All Comments on 'A Cruel Trick'

by hotprof1973

Sort by:
  • 180 Comments (Page 2)
NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Horror of horrors! Some variation of "Wife goes on a date" meets "The Joke." No good can come of this.

Can't buy all her excuses. Even if "nothing happened", she had given him no trust or respect for months. Only after he seriously balked at the date did she concoct/go along with (it was his idea) this hideous deception.

Only the seriously hot mega-make-up sex kicked this above 4.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Should

Should have dumped the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That she even planned and carried out her plan to deliberately hurt him should be enough for him to give her her marching orders.

The fact that she deliberately went out even after her husband warning her of the consequences, and then even begging her not to go should have been enough for him to accept the fact that she didn't love him. There was no future in this extinguished relationship.

He should have packed his bags then and stayed away.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - after reading this one more time, I have to say that I stopped at the line where the husband says they have 'not had sex for months'. That is the point where every marriage is over, as far as I am concerned. If the loss of sexual activity was not for personal injury, illness, babies or mental issues and just for personal reasons - the marriage is dead - end of story. Kick the bitch to the curb and go find another woman - there are thousands to choose from and far more accommodating.

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

was this your first story? It seems that way because I started getting pissed on the second page.... I mean one sentence they are coming back together, then the next sentence they don't know what they want.. And in this situation the wife did let another take time that should have rightfuly went to her husband but grow a pair guy and hug your wife... you are the man, you are suppose to make it all better..... WHAT THE LITTERAL FUCK? I hate 2021, there are so few REAL MEN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We’re it me, I’d get a DNA on the kid.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Given the facts of the story and her behavior, I anticipate a divorce forth coming. She's a self-centered liar and cheat. Who would want to spend any time worrying about her in the future?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She is not worth keeping.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

as a writer you have nothing to worry about, this story line/plot was good and it keeps a readers interest to see where its going and what happens when it gets there. The characters as portrayed did stay true to form the length of the story. Having said that, To me realism many times effects how much a reader can enjoy a tale. You did well on that also for the way you created this tale.. BUT in a real life scenario....I simply have a hard time seeing a wife even attempting such a stunt without excepting it would end her marriage....Just as bad,a husband actually allowing her out the door,without her signing divorce papers first and removing her rings and house keys. You really did rely on your writing to sell this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. It’s pretty obvious that wifey fucked up. I guess the big question is, did she learn her lesson enough to, not to do it again? Only time, and a good post nup, will tell...

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

No reason to continue this marriage. Mc is just another man that gets manipulated by wifey with sex, old story well documented by the cuck writers in lw

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I had the opposite of this happen, my best friend pretended to be stright to make me and my crush drift apart so he could get me but it backfired and when i was all alone he revealed his true colours

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I am not sure that her confessing that you were right and I was wrong is enough to cause reconciliation. She still went out with her "boyfriend" after having been told it would end the marriage. She still pulled an extremely cruel trick. He still has no evidence that her apparent change of heart is not just guilt and buyers remorse.

I can't see her confession do anything but inflame the situation and hurry the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What universe do these writers live in where a wife pulls this kind of shit, and a husband says,"I know I still love her"? Get in touch with reality, it's possible to kill love and it happens with regularity. The disrespect, callous acts, and lack of care and concern for Kevin's reasonable and ultimately correct views would have been the death knell of this relationship.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 years ago

Why would Kevin not let her vent about work. What is wrong with him?

He pushed her into the stupid prank.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

I know to some extent writers need to avoid writing a realistic version of a wife (sadly too many clearly write women from their own superior viewpoint) but it would help in these stale stories if you didnt go full on LW wife when you do it.

Its a lazy writers way of angering readers to a level that the writers skills cant do on their own. That is it, plan and simple.

And again, like with 99% of LW stories, the wife NEVER believes the husband when he says "this will damage/kill our marriage" or "You leave and i wont be here when you get back".

Heres a hint to every writer here, just because you like plot line A, and wife template B, and idiotic dialogue C doesnt mean you need to reuse them verbatim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When an author creates a make believer world, then anyone who comments on that world is a poor reader. The reader in effect signed a contract to read about that world.

"And, honestly, people's actions in real life can often be less plausible than most stories on this site. Hope you enjoy and (I) appreciate all criticism -- even the ones I do not agree with."

The story is creative, but is not well written. I have to rate it disappointing (2).

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My sister fell for that in college, in high school I was 6' and 249 lbs. Two pals and I "discouraged " him with numerous injuries . 40 years later, he still has a bad limp.

You wrote a pretty good story, good grammar and clearly presented. Thank you for a nice read.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Again, a very good story. The only thing keeping it from being great is that he didn’t visit Jackie and make an eunuch of him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

whore and wimp.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 2 years ago

LIED???? It is L A I D, AS IN HE laid back on the bed.

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 2 years ago

So....

The brother in law (who's manipulating to reconcile) would do worse if this happened to him. Hypocrisy much? Dump this garbage fire of a harpy cunt and find happiness...

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Again, I like the balance and organization of the writer. Also, again a normal marriage falls prey to the Martian Slut Ray. I also find it hard to be convinced that Amy really hanged this much because he said "fuck no" to her behavior... When i read this version i felt more strongly I didn't trust her words. Naturally without a prequel the felling will be speculative...

moultonknobmoultonknobalmost 2 years ago

What a pathetic fucking twat Kevin is, as soon as she walked out the door that first time as far as I’m concerned that should have been the end, no excuses , finished.

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

3 stars - just not plausible at all.

You actually think that one of your characters can maintain a loving caring monogamous relationship without any sexual contact for months? - NOT happening - totally unbelievable - especially in their 20s, 30s and 40s - peak sexual years.

Second, when you make the statement 'If you walk out that door, I won't be here when you comeback.' You have to follow through - the MC needed to be gone - leaving absolutely nothing of his behind EXCEPT his wedding ring on her pillow - right beside his phone. With him gone and no way for her to contact him - I think she would really get the message that she fucked up badly. He should also take time off from work and go hide somewhere she would never think to look for him and stay there for at least a week. He could contact her brother on his new burner phone, just to let them know he was alive and he 'MIGHT' come back if certain conditions are met.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved the post script about the real “Jackie”. Deserved an ass beating and got it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked it. Real people making real mistakes in a long term marriage--just like real people do.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

4 stars - the ding is for zero negative repercussions for "Jackie". Otherwise, a very good and interesting and well written story

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

FOLLOWUP: My last comment has been rendered obsolete by Part 2 of this story. Back to well-deserved 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If a woman (not on the pill) is not getting along with her husband and only has sex occasionally; 95% odds it's going to be near ovulation. That's also when she's most likely to cheat.

moultonknobmoultonknobover 1 year ago

What a pathetic fucking loser he is, should have just dumped the bitch when she went out the door on her date.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BULLSHIT!!!!!!! at the very least the wife is a sadistic person

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope! He should kicked her out, and started the divorce immediately! If she learns a lesson, well, maybe she’ll be able to be a proper wife to someone else in the future. She doesn’t get to stay with the man she showed cruelty and disrespect.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another wimp

Why am I not surprised

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97over 1 year ago

I have a difficult time understanding how any wife could think that “joke” would not result in divorce. Even after revealing it as a joke and being believed it is such an incredible lack of respect and cruel. I don’t think I could find my love again for someone capable of something so unbelievable cruel and insensitive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It doesn’t matter if there was penetration or not. It doesn’t even matter if the other guy was gay or not. She was engaging in “dating behavior”, i.e., spending time alone with him, eating and drinking together, sharing emotions, etc. If a married person is “dating” someone else, they’re mentally and emotionally out of the marriage. He should divorce her to let everyone else know what she chose.

ZK

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

This supposed writer really has a warped and inane set of rules and overall life outlook. She was a cheater in every way but one, actual physical penetration. But of course this writer needs to inflict a wimp male with the authors gutter mentality. Ugh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Everything was fine until the baby was born a month early but looked weighed full term. It was bonnie baby boy, which they named Jack after its Father!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He’s an idiot, and is failing his future children before they are born, or even conceived! No good man would allow a cruel bitch to become the mother of his children when he knows what she’s capable of!

I would never touch her again, divorce her immediately, and let everyone know why! The panty semen is just the last straw. She’s been a bitch for months, no sex, and dating another person. Tell EVERYONE the FULL truth, and let her suffer the consequences!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonder if she got messed up some going off the pill? Timing seemed a bit coincidental. She was definitely messed up emotionally. That was a full blown emotional affair. The sequel from Jackie's points out how close they cane to total meltdown. Eep.

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

Borderline, unreliable, unstable be-otch, he should have run.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kevin has the emotional depth of a serial killer. Even after she completely bares her soul, it's all about HIM.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kevin the weak wimp should get rid of the bitch permanently!! Stupid pussywhipped cuck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So fuck all happened to the bastard Jackie!!

Kevin should have divorced the bitch Amy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4. The inclusion of the counseling superstition loses a star. Interesting story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have often wondered about the seeming androgyny among many younger Millennials and Zoomers since I taught some in the last few years of my teaching career. I did notice that some of the more andromorphs (as I call them) seemed to try to fit in with the female cohorts and wondered if it was a strategy for their 'dating and mating' game. So yeah, I can well imaging their being a Jackie type in workplaces. Well and truly disgusting, considering I do know some gay and transgender people who mostly just acted like normal people. But I do like how the author told the story without some over-the-top physical revenge on the Jackie character. Except, if he had done the inappropriate behavior at the workplace, I would have had her go to their HR to lay complaints.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

@iamaweasel,

...Heres a hint to every writer here, just because you like plot line A, and wife template B, and idiotic dialogue C doesnt mean you need to reuse them verbatim

said a no story weasel

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer11 months ago

All in all not a bad story, but your MC is got to be the stupidest ass on record--once he found out the truth about 'That Night.'

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I disagree with the Dreamer. This is indeed a badly written story featuring unbelievable characters. 1* because there are nonegative numbers

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Drunk or not, she deliberately set out to hurt him by having sex with Jackie, or making him believe she did. She is an emotional abuser.

I don't think sex OR magical counseling will fix that.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She cheats, emotionally and physically by basically prevented them to have meaningful sex.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Any spouse who is willing to make their spouse believes that s/he cheats (to make jealous or revenge) deserves to be divorced

James G 5James G 59 months ago

Abusive, hormonal, borderline bitch who probably did & who will in the future cheat. Awful story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Kevin comes off as a complete jerk. When he returns home, can he not see or hear? He's got the moral high ground, but he doubles down on being passive-aggressive. When will these writers realize that a manly man isn't one of these whiny little boys who throw snits?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He was really pathetic .

So was she for that matter.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Divorce the bitch

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He deserves to be married to a cheating bitch.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19817 months ago

Well Jackie isn't a man cause no man will disgrace himself like that and pretend to be gay

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

A lot of make up sex, but the gay boy should have suffered serious physical damage.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I’m glad the author via Amy’s sister-in-law addressed the emotional cheating aspect. Even if Jackie was gay or a woman far too much energy and intimacy was not going into him rather than her husband! He is supposed to be her best friend not some other individual regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Overall it had its flaws but I really enjoyed it and I’m glad they reconciled.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19816 months ago

To the writer let me go ahead and tell you this so you will know that guy you are talking about most definitely was at least bi for no man is going to pretend to be gay just to get into a woman's pants there is no woman in the world hot enough or special enough to make a straight man pretend to be gay besides a real man wouldn't have to play games like that too get into a woman's pants so the guy you based the guy in this story off of was most definitely bi at least probably more gay than anything another way to prove that is no straight man can act gay and make people actually think they are they wouldn't know how

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

But if you look at this writer's stories from the point of view that they are fantasies about a world where a worthless piece of shit could have normal relations with other humans, because they for some inexplicable reason just ignore the reader substitute being a worthless piece of shit, the bizarre plots and stories make perfect sense.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Chameleon. Looks like Warren Beatty in 'Shampoo, faking gay to seduce many women by being one of the 'girls'. (Not a predator)

Crux of the problem was a failure to communicate...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I can't believe he believed a word she said and any married woman that goes out with another guy, gay or not, would not be a married woman for very long. Terrible ending.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit4 months ago

Page 1- "she got Jackie to jerk off into YOUR panties, and then she put them there for you to find." -duh???

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The commenter who said it was 'a failure to communicate' had it right, albeit not as he/she was thinking. More like the sheriff to the prisoner in "Cool Hand Luke", shortly before he killed him. A wife so delusional as to 'date' another man, and do a trick like that is so lacking in basic judgement that the only way she would learn otherwise would be a 'fault' divorce. Any spouse that delusional would not be trustworthy to have your back or invest in further, like children. That she was allowing the faker to seduce her said it all. No judgement or strength of character at all. Worthless as a spouse.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Kevin was such a coward. He told her if she left their marriage was over. He found cum in her panties yetwhined like a child asking her: "Do you still want to be married to me." Come on, man. Who cares what she wants, what matters is what she did. She had an emotional affair, which is an affair plain and simple. Forget burning her, it's not realistic, divorcing her is all that's needed.

Buster2UBuster2U3 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars to the writer. It seems more than apparent to me that Jackie fucked the wife, that is why her panties were full of his cum. It gets glossed over so many times, but for a woman to purposely try to appear that she had sex is enough of a clue that she did have sex. For me, Marriage would be over. Completely OVER she came home with cum in her pussy and panties. Plot was Great. Tnks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Jerked off into her panties, huh? So what? he went into a men's room to do it? And then she simply carried cum soaked panties around to her home and laid them on her dress? I call bullshit.

EVEN IF it was true, the disrespect in ALL of this crap spells divorce, not re-cuck-cilliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yuck and double yuck. Wife is obviously self centered manipulative bitch who can't be trusted. MC is a fool.

Get DNA tests.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What wife did was way over the top. Disrespect literally poured out of her.

She shows a-hole her cunt and lets him jack off in her panties? Who does that?

Thanks, but no thanks. B'bye. There's a million better women out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

TOO STUPID !!!

LadyLoreLadyLore27 days ago

This was a stupid story the guy this story was based upon is bisexual at very least cause a straight man as was explained before won't pretend to be gay either way the wife in this story completely disrespected her husband and done so for months she knew she was having emotional affair with someone else more than likely she probably did fuck him that night but she's a good actor so people believe she didn't actually fuck him but anyone with a brain knows she did and was doing it more than once still is though for husband who was a pussy forgave her and thinks she's being faithful to him

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

I liked it although I would have loved to read about Jackie getting hit by a speeding car and the driver was never apprehended.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

another wimp and whore story ,amy brother that was good for helping kevin out , but the rest is none roger;s bussness

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userhotprof1973@hotprof1973
Just to confirm what ppl have been asking: yes "One Last Bet," is my final submission here, which I decided before submitting it. In my life & writing career, it's time to move on from this genre of writing. Other than my dreaded 2nd and 3rd stories (which I know many people ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES