6R

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Specialized cells, neurons are the basic working unit of the brain, whose function is to transmit information throughout the body using electrical and chemical signals. They send and receive electro-chemical signals to and from the brain and nervous system producing neural activity. There are over 100 billion neurons in the brain. Synapse composed of dendrites and axons, are the contact points where one neuron communicates with another.

Di had a low IQ because of an injury, short circuiting her neural system. I was blessed with an IQ that less than two percent of the population had. What was the causation of the difference? Did my neurons have access to more of my brain?

That was my conviction and I was working toward finding the reason why and how.

I went into Daddy's office and poured two fingers of Jack Daniels, a fine seven year aged Tennessee Whiskey, from his liquor cabinet. I sat at his desk and fired up his computer, which was not, thankfully, password protected.

Surfing the internet, I checked the markets and today's news, while sipping on the whiskey. I set up a file and made some pod notes and some project ideas. I checked the weather. The storm was still on the way carrying, rain, wind, thunder and lightning.              

I checked in on Di, who was still sleeping and went to my room. I took a shower and got into bed with nothing on, having slept in the buff since early teens. I normally did not go to bed to sleep before 11 or 12 but it had been a long, sad, stressful day. The alcohol relaxed me and I drifted off thinking about Di and our future.

A very loud noise made me sit up in bed, startled. Additional lightning strikes immediately followed almost simultaneously, accompanied by sonic booms. I swung my feet to floor, intending to go check on Di. As I reached dresser to get a pair of shorts Di ran into the room. Frightened and trembling she wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging tightly. Still naked I embraced her.

"Everything is alright Baby. It's only a storm. Loud and scary but it won't hurt you, I want let it hurt you," I told her kissing her hair.

Her face was buried in my chest and at 5'4" the top of her head came up to my chin. We stayed that way for a while as the lightning flashed and thunder rolled. When the storm's intensity declined with decreasing electrical activity and noise, I became steadily aware of my state of undress.

I pulled back a little and said, "Let me get dressed and we will get you back in bed."

She clung to me and begged, "Can I sleep here tonight?"

I agreed, "Alright Sugar get in bed."

She allowed me to direct her to the bed and get her settled in.

She reluctantly let me go and looking up at me pleaded, "You going to sleep here too? Please?"

"Yes. Let me get something on."

From the bathroom nightlight's illumination she watched me go to the dresser, retrieving a pair of loose, gray, cotton gym shorts. I put them on and got in bed opposite Di, lying on my side facing her.

She turned on her side scooting over against me as I put my arms around her, holding her close and assured, "I got you. Now go back to sleep, Sugar."

In my embrace her quivering finally stilled, fear and tension draining.

Her face still close to my chest, she murmured, "Hay?

"What Baby?"

"You sleep without any clothes?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I just like it."

"You like it? It feels good?"

"Yes it feels good."

"You like it. Why did you put on shorts?"

"Because we would be sleeping in the same bed."

"I don't mind."

"Shush now and got to sleep."

"Ok Hay, but I like it."

"Shush."

I held her until dreamland claimed her. My arm was asleep so I moved, releasing her. I lay on my back massaging my arm as she involuntarily snuggled close. Resting there, listening to the steady rain lashing the window, I wondered at Di's thoughts and words.

The morning sun, peaking above the horizon, sent beams into my bedroom, waking me. I eased out of bed going to the bathroom to relieve the pressure of my bladder. My morning wood was throbbing. Issue assuaged, I washed my face and hands then got dressed from the closet.

Going back in the bedroom I saw Di was curled up in ball on her side. The covers had slipped off and her T-shirt was around her waist. I pulled the covers over her plump buttocks which were gloriously exposed.

Going to the kitchen I started Di's favorite breakfast, French toast smothered with peanut butter mixed with Karo syrup. I got a cup of strong black coffee from the Keurig to sip while cooking. I cut and soaked brioche bread in a mixture of egg, milk, sugar and cinnamon, while heating a frying pan with a large pat of butter. I turned the oven on to keep the finished toast warm so to have everything ready when Di got up.

I got another cup of coffee and took it on the back porch to enjoy the morning, bright, clean and fresh after last night's storm. I thought it was symbolic and prophetic of Di's and my life. The old day and time, dark, stormy and threatening had passed. A new day and time, shiny, calm and inviting was here.

An hour later I heard, expressed with a good measure of alarm, "Hay?... Hay!? Where are you!?"

"Out here Di."

She came outside still wearing only the t-shirt and sat down close to me.

"Did you sleep well?"

"After I got in your bed," she smiled, taking a deep breath, declared, "The morning smells so good and is so pretty!"

"Often is after a storm. Are you hungry?"

"Yes," she answered rubbing her stomach.

"Good. I made your favorite."

She clapped her hands, standing and exclaimed, "French Toast!?"

"It is warming in the oven," I said, standing taking her hand, "Come on lets eat."

While eating I explained to her Mama and Daddy were gone, in a better place looking down over us. It would only be me and her from now on but I would always be here for her.

I asked if she understood and with a quivering lip she nodded her head. I told her not to worry we were going to have fun. With a hesitant quick smile she again nodded.

"Get dressed, shorts, tennis shoes. We were going on a walkabout like we use to do."

She brightened considerably and asked, "Can we go to the lake?"

"If you want."

"Goody!" She exclaimed, standing, clapping her hands above her head and the t-shirt rose high each time her hands came together, presenting glimpses of her sweet pussy.

"Change while I clean up the breakfast dishes and we will go."

She leaned over and kissed me saying, "I love you Hay," then rushed out of the kitchen.

I was waiting when she returned wearing another T-shirt, this one a pale blue emblazoned with a sports gear logo. She had a pair Daisy Dukes, white socks and sneakers.

She skipped in and pirouetted asking, "Is this ok?"

"Yes Baby it is fine. You look beautiful."

She laughed gaily and encouraged, "Lets go!"

Before we could leave my cell phone rang, an unknown number.

"Hello."

"I'm trying to reach Jules Haynes Vancy?" A professional but honeyed voice asked.

"Speaking."

"Mr. Vancy this is the law office of Ringold and Hubert. Mr. Ringold would like to speak with you. Could you hold please while connect you?"

"Yes."

"Thank you. Just a moment sir."

A click, canned music, then another click and smooth cultured voice said, "Good morning Mr. Vancy. I'm Hugh Ringold, the attorney handling Mary Haynes Vancy and William Jules Vancy's last will and testament. I am sorry for your loss. You have my condolences. They gave me your number to call in the event of their death. Would it be possible for us to meet and go over the details of their estate?"

"Not today but tomorrow would be fine."

"How about 10 am tomorrow? Would that fit your schedule?"

"That will work."

"I will see you then. Have a good day sir. Please bring to forms of identification. Again my condolences. Good Bye," Ringold said and the phone went dead.             

I slipped on a small backpack in which I had placed a several bottles of water, energy bars and an assortment of items which might be needed. I handed Di a set of binoculars and placed another pair around my neck. We headed out and spent the day walking around the property's fields and forests, birdwatching and looked at wildflowers.

At the lake we took the canoe out and floated around until the evening shadows lengthened. Di loved these outings but especially on the lake. Growing up it had been a regular event but had been a while since we had enjoyed the natural beauty of the grounds.

As we were docking the canoe she suggested we go swimming but I pointed out we did not have any swimsuits.

"Lets wait till we get back to the house and then we can change and take a dip in the pool. Ok."

"I guess."

"Race you back," I said and took off along the running track.

"No fair," She yelled and started off behind me.

She soon took the lead and kept it. I let her but only barely. After the initial sprint we settled into a marathon based pace. Arriving back at home, winded, Di did not stop, but continued on to the pool and dove in. I watched as she arrowed under the water before surfacing.

Bobbing in the water she called, "Come on in Hay."

"Let me get some trunks. I won't be but a minute," I told her entering the pool house.

I hurriedly changed into trunks and grabbed a couple towels and went back outside. Di was gliding underneath the water again toward the shallow end of the pool and when she stood in water that came to mid-thigh I saw she had removed her clothes.

"Di you're naked."

"Can't swim well in them," She said with a dazzling smile.

The golden rays of the setting sun formed a halo around her, giving the appearance of a goddess. Her body was perfection, tanned, firm, smooth and rounded.

"Catch me if you can." She laughed, splashing water at me and turned diving back under.

We played tag for fifteen minutes with me never getting closer than a finger trailing along her sculpted calf. I may have had the edge on her in running but was not in her league swimming.

I finally stopped at the deep end and grasping the pool curb, told her, "I give."

She swam up and paddling just keeping her head above water, declaring, "I win!"

"Yes you do."

"What do I win?"

"Dinner with me tonight."

"Oh boy!"

"I will grill some steaks."

"Yummy!"

"Dry off. There's a towel at the other end. Take a shower and dress while I get the grill going."

"Ok," she replied, and swam to the edge beside me and pulled herself out of the pool.

She stood looking at me with water running down her lovely body and asked, "Ice cream after?"

"Yes Sugar, ice cream afterward."

With a laugh she turned, bent down and grabbed her wet clothes, giving me a close view of her pretty peach and puckered rose between plump mounds. Straightening she skipped to the house.

I stayed in the pool a few minutes, waiting for my raging erection to subside. When it showed evidence of doing that I emerged.

Chapter 2

After drying off and changing back into my earlier outfit I went to the patio and got the gas grill going. In the kitchen I turned the oven on and grabbed the two New York Strips I had left to thaw that morning. It didn't take long for the steaks to cook to a medium rare and as they rested, I placed several Parker House rolls in the hot oven and started constructing a simple salad.

By the time I was sitting the patio table Di arrived. Her fine corn silk hair dry and dressed in short sleeveless shift that had small white diamond designs against an indigo blue. We sat down and ate in the cool evening breeze as dusk turned to night.

"This is good!"

"Thank you. Can you cook?"

"Mama showed me how to make toast, but did not want me to do it by myself."

"We'll teach you."

"Goody!"

I was an accomplished cook, maybe not enough skill, talent or experience to be called a chef but had a large and diverse repertoire to draw from. Mama had been an excellent cook and allowed me to help her and tutored me. In college I continued cooking in my dorm's small kitchen and then later in my own place.

I needed to prepare Di, to be able to support herself in the event something happened to me. An unlikely scenario, but a possibility, which needed to be addressed. With available delivery services, via the internet, Amazon, etc., all she would need or want could be deposited on the door step. Once there she would need to be able to make use of them. Teaching her some simple cooking techniques was a start.

I dimmed the lights and we moved to a yard swing. She curled up with her head in my lap as we watched the stars in the clear night sky. A bright shooting star streaked across the black panorama of white sparkling points.

"Did you see that?" she excitedly asked, sitting up, pointing.

"A shooting star. They are not really stars but are meteors, bits and pieces of interplanetary rocks or debris. When they come close Earth's gravity grabs and pulls them into the atmosphere. Their speed and friction cause them to burn, lighting up the night sky."

"Wow! Pretty!"

"You know what they say?"

She shakes her head and I tell her, "When you see a shooting star, say, 'Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight: I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight.' Then make a wish. Don't say it out loud or tell anyone what you wish. This old rhyme is rumored to make your wish come true. If you're willing to open your mind to the possibility of magic in the universe, wishing upon a shooting star is a way of strengthening your aspirations."

"OH! I hope there's another one! I believe!"

"A possibility as there is seldom just one meteor. Watch the sky and think about your wish."

She continued to sit up looking at the sky for several minutes before returning to her previous position. About ten minutes later a shooting star flashed across the sky.

Di sat up and said, "Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight: I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight."

She was silent for a moment staring straight ahead and then turned me and said, "I believe."

I smiled agreeing, "So do I."

As she looked back at the night sky I asked, "You ready for some ice cream?"

She stood up facing me and declared, "Yes!"

Standing I said, "Lets clear the dinner dishes and we will get some. What flavor do you want?"

"Chocolate!"

We took our bowls of ice cream into the living room and sat on the couch, turning on the TV. I flipped to a channel carrying old shows and we watched a couple episodes of MASH. Our bowls empty, Di lay down on her side on the couch with her head in my lap and I rubbed her hair.

"Sugar I'm got some things that need to be taken care of tomorrow. You think you'll be ok while I'm gone."

She stiffened and raised up, apprehension clouded her pretty face, moaning, "Gone? You are coming back?"

Placing my hand on her cheek I assured, "Yes Baby. It probably won't be more than a couple of hours. I am never going to leave you for a long time. I will always return. I promise. You can stay in your bedroom or in the safe room while I am gone."

Turning her face, kissing my palm, trusting me she conceded, "Ok Hay."

"Good girl Sweetie. I need to go by my old place and pick up my laptop and some clothes. I have an appointment with the attorney handling Mama and Daddy's will. Then I need to go to Mama and Daddy's bank to get a handle on their finances."

She nodded although I was sure she did not grasp the importance of the last two. Even though it was beyond her current comprehension I wanted to establish a foundation from which to build.

"Honey It is been a busy and strenuous day. Why don't you get ready for bed and get some sleep. I'm going to stay up for a while to do some work on the computer. I'll be in later to tuck you in."

"Tuck me in later?"

I nodded and she leaned over kissing me, her lips tasting of chocolate. She stood and headed for her room.

After loading and turning on the dishwasher, I got a whisky. Checking the internet, I made a few notes then closed it down. I sat for a while finishing my drink, reviewing today and thinking about tomorrow.

I stopped off at Di's room. Her light was still on and she was lying in bed, propped up by pillows looking at a Jack & Jill magazine. The bed covers were pulled up so only her arms, shoulders, neck and head were uncovered. I noticed that her shoulders were bare but didn't think much of it.

"Time to go to sleep honey," I said taking the magazine from her hands and laying it on her nightstand. She scooted down in bed and I leaned over and kissed her. This time her lips were minty.

"Good night Sugar. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite."

She giggled, "I don't have bed bugs."

"Well that is great."

"I love you Hay."

"I love you Beautiful."

I left her resting in her bed, cutting off the lights as I exited. The room dimmed, only illuminated by a night light from the bathroom.

Going to my room, I showered and brushed my teeth. Coming out of the bathroom, naked, I saw that Di was in my bed.

I stepped back into the bathroom and called out, "Di what are you doing?"

"Can I sleep here again tonight?"

"You'll be more comfortable in your bed."

"I'm scared."

I decided to get a pair of shorts from the dresser and asked as I made my way over and pulled out a pair, "What are you frightened of?"

"I don't know... Why are you getting shorts? You said you liked sleeping naked."

"Well if you sleep with me I better not be naked." I said, juggling to get the shorts on.

"Why. I am...," She stated, pulling the covers back to show me.

"Why are you naked?" I asked, pulling the shorts up.

"You said it felt good and I wanted to see. It does."

"Ok," I said pulling the covers back over her, "What do you fear?"

"Since Mama and Daddy died I don't want to be alone in the dark. Can I stay? Please!?"

"Well alright. You can wear one of my T-shirts."

"Why? It feels good to be in bed without clothes."

"Alright you can but I'll keep the shorts on for the time being."

I cut the lights out leaving only a night light burning in the bathroom and got into bed. Di immediately moved over against me lying on her side. On my back, my arm under her head, I could feel her soft breasts and hard nipples pressing against my sides. One of her arms trailed across my stomach. Despite my best intentions I had a natural reaction and started to grow, escaping the slit in my shorts. Di moved her hand hitting my engorged dick. I hoped she wouldn't notice. But she did.

Investigating, she grasped it and asked, "What is the matter with your peepee. It's hot and swollen."

She had rudimentary knowledge of the difference between male and female anatomy. During our youth, as constant companions, we had seen each other naked often. With only four years difference between us Mama had even given us baths together until my tenth birthday. As to be expected, questions were asked and investigations made. We had played house a time or two and her name for her pussy and my dick was peepee. She had seen me naked just now and the previous night. Both times my cock was swinging flaccidly. Never had she seen my dick excited and erect.

Retaining her grip, she sat up, pulling the covers down and got on her knees for a better look. In the dim illumination of the bathroom nightlight she was an erotic vision, enticing my rampant member to exuded precum.

"Something is coming out. Are you peeing?" She questioned, peering close, collecting a drop off the head with her finger, rubbing it between her finger and thumb, "I don't think it is pee. It is thick and slick. Does it hurt? Is it the shorts? Take them off."

I sat up, pulling her away into my arms and said, "No Sugar it is not pee. It doesn't hurt and it is not the shorts. Come on and lay down it will go away in a little while. Let's go to sleep now. I will explain later."