All Comments on '1x: The Rebounds and the Catch'

by AlexFourways

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ugh. Spoonfeeding characters' physical attributes, the entirety of the first paragraph in this case, is lazy and boring. Most of the time all of those details are irrelevant to the story and unneeded. Trust your readers to use their imaginations. If characters' physical attributes must be included, reveal them in the course of storytelling. It's so much more interesting. I didn't read past the first paragraph for this reason.

Huggy3291Huggy32913 months ago

I wish I was as good a literary critic as the person below. They managed to discern the entire story by reading only one paragraph! For my taste it was a beautifully written gentle erotic love story. Perfect!! Thank you and keep up the excellent work.

WetheNorthWetheNorth3 months ago

Huggy3291 nailed it.

I do not know who the other commentator is because he is anonymous.

Perhaps if anony had read more than the one paragraph he would have enjoyed the story also.

AlexFourwaysAlexFourways3 months agoAuthor

Thanks Huggy3291 and WetheNorth for your kind comments. I nearly reacted to Anon but I am not sure what else I would put in "Who Am I" and the physical attributes are one sentence so you are primed to imagine a fit 22 yr old redhead instead of a tubby 40 year old blonde. Also, I state that readers can skip the Who Am I and For those who like closure, so on your account (and the current mindblowing reader numbers and rating) his/her loss.

Also, in some of my earlier stories (following examples I have read, you get the full "I have Blonde medium length hair with a wave and green eyes. I'm slim 5'8" with a 41"C 32" 43" figure." So this one is light touch. (BTW I got fed up creating credible body stats, even with a spreadsheet).

Sometimes I find that in otherwise excellent stories I am half a page in before I know if the lead character is female or male, until they introduce the opposite number.

Phew - Thanks again. BTW anyone interested in being a Beta Reader, if so DM me!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlexFourways@AlexFourways
Hi I am a male, 60+ based in Britain. I am conventionally straight. I often home in on Group Sex stories, but to find the ones where women’s pleasure is what the story is about. NEWS CAST 21 April. I Stepped Off The Train - Missing, just published in Romance. Written in one w...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES