All Comments on 'Poor Hunter'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Rushed ending per usual, but enjoyed the story

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Very good...

A very good story... humorous and well worth reading. Easily worth 5 stars.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

Obviously this tale was well researched. The best part is out hero's version of BTB was saying no to participating in his ex-whore er wife's book and movie deal. She went nowhere and achieved the life he always wanted.

Five Stars

SpykkeSpykkeover 9 years ago
was indeed a little rushed at the end

But an excellent read nevertheless

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
good story

After weeks of drek some quality writing from a good author. Thanks for sharing.

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
Made me smile

I agree with the previous poster that after so long without a good story (I counted only one since the 16th that rated four stars) this was a real treat.

Five stars. Easy.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
LIKE THE SONG THAT SAYS----RICHER BY FAR

a poor man contented with a satisfied mind. TK U MLJ LV NV

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Liked It

I enjoyed it but then I enjoyed Forrest Gump, too.

lickmydivinepussylickmydivinepussyover 9 years ago
thumbs up

loved the social comments and witticisms

RePhilRePhilover 9 years ago
BRILLIANT!!

It's must have been really hard to write those aspire parts! Thanks for a great and intertaining story.

wargameronewargameroneover 9 years ago
5 stars

Having a relative with this affliction and suffering a mild case myself, just ask my wife, I found this story to be very entertaining. Some of the hero's mannerisms and thought processes are very reflective. Good story. The final thought was very insightful. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice tale

nice tale with little sex in it, but still better than most of the tales on this sight

lately. swinging, wife swapping or sharing. gays chucks just are not for me

romance or cheating mates are the only tales that are most of the time any

good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it *****

At last a fun read. The author benefits by comparison to recent crap on this site. BTW in his last days Ludlum wrote some lighter almost James Bond type books, The Covert One series. One of the recurring characters is an "Aspie". Those books are fun reads. Five Stars on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5* And well worth the wait

Your depiction of the hero was perfect.

Matt Black UK.

grogers7grogers7over 9 years ago
5 stars

Entertaining, humorous, and educational. I grew up in the 50's with a boy whom we now know was an "Aspie". He was a misfit who strangely fit in. As boys we loved him and were entertained by his encyclopedic knowledge. All of us who still know him today celebrate his success, though he is still the misfit who fits in.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
An amusing story.

I have the feeling that you write down fifteen or twenty of your favorite jokes and then proceed to write a story around them.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Strong Story with BOTH Comedic, Social Overtones (and a few jabs at virtual media for good measure )

One very, varied box of chocolates of a story with a nervy choice for narrator to advocate author's views. I echo all previous compliments . Was the ending abrupt ? I guess a few story threads could have been more 'exhaustively' followed up on . But the characters had pretty much reaped what they sowed. You gotta quit at some point and its wise to leave readers wanting a bit more. Ergo full marks awarded. *****

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 9 years ago
How much is a story that

keeps a smile on my face every moment that I read it worth? I wish I could have given this special tale more than just a "5." Wonderful!

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
This is a very good story...Thank you

This is a very good story...It have all the ingredients, comedy, drama, action. You never refered it but your story made me remember Dustin Hoffman in ""Rain Man", but also Tom Hanks in "Forrest Gump". Both movies had those ingredients. Thank you for the story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sorry I just couldn't finish this mess.

I know it was supposed to be clever and witty. But it just didn't hold my interest. Even with his disability he just wasn't an interesting character. More like an annoying character. But that's the result of his being an aspie. It just never got off the ground.

Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Humor

This story was exceedingly funny. Thank you for a great effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I made it all the way through it.....Yes!!! I'll say that this was probably well written but damn it might have been the most frustrating story that I have ever read. I kinda think that was part of the point though so I must say well done!

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Excellent!

It's easy to see that you put a lot of time and effort -- and research -- into this story. The characters are all fully fleshed out, the dialog is engaging and often hilarious, and the plot moves along at a steady pace. Thanks for sharing your talent.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
excellent story

A well developed central figure with lots of interesting walk-ons. Your description of the protagonist has me wondering if I might be a colleague in affliction. No, I thought the story was quite amusing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

good story the bitch ended up losing

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I generally enjoy cpete stories.

He did not disappoint with this one. I agree with the previous comment re research. Either CP did lots of that or he made up a great deal of BS. If "all and any errors" are his.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
From Duna

Yes a lot of Nobel awarded scientists, first class inventors were Aspergers.

The most known Asperger is Steven Spielberg. Many Aspergers who knows their problem concentrat to deal with the human connection to mend their human connection.

BTW 5***** for a very humorouse my taste BTB story.............

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great!

One of the best I've read in quite some time.

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Utterly Hilarious in sections

I know a few people with Aspergers and the lack of social cues and emotions is quite sad sometimes.

This story reminded me of a time when I was in bed with a FWB woman who had aspergers (high functioning) and in a moment of lust I groaned out "I'm going to knock you up!" She actually stopped dead and started explaining to me that she was past menopause and that would be physically impossible. Too funny when you think about it after but it sure was a downer at that moment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thanks

Thoroughly enjoyed the read

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Best Line in Any Story of 2014...

Janet continued. "I have a loaded 12 gauge shotgun, 8 acres of land and a shovel. DO NOT screw with me, or the people I care about."

Great story! Thanks, cpete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

I don't give out a lot of five star votes, but I did for this one. I have a son with Aspergers. I couldn't help but see this story in my mind with Jim Parsons from "The Big Bang Theory" playing the part of Anthony!

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 9 years ago
I liked it a lot

but, I'm pretty sure a real aspi who had worked in finance and who knew the in's and outs of turning a dollar into nine, would be able to take $10 and turn it into a million in about a month. Not so much because he wanted the money, more because he would want the new wife to be comfortable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Delicious

Straight talking, straight forward, humorous, touching story. 5*

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 9 years ago
You totally quoted from Big, Bang Theory

I remember it was the slut thing. Anyway I loved this story, it was different and pretty original. Although it would've been better if somehow Dawn was properly revealed for the "ho" that she was.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
The Best Part

For me the best part is how so many of us stumble into a relationship that turns into a marriage that turns into a mess. I am a big fan of the dating sites that do extensive profiling to try to find a good match. We spend more time picking out our next car than choosing our spouse. We sort of accept that we get what we get when it comes to partners. Big mistake!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Well, it's certainly been a while...

... but I'd have to say that you are back with a bang. Good story.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
I'm sort of redundant

Good work Cpete, I really liked the one liners, and the asberg dialect. It's tough to do 'a voice' like that, and you did it well. Even Dawn was true to her presumed hippy love child roots.

Nobody said "Who the fuck knows what a flash bang looks like, or a hand grenade, for that matter, and if they did, who would take the chance it was what they thought it was?

Seems so obvious, or I missed it.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very well done, mostly.

Guess you needed Dawn to get all the money so you could do the money does not buy happiness thing. But since she abandoned the family, and given his logical mind and awareness that money provides opportunity for children's growth and education, I don't think it fits that he would give up money too easily. As far as getting full custody of the kids, he already indicated that Dawn could care less about the kids, so he would deduce that she would not even want joint custody; cramp her style too much. But that's OK, it was a fun story and we can be happy he ended up being a worthy father and husband with a worthy mate. I bet she really appreciated his sexual expertise too! Thank You for a great Christmas time story. Of course it so fits all the other legitimate religions that celebrate marriage and family. Mazel tov!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
My error

I meant I'm sort of redundant in that I liked it as did about everybody else.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Finally a great story on this site

Crete, I loved your story , and thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

At this time of the year I propose the following toast

"To Anthony the richest man in town" (Its a Wonderful Life)

IronDragonIronDragonover 9 years ago
cpete does it again!

Great sense of humor throughout, and just an awesomely fun feel-good tale! Outstanding job as usual, bud! I laughed out loud on more than one occasion. :D

Man, you need to write more often, but then so do I. LOL

5 Snickering Stars!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
Good story

Pretty original and a nice read. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Welcome Back

Well-written and original story. I see that it is your first this year. I hope it means you will be writing more in the near future.

Thank you.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 9 years ago
Witty and Breezy

Fun read. Your use of the Aspie mentality to crack dry jokes was just great.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 9 years ago
Well Done

Loved the dry humor. Little over the top with the story but a great overall read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Poor and Happy

However misleading, it is human nature -- especially where western values are concerned -- that equates wealth with happiness.This fine and very witty story exposes that myth. I also love the author's insight that no revenge can be the best revenge! This was a delightful read. I greatly appreciated what was probably a tremendous amount of research in creating the character of the protagonist. Well done author. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm an Asper myself

loved the story

cpetecpeteover 9 years agoAuthor
Toe to thumb

I have gotten a lot of emails that the toe to thumb transplant portion of the story was B.S.

Any fictional story has a lot of “creative license”, but a toe/thumb transplant is a legitimate medical procedure.

Lucky for many people, toe to thumb transplants for accident victims have become common since about 1972. Some places specialize in the procedure.

http://www.cpmc.org/advanced/microsurg/procedures/toe-to-thumb.html

Thanks for reading/commenting.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Fun Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks for writing

You are the best!

JackallsJackallsover 9 years ago
Not a good story

I was lured into reading this story by its high score. Reading left me with some disappointment. You'd better look for a good storyline, with some development of characters.

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
Great read and funny as hell.

I personally liked the "Those who live by the sword die by the people who don't" quote. I'm still laughing at that one.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
He may have been a poor hunter, but he was a great gatherer. Five stars.

I laughed out loud several times. What a great sense of humor you have. Excellent story in so many ways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!

I LOVED THIS STORY!!! HIS AFFINITY OF TELLING THE TRUTH WITH FACT HAD ME BENT OVER LAUGHING. GREAT STORY!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
YOU KNOW

I gave you a BIG FIVE STARS. I don`t give too many of these. This story was funny and good.

GentleVikingGentleVikingover 9 years ago
Spot on

You got his character spot on.

What a hoot

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The reason of the high average point!

Very interesting from the story:

"You are incorrect Dawn. According to a recent Gallup poll, having an extramarital affair is one of the most immoral things you can do. A survey of 1,535 American adults found that 91 percent considered infidelity to be morally wrong, a higher percentage than objected to human cloning, suicide, and polygamy. Only 9 percent think an affair can be okay. We accept divorce way better now, pre-marital sex is okay, and so is having babies out of wedlock, but about two dozen states still have criminal adultery provisions."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Erotica?

As this story shows, just because the characters have sex the story is not erotic. Is disfigurement and divorce erotic to some? This story is certainly well written, thoughtful and interesting, but should be in some category like "interesting but non-erotic and depressing."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Only this

@Anon to get rid of a cheating wife is erotic, because the ex husband gets possibilty (good oportunity) for a newer good woman mate/wife.The cuckolding give same humuliating wife day after day and not erotic at all for the majority men. But look at this story above 4.5 point here.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Absolutely ridiculous and...

I enjoyed every word.

No additional comments or complaints except to say we have what they call paleolithic bodies, but we are living in a post-paleolithic world, hence the obesity.

Have a five!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It comes as no surprise that...

this was the highest rated story in LW in the last few weeks.

Thanks so much Cpete!!!!

BTW, I had to read some of the one-liners out loud just to share some of the laughs with my wife.

Great Work!

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 9 years ago
Priceless!

Life doesn't always make sense, so a story about it doesn't have to make sense either.

FXR_RiderFXR_Riderover 9 years ago
Future Story?

I was married for 18 years. Before she became pregnant by another man. I do not not begrudge her having other lovers but I did not want to know. I suffered a serious lower back and neck injury. Due to my injuries I have endured from pain an instant "Soft On" . I was still working in a underground coal mine in the hunter valley in Australia. After 3 children I had a vasectomy but I did not know at the time we separated that she was pregnant but she told me that she had her womb scraped which is really what a abortion is. Our divorce took my Nissan Nivarra 4WD my 1340 Dyna Convertible my home that was left to me by my father before we married so as you can imagine I an still very pissed. I have found a love in a way with a sport. I started shooting handguns for my chosen sport because I can no longer play Golf. In Australia shooting handguns is a VERY serious thing. Sorry bud pissed again.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 9 years ago
Bery Witty...

A very well written and witty story.

Dubby49Dubby49over 9 years ago
Hilarious.

Thoroughly enjoyable. I hope the stats are right, because I will be quoting them.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

an interesting tale. Well written. Thanks for the offering.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 9 years ago
Very funny!

I enjoyed the story very much.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 9 years ago
Vapidous Lookatus!?

Sheesh! Good story. I gave it 5* because it got me laughing--especially at the end!!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
one liners are meant to be just that

but when they are thrown at you over and over and over again the joke wears thin. they become as annoying as the cliché upon which this story is based.

too much, too often, to still be funny.

it was funny the first 4 or 5 times. but eventually the object lesson you were trying to teach us was lost in the redundancy and repetition.

yes, aspers are a unique lot. yes, they have a singular viewpoint of society and the rules of common behaviour. but beating us over the head with the same trite "joke" again and again destroys the humour. in the end, the over repetition of the use of literal language demeans the purpose of the example.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I like it

5 starrs

VittorioDanielSaurezVittorioDanielSaurezabout 9 years ago
cumberbatch

For me, during the entire story, it was the voice of sherlock that was narrating. The face, the mannerism, it was like a real life version au of the tv detective.

5 stars.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Loved the humor!

Keep those zingers coming.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 9 years ago
Well written and entertaining

well written and entertaining can't ask for more since time is all it costs I would assume a comment for the author with 'constructive' thoughts is good.

I really enjoyed the humor of the story made it a better read.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading

h4751h4751about 9 years ago
Great story

Wonderful story and outstanding humor. More than 5 stars

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Loved it!

I really enjoyed the humor. Very entertaining, thank you

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

As I was reading this and had gotten to "Vapidous Lookatus", a reverse mortgage commercial starting showing.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Sweet!

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
Extremely entertaining handling of some really serious stuff.

Some pretty heady stuff surrounded by offbeat humour that made way for a fun read. It is quite impressive to see such serious human interest issues weaved with back-slapping tongue in cheek humor. Although, a person with Aspergers syndrome doesn't feel or sense emotion like those unafflicted, they nevertheless live a parallel universe under different rules.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not Quite

"The medium income of a law enforcement official is well within the mean of most wage earners."'. In most major cities, Patrolman, or street cops make from $50,000-$70,000 per year. Definately NOT in the range for most wage earners.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Excellent

One thing bothers me -

I know are divorce laws are crazy, and overly skewed in favor of the wife, but even with that, and a big-shot lawyer, I don't see how documented abandonment along with adultery gets the floor wiped with him.

He's not going to be able to BTB, but he's probably gonna get a fair deal, and certainly when she signs that book deal the settlement is going to be re-visited!

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Anthony doesn't have Asbergers

He's a Vulcan! People with Asbergers still have emotions,and Anthony seemed devoid of them!

My best friend has Asbergers, along with the quirkiest sense of humour ever! Yes, he is wired differently, and has no idea how to handle social situations, but that doesn't make him a robot. Anthony seems to be based upon 'Rainman', as you earlier mentioned, but the reality is that movies, and actors, are as far removed from reality as you can get. Being socially awkward and being able to give undivided attention to whatever catches your interest, (my buddy has taught himself to master the guitar, as well as building his own high end computers on the cheap), doesn't mean you turn into Mr. Spock! They have the exact SAME range of emotions, they just don't feel the need to have those emotions on constant display, or allow emotion to make their decisions.

Still an enjoyable story, told from a completely different point of view, which makes it stand out above most others on lit, so good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Oldies, but goodies

I laughed from start to finish. What a treat!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WATER SEEKS IT OWN LEVEL

as do people. TK U MLJ LV NV

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
Wonderful

I loved this story. It reminded me of a young lad I looked after in a care home many years ago. It made me question a lot of things we take as being acceptable but don't necessary make any sense! His questions and answers were so blunt and in your face. A good rendition of the problems encountered I thought.

herbie77herbie77over 8 years ago
Great story

Well written with an interesting plot ... At times extremely funny

Loved it ... Thanks ... 5/5

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Flash Bang

I don't see how it matters if it IS revealed that it was only a flash bang grenade.

The point is that at the time HE didn't KNOW that as far as he knew it was a deadly grenade and he acted heroically

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW

That is brilliant.

I think that I have known many people throughout my lifetime who have Vapidous Lookatus.

If it is not a real condition, it should be, because it certainly exists in a lot of society.

Thankyou.

PearDrop3PearDrop3about 8 years ago
Wonderful Story

Your story was wonderful and it was well written. 10 stars.....

virtualatheistvirtualatheistabout 8 years ago
A Flash Bang...

In an enclosed space like the vault would have done more than give the people inside earache. It could have caused serious injury and even death with the shockwave it is capable of.

When I first joined the army, I attended a safety brief where a flash bang was placed under a tin helmet. The explosion sent the helmet 250-300 feet in the air... They are not things to be underestimated or treated with anything less than the respect you would treat any ammunition.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This story was 80% funny and 20% stupid

So I gave it 4* . what's really funny is some retard on here wondering what 80% has to do with 4*.

avidfaavidfaalmost 8 years ago
Hilarious and wonderful

Second time reading this, and I liked it even more this time. You kept up the protagonist's persona consistently throughout, and it gave us a wonderful window into the absurdity of what most people just accept as normal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So-So.....3*'s

..

lovemyroselovemyroseover 7 years ago
Good story that had me smiling.

I like this story. My son has aspergers and the potrayal was dead on. The conversations and behaviors were entertaining having lived with it. The good guy wins. Good job. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not enough btb

Sounds like the wife was good for nothing slut who got away without any repercussions. Would have liked to see her with aids or something.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
#2 CRUSADERS OF THE COUNTRY UNITE

and those she hurts can unravel. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Second time through

A fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Sorry I couldn't grant 6 stars

I really laughted my Ass Off... What ever that means ! When reading about the pompous straying wife's paramour's questionabout who his father is ... Ha Ha

Shit. I'lll even put a bookmark to read again later !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Sorry I couldn't grant 6 stars... I forgot...

Even better when he sugested his mother has multiple partners... Ha Ha ! Ha ! Even before that the guy was stutering !!! Ha !

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous