A Corrine Myers Mystery

Story Info
A new story with some old friends.
1k words
4.57
2.5k
6

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/11/2023
Created 09/08/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Arking
Arking
350 Followers

A Corrine Myers Mystery

Blackmail you say.

Who is Corrine Myers I hear you ask. She is a self-employed Private Detective and a committed lesbian. Out, proud but not one who flaunts it. She is young, under thirty, feisty, battled hardened, semi-wealthy and a woman of low morals. She does have them, just not many of them. She stands 5'8" tall is small in the chest, and fit, androgynous to look at, she trained as a police officer before being asked to leave, apparently sleeping with your partner's wife while you are meant to be watching his back, is frowned upon. Oh yes, she has friends in high places associated with the Australian spy agency called ASIO.

Nearly all of her work comes from word of mouth. Her office is a wine bar in Port Adelaide, called simply Emily's Wine Bar. It is not in the tourist part of the Port but in one of the many back streets. The locals use it, as do the vast majority of the gay community. Mainly the women but a few camp 'bois' hang out there.

She was sitting in her booth sipping on a double neat Fireball when her phone buzzed and a text came through to her.

She opened it and read it. 'I have a favour to ask. Sema4 1 hr. Sk8er'

She sighed and finished her drink. Skater is an acquaintance from her not-too-distant past. Her tag around the skate parks is 'Sk8ertoyinc' her real-life name, the one her parents gave her was Terry Cookson. She is as smart as they come. Can fix a mobile phone so that no one can trace it, in a matter of minutes, and charges like a wounded bull. The people who need her services don't mind paying her fees.

Corrine Myers was dressed in an expensive navy blue pantsuit, courtesy of a Chinese 'friend' she came across. That along with some money and some odds and ends she collected along the way has made her life a lot more comfortable than it once was.

She went up to the bar and paid her tab for the day, kissed the barmaid and waved her goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow Lisa. You still owe me remember,"

"Yeah, Yeah," Came the reply. They both laughed.

Her red Ford Mustang was parked out of the way, somewhere safe. She jumped in and kicked it into life. Slowly backed out into the side street and headed off down to Semaphore.

It took her a short while and arrived there well before the hour mark. She went up to the kiosk and ordered a coffee to go. Paid for it and went and sat on a park bench watching and waiting for Sk8er. She watched the kids racing around the park on skateboards, scooters, and modified push bikes. She laughed as they came off and bounced along the ground. It was only mid-afternoon but it must be school holidays as the park was busy with school-age kids shouting and laughing.

Sk8er came up behind Corrine and tapped her on the shoulder, she jumped. "Don't do that Terry," She said harshly.

"Don't call me that Corry," she said in reply. Just as harshly.

They looked at each other as memories came flooding back, not nice ones either. Memories of old friends who were no longer with them.

"Hi," Sk8er said and hugged her. They kissed as friends do. Tears began to well in the young girl's eyes.

"What have you been up to Sk8er? Still, keep in touch with Freddie and his crew?"

"Not a lot, and yeah, we touch base from time to time. He calls when he needs something," She told her friend.

"Does he still want you to join him full-time?" Corrine asked.

"I guess, but he hasn't mentioned it since last time. They get into some scary things Corrine,"

"Tell me about it. What about the others, do you keep in touch with them all?"

"Nar, once that 'party' happened in the wool stores, I was out of there. I like not being killed," She said. Her head dropped and she looked sideways at Corrine. "What about you?"

Corrine just shook her head, "Nope, once they cut me free, and got those kids back where they belonged, I was happy not to mix in those circles,"

They both fell silent. The memories were painful.

"So you want a favour? A babysitting job maybe?" Corrine inquired.

"Who in their right mind would trust you with their baby?" She said half smiling at her. "No, a friend of mine is being squeezed by some people, she wants someone to have a chat with them."

"Call the Police, that's what they are there for," She was told.

"Well you see, she kind of can't do that,"

"What sort of shit are you getting me into Sk8er,"

"Look she is really nice, you'll like her,"

"Sk8er, whenever somebody says that to me, it means I definitely won't like her. Tell me what her problem really is,"

She took a deep breath and leaned back on the bench. "Have you heard of K'ann Seal but she spells it C All?"

Corrine shook her head, "Should I have?" She asked.

"She is hot right now, a songstress, dancer, poet and an artist, she does it all, mega big. She is so cute, but she is attached to a complete ape," Sk8er explained.

"Well, that happens, love comes in many forms. What's her problem Sk8er, just spit it out."

"She is my sister and said ape will kill her if he sees the clip,"

"Oh, so she did a sex tape and it got out?" Corrine asked.

"What's a sex tape?" Sk8er asked and looked at her completely dumbfounded.

"NO, Some guy has a video of her doing some things at a party with some other young women and they want a lot of money or they will put it out there for the world to see."

"She isn't the first person to get caught in the act, I would have thought she would be singled out if she didn't have something out there on the net. What are you calling a lot of money?" Corrine asked her.

"Ten Million dollars US,"

"Say what? Corrine exclaimed. "TEN MILLION DOLLARS. That must be some fucking sex act,'

"Ssshhhh," Sk8er told her, "Come on, I will let her tell you the rest,"

"You mean there's more?"

They got up and headed for the car. Corrine Myers had a bad feeling already.

Arking
Arking
350 Followers