All Comments on 'A Double Standard'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 212 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just kill each other. It'd be more humane.

HighBrowHighBrow11 months ago

Clearly the wife would end it, the way this Femdom agitprop is written.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster111 months ago

Not like most of your other works, with an absolute "Reader, you can finish it how you want it" ending.

I see you've revisited it yourself, quite a few years later... and this comment is written BEFORE I follow the link to your next part, written 17 years after this was posted.

It'll be interesting to see where you took this...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Waste of time! The characters, the situation and the whole story. LM

bigurnbigurn7 months ago

Sorry but only 3 stars, mainly because of your indecision. Leaving the story, and readers, hanging is not a good plot device..... ever !

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Interesting idea of taking comments on the ending. I've not as yet read your ending so have no idea what you decided nor have I read the comments by others. On one hand she knew of his flings and didn't boot him out which leads me to think that she wants to stay together. On the other he just carried on fucking other women when away with no intention to stop and then failed her test of will he forgive her for the pretend affair. Either option is possible but I think she will go for the divorce as she knows he can't be trusted and also isn't prepared to forgive her like she wants him to do. Now off to read part 2 and see just how wrong I am šŸ˜BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Like many stories that claim to show double standards, or even just want to test the cheater, it fails because not only did it impose a ridiculously short time frame, it also double guesses what the cheater had going on inside their head. Not everyone can be expected to make snap decisions or work through information the same way.

You also cannot preempt the results of a test if you want a valid answer.

Using Steve as an affair partner invalidated the test, because it upped the anti and added extra variables. The MC never had sex with someone they knew, and always believed that it wouldn't get back to the wife, they also never double dipped. Thus making it a clearly sexual release event. Not going to defend this behaviour, just pointing out that for 'tests' to be valid they have to be like for like. I do appreciate that most Americans hate science so don't understand how a valid experiment is designed and carried out. Choosing the brother in law added elements that were designed to ensure the outcome that occurred.

Just consider the more valid counter that the wife could have used. That she went out to the local hotspot and picked up some random guy that was on town for some random event, took him to a hotel and never saw him again, he may have been called Larry, but she doesn't know because it was only sex and she had no intention of ever seeing him again.

That ensures that the MC's attention is solidly fixed upon the event and not the person. It's also clear that there's no one out there that knows that he was cheated upon etc etc.

?? If she had sex with her brother in law, doesn't that mean that the cheated upon wife was either her sister or her husband's sister, or that the brother in law was her husband's brother? That really wasn't made clear in the story and came across as a little weird.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Since Iā€™ve never given in & cheated, Iā€™d have been totally devastated.

I find Iā€™ve a double standard. The wife is the nurturer, keeper of the home. I can separate sex & love, but canā€™t picture the wife doing that.

In this story she didnā€™t cheat, so Iā€™d try to work it out & change my ways.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ok. I am not minimizing what Harry did. However, wifey alluded that Steve tried to blackmail her. So there is evidence to support why Harry went to visit him. Also, if you were in a similar situation, would you want or expect your spouse to immediately say they forgave you, without even getting a chance, to absorb the information? ā€œ She told me she needed time to think, please sleep in the spare bedroomā€ ring a bell? I can understand if they eventually scheduled ā€œ the talkā€, and he couldnā€™t forgive her, then get divorced. So this part of the story seemed rushed, and didnā€™t really make the point, it was trying to-

fredbrownfredbrown4 months ago

I say dump ole Harry's ass in the nearest trash can.

AllNigherAllNigher2 months ago

Drop him. If he wanted to confront the guy, he could have told her yes and then confronted him.

But honestly he didn't even deserve the opportunity.... This want a one time mistake, it was a way of life...

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

If both had cheated which is worse? I'd say the wife's affair because it was with her sister's husband, someone close to home and that they socialize with. I don't believe the husband's APs were the same...

regardless, they were both cheaters and it would have been best for them to go on their way...

but then, they've been married for 30 years. so marriage/sex counselor to see what needs to change.

but then, the wife gave him a last-ditch half-baked test to try to save the marriage... which she said he failed... and she never cheated so that makes the MC is an idiot for cheating. Enough of the games, both of them should move on. he obviously doesn't have a problem finding new partners and will do fine. Perhaps the wife's prospects are similar.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES