All Comments on 'A Case of Self Defense'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
some are good

some of your stories are good this one was just plain stupid, shot two people and got nothing, no reasons for anything that happened with his wife, the police were just plain dumb and so were most of your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Good read

john1946john1946over 13 years ago
FUN

Fun read. It was nice that the good guy got help and the cheaters got caught, literally with their pants down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Easy Read

A little fairy-tailish at times, a little unrealistic in the bedroom scene but - an enjoyable story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Shot two people and got time served?

Yes I believe it. Especially with what the bitch and the asshole where up to.

You started the story off with him being pretty smart, but he got duo once he walked in the bedroom. It was a good premise and idea and worthy of a redo with him not shooting them like he did. Have him end witty Molly, but from a different direction.

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
Stories are like art...

Art is life with the artist's point of view expressed. This story is life with the author's point of view expressed. If I wanted an exact copy of life, I'd get a photograph. If I wanted an exact copy of what happened and would happen, I'd get a newspaper account. The fucking idiots who keep dissing stories because they aren't like a news report need to chill. Good story. Entertaining. Good outcome.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Good read and I like the narrative style....

....just missing some wife development to be perfect. Thanks for the break...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Open Range

........Justice! Nice easy going pace to the story. All the parts fit, too bad you couldn't talk about Ontario, OR or any place near Twin Falls.That being said, the open range carries on with its own line of justice.

db1044db1044over 13 years ago
Liked It

Entertaining and original. Its sad that in a real court room Jerry would have ended up doing 25 years hard time.

incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
I really like your stories

but this one was, say least fav of what i read from you. I expect better from you.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
Well Done

I enjoyed the story very much. You made the husband a sympathetic character and the wife and her lover asses.

Thanks for your hard work.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Thank you for the excellent story

Another good one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I liked it.

5. Thank you for your work.

tom anon

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Very Amusing Story

Somehow it was Light from the beginning. As one colleague pointed out, he was very clever in the beginning and then went dumb.. Perfectly natural, he only planned how to get clarification and did. But he did not expect the guy to take a run at him and had not planned on what to do. Perhaps he would have been better off with a truncheon..

Thanks MGM. Good work!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Reading.

Thanks for sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Neither Fish Nor Fowl!

This story couldn't commit to being satire or straight loving wives story. It wasn't horrible and could have been far worse in hands of less skilled writer. Personally I would have gone the satire route as the intro with alarms and mounting suspicion were quite droll and using. Then the laughs quit coming with jerry's incarceration and story limped to close. I thank the author ,however, for his quality body of work. Hey Babe Ruth led the major leagues in homeruns AND strikeouts.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Alot of fun to read -

And felt like it would be almost as much fun to live out heh -

A pleasure to read this type of story whether it is entirely plausible or not -

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 12 years ago
I love happy endings (of every type)...

I always like it when more revenge is obtained by the injured party, like the banker getting caught for fraud along with his ex-wife. That kind of stuff. A good read, I enjoyed it.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A CASE FOR THE DEFENSE

and what justice can do when properly administered. TK U MLJ LV NV

al18al18almost 12 years ago
Loved it!

You hear so much about legal system with justice absent, some common sense for a change

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
love the judge

hated the wife - good fun 5.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
I did enjoy this one too -

As young as Molly is, she seems to have been brought up right with standards and morals and all that stupid shit so I am guessing he is in pig heaven lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Actually,

I thought that Jerry was an asshole and handled the whole thing incredibly stupidly.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 11 years ago
Great story for several reasons

The popular theme of the sneaky city-bred wife cheating on her hard-working husband, while the down-to-earth farmer's daughter is a much better catch all around, was well presented, and made an agreeable background for everything else that happened.

However, three other themes that you brought out very well, deserved the airing. First, no matter how appropriate it is to shoot somebody in your own home, the son of a bitch can get a slick lawyer and take you for everything you've got. Second, if you decide to shoot somebody, use a decent size gun; you aren't trying to set up a negotiation, you're trying to prevent a felony and maybe save your life or somebody else's, so either kill him or forgive him, but don't expect to find an acceptable middle ground. And third, a lawyer who isn't going all out for the other guy's jugular, just won't do you any good.

Where I live, the sheriff's department can have a deputy at my front door in ten minutes, day or night. But a home invader can get into my house or anybody else's in about ten seconds. A bullet at 900 feet per second wins the race over a patrol car at seventy miles per hour, every time! But you need to have the right weapon, the right ammo, the skill to use it well, and the will to do the job properly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A great story where truth will out

so glad the cheating bitch got what she deserved.....too many women get away wil be control cheats.....loved it.....

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
clever modern fairytale

magmaman, this was a pretty good immorality tale of tail thwarted & thrived.

Unfortunately in real life Jerry would have either been shot by the cops 'for resisting arrest'. Those damn dangerous cans of mix nuts!

Or, once Barnes called in a favor or two, Jerry would have 'accidentally hung himself in his jail cell.

Or, Jerry's first attorney would have copped a plea 'on his clients behalf' that would have sent Jerry to the Penitentiary toot sweet! And there, well there nothing palatable awaited him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
to each his own

Personally, I'm tired of reading stories where the husband sneaks back out of the house and takes months to plot his revenge. I prefer confrontation. Lay the shit on the table. If she takes a hard stance, take care of business .If you're going to shoot, better have a good reason and leave no survivors. You cucks can kiss my ass.

new_readernew_readerover 9 years ago

This dude sounded half-retarded most of the time. It's a wonder he managed to survive upto whatever age he was.

Leonine44Leonine44over 9 years ago
A Basically Depressing Story That Was Sadly Lacking in Erotica

I may read other of magmaman's stories since it is clear from other commenters that they love the majority of his work. But this one entirely missed the mark of providing what the term "Literotica" promises: a highly erotic story told with abundant literary excellence.

This was a long, long, Farmer's Daughter joke but it wasn't funny. It was depressing. Nothing about the story was erotic. There was no building eroticism in the description of Jerry and Molly's sexual activities. It was basically "she was an uninhibited 19-year-old with great tits and a bush. She wasn't his bitch of a cheating wife. They fucked. They liked it."

And I disagree with several comments that said the ultimate outcome of the court case was unrealistic. I have a courtroom background. The equities of this case that came out in the courtroom could reasonably have led a judge to the conclusion that what the two cheaters cooked up (particularly the phone baiting while Jerry was out on bail) balanced out to a "time-served" probationary term on the assault conviction. Jerry had to have been convicted. You can't go around shooting your wife and her lover just because you're a cuckold. Just dump her and move on. Jerry was lucky that there was no evidence presented about the amount of pre-planning he did in rigging the house alarm so he could get into his wife's bedroom without setting it off. To all of the commenters who echoed the author's line about Jerry being stupid for not using a bigger gun so there would be no witnesses: He was lucky no one died because it would have been murder 1.

acupacupover 9 years ago
You have to consider the source...

... of an anonymous negative comment. Any decent writer here will sign his / her comment, good or bad. I do read all comments on my work, good and bad, but anonymous rants go directly where they belong... in the closest circular file.

As for those that didn't like a particular portion of a story... well if we were perfect writers we'd be out there making millions instead of here now wouldn't we?

I recently came across your page and will continue reading in hopes of improving my own stories.

Acup

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
stroke stories

There is a bucket load of stroke stories here and on many other sites. I enjoyed your characters and especially enjoyed the lack of descriptive copulation. Descriptive copulation can be found most anywhere on the net,interesting fiction however is much harder to come by. Thank you for sharing your work!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Another Evil Anonymous commet

Erotic; Nonerotic: all things told that isn't what is most important to me. What is important is the story and how it is told. I ration Magmaman's stories because I can read and enjoy them a lot faster than he writes them. As for the nay sayers. Phhtttt!

The Evil Anonymous

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
cornbread

It comes in pones not loaves.good story

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
A happy ending for the bull as well..

Four stars from me and thank you.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 8 years ago
I missed reading this one until now!

It pays to go and look at your favorite authors stories list! I missed this one when it came out so it is nice find! Good reading experience with a well told story! Thanks for writing and I will keep reading your old and new stories. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

About the fourth time i've read though this story still good 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great

I enjoyed it very much.

phd70phd70almost 8 years ago
Fine Tale!

Thanks for the upbeat tale. 4 stars and favorite story. Dan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Funny story

But they seemed to end up at Molly's parents ranch. I thought Molly wanted to get away from the ranch? Could have used a little more at the end.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 7 years ago
Anon@02/20/12

Molly didn't want to get away from the ranch. She wanted to get away from being lonely. 'Tis obvious that the ranch will be deeded to her when Mom and Dad pass away so why not just learn all about now? Read the story again, it's just amazing what one can miss when not paying attention.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
What A Fun Read!

The miscreants deserve more punishment than a public shaming, however!

Love shaggy, full bushes like Molly's, too. Yum yum yum!

May Jerry and Molly breed happily ever after....

Thanks for writing and sharing here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
In My Area

A Deputy once made a statement to a group of men (I was one of them.) "If you walk in on your wife having sex with another man in your home; and if you feel compelled to shoot the man, make sure you kill the man and threaten your wife to have someone do the same to her, if she doesn't back up your story. A lesson I will keep to my dying day.

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 6 years ago
Now that's a story

I've read a couple of your stories now, they were good ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stories. But this one was perfect ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Anonymous 8/20/15

I caught that also. Cornbread (one word) is made in pones, not loaves. Other than that, it was a very good story. I gave it 5 stars and have read it several times.

GillotineGillotineover 5 years ago
I love it!

Never in real life, but sometimes you need to shoot the bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very good, top rating

As is usual, after reading a story, and considering the salient points, this is a good as it gets. If it had been me writing, I would have recorded her telephone call designed to entice him into threatening her. Then his lawyer would set both she and her lover up to commit perjury. Walter Scott Quotes. "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
One of this authors best.

Quite an enjoyable LW's tale. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story...

...5 stars. Thanx!

Lokie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Molly Had Class

But what else would you expect with parents like that, good thing his wife and the fuckwad didn't . Signed: BTW

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Yes!!!

Loved the story from the start to the finish. Wasn't sure how Jerry was going to get out of his mess, but he did and I had to smile that it worked out for him. This was a very easy to read and believe story that is well written. Great job! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just missing payback

Good story. Could have been great if there had been some payback.

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

I had always thought that 'you can't live with them, and you can't shoot them'; guess I was wrong...... Liked the story, and I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great Guns, such a terrific story. Also surrounding 10000 acres with fence is more than 15 miles of fence, however not knowing the lay of the land, I'm certain I'm wrong. Helluva tale though. LP

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

great. Middle America rules!!!!! last few lines, bottom of page 2. that and "good breeding stock"

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Read this story a couplie of years ago and even knowing the ending, I still enjoyed it and would give it another five stars if that was possible.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Anyone else notice Shelly becomes Janet then Shelly again? First page after he gets his sperm checked, the author writes, now it’s Janet’s turn. Yet his wife’s name is Shelly

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2706 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

SIMILAR Stories