20 Year Anniversary Pt. 01

Story Info
Loving husband seeks proof of wife's infidelity.
8.9k words
4.28
107.8k
119

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/04/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi all,

This is my inaugural story. It's a three-part story. This is only part one. Part's two and three will follow shortly. I couldn't have done this without blackrandI1958. Her guidance, insights and editing gave me the courage to upload my story. Words can't express, how much I am, in her debt. I hope you enjoy. My stories do not contain too much graphic sex. They are all about a faithful wife who loses her way. Please comment. Thanks.

GisG

Wednesday January 23rd 2019

Chris Robbins, a prosecutor with the state of Illinois, was in a state of disbelief. He had just returned from an amazing 10-day trip to southeast Asia with Amber, his loving wife of 20 years, and now he suspected her of adultery. He assumed that if she was to continue her affair, he would need proof before he could accuse her of anything. He knew that law and wanted his proof to go beyond a reasonable doubt. Chris called his friend, Mike Sanders, the general manager at the Hilton Hotel, that Chris assumed was the scene of the crime and where it might transpire again.

"Mike, how are you, it's Chris Robbins."

"Hey, Chris, how are you? I hope this is a friendly call and not some violation that we may be guilty of."

"No, Mike, you guys are okay, but I need a favor."

"Anything."

"Mike, you have a frequent guest named John Stevens; he usually checks in on Monday evenings and probably has a late checkout on Tuesdays. He'll be back next Monday the 28th. I'd like you to upgrade his room to a suite."

"Sure, let me check... by the way, why am I doing this? Hold for a sec... Chris, I don't have any reservation for Stevens, and why do you want me to upgrade?"

"Mike, if you are planning on providing Stevens with a suite, then I assume by 3:00 PM, the room will be available, even though he doesn't usually arrive until the evening."

"Yes, that is true."

"Mike, I'd like to send one of my detectives over and install some cameras in the room on Monday at 3:00."

"Chris, do you have a warrant? You, of all people, know that's Illegal without a warrant, and it's also immoral. I know lots of people who do things legally but not morally, but you are the straightest arrow I know, in terms of ethics and the legal code."

"Mike, I need this for a family friend. My friend suspects that Stevens is cheating with his wife. I never intend to use this in a court of law. My friend is just looking for irrefutable evidence of the affair. I will have a video and audio recording of the affair if it happens. No one, except the participating parties, will ever see that recording, and that will only be if needed. I will also have the recording password protected, I know it's illegal, but in the case where there is an affair, I am not sure who is more immoral."

"Okay, Chris, only for you. Do not breathe a word of this to anyone. We can both get screwed and we have lots to lose, but remember, I still do not have any reservation for Stevens for next week."

"Mike, don't worry, you will. I owe you a big one, thanks."

"Not as many as I owe you. I hope you get your evidence, take care."

Mike wasn't sure why he mentioned the last line, he suspected, but couldn't believe that Chris was referring to himself. There was no way that Amber would cheat on Chris. They were the least likely couple to have any marital issues, but maybe, Mike thought to himself, he was jumping to conclusions.

At home, Chris tried to be cool; he didn't want Amber to suspect that he suspected. Amber, too, was cool. She thought to herself that there should be no reason for Chris to suspect anything, especially after her all-world blow jobs and swallowing she provided for him the previous evening. The latter was something very rare in their married life. She was just so unsure of why she was involved with Stevens. She knew she had to end it or the ramifications could be horrendous, both personally and professionally.

Friday January 25th 2019

Chris was sitting in his office preparing to head home for the weekend when the phone rang.

"Robbins, how can I help?"

"Chris, hi; It's Mike Sanders from the Hilton."

"Yes, Mike, what's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know that a reservation has been made for John Stevens for Monday the 28th. Chris, the reservation was made by Mrs. Amber Robbins, of Midwest Regional Bank. Chris, I am really sorry about this and I hope you are wrong."

"Thanks for your support, Mike. I, too, hope I am wrong. I need another favor."

"Yes Chris, what is it?"

"I need his home address and phone number; can you provide that?"

"Chris I will try and get that, also; maybe I should leave hotel management and starting working for the state as a detective."

"Mike, I owe you another; have a great weekend."

"You too, bye."

6 weeks earlier.

Wednesday the 5th of December 2018

Amber and Lynn were in discussion with the vice president of the bank. Lynn headed all operations and was Amber's boss. Amber headed the project management division, and had four people on her team. Lynn was the first to speak.

"We reviewed all five responses for our RFQ and we cut it down to two vendors: Amber, her team and I met with them last week, I will let Amber provide you with the summary of our meetings."

Amber had been in management about four years, but this was the first time she was meeting directly with the vice president of the bank. This project was huge and the bank needed to be very cautious about how to proceed.

"The London vendor had two people on their team: Alex and Bill. Alex is the salesman and Bill is the account manager. They are very experienced. Bill, who will be our direct contact if they win the tender, is extremely experienced. He's also very charming and seems very easy to work with. My concern with them is that their technology may be a bit outdated, and I am concerned about potential modifications in the future and supportability. Their references were impeccable.

"The NY team sent over four people. Cynthia is their sales manager, Susan, who heads their R&D, Paul, from IT and John who will be the account manager. Susan is really impressive; she seems very current and very flexible with their software. Paul seems to understand our security needs, John is very inexperienced and that is somewhat concerning. Also, their price is only $900,000 as opposed to London, who was asking $1,200,000. Both teams believe that If we start on January 8th, we can finish by the end of June."

Lynn saw some concerns on her boss's expression, so she piped in "We can't start until the 8th because Amber is going away from Christmas until then. She asked for this vacation two months ago, before we submitted our RFQ, and I want Amber to personally manage this project. Amber and I discussed it and we would like Cynthia and John to come back here next Monday for a final discussion before we make any decision."

Amber added, "That was also another point in NY's favor: they are a short flight away and only a one-hour time difference."

Amber was privately concerned about one more point, and that was John. She was worked with many men over the years, but never one as handsome and as well-built as John was. She noticed how muscular his chest was and how small his ass was. He was like a model. From time to time men did flirt with her, but they never crossed the line and she, of course, loved her husband dearly and would never consider such thoughts, so she didn't know why she was thinking about this. There was one occasion when a vendor got too friendly with her. Amber didn't know what to do, and so she discussed it with Lynn. Lynn had called the account manager's boss, and he was removed from the project. Amber felt really bad afterward that she couldn't handle the situation herself. She also thought that John was really young. After NY finished their presentation, Lynn and Amber treated them for drinks. Amber was in deep discussion with Susan most of the evening, but caught John staring at her from time to time. When she got home that evening she felt dampness in her panties, something that had her very confused.

On the evening of her meeting with the vice president, she filled in Chris on what was going on.

"Lynn and I met with the VP today."

"Really, I am so proud of you honey; you are so well respected in the bank. It's not just the nice compensation package that you get, but they really do see your value. What happened in the meeting?"

"We are going to meet with the NY team again next Monday. Lynn has some conditions that she wants to put in the contract. She also wants me to take Stevens out alone for drinks. He is very young and inexperienced; we are concerned about that."

"How young is he?"

"My guess is 31-32, but he is married. I saw a ring on his finger. I guess that shows some level of maturity and responsibly."

Chris thought that last point was a bit strange. Amber had been working with men for many years, but she had never mentioned their marital status. He was going to question her, but let it go.

*****

Chris and Amber had met 23 years earlier, in the beginning of 1996, at the University of Michigan. They met when Chris was a senior and Amber was a sophomore. Amber was a classic beauty. She was your typical wholesome girl next door. She was 5'4", had an amazing figure, bordering on too thin, but enough curves to make her understatedly sexy. She wore little makeup. She always dressed conservatively, either skirts or loose-fitting pants, never tight jeans. She never showed too much cleavage or wore tight-fitting sweaters. She had deep blue eyes and jet-black hair, which she always wore unadventurously. Chris was 5'10", had green eyes, ate well and did a bit of exercise. He was okay as an athlete but never much into sports. He did excel at long distance running, and over the years had participated in quite a few marathons.

