All Comments on 'You Get What You Need 01'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
KimtacularKimtacularover 11 years ago
Oh wow!

I haven't read your other stories as you suggested, but I sure as hell am going to now! Being in an open relationship, this story really rings true for me. Beyond that, I like your concise, facts-driven style combined with your hot ideas for sex scenes. I love it when characters come to life with a few words! A very good read!

SamoaJohnSamoaJohnover 11 years ago
Welcome Back

I wasn't sure where you were going with this here, but this was a great start. I guess this is about college adventures of Jack you mentioned earlier. I see that Jack and Dana basically stayed Friends with Benefits. I think I wasn't expecting the lead of this story to be a woman and figured it would be a different guy or a male friend of Jack's but this was good. Sally's a good character and honestly so far I prefer her to Rebecca as well.

I got to be honest, this was one of your better stories. The Rebecca story and how all that concluded was just a big disappointment speaking honestly in addition to how Lake House Lessons and Dana's story ended. With the follow-ups I got the feeling like you had to change how things ended up because readers didn't like how your other stories ended. Which I understand, but I think doing in response the conclusion of how Jack and Dana did end up getting together after Rebecca got sick and died kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I think you were on the right track with Lake House Lessons until the end. Dana really was the guy for Jack and Jack was the guy for Dana the whole time. Sometimes the most popular girl in school CAN be a nice person and be the good girl and sometimes the best friend you've always liked isn't going to work out. That's the way I *THOUGHT* it was going. I didn't really want Jack to get with his best friend but then you actually did a great job of writing that relationship and how things ended up.

I think my other problem with the ending and the sequels was taking things so far into the future. The Lake House Lessons/Dana's Story/and this one are all clearly set in OUR present time or at least a contemporary time. I mean who knows what things will be like in 20-30 years from now and it just seems . . . ok I'm kind of rambling here, but generally I prefer when stories keep it in the present timeline and the here and now. I never particularly care for 20 year later epilogues. Maybe a few years but who knows what kind of tech we will have and how similar or different it will be compared to now, etc. I think it's just better to keep it in the present. Deal with things as they happen and all that.

Anyway looking forward to next installment of this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another JayDavid Gift

Your writing is so crisp and easy to read that I find myself fighting a tendency to take it for granted. But I suppose that just confirms your talent. Thank you again for a warm, enjoyable story well told. Again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
LAKE HOUSE

SORRY YOUR TIME LINE HAS GONE FOR A SIX.

What time is sally's class?

Rebecca has died at 55 how come all these folks are growing in 21st century with iPads etc?

pl change your editor as your style is excellent.

JayDavidJayDavidabout 11 years agoAuthor
Time line

I edit my own work. I'm not sure what your issues are with the time line, but feel free to be more specific. I will say that I have been purposefully vague about when these stories are set. Yes, there is modern technology, but I specifically did not write them to be set in the recent past, the present or the near future because I didn't want that to get in the way of the story. So, if there are anachronisms, I'm sorry, but I hope they don't detract from your enjoyment of the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous