3 Crushes and a Wedding Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bi_cathy
bi_cathy
1,087 Followers

"Here, sent." She put her phone down just as mine beeped twice in my pocket.

She observed me, expectantly, and as had been the case in the past, I couldn't decipher her expression. I could read every one of her moods and thoughts about anything and everything, but when it came to her feelings -- or lack thereof -- toward me, I always drew a blank. Was I her friend, her old acquaintance, her long-lost crush, her potential lover? I couldn't tell. I could never tell. It was high time we used actual words so I knew where I stood.

Not right at this moment, though. The breakfast room was getting emptier by the second and we had to join Emily and Kay to help with the day's logistics.

I nodded toward the door, "Shall we?"

She cleared our table while I took my phone out to double check that the message was hers. She'd sent the writer's name and the book title, then below that was another text saying, "I really missed you."

I stared at the screen for a few seconds, unable to tear my eyes away from those four words. What did they mean? What did any of this mean?

"You ready?" She tapped me on the shoulder and I flinched. Her eyes briefly landed on my phone but she averted them. "Funny how some things are easier to say in texts these days, isn't it?"

I gulped. I wanted to answer her. I wanted to tell her I missed her too, to explain how many times I'd looked for her, to admit my feelings for her, to just spill out my hopes and dreams to her, but I wasn't sure, maybe I'd misinterpreted everything. I had been prone to that in the past. So I smiled weakly and stayed mum, not wanting to make a fool of myself with another unwarranted confession.

We walked out of the restaurant in silence but I managed to bump my arm into hers a few times. The shiver it provoked in me helped keep my obsessive thoughts in check.

bi_cathy
bi_cathy
1,087 Followers