All Comments on 'A Dry Patch'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Moving on with the younger woman was the best ending, but it needed a final confrontation with Janet.

Their sex life had dwindled to nothing over the previous couple of years, so a few of the endings didn't quite fit. Eg the lesbian ending where she'd only been having the affair for 6 months.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Either way, the marriage is toast.

It doesn't stand a chance. They could stay together, but she doesn't love him.

SpottedDog2018SpottedDog2018over 3 years ago
Choose your own adventure

I enjoyed this. Very refreshing premise using an old trick.

My suggestion for alt. End #6 is of course, the " scenario quickly goes to shit once the wife becomes a slut". Or, the surprise! Even though she should be menopausal; their experiencing 'sex with others' leads to an unexpected pregnancy ( not the husband's) and either a reconciliation to raise the little 'love child' or high drama and ruined lives because one fast little tadpole found the ovum. Let's not forget these are semi affluent professional people, so any accidental additional family members would not be a financial burden or inconvenience. Of course gotta consider a mixed race child storyline and that leads to multiple universes of possibilities in itself.

Great potential for a tag competition for other Literotica writers.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Your first story, you're apparently new here, but alternate endings don't usually go over well. Better to decide on an ending and run with it.

/

Also stick with one POV (Point Of View). First, JER is telling the story 1st person POV), so it's correctly sayin "I did..." or "I said..." but then when he's looking at the girl's car you switch to 3rd person (He could tell...)

/

I didn't read past Ending 2, but selling the business for 1.2 zillion??? Of course he meets a hot babe who immediately fucks him!

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

One pick a lanem by providing so may alternates they were all pretty shallow

Two, you never explained how a wife who supposedly WANTS to fuck her husband more needs a therapist suggesting she fuck people OTHER THAN her husband to get there

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

Story one: the natural one, the writers choice, my choice too...4*

story two: Good until the divorce, but he had to find a young woman needing help...3*

story three: A little out of character for him, and was too boring with all the bullshit from the sextherapists...2*

story four: exactly the same as story one...4*

story five: almost exactly the same as story two...This time she cheated with a woman and he found a MILF...3*

story six: ruined it all...after 5 different endings why was needed one more? 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice try I guess

As others stated you could have made this one of those story invitations. A few were OK but the one that had the most meat was #3 and I hated that the most because they did the swap thing.

Regguy69Regguy69over 3 years ago
Covered all the bases.

The multiple endings have something for just about all of the LW subsets. Personally, I like the first ending. Role playing and other fantasy games WITHIN the marriage are a great way to add a bit of levity and excitement to a long term relationship. Anytime another real person is added to the mix, the original relationship is forever changed. IMHO that change will lessen the bond between a husband and wife. If it is permitted by one partner only as a way of making the second partner happy, the first partner is bound to be resentful. Eventually that resentment could easily destroy a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
#7

The Duckman Ending

I woke up with a start, sweating. It was all just a nightmare.

"That's it. No more headcheese hoagies before bed!"

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 3 years ago
Hmmm...

Fairly well written, overall, though I'm not a big fan of the alternative endings thing. I did indeed wonder why bringing other people into the relationship was there as a kind of starting point, even as a fantasy, before the couple trying themselves to work on things with each other as themselves. That frankly also seems like a really bizarre thing for a therapist to bring up in an initial or even early session, before really getting to know and understand the patient and their history. If part of the issue was truly hormonal, then getting the wife back in balance there should be a starting point, followed by the couple seeing if them can reconnect in the way they used to during their long years of marriage. I was also surprised that this wasn't something the protagonist also tried to bring up or work on -- you'd think knowing that his wife was getting hormonal adjustment would have led to him at least trying to see if her willingness to engage with him sexually had changed before going to some of the more dramatic options.

GreylocGreylocover 3 years ago

All I can say is ending 5 REALLY needed to be a BTB ending. She's lied her entire marriage, to get off that easy is bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lots of fun

Really enjoyed the variety. Thanks.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago
Only ending two

The rest are wrong or boring

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 3 years ago
Uh yeah.....

How good could this guy be if he's listening to Faux News in the background? That's the ultimate mood killer.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Only liked 2 . Kick to curb and get a better deal.

No play acting if need that a ready for cheating next.

Tried one and it quickly went south as wife was concerned. I was never into it.

Position's hell yes

. As many as both are comfortable with.

Bringing others in even if only play acting is slippery slope as many find out.

Know many who tried as couples few survived as couples.

jtwheels

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

I liked them all but the sex therapist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I see your stories were 1-bombed. It all comes from one religious retard pretending to be a crowd of hundreds. He posts multiple votes and comments from "Anonymous" or fake bios under the handles

26thNC, Harry inVA, thecarolinadreamer, Lakeeriegoatguy, KittyCampbell, Mattenw, ShadowRosie, WarGamer, iameasel, Impo_58, Impo_61, Impo_64 etc., also possbly Rw43, Odiouser and Patillie among others.

This person votes multiple 5's to put a mediocre author in hall of fame for his revenge stories cutting off nuts etc., and gushes over these stories with comments like a sissy cuck wannabe. Then he 1-bomb's any good stories that express sexuality or cheating.

You will find repetitive comments from this person across 50% of the writers/stories in the LW category - "idiot", "garbage", "sewer", "fag", "worst writing" etc. - how can they all be the worst stories or worst writing?

In one of the bios and comments this person claims he was cucked twice but I suspect he never had sex with a woman at all and his comments express a lot of anger towards women, calling them garbage cans.

By the way, this person is a Trumpite running the same play book as Trump and his child molester fakes like Matt Gaetz - they claim to represent 90% of the people as a "majority" but it is just one person trying to destroy the world.

You can argue whether Trump is a cheat and a liar, a Russian agent or led a revolt, but one thing for sure: this Trumpite tried to dump all over your story. I would not have characterized myself as a Democratic voter, but for the next couple of elections I will vote against all the Republicans. That's the best way to vote where it makes a difference.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

Wow. I am impressed.

😂💪👏👏

Anonymous denunciation.

How brave.

Have a nice day.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsalmost 3 years ago

I don’t usually care for multiple endings. These weren’t too terrible. I’d choose number 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Like two ending but hated the others!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

I hope you write for the pleasure it gives you and not for the comments.

This had a couple small glitches with shifting 1st and 3rd person but all in all it was handled quite well. I enjoyed the multiple endings for what they were- possibilities. The last one oddly enough might have been the most realistic ending with wife reopening her lesbian roots.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ending 2 could have been best but you destroyed it with excessive sex with a total stranger, not to mention the wife again was Big setback. Rest were pure bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the meeting the woman and good Samaritan ending

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

In the second ending, I think that JER left himself open to prosecution due to what he wrote in his note to Janet. The particular line I am referring to is, "Failure to do so in a timely fashion will result in the targeted release of your fuck files." First that could be taken as an attempt at blackmail. That he would release the video if she does not quickly acquiesce to his demands. Apparently, he wants a debt paid that, at least I inferred this from my reading, he had lead her to believe he was not going to hold her to it. If he had wanted reimbursement, I would think that they would have a repayment schedule going. Especially if they had separated finances. Should he go through with his threat, he could also be charged with committing an act of "revenge porn". This, I do believe would apply whether he posted the files on the internet or simply sent then to individuals who Janet knows. What with his written statement stating his threat to do this or else, JER is in hot water. I do not have the talent nor the patience to write out such an ending. Perhaps someone else will take the idea and run with it as a sixth ending.

-

Pasqual

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuturealmost 2 years ago

Can't give more than 3 stars, yet again another fast turn out story with poor grammar, get it proof read by someone that sees the errors, churning out stories with poor grammar well for me stops me reading any more of that writers attempts

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

hum, liked most the version where he helped out and then married a younger woman, but hated the fact that his wife had been a cheating slut bitch, no way i would have been in any way kind forgiving tolerant or fair to her, and probably would have released her porn videos at some point. the one where they both tried extra marital partners one time and then got back together might be workable. the one where after the idiot sex worker/shrink visit, they ravished each other was the best outcome and the last where she reverts back to lesbo is bad since she was cheating again. the very first ending was the best.

so 1st ending(role playing) 5 star, ending with in car ravishing 4star, ending w/ a 1 time extra marital experiment 3.25 star, ending w/ marriage to younger chick and cheating wife 3 star, lesbian return 1 star.

rk

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Suck ass

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can’t believe this crap. First off, no way a therapist would be allowed to have penetrative sex with a client. This is what the free world considers prostitution. Second, wifey has been a cold fish for a year, and now decides she wants to take on lover(s)? Any rational man, would deduce that he just doesn’t do it for her anymore. As Kevin Cronin said” Its time for me to fly!”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Now that we have been exposed to the cum drinking, cuck versions- Lets see a real man like saddletramp rewrite this!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous