93 Days of Summer Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh wow, I didn't know you owned your own company."

"Yeah. I don't mention it unless it comes up."

I nod in understanding.

I look at Kayla, Dean, and Darren, "What have y'all been doing since you have graduated college?"

"I work at Solar Eclipse as a Thermal Engineer."

"Okay! Look at Black Girls in STEM."

She laughs, "Most people I meet and whom I tell of my job description usually looks at me like I'm lying."

"Well, your accolades speak for themselves."

"My job might not be as important or as cool as her job, but I make desserts for celebrities, from their parties to sending birthday cakes to their friends. I'm actually launching an exclusive dessert bar that will serve everything from fun mocktails and cocktails to out-of-this-world desserts in October. I already have a waitlist that extends to June of next year."

"Congrats Dean!!!!"

"Thanks. And since you two are becoming great friends of ours, I would like to extend the life-long membership into my dessert bar. Just call a couple days ahead before you come and you get to enjoy our VIP lounge."

"Thanks Dean, that is so sweet of you."

"I agree, thank you Dean."

"You ladies are so welcome."

I turn to Darren to await his reply. I have been back home for 2 years and haven't seen him since the start of my Junior year of high school.

"And what have you been doing the last few years?"

"As you know, I'll inherit dad's insurance company in a few years. However, I used the inheritance I received from my grandfather to invest in both Cam and Dean's companies as well as own stakes in a couple of other companies. I also own Skin, a nightclub in Downtown Oakland. I'm currently waiting on a deal to finalize with the sale of a cruise line company. I'm planning to take Skin out at sea."

They all look at us.

Darren, speaking for the group, "What about y'all? We know Covid has put a damper on a lot of things, but how have y'all been doing?"

I look at Lani.

"Well, I just finished up my Master's in English. I'm also the Assistant Professor at HU back home. I'm also the chapter advisor for our undergrad sorority chapter on campus."

"Oh wow."

"Damn, beauty and brains."

We all watch as Cam look at Lani with so more adoration.

Dean focuses back on me, "And you?"

"I'm in graduate school for a dual degree; I have 1 more year. I have a side business as a contracted travel agent. I'm also a temp teacher and I'm hoping to find a full time teacher job that doesn't require 5 years of experience."

"Actually, if you are interested in a change of scenery, my niece goes to Carmen High school and they are looking for someone to teach Statistics. In the pandemic, they've been a little desperate and is looking for anyone with only a year of experience."

I nod my head, "Thanks, I'll look into that."

5 minutes later, I have everyone's lists and me and Darren are on our way to the store.

12