$18.47

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But we didn't get you anything, Ben," Callie said.

"Yes you did. You gave me, well, you gave me both of you." Mary started to cry.

"Come on, open your presents." Mary took a tissue to dry her eyes.

"Mom, he got us phones."

"I can see."

"We can go to the Verizon store after we fix the tree so they can set up the phone and answer any questions you may have."

They both said, "Thanks."

They told Callie of the plans and they could see how excited she was.

"Oh, Mary, it's just not my parents who we will be having dinner with. My brother and sister and their family and kids, two who are Callie's age will be joining us. And we would stay at my other house."

Callie said, "That sounds like fun. You have another house?"

It was around 9 PM when Callie was ready to conk out. Mary walked her to her room. She came down a few minutes later finding Ben cleaning up, putting the dishes into the dishwasher. He started the machine.

"Come sit down."

He sat next to her. She moved in closer as he put his arm around her.

"I just remembered," Ben said. I threw your old clothes away. I checked. There was nothing in the pockets. I didn't think you wanted to keep them."

"I thought I'd keep them in case you asked for the new clothes back." Mary was laughing when she said that.

"That was my initial reaction when you shied away from the knish at Sam's."

Mary turned toward Ben and gave him a very passionate kiss. "I can't thank you enough for what you've done for Callie and me, even if your generosity lasts only a few more days."

She was afraid to continue so she said, "I'm off to bed. See you in the morning."

Ben aid, "Good night." Mary was stirring feelings in Ben, feelings that he had not felt in some time. Both were entering dangerous territory.

Callie was up early, waking her mom who in turn knocked on Ben's door. Callie yelled through the door, "Get up Ben. It's time to do the tree."

Ben shook the cobwebs from his brain and opened the door. "Please give me a minute so I can brush my teeth and make some coffee."

"I'll give you ten minutes," Callie said.

Ben and Mary started laughing. "Mary, you better start the coffee."

Mary took care of that along with placing muffins on the kitchen table.

Callie had lights in hand when Ben said, "I'm going to sit this one out for a while. I've never done this and I don't want to screw this up." He sat back on the couch and watched Mary and Callie do wonders placing the lights on the tree. Before they hung the ornaments they tested the lights to insure they all came on.

"Just beautiful," Ben said.

"Now for the ornaments," Callie said. "Come here Ben, it's not that hard to place

these things on the tree."

The three of them were having a great time getting the tree ready for Christmas. Calle said, "Mom and I got these especially for you to hang on the tree."

There were two ornaments that said Happy Hanukkah on them.

"This is the very best present anyone ever gave me," Ben said as he hung the two on the tree. It took about another hour to complete setting up the tree.

"Callie, it's time to turn on the lights. Why don't you do it," Ben said.

With the turn of a switch the tree lit up.

"Mom, it's beautiful."

"Yes it is. Thanks, Ben."

"Yes, thank you very much Ben." Callie went over and gave him a big hug.

Ben said, "I spoke to your mom, Callie, and she said it would be okay to go to Christmas dinner tomorrow night. For that, you are going to need something special to wear. You too, Mary."

"I guess you know where to go," Mary asked.

Ben just smiled. We can go to that store after you get dressed."

They went to Verizon first, getting their phones set up. They took two hours to get dresses for dinner. They did not allow Ben to see them. The slight alterations were done while they waited. Ben was kidding when he said, "You have any cash to pay for all of this?"

"I think I have $5 left."

"How did you know that was the cost of the dresses?" Ben was now laughing.

"Things are pretty cheap in Monticello, huh?"

They went home, had dinner and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" on TCM. Before Callie went to bed, Ben brought out a box for both Callie and Mary.

"Happy Hanukkah," Ben said. Both of them said, "Happy Hannukah" back to him.

"Mom, it's an IPad. I'm going to have to learn how to use this."

"Me too.

Callie gave Ben a hug and a kiss on his cheek. They both said "Thank you."

After Callie went to bed, Mary went over to Ben and gave him a very sensuous kiss. Ben held her close. They kissed again. They both wanted this to continue, but Mary was still hesitant.

"I need to go to bed," Mary said. "I know Callie will be up early looking for presents. But I couldn't buy anything for her."

"Are you sure about that?

"Ben Ross, what did you do?"

"Something that would make her happy."

"You have to stop doing this."

"Why?"

"If you keep doing these amazing things, taking care of us etc., I may force myself to fall in love with you." She kissed him again, then ran off to bed before he had a chance to respond.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

As predicted, Callie was up early the next morning. She woke her mom and was banging on Ben's door. Ben had prepared himself for this so he was already dressed. Snow was falling as the three of them gathered in the living room. There were presents under the tree. Ben handed boxes to Callie and Mary. On Callie's card it said from Mom. "Thank you so much, mom. Ben, look what Mom got me."

"Looks like a great computer."

"Someone's gonna have to teach me how to use it."

"We'll work on it. Don't you worry." Ben looked at Mary who started to tear up.

"I bought you something," Ben said to Callie.

Callie opened a large box filled with sweaters, jeans, sneakers and more. "Wow," said Callie. "Mom, take a look at what Ben gave me."

"That's plenty of clothes. Don't know where you're going to keep it."

Ben said, "I think we can find a place."

"Now for you, Mary. I haven't forgotten about you. After all, it's Christmas."

He gave her a box, similar in size to the one the held Callie's computer. She ripped the Hanukkah paper and it was the same computer that Callie received. "Happy Hanukkah," Ben said. "Well, it is still Hanukkah."

She moved over and gave him a kiss. "I'm not finished yet. He gave her a plain white envelope. "Merry Christmas." Ben gave her a kiss.

She could not believe her eyes when she opened the envelope. There was a check for $100,000. "I think you may need to open up a bank account," Ben joked. "We'll take care of it when we get to Scarsdale."

Mary could not control her crying. Callie went over to her mom and asked her if everything was alright. Mary said that "Things couldn't be better." Then she kissed her daughter.

She turned to Ben and asked, "Why?"

"Because you've made me so very happy. And also, in case you want to start off on your own. As I said, you will always be taken care of by me. You will never go back to living on the street."

Callie said, "We got you a Hanukkah present."

"You did. I can't wait to see it." She handed him a card.

He opened the envelope and on the front of the card were the words "Thank you." On the inside Callie and Mary printed their names. Nothing else was written.

Trying not to get emotional Ben said, "This was the best Hanukkah present I ever received. Thank you." Ben could not control his emotions as he began to weep. Mary went over to comfort him. She took him in her arms and stayed hugging him for a few minutes.

Callie said, "Ben, you don't like our present."

"On the contrary I love your present."

"But it's just a card."

"But it's a card from both you and your mom. It's a wonderful present that I'm going to place it next to the menorah."

"Callie, tomorrow we are going to my parent's house. Every year she makes a great Hanukkah dinner. I spoke to your mom and she thought it would be great. My brother and sister will be there with their kids. They each have two kids. My sister has two kids. Her daughter is your age and her brother is 16. My brother's son is 15 and his sister is 9. They are all great kids. You will have a great time with them. How does that sound?" Callie, "Then we will stay at my other house."

"To meet your family would be great."

"Mary, I have a few business calls to attend to. Why don't you and Callie take a walk around the property. Make some lunch and then relax. I should be finished by 2 PM. Reservations for dinner are at 6 PM. We need to leave at 5:15 PM."

Mary took the opportunity to do that. It was a lovely piece of land. She thought it would be better with some animals. Callie had the same thoughts. They came back to the house, found a few things in the fridge and made lunch. After lunch the watched a movie on Netflix. Ben came out at 2 PM and joined them on the bed. He was on the outside with Callie in the middle.

She started to say something. Ben was laughing and started tickling her. That went on for five minutes when Ben finally stopped and Callie gave him a big hug and would not let go.

"You need some animals on this farm."

"We'll work on it after the first of the year. How's that sound?"

"That sounds perfect."

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Mary and Callie excused themselves to get ready for dinner. Ben did the same. Ben put on a grey suit, blue button-down shirt sans tie, a black pair of fine Italian loafers. He waited for the girls in the living room.

Callie came down first. "Mom is still getting ready." Callie had her pony tail placed into a twist on top of her head. She wore a print, above the knee, dress with long sleeves. She wore stockings with red shoes. She looked like a young lady.

Ben was standing when Mary walked into the room. She was a vision of the prettiest, sexist lady he ever laid eyes on. She was wearing a black cocktail dress, almost illegally above the knees. It was beaded around the neck with ¾ length sleeves. She had on a sexy push up bra, making her 36D tits seem larger. She neglected to put on panties. She had on black 3" heels. She had added some makeup to the light pink lipstick. She had set her hair with a wave, keeping it at shoulder length.

"Both of you are so beautiful, but I think you are missing something."

"What could we possibly be missing from what we are wearing?," Mary asked.

Ben opened the first box and placed the gold cross around Callie's neck. He did the same with the cross for Mary. "They are beautiful," Mary said.

"Merry Christmas," Ben said.

Mary went to Ben and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. Callie gave him a kiss on his cheek.

They walked into the restaurant to be greeted by a large gingerbread house. The rooms were dressed in bright Christmas colors. They were shown to a very nice table. It was a buffet dinner so Mary explained to Callie that she could take her time choosing her food. She could go back as many times as she wanted.

They took their time feasting on the delicious food. Callie took Ben and Mary's word, going back numerous times, trying different food. While Callie was at the food station, Ben whispered to Mary that "Callie may be offered to stay at my parents' house with his nieces and nephews for three days. It's my parent's custom to take their grandchildren to Rockefeller Center, the Museum of Natural History and other interesting places for a few days. As I mentioned to you, I don't plan to go back to Monticello for a while, so you and Callie would have to pack your clothes if you are going to stay with me. I also have a smaller bag for Callie if she decides to stay at my parents' home. If it's okay with you!"

"Then what do you think we will do for the time alone in your Scarsdale house?" Mary gave him a cagy smile.

"I can think of many things, Ms. Feeney, things we can negotiate later, but I thought I would take you into New York City to see a Broadway show, take a walk by the giant Christmas tree or do whatever you want to do."

"I think that would work out just fine, Mr. Ross."

Callie came back with what looked like the biggest piece of cake she ever had. Topped with ice cream and whipped cream.

"I don't know if you have enough whipped cream," Ben laughed. Mary was trying to stifle, unsuccessfully, a laugh.

"Ben, I think it's just enough!" Even Callie was laughing. "This is the best Christmas I ever had."

"I'm so happy that you are happy," Ben said. Mary leaning over and kissed him again.

She was feeling what he started feeling. "How is this possible?," she thought.

When everyone was finished, Callie walked over to Ben, threw her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you for everything. You are so good to my mom and me." Wise beyond her years she asked, "Why have you been so good to us?"

"Because I can and because it looked like you guys needed a friend."

Ben paid the bill and by the time they arrived back home Callie was falling asleep. She said good night to Ben, giving him a kiss on his cheek. Mary told Ben that she is going to get Callie into bed and she's going to come back down.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

She got back to the living room in about ten minutes and sat down on the couch.

"Would you like a glass of wine,?" Ben asked.

"Nothing for me. Please come sit."

"Dinner and the company were great tonight," Mary said. "It's been a whirlwind past few days and I we've enjoyed every minute of it. I'm so looking forward to meeting your family tomorrow. I'm exhausted. What time are we leaving tomorrow?"

"First, I have to get someone to take care of taking the tree down while we are in Scarsdale. I'll tell them to box up the lights and ornaments. I figure we can leave here after breakfast, around 9:30 AM and go to my house. We can get you set up in the house and then we can take a walk around town, grab some lunch and then relax in the afternoon. My mom wants us there at 6 PM. Is that okay with you?"

She was now barefoot when he sat next to her and responded. "Sounds great. Can you tell me about your family?"

"Parents Mavis and Michael Ross. Mom was a high school math teacher. Retired as soon as she could. My dad is a scientist, working as an independent contractor. Mostly government contracts that he can't talk about or he'd have to kill you. I'm kidding. My brother, Paul is 3 years younger. He is one of the best real estate brokers in New York City. Rachel is a middle school Spanish teacher in Scarsdale. They have two kids, a boy Adam 15 and a girl Susie is 9. They live in Scarsdale, not too far from me. My sister is the youngest. Beth is 6 years younger than me. She is an orthopedic surgeon, actually a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. Her husband, Ari is a cardiac surgeon. They live in Mamaroneck, about 2o minutes from my parents. They have two kids, Caleb, 16 and a daughter Samantha, 13. That's about it."

"I'll need a scorecard to keep track."

Ben laughed. "It won't be that hard once you meet them."

"What are you going to tell them about me?"

"What about you?"

"It's the big white elephant in the room. A Jewish guy hooking up with an Irish Catholic girl."

"Would make a great movie," Ben laughed,

"I'm concerned about Callie and what your nieces and nephews think."

"Trust me. Let me talk to my mom and have her give the kids a heads up. They won't embarrass Callie. Just a second. I haven't told her about you, let alone Callie. I'll call her first thing in the morning."

"Thank you. I'm exhausted. I'll see you in the morning. Can you get some bagels, please?"

"I will get some bagels."

She went to Ben and kissed him and then kissed him again. She knew that she wanted to take this further, but not tonight.

"I love the way you kiss me, Ms. Feeney."

"I aim to make you happy. See you in the morning." She turned and went upstairs.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Ben loaded his car with Hanukkah presents and they were off to Scarsdale on time. Callie asked about the presents and Ben said that they were for his family. The family ritual is that after dinner everyone gathers in the den and presents are given out. Hanukkah is still going on for a few more nights.

They arrived at Ben's house in Scarsdale. It was a large center hall colonial spread across three acres of fenced land. Callie noticed the outdoor pool, closed due to it being December. As the entered the house, Ben pointed out the various rooms on the first floor and then showed them the bedrooms on the second floor. "I think your mom will need her own bedroom as I think you should have your own," Ben said. "Will this room do?"

"I guess it's okay. Can I jazz it up a bit?"

"Do anything you want." Callie smiled.

Ben showed Mary a room that was next to his.

"This is fine for me," Mary said with a smile.

"You will have time, when we get home after dinner, to put your stuff away." Ben gave them a quick tour, got them settled in when they decided to wait until the next day to walk around the town. They set up an appointment with the bank to set up an account for Mary. There was little snow on the ground and it was fifteen degrees warmer than in Monticello.

"Is it okay if we wear the Cross necklaces you gave us,?" Mary asked Ben.

"Of course it is."

Around 5:30 PM they left for Ben's parent's house.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Ben's sister, brother and their kids were already there. He greeted his mom and dad and introduced Mary and Callie. They were given hugs by his parents. In fact, everyone gave them a hug. His nieces and nephews went out of their way, not reluctantly by any means, to make Callie welcome.

After dinner and before they lit the Hanukkah candles the kids asked to be excused from the table. Ben's mom was about to start cleaning up the table when Mary asked her to please sit down.

"I know there's a big white elephant in the room, my being here."

Ben's mom said, "The important thing is that you're here with family."

"Please let me say what I want to say."

Ben was sitting next to her, reached out and held her hand. "Go ahead Mary," he said.

Mary took about ten minutes to tell Ben's family about her ordeal starting many years ago. When she finished, Ben's sister was in tears. So was his sister-in-law. Ben had tears flowing onto his cheeks. His mom was too stunned to say anything, but his father spoke for everyone. "Mary, I can see that you have given my son much joy and if I'm right, he has given you and Callie much joy. Am I right?"

She just nodded as her eyes were puffy from crying.

"You will always be part of our family. End of discussion."

The women went over to hug Mary. His sister said, "It has been so long since I've seen Ben as happy as he is right now. I saw it over dinner and it was obvious when you were talking. I think he loves you."

"I've known him for a week. How is it possible?"

"You'll know soon enough."

After a few minutes the family moved into the den where a few menorahs were set up and the presents were nearby. Prayers were said, candles were lit. Callie asked if she could light the candles. Ben's niece, Samantha showed Callie how it was to be done. The business of handing out presents to the kids and adults began. Ben was in charge of getting presents for the adults. For his parents, he, on behalf of his sister, brother and their spouses along with Mary, gave his parents tickets for every show on Broadway.

Ben gave his sister an Alaskan vacation and his brother a vacation to Antarctica. The kids, including Callie, received so many presents they couldn't remember who gave them what.