All Comments on 'A Classic Line Ch. 02'

by cageytee

Sort by:
  • 172 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
Liked it

Well written, well told AND...

with consequences for people's actions.

Please write some more like this.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
i'm a

sucker for a happy ending. Alas, also being a realist, I know that it doesn’t always work out that way. I do believe the author portrayed enough true happiness between the two in the beginning for a good chance at reconciliation. Especially since it was a one time occurrence, and she truly regretted it. Not the case this time tho, I accept the outcome. Another very fine story and superb writing. Hope the door is open for a possible revisit to this couple in the future; I am and remain a true optimist. A fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Ending

I guess that sky diving isn't so bad after all. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Boyd

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Melancholy

The events that you write about portray the sad dissolution of a marriage. However the requisite emotion surrounding the final break up seems to be missing. The ending was well written and appropriate. It just seemed to be devoid of the kind of emotion one would expect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A very good story

An excellent tale of the effects of adultery. Although I like happy endings your ending was great. You wrote it beautifully and thank you.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Good story and real people

I was glad to finally see a story where the guy wasnt perfect and everything didnt work out in the end. I dont mean that I was happy to see the ex punished, just happy that the guy was human. Sometimes things cant be taken back or gotten over no matter how much both parties might want it.

Now im almost sorry I posted that huge rant in the first part :)

Great story. Thanks again for writing.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Outstanding

Superbly well done. Well written, beautifully crafted. A story with very real characters, a plausable plot and dreadful consequences. While I love happy endings, sometimes they just cannot be. Thank you for a wonderful story. Hope that there are maany more to come.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
ugh

Listen, this was a very well written story. The problem that I do have with it, and so many other stories on this site, is that it was potentially the most un-erotic thing I could imagine, possibly less erotic than baseball, dead puppies, or even the great continent of antartica. Do you see what I'm getting at? As interesting and well written as this story was, it was the antithesis of the type of loving wife story that seems rarer and harder to find all the time. It's kind of depressing when you think of it. Perhaps that era is over. The well written loving wife story that is erotic. Where the wife is sexual with others, the husband and the wife both enjoy themselves in their own way,where there is no deceit, betrayal, revenge, murder, violence or castration. Where the story is still believable, with good character development. Where after everything that has happened there is still love between the two. http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=77592

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=88447

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=62364

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=196068

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Very very Good

A very good story well written. The couple had a very human quailty to them. I also love happy endings, but where people 's lifes are involved tha doesn't always work. After 26 years of happy marriage cheating dosen't make sense but it never dose. A sad true to life story ...loved it

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Very very Good

A very good story well written. The couple had a very human quailty to them. I also love happy endings, but where people 's lifes are involved tha doesn't always work. After 26 years of happy marriage cheating dosen't make sense but it never dose. A sad true to life story ...loved it

aliaspeterjaliaspeterjover 18 years ago
Predestination?

Unlike the earlier commenter I don't think a story has to have sexy shenanigans and a lack of consequences to be a sexy story.

I do think an element of surprise is needed though. There was nothing wrong with the story's set-up ... okay yes Tim seemed very mild mannered and the wife seemed oblivious, but as set-ups go there's nothing wrong with that. However once the action started the story seemed to become even sparer then before. It seems as if all the essential elements of a cheating w/consequence story is there, sadness by the adulterous spouse, misery from the cuckolded, revenge upon the person that does the cuckolding. But where's the passion? Why is this story different than the others? How real does the adultery or the attempted reconciliation or the failed reconciliation seem?

In a way you were pointing out that the classical lines are all classical justification for what will turn into a classical mess. Still, because the story is so classical, so generalized, it fails to mean much to me.

Having said that look at all the positive responses to your story. You are reaching the audience. I just wonder if you could reach a bigger audience and make them feel more deeply.

Thanks for the story.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
Sad yet entertaining

This was a well crafted story with a ‘real world’ ending. I thought that you showed in effect a difference between forgiveness and forgetfulness. I had no doubt that Tim forgave Em but he could not forget. Her unwillingness to engage in any discussion with his physician was also a precursor to the split and it seemed very appropriate that in her retelling she did not give that decision any significance nor was there any mention of outside counseling.

Based upon the characterizations you gave this was the only way this story could have ended. I noticed that Tim was not remarried but he was ‘seeing’ someone else. That limbo for him was also appropriate in the context of the psychology you gave him.

One commentator spoke about a lack of passion in the story. I noted that too, but thought that that was the point. The adultery destroyed the passion that was present before in the relationship. No relationship, no passion.

Thanks for providing not just a good read but a thoughtful exploration of a complex subject.

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
I actually liked it. You created a "human" husband

Unlike a lot of stories from this site, sometimes good intentions are not enough.

Often the writers try to make the husband seem like the better, sometimes almost godly like in character, of a person by the end of the story in which they are totally forgiving of wife, saying how lucky they are to have her, going to counciling to learn how he helped bring about his wifes high intrest in other men by not giving her something she needed in the relationship, and moving on to some form of a "Slightly happly ever after" story book ending.

Or some slight variation of the theme where the husband gets pressured into it a blanket forgiveness by family and friends, because he's being too hard on her. He realizes that he can't go on without her, because he loves her so much, they were all right, and by the end of the story he is the one begging her to forgive him for not taking her back soon as this happened.

This time in your story, while the husband at least did try to do it the right thing we would all like to believe we would do (but probably wouldn't), in the end, it just wasn't enough to make it all work out.

One thing that stuck with me as a truely human (or at least male) reaction, was what happened after the husband found out. He was unable to preform, it bothered him that much. This showed, well to me, some honest emotions that were still underlying with the husband, that pretending wasn't going to take away. While you showed he was trying to be the better person, it took a doctor and the new magic pills of the ages to help him pretend. You had the husband try to be the better person, but there is only some much the average human can do.

I thought you'd go the cave man route for a bit in chapter 2. When the husband got to finally hurt the two guys who sexed up his wife. Often some other writers use this as a way for the husband to prove he wasn't a wimp or a cuckold, and also they use this as a way to start creating a bridge to put the husband back together with the wife. But while you added this to the story, it also showed that the void was just too deep to bridge with this simple act of "teen aged" violence.

The last thing I wanted to say was that I liked the way that you didn't make it so that the husband had to forgive the wife in the story, because he felt that she was the only person who could ever love him. Often times the story seems to be made up of like 5-6 people: The husband, the wife, a few family and/or friends, and the person that they cheated with. And because of that small town circle thats all they have to choose from. Ever. It was great that you made the husband have all those great long suffering qualities, and showed that he was going to be using them while he was moving on to his next relationship. I thought from the first story you were going to go the "Classic" route of having them get back together regardless of what the wife did. But you summed it up pretty good. And you made a good husband seem more human to me in the process.

Kudos on a good story.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 18 years ago
Very Nice

Excellent craftsmanship, good storyline, excellent & believable dialogue...heck, you did it all, pardner. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Exceptional Author

Again it was exceptional author - you very well portrayed the cancer of infidelity which won't often succumb to past love and trust once abandoned for whatever reason.

To say that it will never be the same is very understated for even when for some reason reconciliation seems to work and the spouses stay together it is shallow, hollow and very unlikely to last long term in real life.

Now if both spouses are without commitment or conscience it could go on but any semblance of respect and trust will eventually rust away to emerge as crude unfeeling liasons to feed thier emotions until the purpose of marriage and family is forgoten. Then one AM the dawn brings a better view of reality and the hapless future commited to. The silly senseless "it's only sex" chips have all been spent and the selfishness lies about now acknowledged but too late for any rationality or possible human justification.

Then in the other scenario, even should the offended spouse be able to recommit themselves short term if the offender has a smigin of conscience the non-forgiving cancer will usually wear down whatever temporary bridges built for continuation. Respect and trust lost can never be regained as it was. The toleration of it's loss is wearing on each spouse and seen as a deteriation of interest by each in most cases. Putting a once committed partner's failure behind a door in your mind isn't an easy exercise as it affects future thinking and judgements of purpose.

So author, the pictures you painted were tangibly real to life and it's important that they are portrayed here against the fantasies that the weak and young are excited by.

Most readers don't really think about or realize that what they read or see affects their decision making process.

Here emotions support directions that were formerly against the grain so they edge closer to being acceptable as an exciting variable to spice things up and eventually move towards those actions which are beyond human convention for selfish reasons. Oftentimes bringing others in thier wake through poor leadership or incorrectly placed trust.

Again Author - thanks - this strong effort of yours may not have been the most erotic or sensual work here but hopefully it is understood for the value offered and the entertainment provided. Consequence is an effective balance for plus or minus actions taken.

My take is that this is among the very best stories in this theme of marital consequence - I could feel what they felt thanks to your words, depth and flow - With Very High Regard

patricia51patricia51over 18 years ago
Not With a Band but a Whimper

Wonderful. A man who wasn't a wimp, wasn't a rogue SEAL. A woman who cheated, but wasn't the demoness we see a lot of lately. A wonderfully written story showing sometimes you just can't fix everything. *Curtseying* Well done indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Good "Reflection"

here's a character that the author has given intelligence; yes, it's terrible that she made the mistake; but she's being honest about it --- as did the husband.

both tried after the mistake was made, to their best ability, but nothing was going to work. this, again, reflects more reality than fantasies. sometimes some betray, even when revealed honestly by the betrayer, is just too psychologically damaging to sustain any long term relationship.

the price people are willing to pay is sometimes heavy, as this story/this character says. despite what she has learned, though, she has not learned nearly enough: she thought and still THINKS today that he wanted glamour, superficial beauty, etc.

well, in HER he did have that; mostly skip deep. in this other formerly meek, shy woman, perhaps HE might just finally find goodness, trust, and true love.

HenryDavidThoreauHenryDavidThoreauover 18 years ago
To Cheat With the Likes of Brian?

Most of the stories about cheating here, the women seem to think those she cheated with were either incredibly nice, with big equipments, romantic, or all those,,,

From few women do we see (the men they cheated with) as being portrayed as selfish bastards out to fuck any and all women they can undress, like the charater in Brian in this story.

The loving, dedication, and maturity of the husband in this story are total contrasts to a person she was willing to cheat with, this Brian guy and his likes...

One wonders, in real life, what she'd make of such ironies:

[1] the extramarital sex was mediocre at best (and surely you can't live on sex alone, even if you think, like most of these typical Literitoca women charaters do, the sex you have outside of a marriage is just out of this world) and [2] THEN you lose someone who truly loved you (as well as the whole family) over it (someone who did not throw you out immediately but who became even more understanding and loving despite your acts of betrayal,,,)

One wonders what must be going through in such a person's head, when after so many years living with and being loved by a good person, one found herself (could be a he, too) having to start all over again, meeting more men like that Brian character than ones with her former husband's qualities,,,

Sad but life is sometimes a harsh teacher and most of the time it teaches its lessons only once, especially to the sufferable

GhostbearGhostbearover 18 years ago
Good story

A well written story with enough twists (twin brothers,new girlfriend isn't a mouse, etc.) to keep it interesting. I hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
On the whole, pretty blah.

The irritating cliche every other paragraph only added to the gimmicy nature of this piece. The whole story kept asking the most classic line of all; "Why did you write this crap?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
VERY GOOD STORY!!!

Can’t say enough …well thought out story line….

The only misgiving is that Em in order to get away from Brian/Brad asap…gave them the best fucking of their lives…Em really poured it on even more so than she would normally have with Hubby…why …so that Brian/Brad could cum quickly….and she could leave… That is inexcusable…if Brian/Brad taped it for later blackmail….or to rub it in Tim’s face and Tim was able to view the tape…he would be conflicted with what Em told him and what she actually did…the classic line … “Birds of a feather, flock [fuck] together”….

So it was not unusual, that Brian/Brad upon seeing her wanted another piece…Em should have laid there like a piece of furniture and left Brian/Brad as a shitty fuck…but no…. she had to be the best she ever was….even if she didn’t enjoy it…shame on her….

As for Tim, a Part 3 can be written, explaining how he searched her out that evening, the pain and anguish…the reasons for the later impotence…the inside disgust…why the separation…[the demons he was seeing]…the purpose of the divorce…how Melinda came into his life.. and added to it…their subsequent marriage with Em being invited.

And added to the story…the razzing Em received from the girls at work after Brian/Brad bragged to everyone what a great fuck she was…and that being the reason she quit…not because of Tim….but because word got around that she was a great fuck…and was being asked out…and even called at home…to Tim’s disgust…..In fact, have a few of Tim’s so called friends privately asking Em out because they heard she was a great fuck and had a video tape of her and the classic line … “keep your friends close…but your enemies closer”…and the list goes on and on..

I am only adding on to the great story presented…..but my part is easy…because the author’s excellent writing makes it possible..

“nuff said

Andy

ChagrinedChagrinedover 18 years ago
Yeah, Pretty blah

It wasn't a bad story but it didn't really move me one way or the other. The peoplel were classic, dull and lifeless just like the lines used. This could have been better if there was some passion demonstrated anywhere. Hard to believe she was a good fuck because I got the sense she was kinda dead from the neck up.

Some stories provoke tears, some rage, some nausea. Sad to say all this gave me was a yawn. Better luck next time.

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
Not Bad

Enjoyed your story. My only suggestion would be to try to develop more emotion for your characters so we're drawn into your story. How to do that I don't know. If I did I'd write. LOL!!

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Pretty good

Enjoyable story. I like that the husband at least tried but even with that it isn't enough. As reading it seemed like things were looking up and might have been able to pull through until the twin situation appeared. Had it not been found out (and even she didn't know this) by either of them it might have worked but all it did it seemed was destory what they tried to rebuild.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
I Loved

the story. It was te first of these type . "I love him so such" but I'm going to hace sexwith him and i don't give a shit what he says" stories that has the wife bring along just too much baggage to the relationship after she confesses all to hubby "after" the fucking.

Pardon the classic line but "the fucking cunt deserved everything she got.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Good story

But I'm a little bit perplexed as to why Tim made like he was trying to get past her stupidity and instead just got to feeling worse about it. I would think the FIRST impression would be to move out. And WHY didn't they try counseling. Just mighta helped.

She IS repentent. She insists she loves him only so counseling to help him would make sense to me.

Anyone can fuck up once, right?

RandallRRandallRover 18 years ago
Accurate Portrayal

of the likely consequences of putting lust before love, betrayal of a loved one for nothing more than curiosity. Em's character had a basic flaw, an under-developed instinctive trait where people who are devoted to their partner don't cheat (at least in real life), and the story was the better for the writer showing that flaw. Well done on that score....top notch character portrayal, and plausible scenario. I liked the 'moral' of the story, '"be careful what you wish for"...for you may just receive the un-expected consequence' (another classic line).

Your first chapter of this offering prompted me to read your other work, which I found enjoyable and I'd like to compliment you on your obvious efforts to improve your submissions over time. More please!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
An Excellent Story

I liked the flow of the story. Of course what I really liked was Tim getting to bust up Brian and Brad. Great going. Emily is one strange lady. She carries a grudge from cradle to grave and apparently the grudge interferes with her thought process.

Thank You. Ronnie W.

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Very Nice

Very nicely done. Realistic. Great read.

Keep it up. Thanks.

The WandererThe Wandererover 18 years ago
another great story but

Why is it that, the readers on this site think that everyone actually really thinks about what the consequences of their actions are going to be when they do some thing.

It would be a nice world if people didn't get killed by drunk drivers, who just had that one more drink because they were feeling low. If your into charity work you will know how many people volunteer to help, but soon give up when they realise how much effort is involved.

The world out there is full of unhappy people who got involved with the wrong man/woman and ruined their marriage. Most people don't think. They react to they're feelings at any one moment. Given the right circumstances or desires, anyone could be a hero. Or a coward. Or cheat on their spouse!

The WandererThe Wandererover 18 years ago
another great story but

Why is it that, the readers on this site think that everyone actually really thinks about what the consequences of their actions are going to be when they do some thing.

It would be a nice world if people didn't get killed by drunk drivers, who just had that one more drink because they were feeling low. If your into charity work you will know how many people volunteer to help, but soon give up when they realise how much effort is involved.

The world out there is full of unhappy people who got involved with the wrong man/woman and ruined their marriage. Most people don't think. They react to they're feelings at any one moment. Given the right circumstances or desires, anyone could be a hero. Or a coward. Or cheat on their spouse!

hal_2142hal_2142over 18 years ago
More classic lines!

A fun to read story.

Thoughts on a part 3.

For Emily if she really wants to try and get him back. "When the going gets tough the tough get going", "He or she who dares wins", "I saw him first" "It's not over until the fat lady sings"(At the wedding)

For both ladies: "He's mine...!"

For the new lady: "Finders keepers losers keepers", " Look what I found".

For him: "Look what the cat dragged in"," What did I get myself into"

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
Let the first who have not sinned…

I want to offer an alternative reading to the story. While most stories in the “cheating wives” genre revolve around the themes of cheating; lying; discovery and revenge, this one would be an exception. According to my reading, it is actually about pride and about vanity and about what constitutes real vs. fake loyalty.

This story is suspenseful and it is realistic. With regard to the latter, it means that things, do not always fall in place the way we wish they would, and “who said there is justice in the world” (another line?). So, for all I know, the story earned its credibility and its surprising ending. I should have seen the husband’s behavior coming, but I did not. I give it the highest rating with no qualms.

So why is it, I was wondering, that I feel like something is bothering me? Maybe it comes from my sense of rooting for those who are wronged. I looked again into the history of this couple. The husband: sensitive loving and all, is used to having his way with all his choices: good or bad, and getting away or being forgiven or accepted as the case may be.

First example, his going to the military. He had the option to get into academic studies since his beloved girlfriend wished him not to die. But he was an honorable man and stuck to his guns. Thus, for the first but not the last time, she accepted his decision, and loyally waited. I suspect that not too many would.

Second example, he honesty discloses his indiscretion with prostitutes, during his service. Somehow war is presented as a warehouse of sorts to provide for ‘behaviors under special circumstances’ (I was in a war. Still, no special circumstances of this kind were accepted. Believe me - you could still ‘just say no.). The wife still forgave him. Appreciating their history together, his forthcoming about his decision (do not say mistake) to have sex with prostitutes.

Third, and maybe the worst IMO, after he survives all the hazards of war, he would not relent and save his now wife from unnecessary extreme distress, rather, he presses her on until she, yet again, relents and allows him to have his jollies.

Now, for ONCE in HER life SHE makes the wrong decision. It is obvious that she is very naïve in her thinking. After all, she shares her plans and asks for permission… But her husband’s vain pride and insincere qualified ok – had a lot to do with it too. Was he really not aware of any distress on his part? (See how relieved he was when he thought that the threat was over), I do not think so. That was his great opportunity to say:’you know what, I changed my mind. I realize now how terrible it feels to be on the receiving end of risking the end of our marriage. Please, if there is even a risk, do not do it.’ Why didn’t he? Clearly, He would have to admit that he wronged his wife, at least with his genius idea of ‘sky diving and to hell with wife’s feelings’. So, His choice was to admit wrong doing and to ask for forgiveness for his past selfishness, on one hand, or to stay too proud (to acknowledge any wrong doing) and/ or wanting to keep his options open for future exotic ventures, on the other. Bottom line, he keeps his lips sealed, and with it, gives his generous contribution to his wife’s predicament. Of course she is not blameless. She thought she could lie – and acted upon it. Only after the fact does she tell him about it. Returning, even voluntarily, stolen goods is not equal to not stealing at all – and she knows it. Technically, she did not cheat because they still had their foolish agreement. Than, as soon as she could, she was as forthcoming as he was. She regretted her decision even before the liaison was over. She immediately accepted all responsibility (no foggy excuses of war). She would accept every consequence deem necessary by her husband, and was as humble as dust (she does not feel that she gained any credit from all their life together). Finally for all the years of devotion, patience, forgiveness and loyalty (up to this one time failure) on her part, he drops her.

Gee, had I not read the story again, I would have thought that my nagging feeling that this husband is a self centered, spoiled, sensitive - to himself only, rigid and unforgiving, not what I would call a real “man” – is just a misperception. No worry, this is no “wimp husband” story in the usual sense. If any thing, I see a new model rising here: the Spoiled Selfish Husband and the Wimp Wife. (SHWW).

Was he really so great for her? I mean, beyond the proverbial neck breaking of potential hecklers. As exposed in the last portion of the story, insecure selfish ungrateful and too rigid (except for getting high on risky behaviors) I would say no, and good riddance to him! She could find someone who is sensitive to her where it really counts - beyond gestures.

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years agoAuthor
Thanks for all the comments!

I am grateful for the time and energy taken by all of you who commented, congratulatory AND critical. My mind is churning with a number of new ideas that are a direct outcome of the your collective comments on my story

I do NOT want to be an apologist for my characters!

I DO want to discuss them!

Kolkore has some very interesting notions I hadn't seen, so I thought I'd like to comment in return.

I believe Tim would have got past Em's indiscretion had it not brought on some additional and unforseen issues. Had it been a private, one time only, just for the thrill of the sex fling, Tim's love and respect for Em would have overcome the infidelity.

BUT, there were other issues:

1. Em, albiet silently, lied, by knowingly and deliberately letting him think she had called off the liason with Brian. That hurt Tim perhaps as much as her fucking him/them.

2. In spite of his substantial martial arts abilities, Tim abhors violence and avoids it when he can. Her liason led to a violent confrontation with Brad and Brian that further upset him.

3. Tim didn't want the details of the event, as you may recall, but he was told that Em hadn't enjoyed it at all, that it had been a bad experience. That contrasted with Brad's recollection of her performance and his description of her being the "best fuck of all the women from that office". Tim knows she silently lied about going there. Did she lie about how she hadn't enjoyed it too?

4. "This must be the cuckold wimp husband" Brad said as he met Tim. In order to get away, Em lied to Brian/Brad saying her husband knew where she was. Tim has to wonder just what the hell she did say about him to them.

5. The public brawl in the hotel became known back at their golf club. It could no longer be a hurt that they could bear in private. It's now public, remember Brad was talking loudly at the lounge.

I wanted Tim to be a good guy but Kolkore has some interesting ideas.

I may have to have Tim tell his side! Who knows?

Thanks again to you all.

cageytee

magmamanmagmamanover 18 years ago
Interesting title/storyline combo..enjoyed

Nice quality writing with a feel of being an honest account.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
Go for it!!

I could not dream of a better outcome to my feedback. I am very grateful for your attention. I always believed that every story lends itself to more than one valid interpretation. Regardless of weather any of my comments is going to be reflected in some way or not in it,I am intrigued and excited about the possibility of a “his side” addition to the existing story! I always loved the “double mirror effect” resulting from comparing and contrasting points of views.

Again, thank you very much for your response, and for the possibility of an addition!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very good..

Very good story, well written, hope to read more....

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well Written

Congratulations on producing a very well written story somewhat reminiscent of "Karen" by Blue88.Both stories have the same unbelievable premise : that a woman happpily married for 26 years to a loving husband that she adores would suddenly become obsessed with the idea of having an affair.--and in your case an affair with a macho,braggart employed by the same company. Once you accept that premise, the story is extremely well done with wonderful description of the effort of both husband and wife to restore the former trust and love. I have to agree with Kolkore, though, that hubby is kind of a self-rightous prig.who cannot get over her idiotic obsession and lets the marriage disintegrate and fall.It's terribly sad story but irritating in that her affair is so idiotic and unenjoyable and his rightousness seems very pompous. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very sad, very good!

Well written, like your other stories. I was bummed that he couldn't get over it, especially when you see how miserable she was and that she didn't even remotely enjoy the sex (plus was tricked during the act). Although I like happy endings, it is true that it doesn't usually come out that way. Considering how badly these stories are usually written, I'll take a sad ending over a stupid one.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 18 years ago
Top marks for story but.......

KOLKORE summed up my feelings perfectly - Tim is a 'spoiled selfish husband' and a real bastard too. Em is better off without him! After so many years of making her suffer his thoughtless self-centred arrogance, which included fucking several prostitutes, he cannot 'get over' her one mistake (with his knowledge and seeming consent!) in an otherwise faithful relationship. Tim obviously followed her to the cabin, saw what went on (including Brian/Brad and how she was tricked) and decided to string her along while not intending to save the marriage. One wonders how long his affair with Melissa has been going on, her change from mousy, meek and shy to lovely, sexy, poised and confident is suspicious! Cageytee, I really love your work but this time less so. The selfish self-centred attitude of Tim pissed me off! My sympathies went to Em - she deserved better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I thought it was a great story, even a "Classic"

The art of predicting human behavior is just that, an art. So when he said he would try to get over it if she did something, that was what he wished for, not a plan.

Once you put a joker in the deck it can really mess up the hand!

Compare her life before and her life after: would she say it was worth it? She knew she was doing wrong; she just had to jump out of that damn plane!

Nice effort - DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Mixed feelings

I have mixed feelings about this hero. He who throws the first stone...whatever...she forgave him when he committed "a mistake." When the heroine in her stupidity and insecurity (oh those menopausal women) commits his mistake, he can't get over it. She didn't hide her mistake, she confessed. We're supposed to believe she got her just desserts. Sorry, can't buy it. There is a sense of a double standard in this story. Men can cheat, but God forbid that the little woman does. They had years and years of a caring marriage, but he couldn't work through it, so he cast her aside and immediately acquired companionship. Bullshit. I give high ratings to the story because it was well-written and interesting. It made me think. That's what an author should do. But I do hate when my heros are not heroes.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
wjhat story did PEATBOG and KOKLORE read?

Folks does anyone have any idea what the posters MIXED FEELINGS PEATBOG and KOLKORE read? B/c it sure as fuck was NOT this one !!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

The argument made by these 3 posters is laughably absurd and shows a very piss poor grasp of reality

Tim a powerful built semi amachio man was overseas KILLING people ina time of war and violence and saw a few prostitutes when he have in his early 20s...

this story.... the affair ... takes place 20+ years later...

yet these posters are citing that as proof that Hubby is selfish?

or Hubby's skydiving? are those posters fucking stupid or crazy?

while I can understand the wife's internal angst of sky dying that is NOT in anyway the same thing as

1 lying to hubby that you were NOT going to screw Brad

2 then actually screwing him and his brother

3 then huby finds out she screwed VOLUNTARILY both of them

4 having a public confrontation..... so EVERYONE knows

5 then catching wife in YET ANOTHER LIE... she said she never enjoyed the sex with themm... when clearly she did

5 Once the story is out thee... HUBBY now has to deal with numerous guys approaching his wife for sex as if his wife is NOW a whore

ALL of that is EQUAL to 1 day Of internal worry about hubby's sky diving ?

or seeing hooker 20+ years in a time of War and killing overseas?

are these 3 posters totally fuckin de-ranged?

having a affair with Two guys giving tme gr

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
I Love A Happy Ending

Thank Gawd he didn't wimp out. I know he tried to wimp, but just couldn't do it. Good SHOW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Tim

I hope Tim has a better life with Melissa and i hope Melissa doesnt hurt Tim like Em did it would hurt tim so bad .thanks alot cageytee for that story continue on with Tim and Melissa.

Pat Murray

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone ;)

Good story with well-written prose, good characterizations and a believable plot. The references to the "classic" lines were a little much for me but still, it's an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
No woman is worth it

She was a pure slut even if for one time. No woman like that is worth keeping for any length of time. It is one thing if they play together. What she did had nothing to do with safe, sane, consensual sex. She was a slut who was only worried after the act. Add the words. Betrayal, lying, infidelity, broken marriage vows, disrespect, unloving, uncaring, self gratifying, risk taking, irresponsible, STDs, AIDS, Hep, yes the list goes on and on for years................

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
Pretty much had everything

Wonderfully written, enough violence for the wimp haters, reconcilliation effort for the cereberal, and a happy future for Tim, yay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
She planned to commit adultry, she schemed to

commit adultry, she betrayed her husband to commit adultry, and she totally disrespected her husband, his wishes, and his words. There is no possibility of redemption or forgiveness. She is was and will always be an adulterous slut. Its a shame so many women think only with their vaginas when they are all wet and the hormones flow hard and prevent real thought. Why she was left with anything past her share is the real question, she had a job and could pay her own way and pay him for his share of the home. Women fought hard for equality and nondiscrimination and they should get it equal with there men. If he had commited the adultry do you think he would have gotten off so easily?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Liked it...good short story...Realistic...

Very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great Story

She had just destoryed her happiness for what? A different dick in her pussy? I really pity Em. I know a friend whose story resemble Em, she is now living alone for 10 years after divorced. Once in a while, I would visit her & cheer her up (no sex). She has been regretting since.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Outstanding story

Interesting that Tim did not actively seek to hurt her in any way. I think that this was the best for him.

droogedroogealmost 16 years ago
Just one problem with this story...

The character of the hero is just too unbelievable for words. He is PERFECTION and as everyone knows there is no one that is perfect. His wife is incredibly naive and lives on a planet far far from earth. I wonder how she would develop a belief that any average male would allow himself to be cuckolded even if no one found out about it, it is for a man the ultimate humiliation. The great majority of men equate their love to their sexual performance and satisfaction of their wives. But the wife is not all to blame, she told him what she intended to do and he should have loudly and clearly told his wife what the consquences would be, but he was so perfect that he thought she should give it a shot and then he would see if he could accept it. What a loser! The story itself was extremely well written and much appreciation from this mere critic for your efforts.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
failed to make him a wimp

This story was completely believable. Cheater will delude themselves to cheat. She felt true remorse, her delusion was that Tim would forgive her raping him. That is what cheating is btw. As it turns out Tim tries to stay married to her probably out of a sense of loyalty and love. After all only he and she know about. When it becomes public knowledge the full effect of the rape appears and Tim can no longer stay with her. Does he still love her? Absolutely and that is why he has to leave. This is also why he is not a wimp like so many other stories. He thought that he could handle it. In the end he found he couldn't. The last delusion of the cheater was that over time he would return to her. Cheaters never prosper, not in this story and not in real life.

katibkatibover 15 years ago
Nice

Each time I read this story, I have greater appreciation for your skill. Just one minor point: keep in mind the difference between "illicit" and "elicit."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Hmmmm

I dislike the double standard here. I don't care if he was in the military; nothing about cheating is acceptable, and it seems wrong for her to be the villain in this piece when he slept around on her.

Actually, he deserves for his new woman to cheat on him too. Maybe leave him for a soldier who is actually honorable.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Good but a bit unbelievable

I cheated while in Viet Nam and I too confessed when I returned to my young bride. My wife handled it for years but I no longer respected her as much for some reason. I think that I did not love her enough not to cheat to be truthful. I was selfish when I received an R&R to Bangkok, Thailand. I thought of my own physical needs as someone said during war time. My wife cheated on me after a few years and I eventually divorced her because I lost even more respect for her. I know that I applied the old Double Standard as I was now a respected man in the community and did not enjoy being a cuckold. I don't think Tim divorced her because he was such a good man. I think that he too followed the old Double Standard. I mean, I did what I did because I was a man and I could do so with backslaps from my buddies. The horrors of war are not a real excuse my friends. It is just a man's excuse when not getting any. My wife was a virgin when we married and I somehow think she had a right to try what I had done. Cheating leads to cheating and there must be some kind of understanding that this weakness is always among us. My point is this I guess. My first wife was a virgin when we married and she stayed true while I was gone. I respected her for that and spent 15 years as a faithful husband until she started cheating. I was able to leave her then for another woman that I fell in love with. I realize now that I never loved my first wife enough not to cheat overseas or to stay with her after losing that respect I had for her as a faithful wife. I am not so sure that Tim really loved his wife as much as you make out in the story. He damn sure did not love her enough to get over her one mistake as she had done for his many! Twenty years in between does not matter when you are sharing a love-life together. This was a good story but the romantic way you wrote about the two of them does not jive with him breaking up with her. In the end they both had betrayed what you wrote about their wonderful marriage. I think that you provided the wrong ending for this romantic love story that you wrote. Just an opinion... Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Messed up story thread and irritating gimmicks

Basic story had good potential. Couple with great closeness, communication and honesty until the end. Gimmick of classic lines was irritating and disrupted the story. It isn't cute. As RonWood said ending was not consistent with the "great" marriage described. Also the lack of self control of wife was hard to believe. Who couldn't look at another man or woman and think what it would be like to have sex with them? The twin gimmick was pure trash. Don't need gimmicks to make a story interesting. Twists and turns are great, and do not foretell the story. It's the same as putting the last page up front in the introduction.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
Great Story

I loved the happy ending! Tim got what he deserved, another chance with a loyal and loving woman. To bad his ex wife hadn't realized what she had before she fucked it all up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Damn Good One!

I like your story plot.The famous "You reap what your sow" applies here to Em.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
So ..

... the whore wife goes out and fucks her "fantasy" and "then" decides to be the "best" wife ever for Tim "AFTER THE FACT"! Sure sounds like she got to have her cake and eat it too. And what did Tim get? A SLUT wife who cuckolded him and then had the "nerve" after she got her "sloppy hole" pleasured to assume she could make it "all right" ... no harm no foul! Oh and she really suffered like her faithful, loving husband. What's wrong with this story ( and so many others written by cuck loving authors ) is that after the Whore wife cheats and destroys her spouse, the "idiot" writers want to make the reader think that the cheater is the one to suffer more than the one cheated on! A "1" is what you get Cageytee for your efforts and will continue to get from this reader until you recognize that it's the spouse that is wronged who deserves to be admired AND the cheating partner that needs to be punished by that spouse severely and repeatedly. No one cares for the cheater .. period .. and the readers want to see the wrong righted for the one cheated on! You Cageytee failed miserably in this case!!!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
What a weird story...

I thought Chapter 1 totally sucked and thought Chapter 2 was fantastic. I'll give you total credit for putting, as it turns out, a unique twist to this story. Also, you were right, Tim was definitely not a weak character. What people do to us does not make us either weak or strong, our reactions to those actions decide that.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
CLASSIC-SMASHIC

new adventures seem so docile,= until,= unless. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Unbelievable

I am stunned that there are so many broken-hearted people out there who fail to acknowledge that Tim was no better than Em in this story. While I don't condone what either party did in this matter, it seems hard to believe that Tim, a military veteran, is unable to handle what Em did in this story, especially since he did the same thing and continued to seek adrenaline-infused activities to compensate for his being away from military action (which he indicated he hated, but apparently still needed the thrills!!)

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
You Gotta Be Kidding!

An exceptionally strong character? Anything but a wimp? Bullpussy! Oh, he had the outward appearances. He was athletic, powerful, a war veteran, and was not afraid of a fight. He was even a great husband. He was attentive to his wife, giving her every possible reason in this world to be happy. He had amassed a great deal of this world's goods and gave her and his children a comfortable life. Even here he had balanced things. He was not a workaholic. He made plenty of time to keep up with his family's needs. He was, by his wife' own admission, an incredible lover. This man did everything humanly possible, in word as well as deed, to show his wife that he loved her. The man even does volunteer work with children. I half expected a scene in the story where the man managed to walk on water. In short, the character seemed to be too good to be true. This turned out to be the case.

There is a Jeckyll/Hyde persona to this man. We see a man who has stared death in the face, a man who won't back down from a direct threat. Yet when his wife plainly tells him that she selfishly intends to have a fling with the object of her fantasy, he shifts into some spineless character that we don't even recognize. He offers up this weak "Baby I might not be able to handle it, but You'll have to decide what to do" crap. Really? When the selfish bitch goes through with her fling, after seemingly deciding not to do it, what is his response? Not the quite understandable outrage at this sordid treatment he has received, just inward turmoil and sulking with barely a protest. This macho poser even goes to the extreme of trying to carry on a relationship with a spoiled, ungrateful, adulterous cow that he has to take Viagra to get it up for. I shudder that I'm even typing this statement, but quite frankly this Mickey Mouse son of a bitch deserves to be cheated on! Had he been one quarter of the man he was portrayed to be, he would have told the cunt that if she cheated on him her hindquarters were history.

In the end, I grudgingly gave this story two stars. I say grudgingly because I contemplated only one. I went higher because both installments were very well written. The frustration I quite obviously feel with this story is simply the incompatible duality of this man's character. In writing him as you have you, inadvertently or not, managed to turn him into the very thing you claimed he would not be!

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Like watching a car accident in slow motion

I liked the story, but didn't really love it. Well written, which I expected. The weird twist about the twin brothers doing what they do was, well, interesting (but unnecessary). But, like other commenters, I just can't get what hubby was all bout. He is a successful businessman, a war vet who saw some shit, a long-time marital artist, and an athlete of considerable physical ability. Sounds like he and wife have a really solid relationship for decades. A lot of honesty, etc. What was with his reaction to her admitting that she was interested in an affair with Brian? She first introduced this guy into their fantasies and role-play sex, etc.. Then, she fishes the idea of no-strings one-time sex with him; and brings up her seriously considering having an overnight affair with him after his offer. Wife was, to that point, at least being honest. Hubby had a right to by angry, hurt, and sad from this confession, but he could have nipped it in the bud right then. He instead was dishonest (in my mind).

He could have said: "No. I will not agree to you having sex with another man."

He could have elaborated, to show his feelings and thoughts on the issue: "It would hurt me terribly if you did that. I would be crushed. I would feel that I was not everything you needed in a man. I doubt I could remain married to you if you did that. If you wanted to hurt me the most you possibly could, then you would go ahead and do that."

He could have responded to her stupid argument comparing sky-diving to cheating:

"When we married, we promised to be faithful to each other. We promised that to each other, before God, our friends and our families. What you are asking to do would be a betrayal of that. It would be a betrayal of me, and our marriage. Skydiving is a dangerous activity. I know it worried you that I did that, and that it subjected you to fear. But, we didn't promise each other that we would never do anything dangerous. We promised that we would not cheat on each other, though."

He could have used psychology to put the shoe on the other foot: "I want you to imagine me coming to you and telling you that I have these fantasies about (those sisters who hit on him). I want you to imagine that they offered me a no-strings weekend of crazy sex, and that I really wanted to do it. I want you to imagine that I am asking you to give me permission to do it. How would that make you feel?"

He could have set out the possible consequences clearly: "If you do this, I might hate you. I will certainly be very angry with you. If our marriage were to survive this, I don't think I will ever feel the same way about you again. I think I would always be haunted by the memory of what you did. I don't know that I could ever bring myself to touch you, much less kiss, hug or make love to you, ever again. I might need to get revenge by fucking another woman, or women, just to make myself feel better. Do you really want to risk all that just to satisfy your curiosity and ego with this guy?"

He could have also bluffed: "if you do this, and i find out about it, I will divorce you. Period. My love for you would die if you did this/I may still love you, but I could never trust you again."

If she played the "you did this before and I forgave you" card, he could say: "yes, that is true, but we weren't married yet, and that does matter. I was young, foolish, and in war-where the normal rules don't always apply. I'm not condoning what I did, but this is something you are planning on doing in the cold light of day, and you're married, and we've been together for over 25 years. And, to be honest, maybe you're a better and more forgiving person than I am. I just could not get over this."

This wife went down a dark road, but hubby didn't guide her as he should have. Since he was not a cuckold wanna-be, he needed to make his feelings very well known. I get the "let her make the decision for herself" motivation, but once she brought him into the conversation, he owed it to her, himself, and the marriage to make sure she was very clear on his feelings, and that she understood the consequences. His lack of honesty and support for his wife (not blaming him, btw) did leave the door open for her to see this incident as a minor hurdle that they could get past if he ever found out.

Everything about the hubby's reaction during that crucial conversation confused the shit out of me. He's a very loving and considerate man who loves his wife. But, in an effort to assure her of his love, he failed to do what he most needed to do: let her know in no uncertain terms that he would not agree with her having an affair, and he would not stand for it.

The wife's rather submissive nature (evidenced by her falling under the sway of the masculine seducer Brian) suggests that she needed a strong hand-hubby must have known that. In some ways, this reminds me of SS0's Kissing My Angel Goodnight, in that the hubby is told that wife is enamored by this dominant personality. But, rather than putting his foot down and letter her know exactly what was what, he kind of leaves her on her own to make a decision that she is not capable of handling on her own. Of course, this story was not as dark or extreme as that, but the theme is similar: when a spouse reaches out to her husband to let him know that she is slipping down the rabbit-hole, he needs to throw her a life-line; that is, strongly asserted position on the issue: don't fucking do it, or else. Some woman need their strong cave-men to come out with club swinging (figuratively) once in a while. She needed hubby to set the rules, and to fight for her-just a little. He failed to do that, to disasterous consequences.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
also reminds me a little of

Blood from a Turnip. Again, a very different story. But, in both, the wife fishes about the possibility of an affair. (She was more clear of her intentions in this story). And, in both cases, the hubby tries to let the wife know that he is not ok with it (hubby was less clear in this story). But, in both stories, the wife interprets what hubby says as leaving the door open a bit for her to have the affair if she feels she needs to do it (again, BFAT required more creativity from the wife to make that interpretation). I can't help but want to beat the door down through the fourth wall and into the story and scream: "Hubby is totally not OK with wife sleeping with another man! Get it? How much clearer does anyone need to be on this? It is totally against the rules! Understand!?! Don't do it. Period." Anyway, you got my blood boiling on this. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Breach v. bridge

One does not "breach a gap", indeed to "breach" indicates the creation of a gap. One "bridges" a gap to bring both sides together.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
DAMN

A loving and caring marriage between two people went down the tubes, because the wife just had to try someone different. I'm not calling her my usual names because it does not apply to this tale. She made a mistake, a costly one, and it destroyed her in the end.

DON"T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

CONSEQUENCES ABOUND

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 DOUBLE TROUBLE

after an unknowing GB, a do over is requested. TK U MLJ LV NV

Northern_WriterNorthern_Writeralmost 12 years ago
Enjoyed it but...

It was a great story without the classic lines. All those "classic line" asides were distracting and added nothing of value to the story.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 12 years ago
She should have gone skydiving

Because it doesn't involve betrayal, deceit, disrespect, and infidelity. One of the laughs I get from these stories is the incredible rationalizations that the characters use to try to equate their cheating to something else that is OK.

I'm curious about what it would feel like to have 10 million dollars so it's OK for me to rob a bank. Honest, I'll only do it once! I've never tried heroin either. I've never raped anyone. I've never murdered anyone. So many things to try, so little time.

It's a good story and Tim's reaction seems real except for the passiveness with which he accepts her plans to cheat on him. Well gee honey, I might get upset, maybe. The vast majority of men are going to be VERY upset and let it be known that it is NOT OK. While he is a calm character, Tim is not passive and demonstrates that in taking out the punks and taking out Brian and Brad. His limited reaction doesn't fit.

However, faced with the outcome of her infidelity I can see that he might struggle with his decision. He loves his incredibly stupid wife. But he can never trust her again. Part of trusting is being able to count on rational behavior. Em has shown that her thinking cannot be counted on. This wasn't a spur of the moment Oops. It was a long and well considered decision to do something wrong and destructive and to fool herself into thinking it was a trivial event.

MadBrownMadBrownabout 11 years ago
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CLASSIC LINES!

Alright, that's the title. But, it was very distracting to me to lose the flow of the story every few minutes. Your comments, rather than adding to the story, detracted from it. Otherwise, it wasn't bad.

HardFeltHardFeltabout 11 years ago
Not bad

Good story. Well written. Excellent presentation. Finally a good one! Hubby should have been a little more brutal; still not bad.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
Regret

I have met a few people who fucked up their relationship and lived to regret it. In some cases, the results were severe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So much for a strong man

Needed to get over it as he expected her to get over his earlier infidelities.

Instead the strong man shut down, stopped communicating, and walked away like a wimp.

Sad end.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 10 years ago
A great cautionary tale

sad and funny at the same time. cageytee is greatly missed. Please write more... *****

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
I hate willing cuckolds, Tim was not one.

He behaved in as honorable fashion as any man could. His performance issues were probably due to her unfaithfulness, no doubt in my mind. His slut of a wife deliberately went into this relationship with Brian knowing all along that it was wrong and she did not get as bad a treatment as she deserved. Another classic line "Curiosity killed the cat".

Thank you for writing this good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
thrill is gone

Stupid is as stupid does......another classic. She reaped what she sowed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Darn

A little sad,she fooled herself.

Good story,I felt bad for her,but she reaped what she sewed.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

Appropriate ending. Five stars.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Hadn't read that plot twist before

The idea of the twin benefactors of the seduction was certainly novel. In all the LW Literotica Stories I've read over the years this was the most surprising of plot twists.

I'm on my way thrrough your stories alphabetically and hope your other stories provide as much pleasure.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Fantasy is one thing,

but when she had to call out the name of a man that her husband knew she lusted after to get off while having sex was beyond right. She was absolutely cheating on her husband at that time. If she needed to think she was with someone else to orgasm, she actually was with someone else, she surely wasn't there with her husband. That should have been a huge red flag, as well as the "talk" she thought she was having with her husband about sex being just sex. If that is the case, why do it in a marriage. If the "love" and intimacy was what made it worthwhile and so much better than just sex with someone else, then actually those feelings are all you need to have a good marriage and you can just fuck somewhere else. She was stupid and selfish. If women do indeed try their best to tempt their friends and co workers into cheating on their husbands and boyfriends, then they should be named in the divorce as well. Maybe have the shit beaten out of them just like the wife's lover(s). He was no wimp, but she was not a wife. Kind of sad.

RedPillRedPillabout 9 years ago
Ten years later...

and people are still commenting on this excellent story.

This thing that strikes me the most is the business about needing to know what you are missing, which seems to be a common LW theme. If it's important enough to cause your partner incredible pain in order to see what you may be missing, do you really love them? And it it's that important to experience it once, isn't it even more important to not be missing it for the rest of your life? So the idea that "it's only once, just so I'll know" is a lie. If it's that good, and more important that I not miss some pleasure than that I protect my spouse, then it follows that I will leave my spouse for the better experience if indeed it proves that good.

So the whole "it's just a one time thing, not a danger to our marriage" is a complete lie. Sleeping with someone else is auditioning another potential spouse.

I liked that Mr. "incredible sexual athlete" turned out to be two, and not really so incredible. Implying that if it's that important to have such an incredible lover, she can only be satisfied with gangbangs. After all, no one man can compete with a roomful of guys.

RePhilRePhilabout 9 years ago
Why jump out of a perfectly good plane

Or marriage ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wishful Thinking

What's this old line about trying out another dick? Hell most women who marry now a days should wear a black wedding gown with a hole in the crotch. Instead they come on about the husband being the only dick they've ever had! Really?

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Second read through and

still a fine story. Having read a bunch of these type of stories since I last commented on this one I have to think that one thing comes to mind with all of them. The cheater is sure they won't get caught, even though they do it in the same town, in the same group of friends and even in the marriage bed. I don't see how that can happen. I have not indulged in the infidelity game myself but I have noticed that no matter where I travel to or how far from where I live I am at the time I invariably run into someone I know and that knows my wife. Now, it might just be my luck that this happens or my wife might be having me followed but I think it boils down to the fact that it's just a very small world and a much more mobile one that we realize.

Cheaters almost never confess in real life and I think they get away with it more than we think they do but mostly that's due to the fact that most of us trust our spouses completely or we wouldn't be with them. And if you aren't really looking to catch someone you probably won't and all of the tell-tell signs aren't going to register unless someone or something tips you off.

What an engaging writer this one turned out to be.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
I really enjoyed this story.

I'm not sure how I missed it before but I'm glad I found it now. 5 big stars and well worth it.

sinstalkersinstalkerabout 8 years ago
He is still a hypocrit...

I guess she is better off without him, he didn't love her like she loved him. She loved him enough to get past his multiple partners but he didn't love her enough to get past hers. Well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
She got exactly what she deserved

First Sinstalker - he had one woman when he was halfway around the world before they were married. That is nothing compared to her fucking someone while she was married to him. Was it wrong? Yes.

Second - this guy may have been tough, but he is still a wimp when she tells him she wants to fuck another guy and he doesn't tell her that he will dump her cheating ass before she can get back home. After her confession, he needed to watch her closely because you can bank on the fact that she's going to screw someone.

It is obvious that she's a slut and if she didn't fuck this guy she'd be fucking someone else sooner or later.

EddboyEddboyabout 8 years ago
dont know what to think

As SinStalker mentioned he did cheat with several women and she forgave and stayed with him. On the other hand you could say it was due to extenuating circumstances and they were not married then so i dont know.... I commend the author for writing the husband how he did, i think why he didnt just outright tell her no and get all hurt like the men in alot of other stories is because he was remembering his cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Thank you for a story from the woman's perspective. It was sensitive and emotional.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The weight of a marriage decree

Stunned that so many equate behavior after wedding vows has no more weight than that previous to marriage vows. God our culture is in trouble.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Eddboy has a point

In addition to that, the story ending is not that unreasonable.

It was premeditated (for quite a while) adultery. The fact that twins "tricked" her is irrelevant.

The one part where I do not like at all! is there was absolutely no call at all to "confess" to the adult children. It is not like they were kids that would be hurt by a broken home, it was none of their business. If they had shown blame and disrespect to the father that would be one thing, but they would have been fine with "just grown apart" There was absolutely no need to cause them pain.

As hard as one can try, adultery leaves a hole in trust and faith in a marriage especially at that age. So eventual divorce is certainly a possible outcome.

That being said, though, I believe that a reconciliation would be perfectly reasonable end in this situation, too. The way the author wrote this character, I can see her NEVER fucking around on him again and showing her love and respect for him until their dying days.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Seriously stupid slut

I wonder sometimes if there are people this stupid. Then I go out in public and am reminded that there are people as stupid as this slut and far worse.

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Dumb Cunt!

Dumb cunt!

gara5289gara5289over 7 years ago

Really well written and this is the kind of story where i would've been ok with reconciliation because of how well you wrote the wife.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
The seed of deliberate adultery bears bitter fruit.

With apologies to Walter B. Gibson.

Cheating, upon discovery, infects the partner with a little mind-worm. A worm of self doubt. So sorry this story worked out like it did.

Are you thing about a sequel or Epilogue?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

you shoud finnish the story so we know that they did not get back you cant leave it that the way you have that they were not getting back together..

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous