All Comments on '6-4=3'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 128 Comments
TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Good story. Not quite enough pathos for me in regards to Sandy, who obviously went off the deep end. Ryan, for his part was always a scumbag right up until the end but I felt like Sandy was just damaged goods who let people use her and got in over her head. The sad thing is, with as much as she loved Ben, if she had told him about her past and they had gotten her help, it probably never would have happened. Just goes to show - there should be no secrets in a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great read. Might have been a little more interested in the psychosis of Sandy there especially more towards the end. I felt like I wanted a couple more sentences or paragraphs on her unraveling. Would be interesting to know if she had gotten a final conversation with Ben in, could she have gotten help or any sense of self awareness before becoming a stone killer ?

Harvey8910Harvey89104 months ago

This was a great story, full of twists and turns, and it is a five-star story, for sure. It seems like in the end the good guy wins which I love in a good story. Very well-written and very entertaining. Great job!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I enjoyed the story very much, as I do most of StangStar’s work, but I do have one negative criticism.

I understand why she was talking to someone on social media, because she didn’t have a very happy marriage, but he was not in the same position when the story started.

Fortunately, it all worked out for this couple, but connecting inappropriately with people on social media has been the bane of many a marriage.

Just sayin….

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

Reading some of the comments was almost as much fun as reading the story, which I enjoyed very much, five stars worth. Like a lot of commenters, I wish that Tabitha and Joe Bob could have got back together, after all he also cheated on her. There was one bit that had me confused for a while, when Ryan went to see Mel after the restraining order, he was in the house trying to sweet talk Melanie. How did he get in with the locks being changed and why didn't she call the police on him?

Well, there were a lot of fucked up people in this story and some of them got what they deserved.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing. Wish you were still writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

All your stories have a steno pool. Steno pools haven’t been a thing since the PC was invented in 1981.

McDingelMcDingelabout 1 year ago

5th year of High School... LOL!

Xanada98Xanada98about 1 year ago

Not your usual…. More like Just Plain Bob squared…

A big shaggy dog story….

Oh well, I’ll continue to hope for better from you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

We'll be sure to tell your husband you'd forgive him if he impregnated another woman, and screwed a bunch more, all while you were adoring him and working your ass off for him, AngelRider. I mean, you're not immature or anything, are you? Far less a hypocrite, right? So you'll be just fine with it, I'm sure.

.

I felt bad for Tabitha too, but "poverty, poor upbringing, and poor education" are not an excuse for the grave she dug herself. I grew up poor, with poor upbringing, and I'm a highschool dropout. I know others worse off than me. None of us would do what she did. All of us would happily tar and feather her for doing it. It's not just men who despise cheating sluts, regardless of the sex organs that slut happens to possess. Decent women do too.

.

Reconciliation is nice and all, but if "judgemental men who (have scars from infidelity)" piss you off more than pedophiles and child rapists...there's something deeply, deeply wrong with you.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Sandy is a very broken toy. In many of these stories, it amazes me just how evil some of these loving spouses can be. In this one not so much so many broken people, some just stupid or lazy but in all actual personalities with their own share conflicting emotions and, like we all do to some degree, some self gaslighting. We all have some dichotomy of emotions we are able to hold onto without it revealing to ourselves that we are the bad guy in someone else's story even if we don't see it that way, it is. thax for a great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story. Would have liked it better if Tabby and Joe got back together.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Just

Couldn't finish it. ????

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sandy has serious psychological problems rooted in relationships before Ben. I feel bad that she got roped into this stupid fuck Greg to help Betty arrangement. That was dumb. Then oher guys got involved by observation and blackmail. It is odd because it is hard to say she did it for the sex. She barely got off on the four guys let alone Gregg by himself while Ben turned inside out while making love. Maybe it started to help Betty, got out of control but she used it to get prepared in her own mind to Ben. Of course she is a headcase, but sad to see she got used and manipulated by assholes. But no reconciliation was possible. Heck this author doesn't even let the cheating spouse to the victim spouse almost ever. Ryan was just a jerk and a tool. Good to see Ben and Melanie end up happy together. Would have been more interesting and gray if Sandy got sucked into a blackmail scheme and it made it harder to dump Sandy. Oh well. This author seems to like when the wives cheat they have thressomes and gangbangs. Just an observation.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

I rank this as the author’s worst. None of the interwoven tales was interesting.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

I actually feel bad for Tabitha and Sandy. Sandy was damaged goods and likely a sex addict. I have no doubt she did love her husband. Tabitha was a product of profound poverty, poor upbringing and poor education. It's no wonder her priorities got completely screwed up and required her hitting rock bottom to realize what she had done. Of all the couples, they could have reconciled. Nothing pisses me off more than judgemental men who walk around acting all superior when it comes to shaming other men who dare to forgive cheating. They act like it's somehow more masculine, more "alpha." It's not. It's really evidence of deep insecurity, and low self esteem. It's also terribly immature.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hey SeekingEva, did you know that many people still have memories of 30 years ago, and it’s legit to write about them…just because you still stink of piss doesn’t mean that some of us love stories about the days of steno pools. You really have no idea what business was like then, abuse you were probably 10 years away from being born.

No matter what they call them, you will always be a steno.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fun read like a soap opera. Even with the violence, degradation, and tragedy I found it very funny because the villains were so stupid, egotistical, and self absorbed. Couldn’t feel sorry for them. Humorous over the top mellow drama. Enjoyed it.

SeekingEvaSeekingEvaabout 2 years ago

Reply:

Anonymous9 months ago

You mention steno pools in a lot of your stories. Are you 95? Steno pools haven’t been a thing in 30 years.

Actually, steno pools ARE still a thing, it's just modern types call them temp agencies or some other name. Steno pool is just one of a million names for the support staff that get shuffled around as needed and are almost universally the modern Personal Assistants we used to call secretaries. We don't call them automobiles much anymore, but there's still plenty of cars on the road, dumbass.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

I’m glad I hung in there and kept reading. The story was plodding along at the beginning and seemed to be going nowhere but since I often fault writers for not enough character development so I waited. I still think there was extra filler but it is nevertheless a very good well written story. After I got into it I could see I needed the extra side bars to understand the ending. Unlike many here I had some sympathy for Bens wife/ex; though it was all her fault. I just did not see her character with the level of hatred to kill someone. Attack yes but essentially beat to death no. Ending in a mental facility for heavy duty therapy yes but the beating she stooped to no. Ben and Mel deserves happiness they were denied. I’m not sure Ryan was properly hurt and humbled but good start. Tabby got what she deserved but I’d like to she and Joe Bob reconcile for the kids as well as them. I know that makes me appear dumb but in the great scheme of things I believe it is the best outcome for the 6 of them.

I thought the plan for the gangbangers to pay Sandy’s “alimony” was ingenious. Loved that little touch. She should have used it to move on and find her a second rate Ben. Alas she was just too stuck on herself

Thanks for a super story. John

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

What an As s anon is saying u have to make American cars. When could you buy a world class car made in America. Aren't_they all made in Europe. Long winded and predictable.. 3*

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

A bit too long for me, as well as convoluted. I anticipated the end too early. So only four star, because after all it was interesting reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A Mercedes is NOT the best.If you buy German then you aren’t much of an American.There’s only cars for Americans and they are American made.How shallow are these people that only concern themselves with what people think.I have a Mustang and I only want Mustangs.Best damn assed cars on the planet.

Good story too.😂😂

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzalmost 3 years ago

Stang does it again! Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You mention steno pools in a lot of your stories. Are you 95? Steno pools haven’t been a thing in 30 years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have enjoyed so many of ss06 stories and had hoped to read another first class tale. I feel disappointed with the characters. Nobody has taken the high road and all of them even the protagonist are morally corrupt.

BabalooieBabalooieabout 3 years ago

Great story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
My opinion

Great story! Although she actually done it for sex, she blew her marriage and the lifestyle she been accustom to. She is self center whore who I believe pretends to be in love with Ben. Some may argue she may even love Ben, you maybe correct, But I only see her as a whore and a cheating skank with a delusion that she is ln- love with Ben. I also strongly believe that Melanie is god send to Ben and the same for Ben to Melanie. What started as emotional support from friends online blossom to a loving, equal supporting monogamous relationship/marriage.

HKL BTB fan and sometimes RAAC if circumstances is right,

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Great story! Loved it! Would have loved to see Tabitha and Joe Bob reconcile a bit more for a better future; but I have my hope for them. Maybe a story about those two?!?! Thank- you for your writing! Very entertaining and enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sandy ruined it for me

It was good, but sandy issues and personality was my breaking point. Of all the characters she felt the most messed up but not totally worthless. Even when Ben had his revenge it felt to cruel. It’s loving wives, your suppose to pay for your crimes. Sandy was broken I felt she just got the psycho rap. Ben was just as psycho for his turn around. I still feel like she should have been giving some type of redemption. Over love your style and was total captivated. Honestly was holding out for some way for sandy to survive.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Awesome!

Guilty are punished, the good folks live happily ever after. Great story

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Karma.

I love a good karma story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
confusing

Since i do this semi-professionally. Please note, you displace the proper names of the characters in several places. Where "Ben" should be listed, the name "Ryan" is placed - etc.

You attempted to write a nice compound/complex story but only confused yourself. I see the lure of becoming one of the "greats" (as you kindly mention), but maybe let us call this a one off and go on writing about cars and leave the romance to others more qualified (humor - sorry). Nice try nonetheless, but useless in the end as I wasn't entertained.

Smokepole

It takes a lot more than a Ford to get us northern Michiganers riled - gimme my HEMI!

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

The comments condemning Melanie for cheating are amusing.

She had been married to Ryan for 10 years and dated him for a couple more years before that, and the asshole had cheated on her constantly that entire time. The poor woman was heartbroken by his infidelity, but he'd also been neglecting her for over a decade. When she caught Ryan cheating again after forgiving him before, she finally snapped and couldn't take any more.

Melanie even tried to give Ryan an incredibly generous divorce settlement so that she could move on with her life, but the asshole insisted on dragging it out for as long as possible. He deserved everything she did to him in the hotel room and far worse. She could have just spoken to her father and had Ryan removed from her life... so he was very lucky he didn't get hospitalised.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Weregilt

I loved it, get your revenge by doing good and have a great life, it worked for me.

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
Bull shit

That smug bitch, Ben, and that old rich bastard would have been buried alive in the same grave...pussy ass Weak writer.. Yeah yeah yeah you guess it I’m a very sore loser. Now someone rewrite this with the mess the expected ending. Sorry writer but enough is enough 😂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Claps, Claps, Claps.....

Wonderful !!!!! Thank you.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Loved it

One of the best storues on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bang! Bang!

Great read.

A good decent man loves the devil, takes a while find out about her, tells us all about how he feels & exacts appropriate punishment.

Take Five

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story, bad ending

I was completely on Ben and Mel's side until the ending. After pulling that shit in the hotel room my image of both of them changed. They are also scum whom I could not respect. I would love to see Ryan stick it to them somehow, or something bad happen to the two of them and I know Ryan is an asshole!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'd drop all of them in an instant if it ever threatened my marriage and they all knew that,

And yet, if it wasnt a threat to her marriage why did she need to hide it from her husband?

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 6 years ago
@kinkyleo7274

He’s posting on http://www.storiesonline.net

Decent website, not as much feedback as here, but the flamers and the anonymous comments aren’t really out there for all to see. Also, harder for people to plagiarize from him.

kinkyleo7274kinkyleo7274about 6 years ago
What other site is Stang posting

What is this other site that Stang is posting nowadays?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dear Chief,

Stang chose to leave the site some time ago. I'm not sure I remember if he explained his reasons. But you can find him on the other site, where I read a newer story of his just last week.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Overall a fine story

It got a little confusing at first as new characters came on stage and I went back and reread a few pages to sort it out.

It has been a long time since this once very prolific author published a story. I hope he will again post one on Lit and that he is in good health.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 6 years ago
Romance?

I had to stop and walk away from my laptop for a while, I just couldn't stop laughing at that extra free pack of balogna, other than that the whole story is just more of the same crap I keep reading here, only longer and more characters, cheater get caught and divorced, victim finds somebody else and ends up with the prettiest person alive and more money than they can spend in two lifetimes. cheater winds up broke and alone wondering what went wrong. and then you just rushed the ending leaving more questions than answers. So who was the cheater here? It seems like Melanie had been in this affair a lot longer than what you're trying to make us believe. how could she be in love with somebody she only knew online? and before the divorce is final she's moved in with him and gotten pregnant. The ending just didn't make sense at all. you tried to paint Ben as a man of high morals, yet he didn't have a problem fucking another mans wife while the husband was restrained. and the wife was no better. if she did that to Ryan. What will she do to Ben when she tires of him also? Ryan should had let Melanie release the tape, that way he could show that the wife that had been playing the martry was actually a cheat and sued the hack out of them for unlawful restraint to add to the rest of the charges. Actually you made her out to be worse than Ryan. And Ben turned out not to be the nice guy you had started with.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 6 years ago
Third string and never played in high school

He is second string in college. Right. Could not keep going after that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Little Confusing at First

Long story but worth it. I admit I was confused at first the swapping of the story between couples but after the first 3 or 4 pages realize what was going on and put it all together. I loved how Melanie turned from a beaten down rug into a beautiful Amazon. I love what happen to Ryan also, he was moving up to his potential. Greg and Sandy got their just rewards. Betty ended up far better off also. The one thing I would of changed if not for Tabitha's sake but for Joe Bob's was that all the children were actually Joe Bob's and even if this goes against "BTB" that the part where Tabitha thought they could go back to school and make something of themselves and really become a family happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@saxonheart

SaxonHeart I don't know about that for the last several years Michigan's starter wouldn't have made Ohio States 3 string :)

O-H-I-O

A Buckeye's Fan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@bachenbachdoggy

Sure there is

LOOK INTO A MIRROR

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 7 years ago
There is no such thing

as a "retarded kid". Edit that comment out if you have any integrity whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
my only issue

Stang, the only issue I have with this is there is no way a third string quarterback that never took a snap would ever sniff a college locker room. Other than that awesome story.

Saxon Hart

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
sicknesses

Nymphomania can cause problems.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
All The Cheaters Expected More Than They Deserved

There is ALMOST a feeling of sympathy for the three cheaters; then I remember what they did to cause them all to lose great treasures in exchange for a crappy life. Then I think, 'There are a lot of sad people in this world...people with children with cancer...or a pregnant woman with no means of support...or a homeless veteran'...then I realize, 'At least these cheaters deserve to have their lives destroyed.'

rabbitreaderrabbitreaderover 8 years ago
Great Read!

This is the first of the story's of StangStar06 that I've read. The author has some real talent and I'm looking forward to reading more of his work. I like sexy stories, but so many have no plot. This one had it aced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great read but someone had to have known a real ASSHOLE to write this well.

I have never known someone as reprehensible as Ryan. Either you are a very good writer or you knew someone with as shitty a personality as Ryan, a user/looser. As a trained psychoanalyst, I don't understand the personality of Ben's ex-wife. If Ben was as good for her as the story line stated, she wouldn't/shouldn't have done the cheating she blamed on her college experiences. I'll have to read more stories to see StangStar06 is THAT good a writer.

cloudwolf0983cloudwolf0983over 8 years ago
I agree about Joe bob

Guy deserved a better deal, maybe he could have ended up with Betty...I know it's a small stretch, but hey...I'm going for the Hollywood ending here..good guys get good things

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Maybe it's just me

But if your spouse had an online friend, that you knew nothing about, for over a year and felt good enough to send them flowers and prop them up when they were feeling down, wouldn't you consider that emotional cheating. I would!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I feel the sadest for Joe Bob.....

Seems like there will be no happy ending for him......Great story otherwise...

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
A Brilliant Story....

and very well told.

I've really liked all of Stang's stories that I've read so far.

Does this makes me a bad person.........?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

The part about ryans lawyer talking all that shit and foghorning it was funny as hell.

I enjoyed this one immensly.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 9 years ago
Still

A great story, even the second time around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Your great stories

I really enjoy the way you have consequences in your stories.

So many writers on this site are:

Oh honey I know I cheated honey and let you eat me just after another man fucked me and had you raise another mans baby. But Im sorry let's get back together in a romantic way k ?

I get so tired of sordid fouled relationships being rationalized as romantic forgiveness

instead of what they are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
DAMN YOU!!! SS06!

I get da whole ideo of da wife hating/disliking the MUSTANG but it's always "a stupid CAR","a fucking CAR" or some othr shit.I just jumpd from page 6 to right here JUST TO VENT myself.I do feel that those lines a bit Real&might have occurred to you in real life but us OTHER Enthusiasts of Good 'ole MUSCLE CARS would APPRECIATE it if u stop using dat term.Thank you. Now I gotta head back2page6&finish this!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
you left one out

"There are some really great writers out there who've shown me all of the tricks of the divorce game. Guys like C-Pete, HueDogg, Rehnquist and DQS1 know these things inside and out."

and StangStar06?

it has to be true, after all, . . . . .

JackallsJackallsover 9 years ago
Longer ain't better

I understand theneed for a longer story. Usually that means that a lot is going on. However the story you've written could easily do without 6 of the twelve pages. Longer means more action or more boredom. Unfortunately your story belongs to the latter category. Know your limitations or put more action in it.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
no one

can write a story so convoluted and with multiple stories going on. Thanks for the excellent submission

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
I Don't Know...

I don't really know why but I liked this story. Bad people lost, good people won. It was a little simplistic but it was a fun read. By the by, did anyone notice Tabatha's line, "...I'd been in love with Joe Bob since my fifth year of high school..." Fifth year???

I really had a chuckle over that one.

Keep Writing and Thank You for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
yugos are better, than ford trucks,

cause they ain't assembled in MEXICO, same as crappy bow tie trucks.

next up...made in china.

OH, liked the story tale very mucho

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Liked it alot

Great story !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I really REALLY enjoyed this story....

....right up until Melanie had sex with Ben against his wishes and I was terribly disappointed when she handcuffed her husband and made him watch her with Ben. A new relationship shouldn't start off with an 'ex' watching his ex-wife making true love with her new man. That was just wrong.

But until then, I really enjoyed the story!

As a side note to piss off Stang and all his car washing and waxing, I have washed my truck once in the past 12 years.....heh.....

saratusaratuabout 10 years ago
I didn't like it.

Usually I enjoy your writing, but when they get drug out as much as this one, it just gets uninteresting in a hurry. 1* or less.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

The actions of Melanie and Ben with Ryan seemed very out of character. Thanks for the offering.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Best.......Story........Ever!!!!!!

Great story. I loved every page. It was worth the long read!!!!

jezzazjezzazover 10 years ago

Dude, your stuff is awesome.

How do you have the discipline to churn it out so much?

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WHEN DOING MATHEMATICS

never forget the carry-overs. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Hey Olded, is that really you're name? You're just as anonymous as the rest of us. If SS06 doesn't want anon comments he doesn't have to allow them.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Good math works -

It did this time -

As always a good story with an important point to take away with you -

A couple of places where the names got confused - the one noted earlier about Melanie and Sandy and a spot where Ben turned into Ryan - but that happens.

The rambling comment has some validity but is not so much a problem as the device you used to tell the story from multiple angles so similar ground was re=walked to show the alternate perspectives - I happened to like it that way.

More is always wanted from you and thank you for all you have given us -

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Difficult read

I ended up skipping chapters first read as this story wandered all over the place. I did reread fully and found it disjointed.

Characters changed emotionally with little to no reason development behind them. I needed a roster to keep track of who was who based on character development as it did not align to their names or proposed roles.

Could have been a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Seriously Bad People

A lot of seriously bad people and probably the worst is Ben

He had been betraying emotionally long before his wife betrayed physically

OLDEDOLDEDover 11 years ago
Nobody

Forces anyone to read any story written here.

If you have a comment---Good---OR---Bad.

At least have the courage to sign your name.

Good story, Fun read

Thanks

ED

maxx308maxx308over 11 years ago
Fantastic story

Thanks for sharing SS06, your stories are always a pleasure to read.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 11 years ago
Another Good One

As usual, Stang, this is a good, well-developed story. Good plot and another happy(/) ending--at least for 2 people. 2 things--Melanie turned into Sandy once during that first "naked dinner", and I'll email you about the other.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
To read it is not obligatory

@ Dear Anon I write my comments for my pleasure and if you feels like boring DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
DUNA ... the difference between YOU and Harryin VA is that

Harry's posts and analysis are never the same. I had been reading Harry's reviews and feedback for a couple of years and honestly ...I have no idea what he is going to say about ANY story. From my point of view the guy is totally unpredictable and it is that aspect of him which is what makes his reviews somewhat different . Even though sometimes his e spelling is atrocious (and one could make the case that the guy is bipolar) Harryin VA brings something new to the table almost every time he posts in the feedback section . And I think for that reason there are often a lot of comments about Harry's comments.

YOU on the other... are predictable dull and boring. Often I fall asleep reading your feedback/ reviews. And if you bother to take a look around you would see that very few people actually end up talking about any sort of feedback / review that YOU ..Duna... has ever posted.

hoosier76hoosier76over 11 years ago

While at first I had a hard time going from one person/circumstance, I easily adapted to the flow because of your writing ability. I disagree with an earlier comment though, I liked and (if you will) was routing for the right things to happen to Melanie and Ben.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
GOOD READ

GOOD READ

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
No One To like

Mustang man, you were correct when you said there is no one to like in this story. Personally, I like to identify with the main character. This story was hard to read.

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago
Variations on a theme

Some good, some bad but all in all variations on a theme. It seems to me that SS06 – although a great writer – is starting to repeat himself. I thus like it when he treads on new ground and changes to other themes, for instance more romantic or other types of story content like the woman being the innocent party in stead of the cheater. This one however is one of the same old mold. But it’s when you leave your standard repertoire of the standard cheating wife/clueless husband that you wrote some of your greatest stories. So keep expanding your horizon! With this I’m not saying it wasn’t good – no SS06 story can be called bad or even mediocre – but it’s not one of your greatest hits.

I thus disagree with Duna and I think that was a faulty comparison. There is a big difference between an author writing a cliché story (Cervantes in the analogy) or one who follows a generally/socially accepted theme, and an author who keeps repeating himself and his own stories. Cervantes, Swift didn’t keep copying the content of their own stories to write new ones. While plagiarism might be the the highest form of flattery, self-plagiarism isn’t.

As to this story I humbly think SS06 should have limited it to the two main story lines and four viewpoints which were excellent. The Tabitha and Joe Bob storyline though was not necessary to the overall story and reads pretty much as an intercalated afterthought. You didn’t flesh out that storyline and it clearly suffers from it. Perhaps it was originally meant to be stand alone/separate story which you didn’t completed but recycled here? It had lots of potential to be an autonomous story but now it seems to be somewhat of a dud.

I agree with Sidney43 as in the fact I too don’t understand why men or women want to automutilate by having ink permanently needled into their skin… and off course later often comes the regret and you’re stuck with it. Plus, depending of the size of the tattoo, society immediately classifies someone with big tattoo’s as a lower class person.

trashmantxtrashmantxover 11 years ago
Five *'s as always

Stupid Ryan

thefranzthefranzover 11 years ago
The next step in your storytelling

Of course there are SS06's trademark "stupid cheating partners" but the multiple viewpoints were done very well and blended seamlessly. You are surely getting better. A great read.

dbdukedbdukeover 11 years ago
Only One Word

"OUTSTANDING"!!!!!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

the master of the stupid wife, combined with a stupid husband, is back. a lot of fun. 5

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 11 years ago

Very well written, I liked the intersecting stories and different viewpoints, and nice to see you have the cheating guy's perspective included. Five Stars.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
5 stars.

I gave it 5 Stars, need I say more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
confusing

this was confusing but i still liked it very much

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 11 years ago
Page 9

I have jumped to the end to suggest you check out page nine. I don't know if it can be straightened out now or not but it definitely needs help. Given that I suffer from what is known in polite company as brain flatus, I had to comment swiftly! now, back to the story.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
Good Story

Mustang man, please ignore the anonymouse assholes that read your stories and then slam them. Most of us like most of your stories. Keep em coming.

TheAnonYmousTheAnonYmousover 11 years ago
Bland and insipid..

why write a story when you have nothing new to write about..all of your recent stories have been more or less sharing the the same cheesy plot..you used to be a good and original story teller but recently something seems to have changed....dressing up a dud with snazzy catch phrases, one-liners and corny dialogue doesn't a story make..you need to take a long break and recharge your creative juices

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bit sanctimonious this one

The "heroes" we're already cheaters they just hadn't slept together. Emotional cheating for a year is just as bad as " it's just sex" cheaters.

So no innocents and if anything I felt for Sandy more than any of them. Treated badly, sorted her shit out, slipped, realized the "mistake" and planned to end it, why just once more, and get back on track. Only to have another dickhead keep the pressure on.

Ultimately unsatisfying read - but appreciate the effort, it's more than I could do:-)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous