading this, but I am saddened that DQS is wasting his obvious writing talents on an incoherent overall story. This could have been a great story.

likeboblikebobover 13 years ago

Not the end of the story ? It should be, as long as you're dragging this out !

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Now she will have to settle with some Eurrpean

Because only they can understand her, not at least any Indian, if he is little bit of Indian he wont take her back, Indian cult very strict about adultery. Adulterous wife is always estranged by society, u wont believe me but in India it is matter of death and life, people don't let their kids near them, they are treated even worse than plague, you can only guess that they wont even marry a girl if they knew she not virgin. But europeonas are understanidng so she would have to find some european or some american sucker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
it reminds me of "Pain"

a story by snow_n_gentle, a star wife and husband with lack of communication and wife annouces her engagement with co-star, with out even telling her family, here liz made a statement to protect herself from being called adulteress, that she and her husband were already seperated, way before her fling. begging is not confirmed, if thats true then her statement was obviously false. well will make good story, and here Arun nayar already moved on, ofcourse he is super rich, afterall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

the anon below was talking about Hollywood actress and model Elizabeth Hurley. She is married to Arun Nayar,an Indian textile tycoon. She cheated on him with an Australian Cricket legend Shane Warne, who happens to be a first class philanderer. He was two timing her, and when she came to know about it, she was devastated. I have read that she is begging Arun Nayar to take her back; she tweeted on her twitter account that there will be no divorce, and there are no issues about money.

Literotica writers should take a note of their story, it is very interesting, it will make a good Loving Wife story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Europe and adultry?

where that came from? Are you talking about some European actress married to some Indian businessman and found cheating with some Australian Cricket? What can we say to all proud English speaking people.

Let me think....yes it was all indian buisnessman's fault he knew and whole world knows, then why did he marry to some english woman? well he deserved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Debbie was really rubbing in the salt

Instead of comforting her ex husband she goes for the throat. Just another reason that it will never make sense for them to ever get back together. It would be fun to read for someone to point out to Debbie that she is incredibly self centered, egotistical, and especially superficial.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
I really like 'easylivin's summation.

I know it's DQS1's story but as far as the cards falling 'easylivin' has summed it up perfectly in my book, far better than I could have done. That summation is so good I would happily read his/her ending to the story, assuming he/she has the talent to pull it off. That's not disparaging you easylivin - just a statement of fact.

However, it IS still DQS1's story and I look forward to more of this drama. I am enjoying the slings and arrows bit and it is a truly fascinating story.

I also, unlike many, enjoyed "Separate Vacations" and thought it a well thought-out tale with (admittedly) a truncated ending.

Please keep up this riveting and enervating story and eventually bring it to a memorable ending.

easylivineasylivinover 13 years ago
There will be no reconciliation this time.

Debbie is comforting Bill because she is realizing what he is, versus what she perceived him to be. She knows that her opinion of him was totally false and her consolation of him is as much an acknowlegement that she was unloving, self absorbed, and cruel. This almost is a wordless communication that she knows he is hurting over someone he loves, and that someone is not her and never will be again. This is really partly for her and some for him.

easylivineasylivinover 13 years ago
Love the progression!!!!

Bill is moving on and I believe he and Aline will eventually become a couple. He finally took off his wedding ring and replaced it. Debbie knows that she has lost him at this point and it is her turn to feel the utter loss that Bill felt at the beginning. This after she finally realizes that she never put any real effort into thoroughly knowing her ex-husband. While Debbie has learned alot about herself over the chapters, she still has some revelations ahead. I believe that they will start becoming quite a bit more distant from one another in the future and that the final talk about "when we were married" will come when events in their childrens' lives bring them together for an intimate moment of reminising. There will be love for their children, but they will realize that there is no longer any sembelence of love left between them, just memories and resignation that they were a mistake, but the children weren't.

Aline's husband will realize that they have their son, but their relationship cannot overcome the constant separation. Bill will try the deputy's case and that will lead to him leaving the SA's office. His new found freedom will allow him to spend the time with Aline that her current husband can't, or won't. This same separation from the SA's office will also distance Bill from Debbie because he will become a partner of Lew's and will take cases mostly outside the Jax area, due to his celebrity status.

All in all, a great study in missed opportunities, missed responsibilities, misplaced loyalties, and many bad decisions, along with functional immaturity.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous