All Comments on 'You Can't Do That! Ch. 02'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 309 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
TOTAL ABJECT FAILURE

Up until this story everything this particular writer has written and I had given very high praise about. I like the way this author's Mind works and his particular style of writing . This one however is just a disaster.

When we learn early in chapter 2 that all of this had happened once before... And he still ended up marrying her ... my entire perspective about the story changed dramatically.

ALL of this had already happened to the husband once before.!!! Yet this pathetically stupid intellectually bankrupt weak willed man married this horrible woman. And how exactly did they get back together after being apart for several years? Shelia shook her ass gave him a BJ and once again suddenly catastrophic ally all is forgiven. Instead of being sympathetic towards the husband I was now laughing my ass off.

Keep in mind what she did way back then . Shelia did not fall out of love with the husband. She simply made of bullshit story .. Lied her ass off ...engaged in a massive deceit and started fucking a doctor.

Sound familiar?

One of the things that I really hate about the LW genre is it that invariably the ex wife or long separated wife reenters the husband's life at some point ...shakes her ass and he immediately loses his ability to control his cock . And suddenly they are fucking again and its a whole new relationship.

In particular JPB features this sort of plot development/ angle in over 75% of his stories. Not only is this appallingly sexist but it's degrading to men. I know most men think with the cocks. At times I think I'm the only straight man in America that does not.

But why is it impossible for these skilled writers like QHM1 to simply realize that given how badly the ex wife has behaved... How extreme... How deceptive... And the overwhelming sense of betrayal... that a hsuband says.. NO."

or No fucking way ..

or get the fuck out cunt .

The ending in my opinion is just well sad. The Husband is rich ...he is famous ..he is well known his no problem meeting and banging other women. The fact that he's always gonna have some sort of connection to this terrible woman doesn't mean he has to repeat the same mistake time after time after time after time..

Danger09Danger09about 11 years ago
No way

So if I'm to understand this correctly this wasn't her first affair with a doctor? She's done the "old I want to find myself routine" while they were dating ; when in reality when she finds another guy she dumps him & he takes her back--even worse --he married her! What a moron. I don't understand why he rewarded her for cheating on him--twice! the first reward was allowing her back into his life, the second time was paying her an obscene amount of money. Didn't have to burn the bitch but he didn't have to reward her either. I actually liked the first chapter I don't really care for the second. Why would he want to even establish a sexual relationship with her? How long has she been fucking the doctor? If she wasn't the doctors only slut wife who's to be sure her coochie isn't a breathing vessel of STD's? I think it was just stupid to take her back after the first time . I think it's tragic to keep her as a fuck buddy. I think it's ludicrous to pay her for ruining their farce of a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A good read

I have read a bit of your stuff and have come to expect a very high standard from you, though not work best work or as good as the first chapter which had me by the short and curlys, it was still a good read..... Thanks keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
YCDT

ENJOYED IT UNTIL THE END WHEN YOU BOUGHT IN THE WHORE, EVEN THE LAWYER WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN THAT WORTHLESS SHANK.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 11 years ago
Madening but lifelike

A well written story that was much too lifelike for this old BTB man. I was hooked from the beginning of Chapter one. I didn't like either of the main characters--her for being a cheating bitch and him for being too willing to overlook her actions. Having said that I have to admit this story was really lifelike. No real relationship is as black and white as we readers of Literotica would like to see the stories. Let's face it. We have all seen couples where one or the other of the couple cheats repeatedly and/or treats their spouse like crap. The injured spouse always comes back for more because they love the other one.

This author telegraphed his intentions for the whole story well in advance, near the middle of Chapter one in fact. My big complaint about the story is how well our heroic husband treated the wife in the divorce. I do believe, considering the deep pain and anger he was dealing with that he would not have been as generous in the settlement.

This was a realistic portrayal of ONE of the possible outcomes for this marriage. Well done. I look forward to more of your submissions.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Yet another well-crafted story

As I mentioned at the end of the first chapter. I would have seriously considered a divorce when she made him do the woodcarving in front of her. My reasoning would be that anyone who thinks that I would lie to her, must be a liar by nature.

Now I have to agree with another commentator that the back story changed our perspective on the protagonist. Once again his action in taking her back is incomprehensible. Marrying her is worse yet. But the worse part is that he actually let her play the same game on him again. He should have had the PI on her immediately. And when she shows up again at the minimum he should demand a monthly STD test before giving her fuck buddy status.

OK, I have ranted about the character and indirectly about the plot, but I have to say that the story was very well written and held my attention. Thus it certainly deserves five stars even though I thought the protagonist a fool! A good tale about a fool, is simply a good tale... I wonder if someone is going to call me a moron, instead of more accurately stating that I issued a moronic opinion...?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I did not think it possible

You wrote a horrible ending to a great beginning. I like reconciliation if it is well done. This sadly was not.

Very disappointed, extremely disappointed. She had two affairs, he gives her far far more than she deserved in the divorce, and is still seeing her.

W.....A.....C.....C

What a failure, qhm1, what a failure.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Two Names: Jean Harris, Dr. Herman Tartkower

If anyone doesn't remember their names, feel free to google. That is all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ruined It

The ending, just really screwed up a decent story!

I would have thought this was beneath you?

Thanks again.

kelchakelchaabout 11 years ago
Good Revenge Story

I get the feeling that she was not serious when she said she was not wife material. She was hoping for more than she had to settle for. She can't have what she wants, and there is always the chance that her ex will find someone whom he wants to make permanent. Really, isn't that enough revenge for anyone - a few decades of regret?

Really liked the way you wrote about how they met and especially where you placed it in the story. Allowed some mellowing of anger at her character.

Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5*'s

I see the wife beaters don't like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
a long way to go but worth it

No, I WAS dissapointed in the ending. I could smell the reconcilliation, and wanted it, but damn we never got to know her well enough to like her well enough to see why it would have been worth it for either of them. The very long back story in this chapter was like it was about someone else, not her. If there had been more revelation in the therapy sessions as to what brought her to the place where she had to do it again to him, we might have understood her better. All you let us see of her was the shadow of her tears, and you glossed over the babble when he finally gave her the "30 minutes". You showed us that she didn't respect him, probably never really loved him (you know with ALL her heart), and after decades of pain and indifference she realizes she was never marriage material? WELL FUCK THAT! What she was: was materialistic. He was a possesion to her that she wanted to control and lock away in a box to look at only when it suited her. Any time that was threatened, only then did she regret what she took for granted. Writing her this way IS interesting, but the fact that HE never learned to see that she did it even until the end (never changing or deviating from her patterns), by building the house at the lake, and looking for some element of control, that he willingly allowed her. That is what made the reconcilliation dissapointing for me. People make mistakes, and reading about them is interesting, but when no one learns from them, it just becomes frustrating. But, Q, you are a talent, and I have enjoyed most all of your work here. So thankyou!

JounarJounarabout 11 years ago
ending ruins the entire story

Way to much in chapter 2 just dosen't fit with what happens in chapter 1. The major fact of Sheila cheating in the exact same way with another doctor before the marriage needed to be brought up as the main character should of had alarm bells ringing when things first started to go south.

The reconciliation also dosen't gel and seem's very shoehorned in, not to mention the way everyone in his life seem's to know Sheila is a cheater but ignores his wishes to dump her and move on after the first and second time they split but keep pushing Roy to give her a third chance!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
qhml1

1st story you have written that this reader did not care for ( and apparently most of your other loyal readers did not either). Even the best writers fall on their face occasionally! Here's to hoping you don't trip again.

**CHEATING WIVES ARE THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE**

john1946john1946about 11 years ago
Good

Actually a fun story and I liked it.....Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
re: I know, you BTB guys are screaming in your heads...

It's not a binary, BTB or be a cuckold, situation. There is also parting and staying apart. The problem is you set up a pretty sound argument against having ANY relationship with her. The biggest part of that is writing it in first person from his POV. We know what he thinks and feels, and those thoughts and feelings are NOT of a person who would trust her ever again. You spent, what, 90% of the story doing everything to keep them apart, and you negated it without reason or logic.

kakashi524kakashi524about 11 years ago
You Can't Do That!

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
REALITY

TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. WIFE FUCKS UP, HUSBAND GET HIS POUND OF FLESH. BUT BE REAL GUYS THEY BOTH HURT AND HELPED TO HEAL THEMSELVES IN THE END. TRUE ITS NOT BTB ENDING BUT IT IS AN ENDING AND WE GET TO SEE THAT FUTURE.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing a very entertaining story.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Fun . . .

. . . and who can resist the naked lady doing her yoga stuff on the patio. Just think of the positions old Kama and his Sutra never thought of.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
She Killed Him

Lord Slam Dawg asked about Jean and the good doctor. He made the money on the Scarsdale Diet book (I think that's the one) and then his lady lover, Jean What's her name, did him in. That was years ago, I am surprised I still remember the headlines.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Story!!!

Really great story, Unfortunately Most of the readers haven't been married 30+ years.

You can't just turn off your emotions and love for another person you have so close to.

More stories like this would not bother me one bit. MJM, Kansas City

green117green117about 11 years ago
Hate to say I've sorta been there.

Another comment mostly on comments... I hate doing this, but...

First off, it most probably wasn't just the two occasions... "couldn't meet his eyes" is the telltale.

The first occasion "doesn't count" since she broke up with him, they weren't married... she at least was honest about her wanting to screw around.

As a story, I kinda liked it. My experience along these lines is that health professionals tend to have feelings of superiority, of entitlement. The nurse-girlfriend I finally (and gently) dumped insisted that the doctors she had her affairs with were safe, since they didn't have any diseases... I was not amused.

The sexual attraction of someone who is in their element, showing their authority through merit is not to be ignored... I've had the benefit of it myself at times. Doctors and nurses...

To the BTB crowd - you really don't see the revenge in this ending? She wants him but doesn't get him. She gets essentially what she gave him - a convenient fuck buddy, but no committment and no promise of a future. Here she is, moving to the middle of nowhere, building a house (admittedly largely with his money), and she gets to watch him on his dates with binoculars? And participate in booty calls on his whim?

He gets someone he liked and was attracted to, but at his beck and call. That threesome thing at the end was chilling to me...

Nah, this is a more subtle revenge story... the only moderating thing was her understanding that she really wasn't up for anything else.

The use of change of hair for signalling growth of character was interesting to me.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

A good ch 1 but what happened to ch 2?

Not a good wife but perhaps a better gf? What twak!!! The bitch cheater twice and how many times inbetween?

I'm shocked that you dare to throw this shit to us to read. I've come to expect quality from you and you throw this shit ch 2 for us to read. I'm surprised. Hell no: I'm so bloody angry!!! Next time QH__ continue with the Quality. It may not earn you many reviews but you will have some decency and pride. Don't try to churn out crap like SS06 : he started out great and he just lost the plot. I don't even bother to read anything he writes these days...but enough of the SS comparison! Just please continue with quality. Thanks

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
Unlike a lot of commenters...

...I liked the story. As one of the Anonymous siblings has already noted, infidelity is NOT a situation with a binary solution set. In real life, people make the best choices that they can, then have to live with the consequences of those choices.

Okay, so there was something in this story that vaguely resembled a reconciliation. Big deal. Happens all the time in real life. To me, the important question was whether the story was well-written and reasonably plausible. I thought it was both. It wasn't good enough for 5 stars, but I'll gladly give it 4.

And taken just as a story, it's way, way better than what passes for average on this site.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
Unlike a lot of commenters...

...I liked the story. As one of the Anonymous siblings has already noted, infidelity is NOT a situation with a binary solution set. In real life, people make the best choices that they can, then have to live with the consequences of those choices.

Okay, so there was something in this story that vaguely resembled a reconciliation. Big deal. Happens all the time in real life. To me, the important question was whether the story was well-written and reasonably plausible. I thought it was both. It wasn't good enough for 5 stars, but I'll gladly give it 4.

And taken just as a story, it's way, way better than what passes for average on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent story

It had that touch of reality coupled with a bit of fantasy. Well done, and good to read.

Thanks

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
what a loving family

who needs a divorce when the ex(s) who shafted the men of the family are part of every family function and live around all the time, however, good read and thanks for sharing

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Loved the writing, hated the last part - the whore was rewarded for being a serial cheating fucking whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
this story died at the end.

what a lousy ending, she stalks him , and he lets her back as a girfriend with benefits. after her adultrous behavour. to much for me , this is one of your worst endings from a good start..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
YCDT

please this is ridiculous. for a number of things.

the girl who loves gramps so much, sets him up ??

and then when he was strong enough to end the marriage she comes back and even tells him :

"Don't be. Like I said last night, we'll never be man and wife again. I'm not good wife material, it's a fact I had to face in my therapy. But I bet I'd make a pretty good girlfriend. One that would want her own place and privacy from time to time. I wouldn't even care if we were exclusive. I just want a place in your life again, and maybe in your heart. Think about it."

so what is to think about it ? she tells him straight forward: I WILL GO AND FUCK OTHERS AGAIN but I want to fuck you too.

every normal human beeing with an IQ over 40 who has separated from such a woman would stand up, go home, pack, sell the house and would not tell any friend or family (as they are no friends telling the generously compensated ex-wife where he lives to fuck his live up again) where he would go.

this is stalking and plain evil and has nothing to do with a happy end. this is absurd as somebody who wants a relationship, a real relationship at 62 does not search for the occasional fuck he rather goes without and has his peace than being remembered every fucking day that no one (friends and family) gave a shit about what he wants and as a result he has his lifelong torture within sight.

this is as bad as it gets. I do not even wish the author of this story so many manipulating assholes around him. But I hope you do think and reread your stories in the future and think if you like to end up like this poor bastard. again everything destroyed all the new friends he made , his new house, the trust towards his granddaughter.

how many times do you think a man can restart before he pulls the trigger ? I would have already severely pissed when she showed up at my birthdayparty I did not even wanted. I would have ended it immediately. I guess you have no clue about what you have written to make an end to this story.

Mousse9Mousse9about 11 years ago

Great start, bad end. Can't make much more of it than that.

I won't repeat what others have already said.

It must be pretty galling for Roy to know, KNOW, that Sheila must've cheated more than once during their marriage, and her never ever telling the truth. How many more times has she cheated, trying to "find herself"?

And yeah, I found the ending RAAC. Who knows what kind of diseases she has?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

You constantly improve your stories and you have become a pleasent read. This story was great and the ending was consistant with the story line. Great job. Keep writing.

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
Amazing..

you managed to piss off both the BTB and RAAC crowd!

For that alone I would give you a 5*. However that aside it was a fine tale and enjoyable read that held until the end.

Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I enjoyed it.

I can't say as I saw a point to a second chapter to this story, but I liked the way you wrapped it up, defying a lot of conventions and actively working to piss off the anti-cucks and the RAACs. Agreed with the other reader - you deserve five stars just for having the balls to deliberately antagonize the more obnoxious readers in this genre. These people, both groups, need to get way the fuck over themselves and stop trying to shoehorn every goddamn story into "well, the husband was/wasn't a wimp". Because that's not what makes a good story to anyone but THOSE readers.

I feel like Boston to Birmingham was a little too much of a ret-conning attempt to cater to readers who couldn't stand the fact that the husband was a more psychotic asshole than his wife, despite the fact that it was a better story for defying that convention in the first place, and "You can't do that" goes a long way to redeeming that.

As far as the story is concerned, you're fare is as entertaining as always - you seem to create deliberately flawed male leads who aren't necessarily that much better than their wives, and it makes it that much easier to stomach a reconciliation when it happens. After all, here was a guy that went out of his way to rub his wife's face in her mistakes every time she underestimated him, despite the fact that he made it very clear that he couldn't do EVERYTHING, like fix a computer. It's more than a little arrogant, and a lot antagonistic. He didn't exactly have a lot of moral high ground in their later arguing.

That's something I like in these stories - the sense of balance. There are authors, and I'm not knocking them for this, who write their male leads as if this person were a flawless diamond, perfect in every way. So much so that it makes the eventual cheating of the wife completely senseless, and any possibility of reconciliation stupid beyond redemption.

Keep up the balance, it makes the stories more enjoyable when you read about the successes and failures of normal people doing abnormal things. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really!!!!!

I really can't say much more than what most of the people are saying . Story was good til the end . But as the old saying goes . A stiff dick has no conscience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
just your everyday "I'm a Pussy story" were are beerman and hudogg when you need them

this bitch cheated for year, the kids probley belong to a doctor. The grand daughter is just like grandma. and he has to be the biggest pussy in the state. this crap was worth a 1, but I gave it a three...talented writer.....bullshit story but a good writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well, to satisfy you (author)

Yeah, he's a wimp and a cluck.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Hiyo silver ... Away

This story gives new meaning to that old western show. Our wronged hero made out okay, has lady friends wigh benefits and gets to bang his ex who got fitter.... So whats wrong with that RAAC & BTB fans? You' all maybe need to read less literotica and screw your spouse more. The endorphin release will make you less angry with our authors.

hoosier76hoosier76about 11 years ago

I enjoyed this very much, even liked the ending and I'm a BTB kind of guy. Do us all a favor and keep your stories coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I feel cheated

I feel cheated after reading this. The author tricked me, and not in a clever or good way. The problem is that in this second chapter, we find out that the EXACT same squence of events happened before, with the wife growing distant, wanting to find herself, cheating with a doctor, etc... If that is so, then the husband should have reacted completely differently in the first chapter. There's no way he couldn't have had some kind of deja vu, here were go again feeling which would have made him more wary and cautious. You know the saying "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." That's the exact situation here - the husband turns out to be a complete idiot for letting the exact same thing happen to him twice. The author used a typical trick of not revealing critical information until late in the story as some kind of a surprise. But that was a mistake, because we get to see what the husband was thinking all along, and so unless the husband is a total moron, that earlier incident would have come up well before it did in the story.

Author, if you're wondering why so many readers hate the ending, this is a big reason why. Plus, there are other things that stick in the craw. Like the brief revelation that she almost certainly cheated on him on many other occasions (when she couldn't look him in the eye), and that's just passed on like it's no big deal. If I were in his shoes, that would have been even more devastating that her second "finding herself" episode. With that, one might partially explain it away by saying that she was going through some kind of real midlife crisis. But no, it turns out she was just a cheater all along, turning the entire duration of their marriage into a sham.

oldcdawgoldcdawgabout 11 years ago
Great story right up to the end

I loved your story until the very end. I guess I am a BTB guy because that ending sucked. I am a big fan, keep them coming.

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

The usual good writing we have come to expect from you. A few minor typos, etc, but nothing to get excited about. Actually, I liked the ending, he can't stop her from living across the pond and he gets sex when he wants it. So long as he didn't marry her again all is well in the world he inhabits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I waited patiently.

I waited for the second chapter, expecting something different, and instead got another serving of the same thing. Then...the spineless husband, who could think only with his dick, became a "cuck with benefits", if there is such a thing. Worth about a *3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
makes him a three time loser

any one can be stupid and forgive someone once. Never twice, and you have to have suicidal tendencies to even look at the same trash a third time. I ditched a lot of women for less than what this one did the first time. Married my second wife when i was 56, we have two fine we are raising, First was born on my 60th birthday,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
dumb

ending sucked. But he deserved it, he already knew she was a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

piss poor ending 1*

terrydavidterrydavidabout 11 years ago
Got to agree with the "anon" - this wimp character is a "3-time loser".

However, the author did a great job with the story overall [as usual]. But yikes, isn't the pattern of this money-grubbing cum-slut apparent to the obvious cluck? She only keeps coming back for the endless meal ticket and unbelievably he never asks for a STD tests? That characteristic of the husband in this sordid drama makes it not-so-plausible.

pkmapkmaabout 11 years ago
I liked it.

Obviously I am not a BTB guy. I like the character development and real life. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Too bad

He should early on have developed the same clarity about her not being marriage material that she finally developed. I just don't get how she could be anything but a source of pain for him.

Myhands316Myhands316about 11 years ago
No fool like an old fool!

and Kelsie would be out on her ass to boot. Now we all know I'm not a BTB type of guy, but come on. She is a completly untrustworthy person. And although this seniero is more realistic than most, it still lacks common sense. In all honesty, what is he teaching Kelsie, other than how to be a maniplutive backstabbing cheater?

Having said all that, at least you have writen a good story that helped me relax and shut off my own brain for a little while.

Keep up the good work and keep writing

Myhands316

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 11 years ago
A very good storyline and a well written story

I like that he could have a relationship with his ex-wife Sheila, after all pussy is pussy and if she is a good fuck, why not.

He still has his girl friends, so I would think he has the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the very good read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Sir

You are an excellent writer. Your stories are polished and well thought out and come to a definitive conclusion. With that said, I can honestly say I have never been more disappointed with an ending as I am with this one. Usually I use different language and am very graphic with my words. But I will accord you the respect you've earned and not go in that direction. But I did only give you one star. I gave you that out of respect. This ending definitely needs a redux.

DO IT!

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
I liked it a lot

He does his thing, is happy, so be it. Sharp writing-as expected.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Everyone is Different

Everyone in this world has a different set of moral codes, ethics and beliefs. For many of the readers here fidelity, trust, and honor are very important. A cheating wife is the worst thing that could happen to these men. With good reason, a wife that will cheat on you sexually will also steal your money from you. She will take away your breeding rights and give them to another man who has not earned them. She will reduce your chances of survival and your chances at a genetic legacy. She is in fact the worst malefactor that could enter your life. She know's this and sneaks in like a spy, takes what she wants to and like a parasite feeds on her host until she is caught or dead. A man who has not learned this is a fool. To expose him self to a selfish con-artist is just plain stupid. People in these stories make a series of bad choices. These are self destructive choices. As the reader identifies with them the reader is pulled through a nightmare of pain and suffering that they would never tolerate in their own lives. Why torture yourself if there is no acceptable resolution for the protagonist?

mrchameleonmrchameleonabout 11 years ago
To put it simply....

...a very entertaining story!

dylan954dylan954about 11 years ago
vote

Would have lied to give it a higher vote but the ending wasn't to my liking. Nothing wrong with the story read really well just my personal preference. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
lets be honest...

fine fine writing.

oscar73oscar73about 11 years ago
You can do that

Good story funny ending.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
Surprise, surprise

I didn't think you could pull off wrapping this story up in two parts. In fact, I was already framing my anal ripping statements about the lack of ettiqutte in not telegraphing how many parts a story has.

Well, I guess you showed me!

I am not sure why he wants to be one in a number of men she is going to have in her life, but I'm sure she doesn't like her role either.

She earned it, he didn't.

I found it an engaging tale and I was checking regularly to see when you posted the next part.

So...have you sold anything yet?

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Entertaining

An interesting and entertaining story. I was not surprised Shelia got back with ex husband.

It seems he now has extra pussy and she for goes men even though they are friends with benefits.

We still not really sure why shelia would hook up with married doctors. As there is no commitment from them for her to build on !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Pretty weak effort for this writer

It is not the reconciliation that gets me so much as how it comes about. The hole series of events in the second story are forced and illogical. It was a poorly written fantasy. He is challenged by a vicious shrew of a wife so magically becomes a rich romance writer. She, when confronted with her cheating, not the secretive kind but the easily found out one where she actually moves out and dates her lover openly, she breaks down in pathetic mournful apology. She wants him back but he'll show here, he gives her WAY more than he was legally obligated. Then he starts dating her again. Meanwhile, she has done nothing to change or show that she is different other than move and make pathetic, meaningless apologies. This was a pretty stupid story because it is not remotely realistic. The author combines a simpering cuck and hardass and gets the worst of both.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
I feel like the counselor in this tale!

I really thought the first chapter had a lot of potential. I still believe that, but I felt betrayed when the FIRST episode of 'finding herself' was added (as a flashback) in this chapter! The readers did NOT know that VERY salient piece of history during the first read, but HUBBY surely DID. And that would have influenced his reaction to Sweetie's change in attitude and behavior. Hubby should have very quickly suspected a repeat of her earlier cheating pattern and taken different, more forceful actions, such as hiring a P.I. The potential was NOT realized.

It almost feels like Ch.2 was written after comments from Ch.1 came in, to justify a more drastic separation/divorce scenario. I doubt that is what happened, but it makes Hubby's Ch.1 firm (eventual) stand look, instead, silly and wimpy!

The 'stranger on the other shore' was one of the biggest 'non-surprises' in LIT this month! It is good they are not remarrying anytime soon...Hubby saves being pegged as a total wuss ... he only has to 'own up' to 'highly wimpy!'

I am going to change (some) - I am going to look at the story end, and NOT rate or comment until 'Finis' if the story is continued into subsequent chapter(s)!

The writing is, as usual, excellent - the 'word skills' editing falls short - the plot editing SUX swamp water! I HAVE to average my over-rating of Ch.1 and am torn between 3 and ...

4*

likeboblikebobabout 11 years ago

The first part was pretty good.The second part, unfortunately, was totally predictable.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 11 years ago
Once again, an excellent, though short, series.

I liked the story even though I usually prefer the BTB method. This was, all in all, fairly balanced. You manage to surprise and entertain me with different approaches and different genres. I thank you, author, for the pleasure your work has brought to this child of the middle fifties.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 11 years ago
Well written

But somehow unfulfilling.There are people like sheila,who are better as girlfriends than wives, but the problem is there is no real recinciliation.As good as sheila may be in bed, they still would need to be friends in some way,but she never takes that step,she never tells him the truth,that she loves him but has other issues.She necer connects with him and though.it is ovious she lives him,she never explains qhy sge,dud what sge did or,admit the hurt.

The end was weird,too. She tells him she isn't the marrying kind,but then she makes the statement that she is okay if they are non exclusive,then she says she wants to live seperately with privacy...then why even mention exclusivity? It is like she wants him to be exclusive while she isn't,but is willing to 'suffer'....

I know of people who were miserable married who are great as lovers,what this lacks is reconciliation,and sheila never does.He was too hurt by her to accept.even being friends with benefits...they both have feelings,sheila gets jealous,so this wouldnt work.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
Good story! 5*

Some people didn't like it. Oh. Too bad.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
it's like a 3.5 or 4 to me

I just don't agree with the idea that women can have reason that make sense to no one but them yet everybody makes excuses for them. Who cares what happened in her childhood or what the conselor said. Men have been hung out to dry for less. qhml1 can write but I wish it would have had a better divorce and ending.

DB71DB71about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for your story, I liked it. In my expirence with being cheated on, the cheater always had a reason for doing it. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else, but to them, there is a reason for it. When I have compared situations with othets who have been there, some have seen remorse from thier spouse, or regret, apologies, and/or pity. But I have noticed that every cheater has that I am the hero in my own story attitude. They had reason to do it, therefore they are not wrong. I have personally never seen a cheater admit they were wrong and mean it. It has always been about damage control. But that's my expirence.

QHML1 has written a very good story here. I have see something similar with my uncle. He and his first ex have an on/off relationship from time to time and he will never remarry again either. I am glad Roy didn't become bitter and spitefull. I've seen that happen too often.

So thank you Q! Please keep writing.

maninconnmaninconnabout 11 years ago
Nice job!

Thanks for your story!

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Our wonderful language

The English language we use is such a wonderfully ambiguous tool. A simple sentence can take so many directions. Context within a paragraph, within a conversation is a big driving influence, but even with a clear context ambiguity can linger. A number of folks have commented on this sentence: "I wouldn't even care if we were exclusive." Sheila said it. Many seem to think it implies exclusivity, or a requirement of fidelity on one side or another. In truth it can mean yes, we both should be faithful, or neither of us needs be faithful we can have other lovers, or any combination of the above from time to time.

Roy obviously interprets things one way and we don't know about Sheila. She isn't marriage material but she loves her man and her children and grand daughter.

"I wouldn't even care if we were exclusive." seems to cover things nicely.

JeffTomJeffTomabout 11 years ago
Good Story

Thank You for taking the time to writing this story for me/us. Almost seams like a romance. A good story to read. I wish it had not ended. BUT the ending was at a place.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Perhaps

I read the comments so I will not read the all story. I looked at the end.. However the story neither RAAC nor REVENGE. He uses her like a girlfriend. He has other women...........If he wants his own children he will send her away for the wife candidate. If he does not want children she will be the FIRST girlfriend. Only this, she is a free of charge escort girl for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well Done !

I don't often leave comments, takes a really good story to get me off my duff to bother posting. I liked the the more detailed character development. The hints were woven in well but twists weren't overdone, so we're not worn out at the end. Yet, the story did change directions some and tease a bit, so it held my interest. This was nicely done.

chrisr357chrisr357about 11 years ago
Well done!

You held my attention right to the end, and then made me smile at the last.

The interesting thing is that it is so close to the experiance of a number of my friends.

They can't be married any more but they become hot friends.

A good read....well done

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Sweet ending, but I truly can't see anyway he would actually get back with her. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story. A 5.

Well written, interesting characters, nicely developed, lots of emotional content.

Love the comments from the short-dicked, un/under-employed white trash that think women owe undying loyalty to their pudgy-gutted, balding, varicose-veined, flabby asses.

Sorry, little boys, there's a reason that 2/3's to 3/4's of all divorces are filed by women who have never cheated & who have no intent of ever remarrying. It's because you're so fucking worthless & sorry that they'd rather live alone than with your inadequate hygiene & pathetic sexual performance.

One of the best thing's about this story is that it elicited the following comment from hairyinvagina, to wit: "I know most men think with the[ir] cocks. At times I think I'm the only straight man in America that does not."

Amazing! Think how scary it would be if Harry DID think with that droopy two-incher as he waits anxiously for each morning's fresh batch of LW stories hoping for something that might cause a stirring in that numb appendage. But no, the LW writers have failed him again so he vents his permanent rage against them and women as he sits in the dark, all alone and unloved, his liver-spotted old claws rasping drily over his spit-speckled keyboard, spewing his hatred.

BTW, I write for a living. I have never written for Lit or any other online publisher--but I'm beginning to ponder taking it up. The possibilies of pissing off so many is tempting.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
If it works.

But I would have at least 2 different women over every week, even if we didn't have sex. Just to piss the cunt off.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
To look at the

@ Anon Great story. A 5.

If the lonely American (no alcoholic abuser, no drug abuser, no violance abuser, no serial cheater, no criminal, no gambling abuser, no ill) men look for mate only among American women only they deserve the loneliness. I agree you. In my published story my character looked for abroad and he became happier. However he did not look for wife among the Thai barlgirls.

I recommend this video from You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIvJms3wlaY

The video owner wrote the next to his video:

I was married to an American bitch for 18 years. She got away with fraud and turned my oldest daughter against me. Going through divorce in my mid 40's I decided to look for love in a country that was family oriented. I married a beautiful 18 yr old Filipina and now I feel young again and in love!!!

The video owner has a beautiful young daughter............

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
EXCELLENT

EXCELLENT, BUT IF YOU HAD HAD HIM FUCK HIS LAWYER, YOU SHOULD WRITE ANOTHER POST ABOUT HER , SHE SOUNDS LIKE A VERY GOOD PERSON TO WRITE ABOUT !!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So you didn't...

burn her down to the ground. I still don't think you should have been as generous as you were in the divorce. After all - she did it TWICE! And for picking up with her again? If you can live with yourself, fine. But just know - she'll do it a third time without giving you a second thought. It's proven history. Still a fun story to read.

rockthedogrockthedogabout 11 years ago
enjoyed Ch 1 much more

Ch 1 was your usual high standard, but it seemed as if you lost interest a bit in writing Ch 2. Thanks for this and all your other efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
You can't share a pussy and and write loving wives stories.

I have a problem with the protagonist knowing going back the same pussy that has been shared with other guys. There is something about that which makes the man slutty and shameless, and trivializes the righteous indignation that the wife cheated in the first place. If you are fine with second helpings of a shared pussy that should have been yours alone, then you shouldn't have a problem with a cheating wife. Seriously, if you are OK with sharing then don't complain, don't whine, don't file for divorce, STFU, don't pass GO, don't collect $200, and don't write slut wife stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Limp-Dick Disaster

I hope you are less of a nutless wonder than your protagonist. What a pussy! "You Can't Do That"? Should be "You Shouldn't Have Done This"! I won't waste my time with Pt. 3; I'm sure its just more cuck/wimp bullshit. Try taking your testosterone pills before you commit another word processor abortion.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
NOW ITS CHANGED TO

you shouldn't.....you better not... TK U MLJ LV NV

norcal62norcal62over 10 years ago
87 comments and everyone skipped over not keeping characters straight?

Sheila was not the lawyer; it was Becky. Fits in with the rest of the disparaging comments.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Yep Sheila was the ex all the way through I thought

But whatever - the story was - again - realistic - scary but realistic -

Let's see how it actually ends with Sheila's side - she is a skank but a loving one ????!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
waste of good time.

Your story hinted of more than two trysts over the years, partly verified by her lying eyes. So much pussy, so little time. Why waste further time on " the good time had by all ".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Lost interest,,,,

It simply got drug out to far, and I didn't like it.

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
How Could He????

How could this guy even think of being around the cheating slut. She left him for another twice with innuendos that there were more in between. Why would he want anything else to do with her? He was more than fair in the divorce and he should have moved on without her. An excellent story until the very ending. The guy was a Man all the way through the story but wimps out at the end when he takes up with her again. Fool me once, shame on you-fool me twice shame on me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Oh "HELL NO!"

Good story, right until he gave up WAY too much in the divorce and then allowed her to snake her way back into his life. You've obviously never been married to a cold hearted, evil, self centered, manipulative bitch. If you even BEGAN to have an inkling

of understanding about someone that liked to keep you close just to twist the knife into your heart you never would have had him let her near him again. It has nothing to do with BTB. It has everything to do with distancing yourself from pure evil. Sell the house and move to a different lake. Move to a new country. But never let her near you again. BAH!

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
About the money

His lawyer did a good job of keeping him focused on what it was he really wanted. The underlying issue in the marriage was the wife's lack of respect for her husband. Dropping that much money on her to end the marriage was ultimately his way of rubbing in the fact that he had succeeded where she thought he could not, and that the value of the money was a small price for him to pay to be rid of her.

Where the lawyer and I part company is when the wife reappeared like a fungus and she encouraged it instead of reminding him of why he had divorced her in the first place and recommending he seek a restraining order.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
You could see

from the first chapter that this was a reconciliation at any cost story. It wasn`t warranted. She cheated on him for the entire time they knew each other, all 30 odd years. And she treated him like shit for most of that. Then she found out how much money he had, and started showing a bit of respect, I wonder why? And the sad, lonely old man takes her back. Why? Simple fear.(Read my comment on chapter one)

Some stories deserve a reconciliation, but it has to be believable, and this wasn`t. She was always sorry, until the next time, and kept doing it. And he always took her back, because he was mentally weak and quite gullible.

Teenagers cheat and fool around, but they are kids, (and morons), but most grow up. By the time people reach the age of 20, they are who they will always be, and rarely change. If someone cheats when they are in their early twenties, then they have no morals, and will always cheat. Cut your losses, and move on, counting your blessings that you didn`t make the biggest mistake of your life! There are so many honest, loyal and faithful people out there, so why hitch your wagon to one that isn`t? Don`t be a coward, don`t settle, and have some Goddamn self-respect!

On rare occasions I do like a reconciliation tale, but as I said, it must be believable, there must be a good reason, there must be genuine remorse and there must be respect at all times! She had none.

Well written, as always, but I don`t agree with the outcome.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 10 years ago
Definitely don't agree with the big settlement.

After she fucked around on him so much, was a real bitch to live with for years. I don't care if he bangs her some later since she has firmed up etc. but never trust her and if she does not like it when he has other women in, fuck her, she agreed that it was OK. She can just stay on her side of the lake or whatever. A good read.

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013almost 10 years ago
Only rated a " 2 " could have been better.

The story was getting good then it became obvious that reconciliation was the end game here. To bad because it was a good story up to that point, but It was so apparent where the story was heading, that I just lost interest towards the end. I was not surprised by who the new neighbor was, this story is way to predictable to stay interesting.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
Why?

Why would you write a story about a guy intelligent enough to make it as an author and then right at the end make him stupider than hell? Any man with sense enough to pour piss out of a boot would know not to get within ten miles of such a bitch. Much as I enjoy your writing this one disappointed me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Trust

Fool me once, you know the saying.

Not sure why you wrote him in as an intelligent person for most the story.

Fool me once with hints that she fooled him a lot more than that.

BTB? It doesn't have to be BTB or sissy cuck there is an in between.

It's your novel but it seemed just plain lazy. Making protagonists smart throughout is something authors have a hard time doing because it's easier to make things happen if the characters miss things that are hitting them in the face.

markranemarkraneover 9 years ago
I Don't Get the Negative Waves

This is a fuckin' fictional story written by an alleged amateur author. He develops a story and really doesn't give two shits what you idiots think. BTB? Big fuckin' deal.

Really a good read. I get it. Life gives you lemons so you make Cadillac Margaritas. It doesn't always Burn The Bitch. And it doesn't always give you the clean ending you're hoping for. It's FUCKIN' FICTION! Enjoy the ride.

And "Q" always makes the ride interesting...Thank you dood. Please keep writing...

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Covered them all yet?

So fer we've had a BTB(itch): "Bang, Bang, Out Went the Lights."

We've had a reconcitiation/BTB(astard): "Enforcing The Pre-Nup."

A straight reconciliation: "Terrible Taste In Tees."

And now a semi-reconciliation. WHEW! You've seemed to have used up the Loving Wives category. Not to mention just about every other category except Incest/Taboo!

You should be getting plenty of practice toward that Great Amenican Novel! (grin)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8971 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES