20 Year Anniversary Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sara filled in Robbie, who called Emily. "Something is up, Sis. Neither of them have left the house in three months, and tonight they are both going out. What could be going on?"

"Let me try and find out."

Emily called both her parents and they were both very evasive. Amber did tell Emily that everything was fine. Emily was very frustrated, and she wasn't convinced.

She called Robbie. "I have no idea what's going on, let's talk tomorrow."

No one noticed Chris leave, nor did they see what he was wearing. He left at around 6:40. Amber came down at 6:50 and she looked like a million dollars.

"Holy blankety-blank Mom, are you dressed to kill," he said.

Sara came running down

"Mom, where are you going like that?"

"I have a date."

"What" I thought you were trying to work things out with Dad, does he know?"

"Sara, I don't think this is any of your business."

Just then the doorbell rang.

"Sara, please get the door," Amber said.

"Mom, this isn't a good idea," Robbie said. "I know you and Dad are having issues and things are very cold in the house, but you can't go out with other men, that isn't right."

Sara opened the door and she saw her father. At first, she thought, oh god this is going to be really bad. Dad will kill her. But then she noticed that her father was all dressed up. What was going on?

"Hello Sara, is Mrs. Robbins ready?" Chris asked.

It took Sara a second, but she figured out what was going on. It was funny that her dad referred to her mom as Mrs. Robbins.

"Mom, your date is here." They both heard Robbie.

"Mom, please don't do.... Dad what are you doing here?"

Robbie was panicked. He hadn't figured it out yet and thought there would be a scene.

"Hello, son, I am here for my date."

Amber walked up to Chris. There was no physical contact, but Chris handed her some flowers.

"Thank you. Sara, please put these in water, good night guys."

Robbie's shock wore off and he had tears in his eyes. He hugged his sister and the called Emily to fill her in.

*****

Chris took Amber to a really nice French restaurant. He tried to play his role as if it were a first-time date. Amber played along and just played her role, as if they were divorced and she was meeting a new man in her life. She talked mostly about her family, her kids and her 'ex' husband.

"It sounds like you aren't over him, it doesn't give me any confidence that we can establish a relationship here."

Amber frowned but wouldn't give up.

"I made a mistake, a terrible mistake with my ex. I realize he is lost to me forever, and I am sad for all of us, but if I am ever going to have happiness in my life, I would want a guy just like him, so I have to be over my ex, but not over the type of person he was."

Chris just looked at her. He started to tear up.

"It's funny, you look a lot like my ex, I may have a hard time with this."

Amber then mentioned that she was doing all the talking and asked Chris about his ex. This was Chris' choice; did he talk about the first 20 years of their married life or the last four months. He chose the former.

"And you accuse me of not getting over my ex," Amber said. "It sounds like your wife was your soul mate. She was literally the other half of your coin; what happened?"

She was forcing Chris to speak negatively of her and to describe his emotions. Chris said that she broke his heart and it couldn't be mended.

Amber was silent, she waiting a few minutes and then said softly, "I'm sorry for you. You are a real special guy. I only wish you true and complete happiness with someone."

After more silence, Amber switched the topic. It was already too heavy. She spoke about local politics. Chris knew a lot about that and had a lot to say.

They ate their dessert and he said, "Let me get you home before your kids get the wrong idea."

She smiled.

As they got to the front door, she asked him if wanted to come in for a coffee. He said maybe next time.

He waited for her to open the door and then said, "Good night, I had a pleasant evening."

He turned and walked toward his car.

Amber walked in alone and her kids were all over her, how was the date, where's Dad etc.

"It was a pleasant evening," She said, and went up to her room. She thought that it was a start and he mentioned next time. Maybe she had hope.

Chris sat in his car and thought long and hard. He loved her and yes, she hurt him, but she was truly sorry. The problem was how was he ever going to touch her again. He was really looking forward to the next meeting with Rachel.

*****

That happened a week later. Rachel asked about their date and what they discussed. She thought that they missed the point. They should try and avoid their personal history, but try and get to know each other as people. She also said they weren't limited to one night a week.

"Rachel, the problem isn't whether I love Amber or not. I do," Chris said. "The problem is that I can't touch her ever again without seeing her with Stevens."

Rachel responded "Chris, we will deal with that. I need you guys to not think about the last 20 years, but the next 30-40. If you were divorced, what kind of partner would you look for? We will deal with the physical issue, I promise. Just go out and have fun."

This was the first time Chris said out loud in front of Amber that he still loved her.

On the following week, Rachel discovered that they went bowling Sunday night, and a movie and ice cream Wednesday night. Rachel asked them both to stand and look into each other eyes. She asked Amber to give Chris a small peck on the cheek. This was the first physical contact in four months. Chris froze up. Amber noticed and tried to keep it together.

"Chris, let's imagine that this doesn't work out and you guys get divorced," Rachel said. Imagine that you can't forgive Amber and feel that you need to move on. Three months after your divorce, the kids tell you that Mom has a boyfriend. That will be perfectly legitimate, and you know that she is a desirable woman. How are you going to feel?"

Chris looked at Rachel "That isn't fair; you are blaming me. I didn't cheat. I didn't break my vows, why is this my fault?"

"Chris, it isn't your fault. Amber is the reason why you came here. You may be the reason why you are still here or why it may not work out. Amber made a mistake, a very big mistake. It's up to you to decide whether you can live with her mistake or you can live with the fact that they next time she is with a man and not you, it will be legal and moral. That is your decision. At the very beginning I said to Amber that if I felt the marriage couldn't be saved, I would recommend to the judge to dissolve the marriage. The reason was that I couldn't deny you love and happiness in the future. Well, that is true for both of you. The fact is she did cheat. She also is remorseful and wants to stay together. You need to decide."

Chris just looked at Rachel. He couldn't look at Amber who was staring at her husband.

"Chris, you need to push the envelope a bit and take yourself out of your comfort zone."

Chris nodded to Rachel and said that he had to go.

Amber stayed back a few minutes with Rachel. She had an idea which she shared with Rachel.

Three nights later, Sunday night after dinner, as with most nights, Chris usually retired to the guest bedroom and Amber usually went upstairs. Chris went to his room; however, this time, Amber waited downstairs for about 30 minutes. She wasn't sure if she should get into her PJs or put on a negligee or just stay dressed. She figured the safest route was staying dressed. She knocked on Chris's room.

"Chris, can I come in for a sec?"

Chris was in bed reading a book and said yes. Amber came in and closed the door behind her. Chris was a bit surprised.

"Honey, I am dressed. I am going to lie down behind you and we can talk or you can continue reading."

Chris didn't say anything, but looked at her. Amber crawled on the bed behind Chris and put her arm around his chest. She didn't say that she was going to hug him. Chris felt an erection and tears. Amber heard his sniffles and kissed him on the cheek.

"We will survive this. Our love it too great."

Chris turned toward his wife and he kissed her on the lips. She reached over, turned off his night light and said, "Let's just hold each other."

Chris buried his head in her chest. There was nothing sexual, just love. He wanted to say something, but she stopped him and said no talking. "Let's just hold each other." He was sleeping within 15 minutes.

Amber kissed him again on the cheek as she left the room to go to sleep.

*****

No one said anything in the morning as Chris went to work. Amber actually had a meeting with Lynn to discuss reinstatement. They agreed that Alice would continue to manage the department, Amber would still report directly to Lynn and work on special projects. Amber wasn't sure if she could handle the 'demotion,' but Lynn said it's time to let Alice move up in the company and Amber could continue to mentor her. Amber would initially start at three days a week based on her previous salary, but would only earn 60%. They would use it as a three-month trial.

At dinner on Monday, they each discussed their day, cleaned up, watched the news in the living room and then each retired to their rooms. Amber put on a negligee. 15 minutes after she came up, Chris knocked on her door and came in. He was wearing just pajama bottoms. She made room for him in their bed and let him make the first move. He turned toward her and started to kiss her. Their kissing got passionate. Amber reached down for his penis and felt it erect. She started to remove his pajama bottoms and started to stroke him. It had been over four months and neither had sex with anyone. The last time Amber had sex it was with Stevens. Amber moved her head down to take Chris in her mouth and he said, "No."

He started to cry again. She just hugged him. They stopped kissing. He hadn't really touched her, just kissed her. He then started to caress her breast over her negligee. She moaned ever so softly.

"Take your time honey. I'm not in any rush; we have the rest of our lives. You decide the pace. You know that I would have slept with you before we were married, but you wanted to wait and I waited and it was worth the wait, I will wait again. I don't care if it takes five years or ten years. We can just cuddle in bed together. Your hugging me means more than anything."

They hugged, but they didn't speak. Each tried to stay awake, but Amber eventually fell asleep. Chris started to caress her again in her sleep. He caressed her over her negligee, her breasts first; he then took his hand up her negligee to caress her bare breast. This really got him erect. He hadn't put his bottoms back on. He moved his hand down her stomach and felt her pubic hair. She was moaning in her sleep. It was if she were having a dream, only it wasn't. He then started to finger her, first her clitoris and eventually inside her. She was panting, close to orgasm but still sleeping. Chris made his move and got on top of her and entered her. She woke and said, "Welcome home."

He kissed her with such passion. His climax came shortly after that and she held him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm trying. Right now, no, but let me work this out."

"I love you, Chris, and I don't deserve you. I will never let you go."

"Amber, I forgive you. I love you. Just give me time. It's hard now. I am still reminiscing about you and him."

"Chris, I know you are, but it will be easier for you if you don't share that with me. You will manage better without saying anything to me, because there is nothing I can say to ease your pain. All I can do is hold you and I will forever, till death us do part."

With that he kissed her one more time and went to sleep.

*****

In the morning, Sara was leaving the bathroom when she noticed her father leave her mother's room. She ran into Robbie's room and filled him in. They cried and hugged. Tuesday night, Chris moved back into the master bedroom.

On Thursday they delivered the report to Rachel. She looked at Chris.

"It's hard but sleeping with my wife, who I really and truly love and still have nightmares about, but it is 1,000 times better than letting some other guy have her. She made a mistake. A stupid mistake. She never felt any love for him. She had confusing emotions going through her brain, younger man, good looking man and I did see that she had no joy on her face. They say time heals all wounds; let's hope it's true."

Rachel recommended that they see each other every other week for the next two months and if all went well, maybe a three-month checkup after that.

Epilogue

Two years later, Amber got a new account. The situation was similar. At 45 she still looked great. The new guy was single. The project kicked off, they did their drinks and dinner and Brian was a complete gentleman. Brian was 28 and had just completed his MBA. He told Amber that he was single but recently had a two-year relationship end with an older woman. Amber asked how old and he said she was 33. Amber smiled and said a youngster. Amber asked why it ended and Brian said that she ended it. She wanted to get married and he wasn't looking for that. Brian said that before her, he actually had a short relationship with a married woman. Amber frowned and asked what happened. He said her husband found out and nearly divorced her. She was 31 and had a small child. He then put his hand on Ambers hand and asked, "How about you, any chance?"

She didn't move. She looked at him and said "If you don't take your fucking hand off of my hand you will get a bloody nose, now. If you ever look at me in any inappropriate way, I will kick you in the nuts. If you even think of me as a sexual object, piece of meat, I will have you arrested for harassment and your company will have to pay millions of dollars in damages."

Brian removed his hand and said, "Mrs. Robbins, I deeply apologize; you are a beautiful woman. I'm not blind. You are a real professional and I was wrong. There are some woman out there, even married ones, that do like younger men. It was presumptuous of me to assume anything. Please don't report, this. I really need this job".

"Brian, I will report this, but I will say that I am okay to continue working with you as long as you abide by my conditions: no touching, speaking, looking or thinking. I am sorry, we have a company policy that requires all woman to report any forms of potential harassment. We will leave this as potential for now."

Brian learned his lesson. He realized that he must always let the woman make the first move, if he was ever going to get involved with someone professionally.

The next day, Amber reported the event to Lynn, who reported to Brian's boss. Brian was reprimanded, but Amber was fine working with him and wanted to help his career growth. She felt he learned his lesson and would never try that again.

She was fearful of telling Chris. She thought it would bring up memories of John Stevens. She did tell Chris, and it did. Chris decided to just make sure. He asked Amber when the next meeting with Brian would be. She said it was in two weeks. He said, take him to dinner. She did. Brian was behaving, he was very fearful of Amber. All of a sudden Chris showed up with some police officers from the DA's office. He gave his wife a kiss and introduced himself to Brian. Brian saw the police officers and panicked.

"Never start up with a cop's wife," Chris said.

Brian started to apologize, but Chris stopped him.

"No need. I heard Amber took care of it on her own, but I needed to protect my territory."

Amber felt incredibly loved. It wasn't that he didn't trust her, he did. He just wanted to show her how he needed to protect her.

That night during love making, Chris got his first blow job in two and half years and they finally tried reverse cowgirl.