All Comments on '48 Hours on Blue Bayou Pt. 40'

by Carole99

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Cindy1001Cindy1001over 6 years ago
Contemplations

What I like in particular about this episode are the contemplations on what is the essence of being a slave. Well written, as usual. Couldn't disagree more with the previous commentator.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This story is so disjointed for me, I cannot follow it fully. I can understand that some people are naturally submissive, but there should still be a level of fundamental respect for all human beings, and slavery is an essential negation of that. Therefore, I find it impossible to have any positive thoughts or reactions to the enslavers, I just cannot respect people who would force other people instead of finding willing submissives. I also find it impossible to buy into this idea of these enslaved women ultimately accepting their position and even rejoicing in doing it well. The whole setup is too demeaning to be acceptable, it just doesn't make sense that they would be so smart and enterprising and at the same time willing to just be owned and told what to do etc. This loss of control etc., all the things that you so aptly described as the essence of enslavement, it's just not something that people could or should have to deal with. I find most of the story quite disturbing precisely for lack of proper fighting and for continuous attempts to justify and rationalize, to the point where it seems to belong more in the BDSM category than here...

Carole99Carole99over 6 years agoAuthor
Dearest crap monkey ;-)

Thanks for your curiously candid comment. You are completely correct about the reduced readership. My competent co-authors, J Spe and Taliesin1 cleverly combined their respective capabilities to craft this chronicle. I have formerly noted that they are following in the footsteps of the famed Freddy Clegg, whose feedback included,

“ The aim: something a bit more than your average bind, bonk and beat fest. The result: hopefully tales you'll find to your taste!” (his fanatic fans are known as ‘Cleggionados,’ a compelling cognomen!)

Julie’s journey, and now Niahm (Neev) details the extensive enslavement empire known as The Enterprises. We are so sorry to have sapped your standards for suggestive smut.

JpmaggersJpmaggersover 6 years ago
Another Enjoyable Chapter

As always I enjoy the series greatly. The writing is skilled and flows well and the erotica is imaginative and well paced. I like Julie and Niamh has really grown on me as a protagonist in her own right.

I liked the scenes with the empress this chaper (or part). The worked well, were focused, hot and we got to see some more Butterfly who always felt (at least to this reader that she should be more involved, offering to Julie somone on a similar level to interact with and be friends with. I guess these days Niamh fills the role mostly, but it was still nice to see her.

I was a bit mixed on the scene of Sally being offered to be let go. On the one side I liked the world building aspect and appreciate the thought put into retirement for slaves. On the other hand, the one time ever and its sprung on you aspect felt a little ... grim. Especially after Julie threatens Dagmar earlier that if slaves stop being valuable they can be easily executed (I'm also really not a fan of that point, it was brought up in one of the very first chapters and felt way too snuff-ey for my liking however realistic it is).

I really liked Niamh's character progression this chapter and the fill in regarding Master Harri, that was a nice touch and I'd love to see something progress between the two of them. Same goes for the Igor and Julie stuff, though I have to admit I'd like to see more of the two of them together. Though I do take slight issue of how settiging them both up with love interests (at least thats how it feels) does sideline their actual master.

There were a couple of things I wasn't a massive fan of. First, the Harry at the opera stuff seems like something that was built up only to resolve as a bunch of nothing and a massive coincidence that Niahm knows him personally (Ireland isn't that small). The second is, there just feels too many extraneous slave girls, especially as we don't seem to POV as much anymore. I adore Julie and Niamh has really grown on me. But, Dagmar and Sally and the other girl who came in with Dagma and all the number slaves (which still seems so harsh when Dagmar who seems so rude gets to keep her name), it just feels a bit jumbled. As a reader I come to learn about the protagonists story and sometimes the protagonists seem to get a little swamped. Especially something I've noticed over the last 2 or 3 chapters is we get given conversations had by Charles or Martin or Edward. That's not something I'm a fan of, I prefer those characters, what they know and their motivations to be mysterious, only gleaned on by what our POV characters learn. Though all of what I've listed in this paragraph is certainly a preference.

Overall another good chapter, curious where it'll lead. As always, hope Julie and Niamh have a happy ending in all of this :D

5/5 stars

(P.S. Sorry I got to this one a little later than normal, work has been brutal)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
boring

1 star only

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 stars!!!!

NOT boring!!!! What's boring is the asshole of LIT, dear Annony, commenting!!!!

Carole99Carole99over 6 years agoAuthor
Dear anon 5 stars,

Thank you for your interest! Feel free to pm with suggestions for future story lines. This series may not be for everyone, but we have a loyal fan base. Thank You! Part 41 is coming soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous