1x: The Rebounds and the Catch

Story Info
Childhood friends support each other after failed affairs.
9.3k words
4.66
3.7k
4

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 04/21/2024
Created 01/21/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Rebounds and the Catch

This is a stand alone story.

This story is fiction, and you are welcome to imagine the characters as you wish but all characters are 18 years old or older . Again: This story is fiction.

There is an intro, 'Who Am I?' and a concluding 'For those who like closure.' But you can skip those if you are in a hurry.

Who Am I?

My name is Juliet and I am twenty two and back in the town near the village I grew up in. I am a nurse in our local General Practice Doctor's surgery. My parents would love to have me living at home again, but a small one bedroom flat, or apartment as the landlord calls it, gives me the privacy for a social life. Oh, I have long red hair, above average height and a reasonable figure and weight.

Growing up in the village I was friends with Georgia since as long as I can remember as she was nearly the same age and lived just down the road. Similarly, my older brother Harry was friends with her brother Paul. We would often play as a group, hiking over the fields, having picnics, climbing trees, sometimes with other local children. I think our parents were happy that there were older boys to look after us, but typically, they were more likely to get stuck up a tree, or fall out of it, than us.

I never went through the 'icky boys' phase and looked at Paul as a surrogate second brother and we were fast friends. There was never anything romantic between us, the only thing being before a school disco where we both had first dates and confided to each other that we had never kissed. As a result we helped each other out with a bit of practice, but although it was nice, it had no zing.

Eventually we went to University, the brothers then the sisters, but met up at holidays, until Harry moved to Bristol and Georgia to Reading. That just left Paul who was a vet in a mixed practice based just outside of town on the same side as our home village. We kept in touch and knew about the trials, triumphs and tribulations of each other's dating lives, though I did share details of my love life with Georgia, and she me.

Now I never looked at Paul as a romantic interest, he was just too good a friend, and I knew that I wasn't the type of girl he was drawn to, busty blondes. I am not sure I have a type of man, but it turns out it is for lecherous flatterers with poor moral standards, who think 'nurse' is a synonym for nymphomaniac.

----

So, when we met up, it was usually as a shoulder to cry on about our latest failed love affair, when the blonde dumps him because he won't buy her a car, as vets are loaded, or the letch ghosts me because I won't 'do the sexy nurse with his friends', type of thing. Of course, it's either him or me that are having the breakdown so the listener, currently in a 'going so good' relationship, can't do more than pat the back and utter soothing words.

The Rebounds and the Catch

Early on Monday evening I have just finished dinner and know that I won't be seeing Eric until late as he is working. He is a personal trainer at the local gym and often has evening clients and business seems to be improving. I get a WhatsApp from a friend Mia, who I had known from school and who also works down the gym, with a clip showing Eric, not only snogging a client in the staff rest room, but with his hand down the front of her leggings and hers in his shorts.

I should have had my suspicions, as he seemed to be busier than normal, but no less penniless. I forwarded the clip to him with the message <'WE ARE SO FINISHED!'> And blocked his account. OK, I had been worried, but it was still a blow and my fantasies of him being Mr Right collapsed around me again. Time to contact my psychologist, aka Paul, and I was just in the middle of a text <Paul, guess who has been cheated on AGAIN. 😢Any chance of that shoulder again?>

I hesitated, I knew that he was in a deep relationship with Helena and was thinking about popping the question. She was clearly into him as she met him after work most days and liked to ride out with him when he was on call. She also seemed to have a downer on me calling him... So I didn't hit send, as I didn't want to rock the boat.

<PING>/Paul <Can we talk?>

I deleted my draft text, confused about why Paul wanted to speak. Had he heard about Eric? <Of course, shall I ring you?>

<Can you meet me?>

<Yes, at the Old Dog Pub?> It was our normal neutral territory.

<No, can you come to mine? I'm on call tonight.> That surprised me. What would Helena think? I nearly asked but thought better of it.

<Be there in fifteen!>

----

I turned up at Paul's house, a large four bed bungalow, and was surprised, but a little relived only to see his big Land Rover, a proper off road one that could cross fields to get to fallen livestock, he has even had a pregnant sheep in there once, and no sign of Helana's mini.

I knocked on the door and Paul opened it and immediately stepped out and hugged me like a man drowning, tears in his eyes. "She's left me! She said she didn't trust me! We rowed about working in mixed practice and I should just do pets! Just pets! People's lives don't rely on Pets!" He was sounding as much heartbroken as angry.

"We had better get inside, it's cold out here and I have bad news of my own."

"Oh, sorry, come in." With that, being the prefect gent, he ushered me in and closed the door behind me and then took my coat. Stifling a sob he said. "Take a seat in the lounge. Coffee?"

"Yes please." I went through to the lounge and decided to sit on the sofa, I think he would need me close to him and I needed him close to me.

He brought in the coffee and put it down, hesitated as if he should sit in the armchair, so I patted the seat beside me, he sat, and we hugged and we both broke into tears. After a few minutes, I became calmer, feeling the warmth of his body. I sniffed, and we broke our hug and looked at each other's tear-stained faces.

Paul reached for a tissue packet, he always seemed to have some in his pockets, took one out to wipe my tears. I took it from him and blew my nose and gave him a feeble smile, which he returned. Oh, the temptation to kiss him, I thought he was going to kiss me, when he lent forward, stroking a rouge strand of my hair. He did kiss me, but it was just the tip of my nose, but it sent a tingle though me.

He took a gulp of air. "Seems Helana was jealous of me talking to any woman our age, accused me of fliting with the people at work and then on the way back from Olivia's farm, where she had a problem with a foal, she accused me of having an affair and there was no foal!"

"What! Olivia, old man Jenkins daughter she's married with three kids and what ten years older!" I was amazed Helena could be so shallow.

"That's when she said if we were going to stay together I needed to stop being on call two nights a week, and switch to pets, or even just do that on-line thing! When I said that was never going to happen, and as a junior partner I had to do more on call, she sulked and then when we got home, she packed her things and left 'until I came to my senses'. We rowed the whole time, and she got me to delete her number from my phone, as if I can't remember it. I'll have to contact the jeweller and cancel the order."

"Oh! I'm so sorry, you must be heart broken." He just nodded.

He took a deep breath. "Sorry, I haven't asked you about your bad news."

I took out my phone and showed him the video clip of Eric and the other woman. He looked shocked and gave me a massive hug with his face over my shoulder. He whispered. "Oh, I'm so sorry, having a row and breakup over jealousy is nothing compared to being cheated on, you deserve so much better."

His voice in my ear, and breath on my neck sent my pulse racing. I wonder? "Could I have a kiss?" Did I just say that out loud? Paul pulled back, wide eyed, and held me by my shoulders. Oh God, I have just shocked him.

He moved his right hand from my jaw and stroked it. "You are so beautiful, the jerks who date you have never deserved you."He

"I could say the same about the gold diggers that have hit on you, pity I'm not a busty blonde, you might have gone for me."

"I could always have gone for you, I could never date a red-head as I would forget they were not you." And with that he leant in and gave me a kiss.

I returned the kiss, harder and deeper, our tongues meeting and swirling, my body was melting. I pulled back a little. "Paul, that was so much better than last time."

He just laughed. "I think we are older and wiser, but that was so good, I want another one." And so we had another one. This time our hands stroked up and down each other's back and when we separated we were breathless and my body was tingling.

Paul showed his practical side. "Coffee's going cold."

"Compared to that kiss, it's bound to be." And I smiled, reached for my drink and took a sip looking at Paul over the rim of the cup and wondering what he was thinking as he did the same back to me. Then something he said hit me. "When you said, you didn't date red heads because you thought you might think they were me. Does that mean you would date me?"

"In a flash, but I know I'm not your type, not sporty or one for the gym and lousy at complements."

I put my cup down and Paul did as well. I smiled and stroked his jaw. "Silly man, I might not like a beer belly, or string bean, but your job keeps you fit and when you said 'You are so beautiful' just then, that was the most flattering thing I have ever heard, because of who said it."

We leant towards each other and had another passionate kissing and fondling session, with Paul lightly touching by beasts and his thumbs nearly stroking my nipples which were standing up in anticipation. In return I moved my hands down to his tight butt and gave it a squeeze and a quick sweep across his lap confirmed a bulge. We broke off and I picked up my coffee again, as did Paul.

I gave a little cough. "Right, were do we go from here?" Will he want me in his bed? Is it too sudden? Would rebound sex ruin it all?

He rolled his eyes up, thinking. "Well, as much as I would very much like to go to the bedroom, I am on call until six this morning and have to get some sleep so I can get to the practice by nine. More importantly, I would hate to have to leave you mid-coitus to drive halfway across the county and I couldn't take you with me as I know you have to be at work."

Paul, was ever the practical man, and I respected him for it. I was also stunned that he would really want to have sex with me. "Very good points, although I would love feel I am cheating on Eric whilst he still thinks that I am in love with him."

"And me to have that affair with you that Helena thinks we were having, but we have plenty of time for that, fourteen days in my experience."

"Pardon?"

"It's a bit like a cooling off time when you take out a loan."

"Really?"

"As you know, I have had other break-ups and make-ups, but if they don't come back in two weeks, they never try to. Up till then, I think, they feel that we are still in a relationship."

"Oh! Oops, I think I have been guilty of that: and had it happen to me." I smiled and joked. "More like a Crawling Back Time. I wonder if it's actually period, as in the average time for a woman to know she isn't pregnant?"

"There's a thought, no risk with Eric I presume?"

"Not a chance, but I suppose I had better get a check that he's not given me another present - sorry if that's a dampener." And I frowned.

"Hey, gorgeous, not to me as it wouldn't be your fault, but we have time on our side. Talking of which, would you like to go to dinner on Thursday? I am on call on Friday."

"Oh, that would be nice? Old Dog?"

"Not telling, but have a nice dress on if you don't want to feel out of place. I'll pick you up at seven."

I actually stayed until nearly midnight, we chatted and cuddled and kissed and drank coffee, plus a bit, ok lot, of mutual touching up until Paul said. "Much more of that and I'll never get to sleep."

"How about I give you a blow job, I'm sure you are clean, it's me who had the cheating partner."

Bless him, his mouth dropped open. "You would really do that for me? Helena didn't really like it much."

"Oh, I would love too, gives me the chance to check out the merchandise." I said with a wink.

"But you'll will miss out."

"Oh, such a gent!" I chided. "But I have ways and means at home." I gave him a big wink. "Right, get those trousers off and I'll give you a night cap!"

Paul stood and dropped his trousers and I saw that there was a dark spot on the front of his boxers and I thought my panties would be much worse and I am sure he could catch the scent of my arousal. He then dropped his boxers and kicked off his clothes. My mouth dropped open, not to take him... yet... but at the sight of his cock and balls.

It was a beautiful example of male anatomy. Looking quite long and stout, straight and smooth with a large, slightly darker, glans standing proud of his foreskin. I patted the seat beside me and he sat as I then got on the floor between his knees and for the first time I put my right hand around his shaft and left hand on his balls, that had pulled up into a nice firm package. I just knew I needed to do this again, and often in the next fourteen days, it felt so right.

I flicked my tongue to pick up the drip of precum and tasted his nectar with a hum of pleasure. I was just about to wrap my lips around the head when Paul reached down and pulled off my top, forcing me to let go of him, and then released my bra and took that off. "There, that's better I can see your breasts and they are delightful." And with that he caressed them and flicked my nipples. So he is a breast man, I hope C cups don't disappoint.

However, that meant that I had to sort out my arms to get back to holding his cock and balls, let alone get it in my mouth. I broke off. "Nice as your hands on me are, just sit back and enjoy." Which he did, well the enjoy was up to me, but I consider I am quite good at giving head.

As Paul has a foreskin, I was wanking that up and down without making my hand wet. I initially kept my mouth still, relying on the swirling of my tongue, sucking and flexing my lips. Then I broke off and ran a long lick along the underside of his shaft from his tight balls up to the tip, whilst looking into his eyes.

He ran his fingers through my hair, massaging my scalp. "Oh I love your hair, and what you are doing to my dong!"

With no more delay, I swallowed his cock, or dong as he had just jokingly called it and worked my mouth and hand back and forth at increased pace, using my tongue as well as massaging his balls and soon Paul was moaning. "Oh, I am going to come, I can come on your tits if you don't want to swallow!"

I just kept going, I wanted a taste of his cum to wash away the memory of Eric's over salty offering. "Oh! Juliet! I can't hold it... Ahhh!" And with that he shot his first load into my mouth. I moved my head back to create more room but played my tongue on the sensitive web below the glans of his cock, and I savoured, indeed enjoyed his taste, more umami, less salty, I wanted more, and I got it, draining every last drop he could give me.

As I broke off, Paul pulled me up, gave me a deep kiss and then dropped his head to suck first one nipple and then the other whilst nicely massaging my girls. It was feeling so good, I would have readily gone further, but worries about Eric's activities put a dampener on that. "Enough, enough, you are too good at that! I had better go it I'm to get my beauty sleep and you a nap in case you are called again."

With that I picked up my top and pulled it on, the bra could wait, and eventually, several kisses later, made it out of the door and headed home feeling much better than when I arrived. I wondered about the meal invite, but at least it hinted that Paul thought we could move on from childhood friends and I really liked him, deep down. I could envisage being with him full time, but nice as that thought was, I didn't want to get silly about it, this was just a two week fling.

Back home, I got ready for bed and relieved my tensions with my favourite vibrator, my mind filled with Paul's face and my imagination that it was his nick cock, dong, pumping in and out of my pussy. As I came, I squeezed my left breast, pinching the nipple, imagining Paul doing it and licked my lips, recalling his kisses. I soon drifted to sleep and the next I knew my alarm was going off.

During a gap in work, I got an appointment at the local sexual health clinic for later in the day and was promised the results by text by Thursday.

----

Thursday evening, I dressed in my sexiest underwear, including suspenders and stockings that a former lover had bought me, before suggesting that I wear it for a four way with his mates. He got irate when I told him that was NEVER going to happen and he lost the plot saying, "WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WORTH DATING A NURSE UNLESS THEY ARE A NYMPHO!" As he was holding me by the arms and squeezing me enough to leave marks - I left in a hurry, but it wasn't till I was in my car I noticed I was still holding the lingerie box. I nearly binned it, but it was too nice to waste.

Anyway, moving on and to have my revenge on the jerk, I was wearing them now, along with a short body-hugging dress that showed plenty of cleavage and had enough of a pattern to prevent my underwear being too clearly seen. The length meant that there were occasional glimpses of stocking top. I am sure Paul would be turned on as I hoped this would take more than just a single night of passion to get our own back on Eric and Helena, he did say we had fourteen days, ok ten now, but still time for another hook up or three. Oh, and I had good news from the clinic, but I put the condoms I had bought in my handbag in case Paul wanted to be cautious.

I looked at my watch, six fifty, I had butterflies like a schoolgirl on a first date. I was so nervous I kept twitching my hemline and checking my makeup, nearly deciding to lose the ponytail, change out of my six inch red heels to four inch black and also loose the necklace and earrings, when the doorbell rang. I went to the door and stood with my hand on the latch, too frightened to open the door in case it was Eric.

The bell rang again, and I instinctively opened the door and there was Paul, and didn't he scrub up well. Nice suit and tie, big smile and he seemed to freeze, except his eyes, as his eyes scanned me from my face down to my toes, his smile turning into a quiet 'wow'. He brought his left arm from behind his back holding a single red rose in a bouquet of those little white ones.

"A rose for my gorgeously beautiful partner." I grabbed him by the lapel and pulled him in for a deep kiss. I took the bouquet off him, ran in doors to put it in the sink and grab my handbag and then out again, locking the door, and heading to his car. With my heels and the height of the car, it has a little pop out running board, Paul had to help me get up and I felt his hand slip under my dress as he did so and when I looked back I could see his smile said, 'actual stockings - yum'.

The restaurant was a surprise, not 'The Old Dog' but 'Georgios' an up market Greek restaurant that I would never have even considered on my pay. The meal was delightful, and Paul confided that he had booked the table the previous week, so I was usurping Helena's date with him.

He asked if I had heard from Eric. "Well as you ask, I got a text message this afternoon from my good friend Mia who had sent the clip, not that he knew that. He had nagged her into forwarding a message from Eric to me. In it he said it was all a misunderstanding and Sioned meant nothing to him. So, I replied in a message for her to forward. <Eric, I agree it was a misunderstanding, that I could trust you. BTW you need to get checked out.> I hadn't known it was Sioned, but that confirmed things as I knew 'loose legs Sioned' was an old adversary from college.