They were both very inexperienced when it came to the opposite sex. Chris was focused on his career; his grades were good enough to get into any Ivy league law school but he decided to stay in Michigan for law school, just to be near Amber. They were both virgins and sexually inexperienced. Chris had come from a very religious family and had never even kissed a girl. Amber did fool around a bit in high school, but her parents were a bit tough on her after learning the hard way from Amber's older sister, Alison. Ali was a free spirit.

It took them six months for Chris to fondle Amber's breasts, and another six months until she gave him his first blowjob. By then, he had started to sexually stimulate her with cunnilingus. Still no intercourse, and when Amber wanted to try it, Chris was adamant.

"My first time will be on my wedding night."

Amber, who was in her junior year by then said, "And when will that be?"

"When you graduate."

Amber was a bit dejected, but responded, "I love you; I will wait."

Amber was the adventurous one; they tried lots of things but even she wasn't ready to swallow. It wasn't until her senior year when Chris finally proposed. They needed to decide when to get married. The summer of 1998 was not great for their families, and Chris did not want to get married in the middle of any semester, so they planned on getting married Sunday, January 3rd, 1999, in Chicago. Amber was from Chicago; Chris was from Arizona. They figured all their siblings will be off for New Year's weekend, so it will be good time. Ali, who was living with her boyfriend, Steven, couldn't believe that her baby sister would be married before she was. Amber's brother, Brandon, was just starting at Michigan, and Chris's brothers Andrew & Mark would all make the trip and of course so would their parents.

The plan was to get married in the Hilton Hotel on Michigan avenue in Chicago near Amber's family and then they'd head back to Ann Arbor until Chris graduated from Law School. In June, Chris would take the Illinois state bar and they'd move to Chicago. So they were wed in the Hilton on January 3rd 1999.

It was in this Hilton hotel that they both lost their virginity, and 20 years later, where Amber lost her fidelity and Chris was going to do try his 'Hail-Mary', just to save the marriage.

Amber had a double major in computer science and business management, and had no problem getting a job with Midwest Regional Bank. Eighteen months after they were married Emily was born, followed two years later by Robbie and then 19 months after that, Sara completed the family. Amber was off so often for maternity leave she did not have a chance to build on her career, but by the time Sara was in first grade, she started to make her mark at the bank.

*****

December 2018

Monday December 10th Cynthia and John flew out to Chicago again.

The plan was for a two-hour meeting, and then Cynthia would go back to NY and Amber would meet with John privately. Cynthia agreed to all of Lynn's requests and Lynn said, "We'll be in touch tomorrow." Amber got a lift in the morning with Chris so she could Uber it home; she knew she would be drinking. They went to a local bar and grill.

Amber began. "John are you up to this?"

John seemed a bit nervous. He wasn't sure if it was her beauty or her aggressive questioning, but John never lacked self-confidence.

"Yes, absolutely."

"You do know we are paying $900,000 plus your expenses for this project. Are you sure you can handle the responsibility?"

"If you are concerned about my youth, I am thirty years old, but I have been working here for eight years and have worked with banks all over the country, though I must admit we have never worked with one of your size. We are quite excited about the opportunity, and if you checked our references you will see that all our past clients were very pleased with our work."

"We did check your references and often asked about the account manager. While most banks were pleased, there was one bank in Georgia which mentioned that you started the project but were replaced. Care to share why that was?"

"My wife was pregnant with our second child and she didn't want me travelling."

"Does your wife realize that if we decide to go with you, you will be here every week? That is a lot of travelling, I assume and pardon me for getting personal, she is not pregnant now?"

John had not discussed this with his wife yet.

"We are not pregnant, and probably won't be for a while. We have a beautiful nine-month old daughter at home and our son is nearly four years old".

"Where did you meet?"

"We met at Columbia University in NY, and decided to marry there and stay there. I am originally from Charlotte, and Debbie is from Houston."

Amber wanted to avoid the personal, so she discussed deliverable schedules, specs getting signed off, testing scripts and providing remote access. At this time, she was gaining more confidence that John knew how to manage the account. His self-confidence did not hurt him, and she also felt a bit of his arrogance, probably some of that because of how handsome he was and what kind of shape was he in.

John was drinking scotch and Amber was nursing her wine.

"Can I get you something stronger than that?" John asked.

"No, I think I will stick with wine; I usually don't drink anything too hard, mostly sweet cocktails, and while I really like them, they don't like me."

John sensed that Amber was getting more comfortable with him.

"What do you mean they don't like you; do you get sick?"

"Nope, I just get very tipsy, and tonight I don't want to happen."

"Did you drive here?"

"No my husband dropped me off this morning and I will Uber it home."

"What does your husband do?"

"He's an attorney." Amber, for some reason, neglected to say that he worked with the attorney general's office.

"And you have kids?"

"Yes, three. Our oldest daughter is a freshman in the University of Michigan, our other two are in high school, a boy who is a junior and a girl who is a sophomore."

"You have a child in university? That's not possible; you look like you're my age."

John was pouring on the BS, and Amber was eating it up.

"How long have you been married, if I may ask?"

"We are about to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Off to far east: Asia." Amber was smiling from ear to ear.

"Twenty years, amazing, we've been married seven."

"Does your wife work?"

"Yes, she is in public relations, but she is still on maternity leave. She suffers heavily from PPD. She was out for eight months after our son was born, not sure how long this will last."

"Is she getting help?" Amber was not thinking about how personal the questioning was, she was starting to fall into a bit of a spell. John started to get a bit cocky and he placed his hand on Amber's shoulder.

"No, I wish she would." Amber was not comfortable with what she felt. She was on her third glass of wine by then, but still was sober enough.

"John please take your hand off me; I don't think that is very appropriate."

John removed his hand, but he kept on the charm.

"I'm sorry, you are so easy to talk to and I assume you know how beautiful you are. I bet I am not the first man that has fallen under your spell."

"John, this isn't appropriate; maybe you had a bit too much to drink. I love my husband very much and have been extremely faithful to him."

She then added, "I am 12 years older than you, probably closer to your mother's age." She wasn't sure why she even made that last statement, and while Amber didn't know what an MILF was, John certainly did.

John kept it going, "You say that are extremely faithful to your husband, but is he faithful to you? You know attorneys are always a hot commodity."

Amber chuckled "If you knew my husband, he's very straight and extremely faithful. He may love his religion more than me, so there is no way he would ever stray. How about your wife?"

Amber was shocked with the direction of the conversation and figured she'd need to end it, but she was even more surprised by John's answer.

"Debbie, stray? I wish. We could use some spice in our marriage. Since the birth of our daughter she hasn't even had sex with me. It took her nearly a year after our son was born."

Amber really had enough of this and was very uncomfortable. She didn't ask John if he was always faithful; somehow, she wouldn't believe him even if he claimed to be faithful.

"John, you have a flight to catch and I'd like to get home to my family. It was nice to see you again."

Amber asked for the check, and they stood up to shake hands and say goodbye. Amber's hands were all sweaty, a fact not lost on John.

Amber wasn't sure why she didn't say anything to Chris. She knew she wouldn't say anything to Lynn. After the last time, she felt she should handle this herself. The next day, Lynn called a management meeting and they made their decision. Amber did not want to be discouraging because of John, so she went along with Lynn's enthusiasm. At some point later in the day, Lynn stopped by and asked Amber about her meeting. Amber basically reviewed the first 90 minutes and left out the last 30 minutes.

Lynn called Cynthia the next day

"Cynthia, hi, it's Lynn Hastings from Midwest Regional."

"Hey, Lynn, what's the verdict?"

"We decided to give you guys a shot. Please have your attorneys send over a contract to our legal team, I have already provided you with their contact information. Please make sure everything that we agreed upon yesterday is stated clearly in the contact. I have sent over to our legal team my understanding of the agreement. Let's hope the lawyers can get everything signed within the next two weeks and then we can have a great kickoff party here Sunday the 23rd before Christmas."