All Comments on '24 Hours to Decide'

by LJA644

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
c24jc24j6 months ago

I really liked this story!! It would have been nice if she'd been a touch more remorseful, but his plan pretty much did the trick. He can always fall back on 'If you'd ever really loved me, your decision would have taken less than 24 seconds, not 24 hours! You only love money and comfort!' and 'I hope that one day you will know what it means to truly love someone.' A few lines of that nature could have been fun, especially if she actually did realize she'd done wrong at some point, and also realized she did really love him.

At any rate, a very fun read! Thanks!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Sometimes the new and improve version leaves something to be desired!

5

TajfaTajfa6 months ago

Very good. I wonder what she was thinking when he threw her out?

Bronco56Bronco566 months ago

Good story. 5stars

SyzyguySyzyguy6 months ago

5* This is an effective story, I wasn't quite sure what his original plan might have been (an unwise assault on the trainee manager?), but this choice option he offered to her was well-written and believable. Being predictable did not detract from the story at all (there are few, if any, new plots in LW after all). Thank you for posting it.

I very much like the idea of a "You have to choose" series. Are you going to throw it open to others? Maybe you could suggest a word limit of, say, 10k words?

Thank you again.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker6 months ago

5 stars; could have used some payback on the bastard, but still, a thinking man taking care of business. Delusional, to say the least. My new favorite word. The Bear liked it. Say hello to Jackie for me.

The BEAR

LarrynDallasLarrynDallas6 months ago

Nice twist on the trope. Well written too.

demanderdemander6 months ago

Nice. I don;t know about over there. But here i the U.S. the divorce papers would fail. Best interests of the children. D

kage440kage4406 months ago
Really Great

How can a woman give up her kids? She needs counseling and a therapist, she's still delusional.

Other than that, was a great read. Thank you very much

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story, she was given time to decide and chose the wrong man, she deserves all she gets. The boyfriend wasn't up to much as he ran away at the first sign of responsibility. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MwestohioMwestohio6 months ago

Good story. Unfortunately the narration kept moving between present and past tense

heydog52heydog525 months ago

Good story. I liked how the husband was going to divorce the cheating wife whether she chose him or not.

someoneothersomeoneother5 months ago

Unfortunately typical of LW, the story is delusional. A divorce document signed by a distraught mother/wife would never survive judicial review, which would be necessary for any divorce decree and child custody determination. Also, husband cannot remove wife from marital home.

Actually wife is better off divorced than being married to a husband who would harm his children to satisfy his need for vengeance by subjecting the mother of his children to public humiliation.

Too bad, because story was not badly written and had the legs for something deeper and interesting.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

I liked the straight forward nature of the storyline. I was a little surprised she picked Gerald and I loved his visit with him. 4.5*

JRandyJJRandyJ5 months ago

Good Read! 5*. My

only issue is the dude left to do it again, he still has his balls. Now destroy another family. I know it's fiction, so are my comments.

GarySmith69GarySmith695 months ago

Interesting story, the husband did all the right things and as it turns out the boyfriend didn't really want the full package. Why would a woman apparently happily married give up everything for a man that has no scruples and no integrity.

Cracker270Cracker2705 months ago

I really enjoyed this one. Little bit of trouble translating English/English to American/ English but no real bother. The strong, smart main character was the cherry on top.

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

OK but a little far fetched.

FireFox59FireFox595 months ago

Interesting story.

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

Great work. She burned herself, which is the best.

remb95remb955 months ago

He was nicer to her than I I would have been and him as well but at least he didn't have to have a defense attorney.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I liked it! 5*****! I liked two things most. First, he didn't blab everything he knew until he had the facts and he'd heard the lies. Second, he didn't play fair with the divorce papers. It would never work in real life, but it's a fun piece of fiction.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion5 months ago

I do enjoy a good reconciliation story if it is possible to rebuild the relationship. This was not one. She picked the wrong horse to bet on. In a two-horse race there is no win, place or show. Just a winner and a loser. Kim chose wrong. Graham Kent was a Superman in my opinion because he resisted the urge to extract his revenge on Gerald. Graham's kids need their dad, not a jail bird. Graham reacted the right way. I enjoyed it and gave it 5-stars.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41045 months ago

I liked this. It was well done, and I did like the fact that there we consequences, but no revenge. Nothing wrong with a good revenge tale, but that wouldn't have fit here.

Hooked1957Hooked19575 months ago

Fun premise. Please get an editor.

Hooked

truthandjustice99truthandjustice995 months ago

When the judge reads this he will tear up the document and start again giving the children to her spousal support

and child cupport He will fine the louse for committing fraud on his wife Also will fine the louse 500 pound

Doesn't pay to cheat the system so flagrantly

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

AN extremely smart husband. He covered all of the angles It doesn't pay to cheat. Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sneaky but superb!!

sem999sem9995 months ago

I like ending ,but that choosing not so much.

3 stars

Eaststand1306Eaststand13065 months ago

Very good story. I did a similar thing, but not as good, when I caught my ex wife out. They honestly think you won’t notice.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostra5 months ago

When you write dialogue and the same person speaks through multiple paragraphs, don't close the quotes until the speaker changes. Open each paragraph with quotation marks but don't close them at the end. When sparsely using dialogue tags (she said, he barked, Kim exclaimed, etc.), it's hard to figure out who's speaking, which slows down the flow and makes the story less enjoyable. I loved this tale, as it balanced real-world emotions and considerations with the writing constraints of LW. You stayed away from the by-the-numbers writing we all fall into in this category. Very well-played. I loved the H and M conditions with the divorce petitions. Also, you write with that slightly irreverent, dry, British cheekiness that many on this side of Mar Atlantique can't quite grasp. A solid 5/5. Looking forward to more.

HmmtwodogsHmmtwodogs5 months ago

Very good, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I still laugh when I think about it.

Kernow2023Kernow20235 months ago

good story , a good square cut on his head with cricket bat may have been a good alternative , five stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wife wasn't completely delusional. Sometimes cheaters disrespect their partner so much, that they trust them to always have their back even as they betray them. That's what she did. And when she had to legal option to fight it, her parents ta said, "suck it up". And she did. She didn't want to tick off her parents and kids. She already was 6 feet under socially. And her spouse still had pictures and recordings of her affair and horrible attitude that could be made public. She choose her status over her fair share in a divorce. Her status and some family dignity meant more to her.

mndhanson017mndhanson0175 months ago

Not necessarily true, demander, she signed them giving consent, it's not a matter of children, it's why they say you should have a lawyer to look things over. She didn't and got burned for it, the divorce papers would not fail because she signed them, hence it was a mutual agreement.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

oh ho.

nice one.

his action was so simple yet so effective.

I was about to accept they reconciled because the MC was a cheater too.

he was lucky he had the upper hand, since his wife didn't know he cheated first.

maybe one day his ex-wife will know and go on revenge mode on MC.

that I wouldn't mind. the bastard MC should suffer too.

/

Thank you for this nice story LJA644

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Demand is correct on law in the US. No judge I have stood before would accept those terms.

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

@JohnAmalfi4104 Consequences but no revenge. There was a perfect revenge. The lover lost his job, his potential management position within the company. Whatever the story in the local 'rag' newspaper was, you can bet his antics followed him and would affect later employment prospects.

The wife lost her family or at least joint custody. Whether or not that would be true even if she did sign the papers is not the issue. In the story she is out and has to pay some child support. She has to get and maintain her own place. Revenge is not just beating the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done! Didn't care for him fucking her one last time on the assumption her boyfriend would be getting sloppy seconds. He should have had more self-respect than to touch her cheating skank ass. Otherwise a good tale.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the story, from Kim being told she wasn't as good in keeping her affair secret as she thought, to his talk with the guy. Then she wants to return to him when she finds loverboy suddenly left after choosing him instead of her husband? Only thing missing: what happened in the supermarket after the rag paper came with the story.

4+ stars. I look forward to the series... well, not so much as the husband's at fault, but we'll see. Bob

RubiconXRubiconX5 months ago

Very well done! Realistic dialog, mature adults (mostly) handling conflict and disappointment like real people, without violence or melodramatic twists and turns. Genuine emotions well presented. Bravo!

Pinto931Pinto9315 months ago

A supermarket assistant manager has better prospects than a carpenter, she really is dumb do you know how much a carpenter makes against what a grocery peasant makes?.

HaHaRoHaHaRo5 months ago

Sehr gut erzählt und auch schlau vom Ehemann eingefädelt. Aber auf Rücksicht der Kinder sollte er, auch nach der Scheidung zu Gunsten der Kinder, eine Versöhnung mit seiner EX-Frau und immer noch Mutter seiner Kinder, zulassen. Er sollte seinen Stolz vergessen und sie sollte von ihrem Fehltritt lernen. Kinder sind sehr feinfühlig und bekommen viel mehr mit, wie viele Erwachsene glauben. Darum versteh ich auch viel Geschichten hier nicht, die immer nur auf sofortigen Abbruch der Ehebeziehung zielt, ohne auch auf die Kinder einzugehen.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

Just a minor suggestion, maybe too late now, but maybe use the series name as the title, the story title as the description. Obviously making it clear at the top that it's not a chapter story but a series.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was hard to feel sorry for the guy as he had already cheated on tne wife. But damn…was she a stupid woman.

.

3 ***

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Good story, thanks for writing.

RzcanuckRzcanuck5 months ago

Good story. It is nice to find an average protagonist who uses only what he has available.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice original story. Really deserves 5*

Illustrates how wives can get this crazy emotional attachment that defies reason and end up destroying their marriage. Happened to me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really good story, well written and to the point. I see someoneother is moaning again, not sure why he comments as thats all he ever does.

Frank66Frank665 months ago

Was this a story or a documentary? If it was supposed to be a story, it fell flat. Dry and emotionless- no real love between any of them. Liked the premise, but that's all it was.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Clever plot. Well executed. 5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just a story of two cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I wouldn't compete with anyone for their love, or wait for their decision. The dumb slut did pretty much everything wrong, putting her husband and kids last.. Still, interesting story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle5 months ago

1 star.

Allow me to explain. You made the wife to be as stupid as possible and still able to breathe. She did everything wrong while Kent did everything right and that is unforgivable.

No one does everything right or wrong, it’s usually a combination of both because we’re all winging it through life. Instead of exploring that, we had to read a story where the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

You might as well have saved yourself the effort and just wrote this: wife cheats, husband gets everything, she gets nothing. The end.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hitting HIM with the consequences, not her, that's good thinking. Great story! 5*

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon5 months ago

Quote: "It would have been interesting seeing him getting that telly in the Lotus.  "

Ahh, a Lotus ... so he IS getting punished.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5+++stars.

I see nothing wrong with the husbands actions.

Her CHOICE had CONSEQUENCES!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Alsoasi is obviously an idiot coming from a country where shagging your brother and sister seems to be a common theme

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

3 stars for an average BTB.

However, you lost points because the idiot husband chose to have sex with the SLUT after he had proof she was cheating and in my opinion, that is the worst mistake a husband can make.

I equate it to playing 'Russian Roulette' with the STD FAIRY, gifting you with an incurable disease.

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Not one of your best stories, l have read better from you.

Too formulaic and somewhat disjointed, it just didn’t read and flow smoothly. It was like you didn’t have you heart in the story at all.

Better luck next tale

Scores 2/5

furburger69furburger695 months ago

i loved it a very good yarn!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was really good. What's truly commendable is him keeping a cool, level head, and working through all the options instead of flying off the handle and putting a cricket bat through his face. I think most guys would be so blinded they'd take a violent route (especially knowing the ladies at the market helped and encouraged), but your MC burntTB without having to do any jail time and without any repercussions.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Enjoyable read. I really liked forcing the decision. Thank you for your effort.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I do like that in either situation regardless of her choice that he would divorce her.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Very good story. He handled things very nicely, although I would have preferred using the cricket bat.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I see some US authors are playing amateur lawyer to criticize the story. While I don't have any idea what weight the parents ' agreement in the petition would have in the UK , it is simply wrong to dismiss it in the US. An agreement by the parents on custody would not be dispositive, but it would carry substantial weight. When combined with the mother's neglect during the her affair, the father would have an excellent chance at custody. As for her claiming that she was "distraught" when she signed and that it should be disregarded, a court would likely think she's trying to retrade the deal she made. That's not a good look. If she claims she didn't know what was in the document, she also isn't helping herself. At best she's saying she didn't bother to read a document that profoundly affects her children. That hardly makes her look like a responsible mother. At worst, it would appear she's perjuring herself. So, yes, the best interest of the children is the standard, but the fact that the father was apparently the primary caregiver for the children during the affair; that she was relatively uninvolved with the children during the affair, and that she signed a document giving the father custody puts the father in a very strong position.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She chose... Poorly.

Damn, why does it work better here than it did in the movie?

flatcar44flatcar445 months ago

Great TV shows referenced.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Clever way to handle the betrayal

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

I loved how you made this work, really good plot, so different from the normal,

Huedogg2Huedogg25 months ago

i don't get you fucking a slut that has fucked you over. one last time......you can lick my nutz one last time...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Turn Kim into a love in maid and part time how with no fidelity obligations to

chasbo38chasbo385 months ago

Wife starts out saying her love is going to leave town in five months and then will come back to her husband as if nothing had happened. Then she chooses to leave her husband to go to the same guy who is going out of town in five months. So unless she can persuade the lover to take her with him she winds up with no one to love ? Had to believe she is this illogical.

BSreaderBSreader5 months ago
Interesting

Story

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit5 months ago

He handled it all perfectly. Well done.

Chimo1961Chimo19615 months ago

Well done sir. You wrapped her up in regret and she can live with it. 5

Xzy89c1Xzy89c15 months ago

End marriage immediately. U do not compete for your wife

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Score one for the husband as he out smarted them both . She was just a whore and would definitely cheat again anyway because if he took her back choosing him she would be confident that he always would. Also the forbidden fruit cheaters logic is the fucking is great when sneaking and cheating even if it’s mostly perception. I know a friend that alway went after the married ones with kids and especially the older ones. He said they are most eager to please , you can tell them all the younger girls are doing this and they just go with it to add to the cheating but acting like the girls his age . He said every married woman he fucked he had them rimming his asshole, fucking their ass, wild aggressive deep throating with cock/ face slapping, facials and definitely swallowing. He even talked one into a dp with a guy he went to college with . . She was riding him when this jacked up 6’4” black linebacker with a fat huge cock slide up her lubed up ass . He said they destroyed her for hours on heavy viagra. He said the guy was pounding up her ass fingers pulling her head back in both sides of her mouth saying he loves fucking raciest white married bitches up the ass. He said they finished off the dp by him fucking her as the guy strattled her face having her as he told her worship his ass balls and cock which she did then he gently arched her head off the mattress and throat fucked her cumming all over her face. He did say she was pissed and said never again like that and the guy knew two of her three kids . She thought he was discreet but everyone knew he was fucking her but as far as I remember her family never found out

looking4itlooking4it5 months ago

I think I like the idea behind the series and thank you for being up front about it. I don’t know I will like them all but I believe I’ll look forward to each one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

great story... great series idea!

i do hope future installments will be under the title 'you get to choose' (ChX) so i don't miss them.

and as an old man i have to copy to a viewer i can then zoom up and it doesn't interfere with the read but at the end of every line you've got three boxes, which i don't see on other works.

if that's my biggest peccadillos it's a winner... keep them coming!

RA

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Amazing BTB!!! Thank you!!! Sweet, impactful, and satisfying. Unlike some other garbage ones, this one traded off a slightly shittier (past cheating) hubby, for willingness to take the bitch back. I usually downvote EITHER of those 2 items, but combined in this story, they somehow worked to restore the balance. Well deserved 5 stars.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

@Huedogg2 - think of that last fuck as just employing a hooker. He already paid for her, so he was enjoying meaningless sex. That, or he was getting that whole BS "closure" thing that people usually blab about >;)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed it. It might not have been exactly to his plan, but he got the house, the kids, and the grandparents and she got nothing. Nice BTB. Her lover didn't want the family, only to have sex with her without having to hide it. That's why he left without her.

This was well written and a little different take on things. Sure it was still a cuckold story, but in the end the husband wasn't going to let it continue and divorced her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sadly 4 stars is all I gave you on this story . You lost star for him having sex with her again . I hope other think STD''s .I was asked why i didn't mess up my ex wives boyfriend . To be honest he wasn't worth it

oldmanbill69oldmanbill695 months ago

True love (oops) i mean true life ! LOL !

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A different take on a popular theme. Unfortunately, despite his protestations of love, the husband seemed to have an air of detachment throughout the whole process. Perhaps some emotion, one way or another, could have made things more realistic? And having one last screw just illustrates the point - one might expect it if he did love her, in which case he'd probably be visibly upset by the situation or, if he didn't love her, he'd probably have no interest after what she'd put him through (whatever she looked like). I hope that's as constructive as I intended - I enjoyed the story, all that came after I began to analyse it!

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

GREAT STORY!!!

parenthesisparenthesis5 months ago

Thanks I enjoyed this. But I really wish he'd taken the trouble to put some effort into introducing asswipe to his cricket bat!

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

sbrooks103x

Just a minor suggestion, maybe too late now, but maybe use the series name as the title, the story title as the description. Obviously making it clear at the top that it's not a chapter story but a series.-

That would work ONLY if it was ALWAYS 24 hours to decide. Which may not always be possible.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Bloody great story mate! The Shelia got her comeuppance! 5 stars.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A truly solid man. Unless he loses his back bone, there is absolutely no way back for her. She blew that bridge with her decision and twice more when she wanted to be taken to his place, then realized she'd been had, panicked and wanted her fallback position. Even better, her family supported the MC.

The part, at the end, where he vaguely entertained taking her back is nonsense, he'd always be sond best to her and he'd always have to worry if she's cheating.

Nonsense tropes like that need to be excluded. For me, this story lost a star.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved it though I would have liked to have had the clown suffer a bit of physical destruction as well. 5

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox3 months ago

The MC are the pussy of a woman who just told him she was fucking another man?? I will NEVER understand cream pie loving guys.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A man can love more than one woman. Polygyny has been successfully practiced throughout history.

A woman cannot love more than one man. She will always reject the first if she chooses another. Polyandry has never been successful. It’s contrary to human nature.

Because of hypergamy, women will share a high status man. Men don’t share women they care about. Fratbro gangbangs of sluts don’t lead to relationships in the real world.

A man who wants sex every day married to 3 women who each want sex twice a week equals a happy family. The other way around equals misery, probably leading to death.

ZK

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Well done! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING STARS!

ForensicFossilForensicFossil3 months ago

Baseball Bat and Cricket Bat???

The husband keeps wishing he had brought his cricket bat to whale on lover boy, who is armed with a baseball bat when the husband comes to his rental house.

Sorry, but no. In no universe do some people in a town have cricket bats and others baseball bats.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLJA644@LJA644
I have asked Denham Forrest if I could use his words as I fully agree with them, for those of you who have not heard of him he is here. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=998438 he is also 'The Wanderer' I understand that some people do not enjoy my storie...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES