All Comments on 'A Bitter Judge'

by NoMartyrs22

Sort by:
  • 91 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder12 months ago

Great story. I'd love to hear more about Judge Philips. I hope he does find some happiness in his life, and continues to serve as an instrument of justice and vengeance.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger12 months ago

l enough written so well done, but I cling to the notion of judicial impartiality despite all current evidence that the system is severely in trouble in many countries.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger12 months ago

Sorry, well enough written..........

YouamiYouami12 months ago

Sounds like my kind of judge!

MattblackUKMattblackUK12 months ago

The first of many stories about Judge Philips,, I hope?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Please post more of the Judge. He's biased, but he doesn't seem to be presented ad godlike or one who is taking shortcuts. There is just so much potential here.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thats a good story to see a judge pov , Hope for another chapter about him

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm12 months ago

I like it, but... where's the story?

Are you planning on creating some kind of universe or something? Because that was more like a character introduction. No plot. No development. No emotions (apart from any sympathy the readers may feel towards Mr. Williams). Shame really, because you write well.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu12 months ago

Well written.

For a short story it flowed well.

But it is what it is...

a short story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very Good Start! Love it... 5!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great start. Sad for the depth of his pain, but like how he uses it to bring justice. I'm sure any number of cheated on husbands who stand before him would buy him a couple drinks at his local pub!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

you have put together a very interesting and different setting. Looking forward to see where you take it...

ReedRichardsReedRichards12 months ago

And here I thought that judges were supposed to be impartial!

.

There was:

.

"In the end, I won by a landslide and recouped almost everything I lost. Of course, that earned me the ire of my children but I just walked past them after I left their mother a blubbering mess. They were still my children and I fulfilled my financial obligations to them but I refused any sort of communication to them. That may be harsh but they were already in their late teens when they turned on me.

.

They sided with their whore mother in bleeding me dry so they reap what they sow. They still try to send me letters begging for forgiveness but I always throw them in the fire."

.

And:

.

"I am a bitter old man. I have no one in my life to share with as I don't trust anyone with my dead heart. I live alone in my house and I hate myself for becoming a vindictive asshole against this new age bullshit about cheating."

.

That's a pretty sad description of a man, lonely in life, and having thrown his own children aside. I guess that, in the end, he "won" in his divorce, but what a hollow victory it was.

BarryJames1952BarryJames195212 months ago

I like the premise. It will be fun to follow the adventures of a bitter judge who can use his powers in the way you’ve described. 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc12 months ago

Hard to fall in love with the character, but a lot to like about him. I wish he existed in real life. 4*

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4612 months ago

Loved it! Way too many husbands shafted by judges who seem to think that the husband has unlimited resources.

More stories welcome, but remember its not always the wife's guilt either.

TnicollTnicoll12 months ago

So much for blind justice? Really good, tight little story though!

PraetusPraetus12 months ago

Promising. I'm glad he did caveat that he is against cheats in general and not just against women (hoping he isn't as biased as the woman judge he railed against) - a story showing him taking some oily man to task and berating another woman who stepped out would be fun.

Seeing his children make amends and seeing him grow into a not so lonely man would be great

Excellent stuff.

IcarusascendingIcarusascending12 months ago

I think the character has a lot of potential. You have a lot of options with where to go with this. Does he continue to mete out justice? Could get boring but amusing. Does he eventually find love and heal his withered heart? Tons of different directions you could go here.

CriosCrios12 months ago

Great first effort! Looking forward to more.

FireFox59FireFox5912 months ago

Pretty good first story. Hope you do some more about the judge.

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly12 months ago

Great character to be develped?

BeBopper99BeBopper9912 months ago

5***** New fresh perspective on LW. The detailed POV of a judge who hates cheaters is new here. The judge should reach out to his kids. He should know that teenagers are impulsive, emotional morons.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

He’s doing God’s work!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Don't be afraid to add in a subtle twist as a hook to catch your reader. For example, making the cheating wife out to be his daughter would have added a bit of pop to it if you didn't make the reveal until the very end after you explained how the judge is divorced from his own family as well

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The hero we need in this fucked up wussified world. Awesome tale, I hope your sequels make him into a legend.

Ekim730Ekim73012 months ago

Interesting take as a vehicle for an endless series of cheating spouse stories.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I like to think his nickname is Judge Burner. Good story, good writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You go judge burn,em down

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just one question: where are the 10 stars ? Good start and keep going.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Looking forward to the next episode in this saga!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Loved this story not because I am a pig but instead because I have seen the miscarriage of justice in real life. Besides the story was well written and the lack of crap details just added to the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good start. I look forward to more submissions from you.

silentsoundsilentsound12 months ago

Good story about a damaged, but beneficial, man.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

As one reader said " I thought judges were supposed to be impartial", it is amazing how the male in the relationship has to bear all of the consequences of a cheating spouse in the so called justice system. Very good story from a different perspective

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

"they were already in their late teens when they turned on me." - It should have been hard to turn kids in their late teens against him if he was so much in the right, as I believe he was.

\

I can't see where this can go with more stories about the judge. How many times can we read the same story, where he sticks it to the charer?

lujon2019lujon201912 months ago

ReedRichards said

"That's a pretty sad description of a man, lonely in life, and having thrown his own children aside. I guess that, in the end, he "won" in his divorce, but what a hollow victory it was."

.

.

Fair point, but the again that hollow victory was all he had left. After all the cunt and her kids were more than happy to ignore him when he was the loser in the divorce. The kids only wanted to reconcile AFTER the whore of a mum no longer had the money.

.

And as somone in the legal field, recently divorced, he would be well aware of all the reasons to never marry again, so what else was their to salvage but that ;hollow victory'?

nixroxnixrox12 months ago

3 stars - for one more sad commentary on marriage and divorce in the USA.

Where are the TAGS?

Wabagoon1171Wabagoon117112 months ago

Looking forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A novel perspective on the divorce process. I hope to see some interesting sequels with Judge Phillips

becoming the Roy Bean of divorce judges.

Tomh1966Tomh196612 months ago

Nice. Ill start ya with a 5 star. KEEP GOING...

Buuuuut... more of a story next time.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Forcing the concept of forgiveness upon a person who’s been hurt and abused is just another form of gaslighting. There are many paths to healing and moving on. Why does the forgiveness culture demand that survivors forgive their abusers? Forgiveness culture implies that betrayers and abusers can expect to be forgiven — they can hurt and harm and rage — and should their targets decline to forgive, they can rest smug in the assurance that the refusal reflects a flaw in their victims, not in themselves.

Pseudo-spirituality has made forgiveness a marker of personal virtue. If you perceive an assault on yourself and your body as too wrong to forgive, then the forgiveness culture perceives you are being small-minded and lacking in virtue. This attitude ignores that the choice not to forgive can come from a place of strength. It can represent a legitimate response to an offender’s bad, hurtful actions and place in society.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Let me just add my voice to the chorus. You wrote an interesting character, but you didn't really write a story.

I think that writing from the judge's perspective could be interesting, but you will need to invest a lot more into writing the courtroom scenes to make it work. With a PoV from the bench, you will be limiting yourself to strictly the testimony and in-court antics. Unlike the courtroom dramas told from a lawyer's perspective, you won't have the option of adding outside interactions with either party.

Burner70Burner7012 months ago

Now this could be a good series. 5 star read

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A novel way to trod the cheating tropes in LW!

.

You’ve set yourself up with this character to explore many variations of the cheating storylines we all see every day in these fora. As well, you have an opportunity to allow the “bitter old judge” to mellow in his own life if you want. E.G. — perhaps come up with a case he oversees that provokes him to try to mend fences with his kids? Etc.

.

Really good first submission. Here’s hoping for more!

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

If ReedRichards is whining about your story you know you did good. Reedy is just a soyboy with a limp dick that hates real men. Hope we see more stories about the Judge

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson12 months ago

Cool new addition! Looking forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5 stars, totally earned every one of them!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story, I like the character, would like to see a continuation of the character. See home grow? Thanks for writing. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ for 1st story

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Judge's knowing violation of judicial ethics is deplorable.

I hate cheaters, too. But I have to respect the law when it is part of a legitimate democratic process. Without it, we are animals ruled by the law of violence.

Judges with a personal agenda are a plague on society. They deny justice and soil their profession.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I am sooo very sorry for the suffering this fine, upstanding man has undergone. But I am looking forward to future stories of him administering justice from a position that stories on this site usually dipict as totally corrupt.

juanviejojuanviejo12 months ago

CINCO ESTRELLAS! GIVE US MORE...CHEERS!

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppy12 months ago

Reminds me of Yamhill County, Oregon Judge Ladd Wiles who is or was married to former US Attorney Amanda S Marshall. Ms Marshall is famous, or infamous, for having a prolonged and spectacularly flagrant affair with a subordinate at the US Attorney's office. Anyone who has appeared before Judge Wiles would agree that it is likely that Amanda gave him a case of syphilis that penicillin can't cure which has ravaged his brain. Judge Wiles also needs to take the advice of Cheech and Chong by calling Peter Rooter because he seems to be distracted by the steady drip, drip, drip of gonorrhea.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzy12 months ago

Very nice first effort. As a newer contributor, I know it’s tough getting the first one submitted. Keep ‘em coming! Wouldn’t mind seeing more about your judge, you’ve got the start of a good character

straightshooter1958straightshooter195812 months ago

Nice paradigm shift! Please continue........

waltdeewaltdee12 months ago

Points for approaching this in such a new and innovative way, but I would have liked to see the husband get some sort of closure, whether BTB, RAAC, or something else, or I would have liked to hear more of the judge’s. In short, too short. Good first effort though.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Got to love all the commenters questioning the judge's ethics. I'm guessing they're perfectly okay with all of the liberal judges bias decisions.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"Mr. Williams took a few breathes before speaking." No, no he didn't. He might have taken a few breaths, though.

CastAdriftCastAdrift12 months ago

Interesting new perspective. Keep it up. Perhaps the judge will find some solace in the future.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great start! Looking forward to more stories from Judge Phillips' courtroom!

muskyboymuskyboy12 months ago

Very nice. Good set up for a series. Really like that the stories are fairly short. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very good first effort . Hope to hear from you again .

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lies!

When a good man fights for Truth, and Justice, he is rewarded with Peace and Joy. This would be the happiest man in town. Every man wants to be his friend, and several young women want to be his wife and give him a new, better family!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Loved the story! I gave it 5*. But I saw so many grammatical errors in it. Please, invest in an editor.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Looking forward to more stories feating the bitter judge, however I hope you do give him a happy life eventually.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

He shouldn't burn the letters. He should take them back, but on conditions. They abandon their mother. They're already good at that. No moral backbone. Make them dance to his tune. Essentially force them into being good people. To dangle that good life in front of them. There are no downsides for him. He sticks it to his ex once more. If the kids are irredeemable, then he forced them to pretend to be good for years. That's funny. If they had a hint of good in them, he may be the reason they grow up. He doesn't have to love nor trust the. Ever again. Just hard tough love.

26thNC26thNC12 months ago

Great story, and a first timer who does rush out a cuck story. I like your judge, he may be a bitter old man, but he metes out justice. I don’t remember many, if any, cheating wife stories from the judges POV. A series of judge stories featuring this man. Let his justice be fair and equal, don’t turn him into someone like the old bitch who set him on this path. Easy *5.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5 stars from me, great story. Write another story about bitter Judge Phillips, one where he finally finds someone to trust and share lives. His values and judgements remain the same, but he's a nicer and happier guy. Maybe even spend some time talking with his kids to see if there's anything to salvage.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"Mr. Williams took a few breathes before speaking."

It's BREATHS, please learn the difference between breath and breathe.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is an exceptionally good first offering and could be the foundation for a number of slightly related stories. Your are a first rate storyteller and I shall look forward to following your submissions.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

teedeedubteedeedub12 months ago

This could be interesting.........

PowersworderPowersworder12 months ago

Not all heroes wear capes.

Judge Greg Phillips even has his tragic origin story.

5* for a unique and entertaining tale, which is quite an achievement in itself. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

just super

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

YOU GO GREG!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

would love prequel about how he caught his cheating wife screwing behind his back sadiexx

Smiffy69Smiffy6912 months ago

Good start. A bit short for my taste, but keep at it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Interesting prelude as a means to establish a world surrounding the courtroom of an old, bitter judge.

WargamerWargamer12 months ago

Hahaha!!!!!!

4/5

mattenwmattenw12 months ago

Some people ask themselves in court why a judge decides the way he has decided. Like everyone else, he has a history. And like any other human being, he is human!

And in court and on the high seas you are always in the sure hand of God!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

Such is the fist of justice!

5

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting, looking forward....

ragnarok1ragnarok111 months ago

I liked this, but the statement of him putting his suitcase on the sofa confused me and made me think you were going in another direction. I believe you meant briefcase. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Go on, I‘m all in.

Captcha

oldpantythiefoldpantythief10 months ago

This is the judge I would want on my side if I were ever in need of an avenging angel. Not that I have to worry about that in my present situation, but it would be nice if ever I did. Good story and hope to see more of Judge Greg Phillips.

PondLife2023PondLife20237 months ago

Oh if only this were the true state of things! Sadly justice was replaced by financial considerations. Make the male pay so the women don’t live off the state. Eventually a honest government will be elected and real justice will be restored.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great. Want more please.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA26 days ago

More. Every cheater should be the one who loses in a divorce action.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA21 days ago

N.C. is one state that has some balanced divorce laws and the aggrieved party can file an A of A suit against the cheaters cohort.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous