All Comments on 'Shorts #01: Daisy's Choice'

by DawnJ

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Very nice - another chapter or two would give you a chance to flesh out some of the details of their lives that are only hinted at.

demure101demure101over 11 years ago
My sweet wildwood flower...

Worth waiting for!

JonTaylorJonTaylorover 11 years ago
Thank You

For sharing your gift with me. You write well, as good as any on this site, and your characters are real people. Well done. I have added you to my favorites and will read all of your stories.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
EACH GENERATIONS OF "HILL-BILLYS" HAVE THEIR OWN FETISH

for some it was Bluberrys, for some Walnuts, for some Mushrooms after the rain, for some it was Pick out Cigaretteres or Cars. Bottom line=the same, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Instead of adding new stories, FINISH stories like this, I wasted my time reading a story that you haven't added to in 5 years and now this? Come on!

DawnJDawnJalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Stories like this...

...are not meant to be finished. That is the point of my one-pagers. They are based on songs which are themselves "unfinished". Contrary to what you may imagine, I DO plan the "Shorts" -- that's why I call them "Shorts". Perhaps at some point in the future, I will finish one or more of them, but at the moment, I have no such plans.

As to the rest, I'm sorry you felt reading the unfinished work you read was a waste of time. It would have been nice, though, if you had chosen to step from behind the cover of anonymity to say this to me in person, so perhaps we could have had an actual conversation about the problem. Sadly, you prefer to throw barbs from behind a curtain, and neither of us is helped by it. Assuming, of course, that what you're after is to help me be a better writer...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked it. While some may feel the story was unfinished, it seems more like a snapshot in time. It is a "short story" not a novel.

I think some comments are anonymous because the commenter is not an author and doesn't have an account (like me). Others just a too chicken to make their comments in public.

In any event, when I first starting stories on Literotica, I was critical because of the lack of editing and common misspellings, etc. As I've read more stories and understand the particulars, I've learned to just ignore most errors. Occasionally, I will try e-mailing author's in hopes of getting some corrections made- don't know the process for editing / uploading new versions so haven't really followed up. The only errors that REALLY drive me nuts is when character's names get changed in the middle of the story or when a sentence is clearly referring to the wrong character.

In any event, This is a good, complete story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous