All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 28'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
SomethingOfAStrangerSomethingOfAStrangerover 2 years ago

As always a spectacular entry to the story! I’ve rarely gotten to the point of shouting at a screen when reading something but I absolutely spooked my cat by loudly asking “What do they think is wrong with this poor girl!” to no one in particular. While Illumar’s faithful have generally been helpful and understanding I’m absolutely suspect that this poor girl is just intersex, and if not I’m about 99% sure that whatever this is it’s of no fault of her own. Hopefully we can see things improved for her and the rest of our hero’s soon!

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

I stop what I'm doing when you release a new chapter and I'm never disappointed.

XacksonXacksonover 2 years ago

Just about to start on page 4, but holy hell Selene’s a Gods forsaken moron. You’re on a different world, that you needed fucking magic to get to, and the idea of Magic Problems that only Holy Men can fix, on a MAGICAL PLANET THAT YOU SAW A DRAGON PERSON FLEE TO I MIGHT ADD, the idea that women may not actually be people and are property in a MAGICAL NOT EARTH WORLD is stupefying to her. Holy fucking fuck you’re a great writer, very rarely do I hate a character for being monumentally dumb, you’d think her being as smart as she is, that MAYBE she’d key in that she’s not on earth anymore. Fucking hell you actually managed to write someone with cognitive dissonance, and you did it really fuckin of well too. I uh, I’m gonna go back to page 4 and continue the story now. Hopefully I won’t wanna strangle her by the end.

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaover 2 years ago

I'm loving the story, but this whole Sarah branch where "you just have to know!" is incredibly frustrating. You can ALWAYS find someone willing to talk about something one way or another. So she can pretzel a fire poker? So what? Explain it. I may be taking my frustration out on you... but you deserve it! :)

Other than that, good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

With somethingofastranger, just soo frustrated with the not know what is wrong with the girl and I think not knowing what is wrong with her from Selene’s is a part of why she isn’t getting that I am not on my planet anymore, she isn’t getting the slap to the face magic experience she needs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you are the Original Writer?

I have read this one twice before, & it always stops, at the beginning of the Battle with the Black Dragon.

Poof, Nothing ever heard of from the Writer, Just a Good Story with No ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ive been certain for a while now that the 'secret' about Sarah is that she is a werewolf. That would explain a lot, including the bent fire poker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So another author seeing $$, is moving to Patreon. He will slow down putting out chapters for ADT, in order to squeeze money out of us. I can see paying for completed works once (like an e-kindle book for $1-$5), but can't justify a bottomless $ pit similar to what lptc is doing with his story ($6-$12 per short chapter). I hope anti is not like him, even if it is $1-$3 per chapter.

Well, I wish Antiproton good luck in his money making adventures.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome.

After you finish the story, you should publish an edited version somewhere like on Amazon.

Saddened to hear that there will be delays. Hope you get enough patrons on Patreon.

Eagerly waiting for the next chapter.

Claw87Claw87over 2 years ago

I reed to fast lol.. great chapter again 👍

Selene.. I’m hoping her character improves and becomes helpful, Kendra bit of karma for her past or no past hope the bond grows strong, glad to see Rachel in for young and old now. Till the next chapter cheers and have a good Christmas 👌

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 2 years ago

Great chapter. Glad to see some substantial progress on the main plot. Looking forward to when you have time to return to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a reaction to the story so far. I feel you repeatedly use and overuse the trope where everyone knows something, but they won't tell the person who is asking or not asking the question directly ...the wives knowing that Rachel will soon join them, but not saying anything. For Selene, ...best not to talk of such things...I don't engage in idle gossip, but I'll mention "the problem" all the same. As a result, the characters become stupid and the story becomes tiresome. The first one or two times at most is tolerable, but it goes on and on and I find my self skipping ahead to escape. Its one thing for a character to try and figure out a mystery, its another to have them go dumb as a rock to keep the reader in suspense. In stead, it fees like the readers are viewed as simpletons who can't see past the overused plot device. As a side note, I've known many FBI agents, and none of them would have let the second mention of "the problem" go by without getting a direct answer about what it was. There's a reason their training facility is at the Marine base at Quantico, VA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
I agree with anonymous

If nobody will speak of Sarah's problem, then how does everyone know about Sarah's problem? It doesn't really work and just serves to be a weak point in the story.

poutniklpoutniklover 2 years ago

Why Selene cannot understand the different world means the different rules, different customs, different culture? Perception what is weird and wrong or normal and OK is mutually different. Morale aspect aside, that asks for troubles.

poutniklpoutniklover 2 years ago

Perhaps Sarah has some mental condition, leading to manifestation of extra force and fear of others, who accuse her for hosting demons.

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanover 2 years ago

The very concept of a god is always against free will. No matter how you write it. So do like many others writers does and ignore it. keep building your world as you see fit.

poutniklpoutniklover 2 years ago

Interesting... So if I know what would some people write, they have no free will either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is one of the best I have ever seen and it makes my heart break that the writer had not convinced his/her work...now as for Sarah, from what I read about her I can speculate that she is either super strong or she has telekinesis ( I really would like it if she was like a female Juggernaut in strength) and that is why she can't find a proper husband in the world she lives in because everyone knows that in the middle ages as that is the time period of the world Ethan is in,l any women that was special...stronger, smarter, faster or more beautiful from the norm it soon bas been seeing as witchcraft and sorcery and the work of the devil and these innocent women where but to death by burning them in the stake. But I really think that she would become a great wife for Ethan and that she should join his brood of wifes to add her own uniqueness to that Dragon's family and make it stronger!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My favorite chapter so far

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

when is the next part coming out

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

the English mistakes are getting slightly better, but only slightly.

It would behoove the author to keep an outline handy of issues that were indicated in prior chapters. It would cut down on the repeating of smaller items (that becomes tedious to the reader, especially if they are consuming this at one time, not on the monthly submission regimen).

It is good to see some of the aforementioned "easter eggs" come to fruition (i.e. the stone from Goman). Leaving too many to rot is not a good idea (i.e. taking too long to utilize the "surprise" eluded to previously).

It is also a personal wonder to this reader: If you were to have a sit down with God, an ACTUAL one on one conversation where he drinks and explains things to you, wouldn't you be more opt to saying a prayer once in a while? I DID notice that Taloni, once the devout prayer-sayer, has stopped. Could it be the episodic undulation? or just the authors' onset of early dementia?

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

And how much longer are you going to drag out Sarah's secret?

Dark_RavenDark_Ravenalmost 2 years ago

Loving the story so far! Although...

This is the first chapter where it feels like you made a mistake (or didn't communicate to the readers what you were thinking). Ethan, Rachel, Taloni, and Kendra get captured by Mr. Evil's minions and tossed in a cell. None of them can know the timetable of Mr. Evil's plans, yet when Beth and Alana get a message regarding Selene, they immediately abandon their search for Ethan fly off to rescue Selene. At this point in the story, Beth and Alana should have been panicking about the fate of the rest, and be unwilling to abandon the search/rescue. In my mind, it was not believable that they would leave the rest to their fate and go looking for Selene. It's only after they leave that Mrs. Evil says she'll be back in a week, so...

If my wife was taken captive by a murderer, I wouldn't say, "Sorry honey, I gotta go do this side quest. I'll be back in a few days. I hope you're still alive when I get back". There needed to be a section between Beth not being able to find them on any airship and them leaving. Something along the lines of them searching through the city long enough for them to realize that the task was hopeless. Everyone giving up hope and Ethan finally sending them off (as much to look for Selene as to get them out of the City).

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Kind, sweet Sarah: strong, out of control? not tolerated by the religious, ... a were-beast? a She-Hulk? ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

The very long time that Ethan and his 2 1/2 wives were in that cage, awaiting their fate, ... reminded me of the old Batman television show, ... every week that week's guest villain would confine Batman and Robin in some SLOW trap to kill them, and then the Bad Guy would just walk away, the henchmen too, ... and of course our heroes used all that time, while unwatched, and they readily escaped every time. This chapter strongly resembles that formula, ... ;-) TTFN

Polly_DollyPolly_Dollyabout 1 year ago

I have zero problem with any parts of the story arc. It’s from your imagination, I’m just along for the ride in my, um, airship let’s say. Folks make irrational decisions all the time, and plot mechanisms such as Beth and Alana leaving the wood elf kingdom is not one of them IMO. It’s pretty clear they have absolutely no idea where the others are being held, and Alana herself is more vulnerable currently considering her pregnancy. Things like Selena wondering over and over about the raven spying on her and the reluctance of anyone to reveal whatever Sarah’s horrible secret is is a little unnecessary, but I am still intrigued nonetheless. Carry on, and I don’t mean throw a tantrum or something, unless it helps your process haha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still waiting for this reveal about the Black Dragon. I figured it out a while back, and the author will get to it at some point. (Assuming I'm right)

I understand that Selene is going to be a character, and probably join Ethan. Which means wife number six or seven. (The story is leaning towards Sarah being the other) The problem is all the jumps to Selene is not doing anything for the story. After staying with the monks, has she learned anything? Okay sure she learned what Sarah's bride price was, but other than that? What is the point of the breaks from the main story line, if nothing happens in them. Multiple breaks just to have the same information?

I already dislike Selene and I doubt that is going to change. She is typical of american thinking, but that is the problem. Just because she doesn't like something doesn't mean it needs to change. Sarah being okay with a bride price and she goes off about how wrong that is. Hell Sarah's comment is very true. How do you know how important you are? by how much your future husband is willing to pay for you. To me its not about the total price, but will he be willing to part with what he has for you? Too many people assume how much they mean to others, and they get hurt from it. (Enough of that tangent) Oh the blacksmith 'bought' Sarah from her husband. It happens in places, and in the past was very common. She is so outraged about it and his speaking his mind, that she wants to beat him? I'm kind of curious if she can. At some point she has to use these skills we keep hearing about and actually succeed. So far in the story she has about as much self defense as Beth.

Now to Rachel. At least she is trying to not change, although she has already called him my lord. well close enough. She said my lor......

Now on to Alana and Beth..... I understand them going to help Selene, but the way it happened was pathetic. Ethan is their master/sir/Dominus/lord They keep saying if you want me to do x I will. How do they go from that to oh you are captured we are going to leave and go save Selene? Ethan needed to be the one to tell them to do it. They could say no we need to find you, and he insists. Then they go. I love the free will they displayed, but it's way out of character for them. I think it should have been worked towards.

Just to me (Since I like her so much) it seemed like Taloni was a background character. She was there, but you kind of forgot except when someone said something to her, Then it was like, oh right she is still there.

Just my opinions and thoughts,

Buddy J.

Sorry you only get a four star on this one. The out of character actions of Alana and Beth. That with the multiple breaks with Selene that didn't lead to anything.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Male characters are described by their features, and often mentions how imposing they are. The way female characters are described is their attractiveness to the male gaze. All I know of Sarah is she's 'plain', whatever that means? Selene has been described in more detail, but mainly those pertaining to male attraction. Kendra finally got a description beyond black hair, and she's 'girl next door'.

My limited understanding of modern philosophy is that free will doesn't exist. Our chemical brains are predisposed to behave as they will. An all-knowing, all-powerful god would therefore be a cruel torturer for punishing people for acting in a way consistent with the neurology they were supposedly given by that same deity.

skippersdadskippersdad4 months ago

Well I believe Sarah is an Orc Or a Oger. Strength wise.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I love much about this story. It’s extraordinarily creative, and the detail of the plotting is wonderful.

I don’t like the implicit homophobia of it (and of so many other literotica stories where men have multiple women who end up becoming bisexual but the man never EVER fancies another man). It’s... gutless, really.

I also agree with anonymous of 6 months ago re: the women only ever being described in terms of their attractiveness to the male gaze, their hair colour, and the size of their breasts.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES