Lesbian Love Story Pt. 01

Story Info
A single woman searching for love.
20.8k words
4.74
10.1k
18

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 01/28/2024
Created 10/07/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Arking
Arking
350 Followers

Falling in love again

Author's Note: This story is Part 1 of a longer more complex romantic and sexy Lesbian Love Story.

The following Parts and these Chapter's, of this Series, and the universe it occurs in overall only exist in the mind and imagination of the author. This will be a slow burn, with details that some may find non-essential, but I feel are necessary for the story to flow. If you seek some instant gratification this may not be the best story for you. On the other hand, if you like a slow romantic story, involving two or more women, you may want to read it through to its climax. [Pardon the pun]. This Chapter contains elements of family life and warm and gentle people. I ask that you please read no further if you are seeking a rather sexy, wild lesbian romp.

Reader discretion is advised.

Applicable Tags: Older/Younger, Virgin, Romance, Female Sub, Oral Sex, Novel/Novella length. The story is told in the first person.

________________________________________

© 2023 Arking & RDKing, All Rights Reserved. Duplication of this literary piece without the expressed permission of the author for any purpose is prohibited.

Chapter One.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Candice Higgins, and no, no one gets to call me Candy. Not ever.

I am a gay woman in my 30s, well ok late thirties, but not yet showing any signs of getting close to the BIG four O. Single, yet again, it seems being monogamous isn't something I have perfected. I think I am in love with the idea of being in love.

I do not flaunt my sexuality, nor do I hide it. I keep everyone on their toes in that regard. I am flirtatious, with both sexes and yes have gone out with the occasional male just for their company. No, I don't encourage them, nor do I expect them to pay for me, but don't get offended if they insist.

I am tallish over 5'8". My hair is red, and I still have a few freckles which I use to my advantage. My green eyes sparkle, I drink moderately, eat healthily and do a soft easy exercise daily. I walk, jog, and I normally end up down at a local exercise pod, I end up doing some chin-ups, reps of ten. I think I go there for the scenery. If you get my drift. All the muscle boys there try to impress me, but if they only knew. I work hard in a gym at least once a week. To amuse myself I undertook various self-defence classes, achieved a black belt in karate and at different times in my life boxed as an amateur, I even entered three tournaments, two of which I won and the first being knocked out inside the first round. My brothers, all of whom I am close to keep telling me I am an overachiever.

My parents are aware of my lifestyle choices and are both supportive and loving. My brothers always commented that my girlfriends were a darn sight sexier than any young woman they seemed to go out with. I laid the law down early, they could look but don't touch and I would respect their relationships as well. I mostly adhered to my rules, but that's another story. There was a competition, between my brothers and me at one stage to see who could bring home the sexier-looking girls. It was always the other brother who 'scored' the girls out of ten. Alright, it wasn't the most honest thing to do and some of our dates did find out and rightly were offended. Safe to say I was way out in front when our Mum put a stop to it when she actually found out what we were doing. Plus, we three got the dressing down of our lives and were told in no uncertain terms just how cruel and callous we were. Our excuse at the time was, well we had no excuse, none that floated with Mum or Dad.

I consider myself a sexy person, I dress accordingly. I don't try and go over the top but am not too shy to flash some leg or undo a top button to reveal my ample wares. If it is to my advantage either in business or pleasure.

Yes, let's talk about business before we start in on the pleasure side of things, which I am certain is why you are all here.

I am an accountant by profession. Once I achieved my degree, I continued my studies and became a CA ANZ. I did actually work for an accountancy firm. The majority of their clients were in the construction field, both large and small, near and far. It bored me to tears and fighting off lecherous older married men and occasionally their wives, pushed me into looking for alternative employment.

I did give a thought to going into the finance sector as a broker, as my older brother suggested, but after he sat me down and explained in some detail what was required, I knew it wouldn't suit me. But his advice did help me garner an interest in stocks and shares.

I gambled a small amount of some hard-earned savings and after even a short time, six months, I had made a modest, very modest actually, profit. I found that I was rather good at researching businesses that were on the way up. Investing in them early and hanging onto them long enough to make a small but worthwhile profit. Caspian my eldest brother who does this for a living, suggested I consider doing it seriously rather than just 'playing' at it. I laughed him off, for me this was a bit of fun.

It was while I looking to reinvest some of my modest profits, reading some Construction Monthly magazines, and being in between employment positions, that I came across a small local construction company seeking a part-time bookkeeper. It was a locally owned family company and was meant to be a father-and-son type of business but the son had a bad habit of drinking then driving home. One night he didn't make it home. Since then the father lost a lot of his desire to build the company and just kept going and doing enough to pay his employees and sub-contractors. The company had a lot of potential but the fire had burnt down in the old man and was now just a pile of glowing ashes. It was a touching story and an opportunity for me.

I rang for an interview, speaking to an older woman, Martha, who turned out to be the 'mum' of the company, and wife and partner of the owner. We chatted and basically, we did a very simple interview over the phone. They weren't paying much, so they didn't get many qualified people to apply. But the money wasn't my main concern, keeping busy was more important to me.

We hit it off very well from the get-go, she had a delightful sense of humour and we talked for about an hour and not one word was said about the job, or what it entailed we just hit it off. She asked me to talk, silly woman, it is something I majored in at school according to my school reports, just about myself and what I was doing and why I wanted the job. I just told her the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. When she asked about my social life, again I didn't try and cover it up, my sexuality that is, I said I was single and when she asked why, I told her I hadn't found the Ms Right yet. She didn't miss a beat, she just told me to hang in there and that when she came along I would know and that was that. She seemed to be so much like my own mother. So I got the job, sight unseen.

I dressed for my first day at the office, as I would any other office. My first mistake. It seems being a pretty woman with long legs and short dresses, with an ample pair of bosoms, draws plenty of attention from the paid employees, regardless of where you work.

I met Mum and Dad, the owners and parents of the son they set the business up for and now deceased. Dad or Mr Patrick, as I insisted on calling him, even though they wanted a more informal arrangement. We reached a compromise, so we settled that they would call me Candice, and I would refer to him as either Mr Patrick (if he was in trouble) or Paddy as he was referred to by everyone else. And Mum was just Mum, to everyone and she was fine with that. Not ideal for me but I soon adjusted to their casual and very warm working environment.

Now, the 'office' it turns out was an old detachable portable building. Mum apologised for the state of it. Up on blocks, it hadn't seen a cleaner like ever, and even dusting down the seats and desks I was to use, didn't help one little bit. After that first day onwards I dressed in just a pair of jeans and a T-shirt, minimal makeup. 90 per cent of the time I was there alone in any case, so no one to try and impress.

My second mistake was parking in the construction yard. I drive a night-time deep blue, Mercedes CL 600. One of the perks of working for a large accountancy firm. I had bought it two years earlier, brand spanking new. I loved and cared for it like a newborn kitten, and like a kitten, it just purred. The four hours parked in the yard, it picked up two scratches, a small dent, and a couple of dings. All attributed to no one. Everyone just shrugged their shoulders, when I asked who did it. I parked in the street from then on. I paid for the repairs out of my own pocket, it was cheaper than claiming my insurance. The excess on the insurance was a killer but I preferred it that way.

The books were in pretty good order, taxes were paid, and the worst of their debts were only 90 days out, not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination. These were good people, honest, hard-working and with a civic pride to help where they could. Sure, making a profit was important, but it wasn't their driving force. As long as they had enough for an annual holiday, some savings for the future, an emergency fund 'just in case' and all of their employees were well paid and looked after.

Truly these were just good honest folks.

I spent the first four hours in the first week fixing up some minor errors and explained that the business was in fact in a very healthy position.

The son, before his demise, was a forward thinker and had a pipeline of work lined up, but Paddy had lost his reason for being when he lost his one and only son and had no willpower to see them through. Many of the projects went to waste. Slowly their trusted employees started to leave, they could see that the long-term future looked bleak. I talked to them both and explained that things were still going OK, as far as the work went. Looking into Paddy's eyes, I could see that he just wasn't interested.

It kept me awake at night thinking about how such good people could be dealt such a horrible deck of cards. What a terrible waste of a good company, the people who worked for them, the goodwill built up over twenty years of hard work, all going to waste.

Chapter Two.

It was at my mother's insistence that we all come around home on a Sunday afternoon, to sit as a family, talk, and share our lives. To look out for each other. The competitive nature between my brothers and I was still evident but all it took was one look from Mum to put us in our place. We had stopped comparing our dates long ago. The boys were married and had their own little families. The babies were adorable, and my maternal instincts were filled with the time I spent with them on our Sundays. I knew after changing one nappy that having a child wasn't for me.

One Sunday I was sitting with my dad, just talking about life and what was getting me down. The normal stuff adult kids talk to their dads about. My big brother came in and listened to us gasbagging, he listened more than he talked, just like my dad, and the conversation carried on over the dinner table. I wasn't sure who came up with the idea but it was Mum who pushed it along.

"Candice, if the business is in good shape, and they are good people, just heartbroken, why don't you buy the company from them?" She told us as she dished up the vegetables. She finished sorting out our meals and said grace quickly before telling us to eat up.

"Mum, it would take more than I can get my hands on and going into debt isn't the right way to start a business. You end up chasing your tail," I told her.

My eldest brother Caspian casually stated, "Why don't you structure it so they can keep part of it, so their dreams are not completely trashed, you own most of it get someone in to run the construction side, you keep control of the money and the books, everyone's a winner?" My big brother infuriates me when he makes perfect sense. But he knew this was the area I had excelled in both at University and when working for the accountancy firm.

Mum continued casually giving us a piece of advice that becomes a gem when we think back on it.

"If it was me in their position, I would only want a small piece of it, turning up to a place where your pride and joy was, well the pain would be too much," She was looking at my dad who just sat there smiled at her and nodded. "Just give them the option of staying or going. That's what I meant to say," With a change of topic around the dinner table, I put the conversation out of my mind. Watching the two babies in their high chairs playing with their food brought a smile to all of our faces.

It was about six months later, tidying up the paperwork and getting ready to send the books off to their accountants for the end-of-financial-year audit. The P&L ledger looked good, well better than good it looked great. Nothing unusual with that. The company was a profitable little company. Paddy rang me one day and asked me to call by on my way home, that he and 'mum' wanted a quick word with me. They used to do it every so often and I'd use the time to bring them up to speed on everything.

I parked the Mercedes in the street. Grabbed some paperwork that Paddy needed to sign off on and I had put together a brief summary of the last year's cost analysis for them. I made some recommendations and underlined the areas where they could save some costs and make a small adjustment to the pricing structure. I rang the doorbell and Mum greeted me, she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek as friends and family would do.

"Come on in Candice," Her voice was bright a cheery, the sadness in her soul she kept hidden. She led me into their small at-home office that Paddy had set up. It seems that he works more and more from home these days. The office was adorned with photos of their late son, his early childhood, the troublesome teenage years, his university years and even some on-site photos of the first project he managed on his own. They were so proud of their only child.

Paddy always treated me with respect, never at any stage did he make me feel less important than I was. He smiled and we shook hands. He never once hugged me, I am not sure if Mum ever mentioned to him about my preferences but he always respected my personal space. He asked me to sit and asked if I wanted a coffee or something stronger.

"Coffee is fine thanks Paddy," I said with a smile.

Mum came in and sat opposite me while Paddy made some coffee using a simple pod machine in his office. I could tell something was up, my instincts told me to let them tell me at their own pace. I looked at her and watched as she casually glanced around at the photos, she must have seen them a thousand times yet she looked once again and the sadness in her eyes made me feel a little sad as well.

"Candice, can I ask a personal question?" She looked at me with a pleading look on her face.

"Certainly," I answered, then added a proviso, "Not too personal I hope," then laughed.

She too laughed, "No, not too personal, I don't think,"

She leaned forward and whispered. "My grandniece confided in me the other day, she says she is confused about boys,"

"Ha, join the club," I answered.

She smiled, "She said she likes a girl in her class at school and doesn't know what to do about it,"

"Oh, you mean she likes a girl as in more than just a friend? Mum smiled and nodded, Oh, I see. How old is she?"

"Going on 16 in a couple of months. She says she has a huge crush on her,"

"Well at 16 it's relatively normal to have a friend you are keener on than others. It doesn't mean anything. But Mum, I'm not a good person to ask about relationships, I can't keep hold of a girlfriend for more than a few months at a time. However, I am here for you both. What would you like me to do?"

"If we three girls had lunch sometime, would you reassure her that it is quite normal to feel the way she feels? I did tell her much the same thing, not that I have any experience in such things. When Paddy and I dated, it was different. I mean school was different, everything was different. It was so much simpler back then,"

"I would love to help out, but what about her own Mum, shouldn't she be doing this? I asked.

"Her Mum would freak out if she even mentioned anything about such things," She answered me.

"Count me in, in that case. As long as I'm not stepping on toes,"

"You won't be," She smiled at me and patted my hand.

We laughed together as Paddy walked over with a tray of coffee for three.

"You've got him well trained Mum," I told her.

"Yeah, he's a keeper," He just smiled at us both.

He handed out the coffee and sat at his desk. Looking at me and then to his wife.

"What's on your mind Paddy?" I asked him. "I can see something has got you two bothered,"

He took a sip then reached out his hand taking his wife's hand and started, "There is no easy way of saying this Candice,"

"Just come out and say it," I told him. "If you have to let me go, I'd be disappointed but it won't be the end of the world," I tried to keep it light and cheery. I failed miserably.

"Good grief no," They both said together, "We wouldn't do that to you. It's just that we have decided to retire and sell the company. Well put it on the market and see what we can get for it,"

"Oh my! Goodness gracious me, is that all?" I told them.

I vaguely remember talking about this as an opportunity for the future. It was then I remembered the conversation I had around the family dinner table, many months ago. I took the opportunity to float it as an idea to them and mentioned it, on the off chance they might be interested. "What if my family and I could work something out with you, so that you kept some interest, and have a say in things if you wanted to, and we ran it?"

They looked at me and then at each other. "To be honest, I am tired and worn out. I need, no that's not right, I want to let it go, we both do, don't we pet," He said looking at his wife.

She smiled at him and nodded. She went and stood behind him, letting her arm fall around his neck. "Yes, we both think it is time to worry less and enjoy our time together. We were hoping whatever we got for it would help us through our retirement."

I looked at them, "Aww, you two, why can't I have what you two and my parents have got," They smiled, kissed each other's cheek and calmly Mum told me, "You can, when Ms Right comes along you'll know and we honestly believe that love is love. It isn't exclusive to any one group sweetheart,"

I smiled at them. "You two are the best," I looked down for a moment or two thinking about the future and explained myself.

"Paddy, Mum, what if you got an independent assessor in to give you an idea on the worth of the business and once you have that, would you consider giving myself and my family first refusal?"

They looked at each other and smiled. Before saying "Sure, why not?"

I wanted to go over there and hug them both but I felt it would be a little bit over the top. So instead, I nodded, smiled and tried my hardest not to gush. I went over the paperwork I had brought with me and explained where any areas of concern were. My professionalism didn't change even though I was bubbling inside.

After we had gone over the paperwork and finished our coffee I made my excuses and bid them a good night.

As soon as I got into the car I rang my dad. There is something about the relationship a father has with his daughter. It's different to the one he has with his sons. I don't mean he loves me any more than my brothers, he doesn't, it's just different, special.

He answered and he could tell right away I was in, what he calls, my hyper mode. I was excited. It all just bubbled out of me. Now, I want to say that my parents aren't wealthy, wealthy, but they are well off. The family home plus a beach house up on the coast. All of it came from hard work, over a long period of time. No mortgages, no debt of any concern. Investments that were sound and safe.

Arking
Arking
350 Followers