Working Relationship Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dropping the phone back on it's cradle he looked at the ladies and said "Right, that's sorted that out, Peter is fine, and if you could get down to his office in about 15 minutes, he will tell you what he wants typing up. No problem about timekeeping, its OK."

Janet looked stunned, "But you have just asked him to take me on as his P.A, you didn't have to do that."

"You didn't have to make yourself late to help me either, and all I have done is tell him the truth. I know he needs an assistant. Goodness knows he has interviewed enough 'pretty girls' who I wouldn't have even considered. It was about time someone marked his card and told him that what he needed was someone who actually knew what they were doing. You have just proved you are cool in a crisis, you can think on your feet and you have been here long enough to know what goes on around here. I honestly think you would make a great assistant for him. I know he has this thing about punctuality, But that's not really too bad, is it? He is actually a nice bloke when you get to know him. Good luck with the interview, but I think when he looks at what I think is obvious, he will ask you to accept the position and join him."

"That was really nice of you David," said Sarah, "Not many people would have done that."

"Yes I know," he said with a grin, "A knight in shining armour, that's me. Now let's get you sorted out. It's a bit early for lunch but you need a strong cup of tea and something proper to eat, and I am not letting you out of my sight until I am sure you have completely recovered."

He picked up the phone again and dialled his boss. "James" he said, "It's David Branson here. Look I have had a bit of a crisis, Sarah has had some bad news and it hit her very hard. She needs a couple of hours. I am going with her to make sure she is all right, so I will be out of the office for a while. Is that all right? ......... Thank you, I am sure it is nothing, but she gave me a bit of a fright and I am making sure she is OK before I let her come back in ...... No, I will let you know if she needs to go home, at the moment we are just taking a very early, extended lunch break ...... Thanks, I will ring as soon as I am back or when I know what is happening ....... Yes, I will tell her you said that, and thanks."

Janet still had her arms around Sarah, whose head was resting on her shoulder. She was looking at David, with her mouth open, hardly believing how he was organising things around Sarah's needs. He looked at them and said, "I will get my jacket and then you are coming with me Sarah. There is a nice quiet place up the road where we can get you something to eat. They have a decent menu, not all greasy fry-ups, and you need to eat something. When you have eaten, either I will take you home, or we can come back here, but only if you feel up to it."

As soon as David disappeared into his office, Sarah stood up, still holding on to Janet, and said quietly, "I really am sorry for ...... you know. I didn't mean to ... well ... Thank you for being so nice about it."

Janet took a quick glance at David's office door, then whispered, "Nothing to apologise for, I wasn't just saying that, I really did like it. I know, it was just the shock coming out, but I wasn't joking, if ever you feel like doing it again, in different circumstances, when we haven't got an audience, give me a call."

Sarah looked into her eyes and knew she meant it. She hugged her, then she said, "I don't normally do things like that, and I am a bit surprised that ...... Well, ... I .. umm ...... I rather liked it too." She covered her face with her hands as if embarrassed. Janet smiled and hugged her, "It's all right, but even if you just want to talk, no strings attached, call me. You would be surprised at how many girls sometimes feel in need of some ... 'feminine company'. It doesn't make you, you know, 'what you are afraid of', but another woman understands better than any man does." She drew Sarah close and hugged her again, "Call me." She said, then she gently kissed her. This kiss lasted a little longer, their lips parted and for a second there was a touch of tongues, then Janet pulled back, just before David came back into the room.