A Bet is a Bet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TeamEquipe
TeamEquipe
2,445 Followers

"Why don't you come over to my potting shed and I can show you how it works in practice. I'm sure you'll find it highly enlightening." I saw Vernon put his hand on Tammy's arm. I distinctly saw her shiver from his touch. I just wasn't sure if it was a shiver of disgust or more worryingly, a shiver of arousal. You know what they say about curiosity and women! And then I was sure she shot a quick look down at Vernon's crotch.

"I ... I can't ... Joel's here and ... and ..." Her words trailed off and then she half glanced in the direction of the kitchen door. I retreated back inside a little bit hoping that she hadn't seen me.

"Come on, it won't take long and I think you'll like it when you see it ... and I guarantee you won't be disappointed." He was pulling at her arm now. Not a good idea and it seemed to snap Tammy out of her reverie.

She gave a big sigh of disapproval as she pulled her arm away. "I've told you, I'm not the slightest bit interested in YOU or your dibber tool. In fact Vernon, you disgust me. Why can't you just go and leave me alone."

"I don't really think you want me to go," Vernon said.

"Of course I do," she said.

"No, you don't," I heard Vernon counter. There was a pause in the conversation for a minute or so. I strained my ears. All I could hear was what sounded like two people playing that hand slap kid's game.

"Get off me," I finally heard Tammy forcefully say but in a fierce whisper. Why was she whispering. Didn't she want me to know what was going on?

"Please ... please stop." Tammy's voice now sounded like she was quietly pleading.

I risked peeking around the kitchen door. I could just see ...

Fuck. The bastard had his hand on Tammy's left breast. And he was moving it around ... groping ... squeezing ... fondling. And she didn't seem to be making much of an effort to stop him.

Enough was enough. I slammed shut a cupboard door and then coughed loudly before stepping outside. Vernon had pulled away and looked sheepish but Tammy was breathing funny and looked quite flushed. I took a quick glance at her chest and could clearly see the nipple on her left breast was very pronounced and pushing out through the fabric of her tee shirt and bra.

I was inwardly seething but still asked him if he wanted a drink, which he refused and then we chatted casually for about ten minutes or so before he took his leave. Tammy meanwhile had already cleared off and left us to it. I didn't bother talking to her about what had happened and she for her part didn't mention that Vernon had groped her breast. Although that in itself was a trifle worrying I decided to let sleeping dogs lie, to coin a phrase!

* * * * *

On reflection maybe I should've have done more. It was a week later and I was working from home again. I'd not seen Vernon for a few days and when questioned, neither had Tammy so all thoughts of his last appearance had just about faded from my memory.

Tammy decided it was yet another perfect day for gardening so after dropping Belle off at school she quickly changed and was back outside in less than half an hour, eager to get on.

Glancing out the window I noticed she was working in the same spot where she'd been the day I'd first spotted Vernon peeping. I gave it ten minutes and then went upstairs to have a look out. From the back bedroom window I could see into Vernon's garden. Sure enough, there he was, peering through the gap in the hedge. He must have been getting an eyeful as Tammy was hacking furiously at a stubborn root that clearly didn't want to give up it's position in the garden. As a result of her efforts her breasts were bouncing about quite nicely inside her tee shirt. With her back to him, Vernon must have been getting one hell of a display from her wiggling ass cheeks.

I don't know what possessed me but I went downstairs and joined my wife in the garden. She was stood up now but was still bending over at the waist. I went behind her, running my hands over her delightfully firm ass cheeks before sliding my hands under her body to close around her tits. I easily slipped my hands inside her tee shirt and gave them puppies a casual massage feeling her nipples respond as I rolled them between my fingers and thumbs.

Bless her, Tammy was soon aroused. She groaned and thrust her ass back into my crotch area and began to grind herself against me. This was the most intimate we'd been for months. Was I finally going to have sex with my wife? The strident ringtone from the house phone soon put paid to that thought.

"Damn ... sorry," I said as I pulled off her. I went inside and answered the phone. It was a business call so I had to take it although all I wanted to do was go outside and play with Tammy's ass and tits some more.

I watched her through the window as she once more stooped to tug and pull at that stubborn weed. Her ass and tits began to wiggle and shake once more. I then noticed that Vernon was still watching from his hiding place. And then I had a stupid idea.

"Honey, I'm gong to have to go out for a bit," I yelled out the back door to her, "I won't be long."

"Okay," Tammy called back, barely pausing for breath as she carried on tugging at that stubborn root.

I got in my car, drove out of our street, parked up a block away and sprinted back to our house. Now once and for all I would see for myself just how far Vernon was willing to go.

I wasn't disappointed. I soon saw him. Not willing to wait long he'd already left his vantage post and came in through the gate. I saw him take a cursory glance around, no doubt checking to see that I wasn't there and then surreptitiously moved up behind Tammy.

She was oblivious to his presence until he put his hand on her ass cheeks. She didn't even look around but just wiggled her ass back at him. I clearly saw her say something so I'd like to think she thought I'd come back. Vernon took this as all the encouragement he needed and gave her ass cheeks a good groping. Again, I'd like to think she thought it was me.

As Tammy continued to work on that root, I watched in horror as casting caution to the wind, Vernon slid his hands under her body and closed them around her impressive boobs. He gave them a good squeeze as he manoeuvred them around her chest. No doubt he was also feeling her sensitive nipples now. I knew they would be rock hard little nubs of delight now as they'd already got bigger just from my brief grope of her breasts.

I don't know at what point Tammy realized it wasn't me feeling her up but suddenly she screeched. She threw Vernon off her and ran screaming into the house.

"Did you see that," she shouted at me as I looked dumbfounded back at her. Her chest was heaving and it was all she could do to talk as she tried to breathe in great big gulps of air between each word.

"Did you see? Was that clear enough for you! You need to go have a word with him ... NOW."

It hadn't dawned on her that I was stood there when I'd just told her I was going out. If she thought about it I would tell her I'd come back because I'd forgotten something. I nodded but seemed incapable of speech.

"Well do SOMETHING!" she yelled into my face before she ran upstairs. I heard our bedroom door slam shut.

I went outside. Vernon was nowhere to be seen, so I went through the back gate and into his garden. I caught up with him at his back door.

"Vernon!" I yelled. He stopped and turned around. I couldn't help but notice the massive bulge in the front of his trousers.

I gulped. I needed to take control of this but fast. "Vernon, what the HELL do you think you're doing? You can't do things like that to my wife. For fucks sake. it's just not right."

The bastard actually smiled and held up his hands in mock surrender. "Joel, Joel, Joel ... I'm sorry but I only told her what she already knows but won't admit to herself," he said.

"What the fuck? What ARE you talking about?"

"She wants what's inside my pants," Vernon stated quite matter-of-factly.

"What ... what the hell are you talking about? Are you crazy?"

"NO, I'm not. I see her looking. She thinks I don't see her but I do," he said.

"I'm sorry, you've lost me. Looking ... looking at what precisely?"

"This ..." he pointed to his groin, "she looks at my crotch."

I shook my head. The man's definitely crazy. I should get a gun and put him down. It would be a merciful end for a delusional man.

"She wants what's inside my pants because you can't fulfill her," he added succinctly. "Deep down, she knows she wants me. She just can't or won't admit to it yet because she thinks I'm too old. But she'll come around eventually ..."

"What the fuck are you talking about," I blustered, "my wife's perfectly happy with me thank you very much."

"Is she? When was the last time you had sex Joel? Judging by the amount of pheromones she's giving off I'm betting it was months and months ago."

Pheromones? What the fuck was he talking about? But he was fairly accurate about the sex thing. What with the move and work we'd not done the deed for ages. And the odd time I'd tried to instigate it she'd said she was too tired. But I wasn't going to let him know that.

"That's bullshit!" I retorted, "and what have pheromones got to do with anything?"

"Is it bullshit?" He smiled enigmatically again. "You're obviously not doing it for her and so she's sending out signals to red blooded males to come and claim her. She wants to rut!" He shrugged his shoulders as his confirmation as I stood with my mouth gaping wide open.

"What a fucking load of horse manure!" I exclaimed, gathering myself together. Old man or not I was about ready to smack him! "Besides, she doesn't even like you," I announced as my coup de grâce.

"Yeah I know," he admitted, "but it doesn't matter."

I waited, expecting him to add more. When no further words were forthcoming I had to ask.

"Sorry ... but what doesn't matter?"

He smiled again, a condescending smile. "No matter what ... she will eventually succumb to me."

"What!" I spluttered, "Now you're being delusional, there's no way my wife would ever cheat on me and certainly not with someone as disgusting as you!"

"Sure she will." He sighed and then continued. "Let me tell you something about women Joel. Years ago there was a research team in the UK that did a project on female sexuality. Their findings were that women who are consciously or even subconsciously looking for a man, dress to attract. By that I mean they display a lot of flesh. They wear skimpy tops, low cut to emphasize their tits, their skirts are short to showcase their shapely thighs and full asses and they wear high heels to accentuate their curves. The research team also found that once women were successfully paired up with a compatible male to their liking, one they felt could give them what they wanted, they would then dress to cover up all of their flesh. It effectively meant they were off the market!"

I shrugged my shoulders dismissively. "So ... what's that got to do with my wife? She's married to me, so what?"

"You're missing the point Joel." He was back to his condescending best. He smiled enigmatically. "Think about it. Women ... dress ... to ... attract!"

I must have still looked dumbfounded because Vernon gave a deep sigh before continuing.

"I'll make it simple so even you can understandt. Ask yourself this question. Why does your wife show so much flesh? She's constantly wearing low cut tops to display her beautiful big tits and her shorts are so skimpy they should be declared illegal! So why is that, Joel? Even a man like you, with a brain the size of a pea should see why!"

It took me a while to process the information. My answer when it came was measured and well thought out.

"What a load of fucking crap!"

He smiled enigmatically again. "Is it? She wants to mate again but subconsciously realizes you're not man enough for her now. That's why she dresses the way she does. She's on the look out for someone more worthy to copulate with, a man with bigger and better equipment. Someone who can fulfill her need!"

"What! Why?"

"She wants another child."

"No she doesn't," I blustered, "we've talked about it and she says she's happy just to have Belle."

He flashed me that condescending smile again. "I know she does and deep down so does she. It's only you that doesn't and that's because you can't comprehend her wanting someone else to impregnate her. As I said, your wife is sending out all the signals, but she doesn't fully understand or realize it yet. It's still too deep rooted in her subconscious for her to comprehend. But she will get there eventually and when she does she will be begging me to fuck her."

"You're disgusting," I yelled at him, "I should hit you right now. She'll never go with you!"

"Like to bet on it?" he said in a matter of fact tone.

That took the wind right out of my sails. I glared at him. It was a mixture of a stare of hatred and a look of bewilderment.

"What!" It was all I could come up with.

"Would you like to bet on it?" he stated, now talking to me as an adult would a child.

"You want ME to make a bet with YOU regarding my wife? Are you insane?"

"Not at all. I'm prepared to make the bet worthwhile." He pondered for a while before seemingly making up his mind. "I've seen the way you look at my Mustang," he said. "You can have my car if I fail in my attempt to seduce your wife."

"You're crazy!" I said in disbelief. "Why not just make it a million dollars?"

He sighed. "Because that would be absurd. I don't have a million dollars, as well you know. What I do have however, is a Mustang!"

I stood there looking into his face, trying to see if he truly was yanking my chain.

"Not that it matters because it's a bet I won't lose!" he finished off triumphantly. Now I really wanted to hit him.

"So ... what's it to be my young buckeroo ... are you game?"

I stared into his greedy piggy eyes. He looked so smug.

"Okay ... you're on," I exclaimed, hurriedly blurting out the words before my brain could engage to stop my mouth. "Your Mustang against my wife's fidelity."

We shook hands and his smug look became an even bigger smug smile.

"So what time scale are we looking at? How long do you want? A month ... six months ... a year? It was my turn to be smug.

"Shall we just say by the end of this month?" he replied. "That will be ample time."

I shook my head in mock disbelief. The guy was a moron. That gave him just a smidgen over two weeks. Ha, not a snowball's chance in hell!

* * * * *

The passage of time gave me ample chance to reflect on my stupidity regarding the bet. Whilst I was more than confident that my wife would never allow herself to be seduced by Vernon there was always that tiny little element of doubt in the back of my mind, nagging away at me, driving me nuts.

Sane me should have backed out on the bet. It was ridiculous anyway but my problem was that from an early age my grandfather and then my father had hammered into me that when making a deal for anything; whether it was for the sale or purchase of an item or even for that matter a bet; the handshake made that agreement incontrovertible.

They came up with numerous expressions that just reinforced that doctrine and through the years, with them using it over and over again, it fused into my psyche. They came up with phrases like, 'a verbal agreement and a handshake are more binding than a written contract.' 'A handshake is confirmation that your word is your bond.' 'When you shake on a bet you can never withdraw it.' And there were loads more like that. Pathetic right? The problem was, it was now something I couldn't get around.

* * * * *

The end of the month coincided with the annual neighborhood street party although this was to be our first. We live in a large curving cul-de-sac so it was easy to have a party outside. It also meant people could come and go as they pleased.

Since taking the stupid bet I'd kept a close eye on Vernon and indeed Tammy but I couldn't say he'd been hanging around her too much. Having said that I did have to leave town for a couple of days so god only knows what he got up to then.

On my return I was worried to see if there was any change in my wife's demeanor that might indicate she was falling for Vernon's charms, disgusting as they were. I sort of quizzed her about him in a hopefully subtle way but her answers were fairly bland and non committal although it was obvious he still disgusted her at some level. For that, I was pleased.

We just had to get through tonight and his car was mine! It was a great feeling. In my mind I could picture myself driving along the coast road, my arm wrapped around my babe sitting beside me, holding her close, the top down and the wind blowing through our hair as we laughed at Vernon's stupidity!

Belle was stopping with my parents for the weekend, which was good. I was hoping that this weekend, not only would I get a new car but we would finally get it on in the bedroom. We still hadn't had sex for some considerable time. For the party it was casual dress for me, just a pair of jeans and a polo shirt but when Tammy came downstairs I almost came in my pants.

She looked gorgeous. Her black hair was piled up loosely on top of her head and her bright red lip gloss matched the nail varnish on her fingers. But clothes wise she was barely wearing anything. Her grey low cut tee shirt barely covered her nipples let alone her boobs. I wasn't sure if she was wearing a bra but with her massive cleavage, she was displaying a huge amount of flesh that left absolutely nothing to the imagination. I was amazed that she would dare expose that much of her flesh. It wouldn't be that hard to scoop her boobs out of her top, in fact I wondered if they might fall out on their own if she started dancing. But they did look truly magnificent.

She was also wearing a very short white skirt, which barely covered her ass but still clung alluringly to the top of her firm thighs. Molded to her ass, I could clearly see the division between her ass cheeks through the material. Her ass had never looked better, which was some achievement. The overall effect was just mesmerizing. I swallowed hard.

"You like?" she flirted coquettishly, fluttering her eyelashes at me. I was definitely turned on but even though she looked hot I'd never seen my wife so brazenly displaying that much flesh.

"Tammy ... why are you wearing that top? Don't you think it's a bit TOO revealing. If you're not careful you'll have all the men drooling over you and their wives are just going to hate you. Now we don't want to be upsetting folks, do we. After all we've only just moved into the neighborhood."

"I feel sexy in this top," she said as she gave her puppies a little shake. Don't you want me to look sexy?"

"Well of course I do but ..." I replied, mesmerized by her dancing breasts.

"It's all for you baby," she smiled, "and who knows, you might get lucky tonight!" She wiggled her backside at me as she strutted past in her 4" heeled strappy sandals, her hips swaying and her ass cheeks shimmying inside her tight little short skirt. Fuck, she looked hot.

And then Vernon's words came back to haunt me. She was dressing to attract another mate. Someone other than me. Someone who could satisfy her and impregnate her.

Fuck!

I hurried after her. I would need to have my wits about me tonight.

* * * * *

The party was fun. Everyone seemed to get on really well and I hadn't seen anything of Vernon. But I knew he was out there somewhere, watching ... waiting.

Tammy stayed close until she'd consumed enough alcohol to take the edge off her nerves. She's always been a bit shy when meeting people for the first time. And then she sort of drifted away and mingled. As I suspected she was an instant hit with our neighborhood men. Not so much though with their wives.

TeamEquipe
TeamEquipe
2,445 Followers