A Dutch Fairytale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They walked on while Karel explained, "The windmills are quite famous and a lot of painters immortalized them in their paintings. Piet Mondriaan among them."

Lucy acted sullen but when Karel proposed to take a picture of the threesome in front of the Oostzijdse molen, she seemed to thaw somewhat. Then, when Karel had a little chat with the miller of the Broekzijdse molen and they were allowed inside, she actually smiled.

On their way back, Karel asked Louis whether he, Tara, and Lucy would like tea and possibly supper at his place. Louis wanted to consult the women first because of the attitude Lucy showed towards Karel, but to Louis's surprise, Lucy agreed immediately.

An hour later, they arrived and walked into the garden behind the house. Tara said to Karel, "Wow! I'm amazed at what you achieved with such a small garden."

"Actually, the design was my wife's. I keep it up, replanting and pruning when necessary. But I'm a bad host. I'll break out the chairs so you can get the weight of your feet. What would you like to drink? Tea, coffee, soft drinks? I've also got some proper beer. And yesterday I made a clafoutis with apples. Dinner will take some work so I advise you to dig into the clafoutis." 

After the refreshments were served, Karel disappeared into the kitchen. Karel was busy cutting the cold butter into the flower when Lucy entered the kitchen. "Hello, she said with a soft voice,  Can I help you?" 

Karel hid his surprise and answered, "If you like, you can dice the bell peppers and the mushrooms. I'll take care of the leeks and the onions."

"What are you doing with the flour?"

"The butter must be cold. So I slice it into the flour before kneading it."

Then with an even softer voice, Lucy asked, "Tomorrow Tara and Louis want to have some quality time. I'll be on my own the whole day. Can I come so we can have another walk? I'll even wear proper shoes. You were so right about the blisters." 

Karel took a long look at the beautiful woman as if he wanted to discern whether this wasn't another of her ploys. Lucy's face became flushed under the penetrating look he gave her.

After a few seconds, Karel said, "I was under the impression that even if I was the last person in the world, you wouldn't give me the time of the day. Now you want to spend the day with me? Alone? Really, is this a plot to try to humiliate me? My hospitality has its limits, you know." 

Lucy's face was completely flushed. She swallowed, tried to clear her throat and with difficulty replied, "I've been a bitch, haven't I? You didn't deserve that. And I'm truly sorry. I'll try to explain tomorrow, if you allow me to." 

"Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I know a nice route along the river 'de Vecht,' about 15 miles with ice cream at the 12 mile mark. Where and when do we meet? Oh, I almost forgot. How bad are your blisters? Do they need treatment?" 

Lucy's smile lit up the kitchen. "You really are a sweet guy aren't you, until someone tries to mess with you, that is. I didn't look at the blisters yet; I'm afraid of what I'll find. I don't know how to treat them and Louis and Tara don't know first aid either."

"When the quiche is in the oven, I'll take a look at your feet, if you don't mind. I have some experience with treating blisters." 

Lucy smiled this time and said, "Really? I didn't take you for someone with a foot fetish." 

Karel laughed, "This conversation is going the wrong way. I volunteer for a hiking club and I have my first aid license. So, one plus one?"

Louis and Tara felt very comfortable in the garden, enjoying their surroundings as they sipped their drinks. Karel had brought Tara a chilled Cabernet Sauvignon and Louis a rather heavy IPA from a local brewer in Amsterdam.  When a half hour had passed and Lucy still wasn't back, Tara, with a heavy sight, stood up and said to Louis, "I'm going in to find out if they killed each other." 

Inside, to her astonishment, she saw Lucy stirring in a big pan while adding mushrooms. The smell was mouthwatering. Karel was adding garlic and rosemary while kneading the dough. 

"Oh, here you are," she said as she looked at Lucy. "What are you doing?" She was surprised that there was no bickering to be heard. 

Lucy smiled and answered,  "I'm trying to behave myself, just as Louis ordered. Actually, though, I am enjoying myself immensely. Karel is a good cook and I learned more here in half an hour than at those bloody workshops. By the way, tell Louis that we are going for a serious walk tomorrow and Karel is treating me to ice cream." 

Tara was thunderstruck. Finally and with difficulty, she asked, "What has happened here? Did you take some 'regulated substances'?" 

Lucy walked Tara out of the kitchen, into the garden. Softly, so that only Tara could hear her, she said, "I've never met a man like Karel. No bluster, no cockiness, but silent confidence, charming and actually good looking and without a belly hanging over his belt. And did you feel those muscles? If Karel doesn't work out, I'll eat my hat. I'd really like to know him better, even if it is for just a few days. Then, when I get back in the States, I'll have something to compare to." 

Tara shook her head in surprise at her sister's statement, but gave her a happy smile just as Karel called them to dinner.

When dinner was over, they all enjoyed coffee, the ladies with a glass of aged port wine and the men with a glass of aged Dutch jenever. Afterward, Karel's guests thanked him for the delicious meal and hospitality when he had brought them to the metro station. Louis and Tara gave him a handshake, but Lucy kissed him softly on his cheek and said, "Thank you for today. Tomorrow I will tell you why I've been such a bitch. See you at nine." 

Karel confirmed their appointment for the second day following before leaving them. Louis held his tongue. As soon as the metro left the station, he growled to Lucy, "What was that all about? You're not messing with that man, Lucy, are you? He's still vulnerable, and I like him a lot, so be warned!" 

Lucy was taken aback but retorted, "I'm not messing with the man. Karel's the first decent man I've met--besides you and you don't count--in years. No insinuations, no smooth talking. He didn't try to seduce me. He's caring, Louis. He even treated my blisters. And yes, I know, it was my own fault I'd had them in the first place, but now I can walk properly tomorrow. And boy, can he cook! Be assured. I'm not even going there. I fully intend to enjoy myself tomorrow with him as my companion and I don't want to spoil that." 

Louis nodded slowly, seeing she looked serious. "Okay, just keep it that way.

====

A short time after they returned to their hotel that evening, Lucy was on her back in her bed with her fingers softly massaging her labia. Since the peck on Karel's cheek, she'd been horny and wet.

The feeling actually started when Karel was treating her blisters. After he punctured them and applied 'second skin,' he massaged a salve into the skin of her feet. His hands were strong but gentle and it felt wonderful. Karel tried to give her a small jar with the salve so she could apply it before leaving the hotel the next morning, but Lucy interjected that since he had to check the blisters, she'd prefer that he did it.

Darn, girl, she thought to herself. No man, ever, has gotten this reaction out of you. They always had to work hard to get you off. Ahhh, how I wish he was doing this to me now. 

She went with her fingers into her sopping wet slit and started rocking her pelvis. When finally her fingers circled her almost painfully hard clitoris, prominently peeking from under her hood, she continued until she felt a semblance of relief wash over her and she soon fell asleep.

Karel, oblivious of Lucy's emotions, slept like a log. 

====

Louis and Tara were sleeping in, but Lucy was up and about and very nervous. Over the last years, she hadn't had many positive experiences with men and she truly hoped that Karel would be waiting for her at the end of the metro line.

Karel had coffee and some currant buns ready and stepped out from his house. Five minutes later he was at the station just in time for the metro to arrive. He saw Lucy walking down the stairs and thought, "She really is quite a woman to behold." Lucy was wearing a light sweater, comfortable jeans, a hat and proper walking shoes.

Karel waved and Lucy almost ran into his arms. She hugged him, looked in his eyes and said, "I was afraid that you wouldn't show up." 

Surprised, Karel asked, "Why wouldn't I show up for a date with a beautiful lady, Lucy?" 

"That's a long story," she answered. 

"Okay, if you want to share it, we have at least five hours to get it off your chest. How are your feet, by the way?"

"They're feeling alright...but you promised to check the blisters and apply the salve again?"

"You want to do it now, when we come back, or both?"

Lucy looked at her feet, blushing as she remembered last night, and, with a timid voice, answered, "Both?"

Karel laughed. "You like your feet rubbed, don't you? Well, let's go home and I'll check your feet first. Then, if you'd like, I'll give your feet a proper massage when we're done walking. Deal?" 

Lucy smiled and nodded yes. Her heart raced and she felt her face flush. She hoped that Karel wouldn't notice her eagerness. He seemed not to, or at least he didn't show it.

On reaching Karel's home, she sat in the recliner with her feet up as Karel inspected the second skin on the back of her heels. "That looks good," he said. "And now, the rest of the treatment." He started to massage the ointment into the skin of her feet. 

"Aaahhhh," Lucy sighed. 

Karel stopped immediately and asked, a little alarmed, "Does it hurt?" 

"No, no, no, please go on. It feels so good when you do that." 

Ten minutes later, Karel told Lucy, with a little smile on his face, that he was done for this time and she would have to wait until the afternoon for more.

Lucy smiled back. "You are enjoying this don't you?" 

Karel replied, "I enjoy giving people comfort. I'm fairly good at massaging. I've been taught by a friend of mine. But now, let's walk. I have two bottles of water and some 'krentenbollen'--currant buns?--in my backpack to tide us over until the ice-cream parlor."

The first kilometers were the same route they'd walked the previous day. Again, they crossed the little river but instead of going left or right, Karel walked straight ahead.

"I didn't notice this little path yesterday," she said as they walked along it, meandering through the pretty countryside until it led them to the 'Amsterdam - Rhine Canal.' There, Karel steered Lucy to the right to a bridge. As they walked over it, she asked, "Are there no cars here?" 

"Nope," he replied. "This is a 'bicycle bridge.' It's built only for bicycles and pedestrians." 

They walked through the old city of Nigtevecht along the river De Vecht to Weesp. Lucy was starting to get tired when Karel told her that ice cream was only a 100 meters away. A minute later, she sighed from relief when she was seated.

 

Karel noticed her fatigue and said, "We'll rest here until you think you can go on. It's about an hour or an hour and a half now. That depends what route we take. The scenic route or the quickest way home. Your choice, since you seem tired." 

Lucy bit down a sharp retort, remembering Karel's quiet remark about walking 50 miles without too much trouble, so she assumed he was just being concerned about her. With Karel she didn't have to play the 'what you can, I can do better' act. Therefore, she replied, "You're observant, Karel. I am indeed tiring. Can we take the quickest route to your house?" 

Karel treated Lucy to a delicious bowl of ice cream along with a cup of coffee. When Lucy felt a bit rested, they headed to his home. On arriving, Lucy took a seat with her feet up in Karel's recliner. She asked, "Karel, how much did we walk today?"

Karel thought for a moment and replied, "It's about 24 kilometers, that should be approximately 15 miles, I think" 

Lucy smiled mischievously, "I have to confess that it has been a very long time that I walked such a distance. Can I have my foot rubbed now?" 

Karel returned her smile. "One foot rub coming up. Let me get my things and some towels. Meanwhile, can you roll up your jeans? Or do you wish me to do that as well?" 

Trying to hide a grin, Lucy replied, "I'll take care of that."

When Karel returned, he found that Lucy had taken off her jeans and was sitting in his chair in a pair of running tights, showing off a small waist with beautiful flared hips and a pair of long, well-toned legs. Karel firmly told himself to keep his mind on the task ahead but his body had other ideas. Blood spontaneously started to flood other parts instead of his brain. He adjusted her chair and sat on the footstool he placed in front of her. He asked, "Can you put one foot in my lap?" 

Lucy was pleased with Karel's reaction and happily obliged. When he started to massage the oil into her tired feet. Lucy leaned backward and enjoyed Karel's firm hands on her feet and calves. Finally she said, "I still owe you an explanation." 

"You don't have to," Karel replied lightly, even though he was curious. 

"I had two relationships and both went badly. Since then, it's like open hunting season on Lucy. On top of that, my sister keeps throwing men at me. I was convinced that you were another of her 'projects.'" 

Karel laughed. "I'm nobody's project. Who wants a grumpy old widower?" 

I do! Lucy thought. 

Karel served leftovers from yesterday's meal and a salad with spinach, blue cheese and walnuts. When Lucy wanted to take the metro back to the hotel, Karel went with her and brought her to the door. Lucy gave him a soft kiss on his lips and fled inside before she lost herself.

She was, she realized, falling hard for Karel..

====

The next afternoon, Louis and Karel were sampling a variety of 'jenevers' when Louis looked at Karel and asked, "Charlamagne, can I ask you a question?" 

"Of course."

"The thing is, my sister-in-law's decided that she wants to extend her stay here. That poses a problem." 

Karel had an inkling of what's coming but decided to play along and asked, "Problem? What kind of problem?" 

Louis stammered. "The hotel needs the room; she can get another one, but it's way too expensive." 

Karel decided to help the man out of his misery. "Louis, This is Holland. We're Dutch and as you undoubtedly read and noticed, we are often thought of as being blunt. But we like clarity and that takes a certain directness. So why don't you just ask if I can let Lucy stay at my place for the duration?" 

Louis looked relieved and asked, "Can you? Even if she's a witch sometimes?" 

Karel laughed out loud and answered, "I'll make a deal. I let Lucy stay with me as long as she likes, but if she misbehaves, she gets three days to find a broom and fly home. Will that do?" 

Louis felt relieved. He hadn't liked it at all when Lucy announced her desire to stay in Amsterdam alone, so he replied quickly, "Oh, yes. That would be great. We leave the day after tomorrow." 

Karel held up his hand and said, "I'll treat you all to dinner tomorrow evening, and after dinner, I'll take Lucy, and her luggage, home with me. You'll have the entire day tomorrow to revisit your favorite spots and have some quality time together."

"Thank you," Louis said, breathing a big sigh of relief.

====

The next evening they met in front of the hotel. Tara hugged Karel fiercely, kissed him on his cheek and whispered in his ear, "Please take good care of my baby sister. Don't hurt her, she has a major crush on you, you know."

Surprised Harry whispered back, "I promise, if she'll let me, of course. Don't you worry." 

After Tara and Karel parted, Lucy jumped in his arms and softly kissed him on the lips. This one lasted for a bit, but when separated once more, Karel turned around, looked at Louis, and grinned, "You're not going to kiss me, too, huh?" 

Louis's laugh rumbled loudly. "No way!" 

Dinner was at a fish-specialty restaurant a short walk from the hotel. After a meal where they focused on their friendship and the good times they'd had together they returned to the hotel together where Lucy collected her baggage and told her sister and brother-in-law goodbye. When the couple was gone, Karel looked on in surprise at the amount of luggage Lucy had. Two big suitcases and a beauty case! Out front, he had the bellhop call them a taxi for the trip home.

At home, he gave Lucy the 'grand tour' of his small house and showed her to her room. He said, "This house has only one bathroom so we have to share. Feel free to use anything you need and if you need something not here, ask for it. After all, you are my guest. Oh, by the way, here are the keys so you can come and go as you like."

Lucy looked at Karel. "Aren't you coming with me?"

"I still have a job to do. I don't have to work all the time and have a vacation coming in two weeks. One glorious month of vacation." He smiled.

Lucy was a bit disappointed and it showed so Karel smiled and went on, "Don't give me those puppy eyes. I work from home a lot and there is always time for fun together."

Lucy asked, "What are you going to do when you have vacation? Do I have to leave?"

"Only if you want to. Coffee?"

The next morning Lucy woke up rested, For a moment she couldn't remember where she was, but then it dawned on her. At Karel's! She got out of bed, put something decent on and went in search of her host. She found him in the kitchen behind a newspaper and a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, sleepyhead. It's half past ten! Brunch and after that, perhaps a walk?"

Lucy noticed a plate with buns and croissants and nodded. When done, they put on their walking shoes and were off.

This time their walk went through Vreeland and back. When they returned home, Lucy had sore feet. "Whew! I don't think I could walk another step."

He smiled but when he offered to make dinner alone, she sighed. "Aren't you tired? I've walked, here, more in three days than in three months at home.

Karel replied, "I'm a bit tired, yes, but not too badly. It was to be expected. I'll make dinner and after dinner, if you'd like, I'll check your feet and give them a good rub again."

With eyes bright, Lucy nodded. "Dinner and a massage? How can I refuse? You're on!" 

Dinner was an oven-dish with broccoli, potatoes and sausage doused in a cheese and mushroom sauce. Lucy thought it delicious and was thinking,"Darn, that man can cook. But I might need to check on my calorie intake or I'll need two seats going back home.

When dinner was over and everything was cleaned up, Lucy wiggled her toes and asked with a small smirk, "Where is my dessert?"

Karel went upstairs to gather his things, coming back with massage oil and towels. Seeing her in the recliner on his return, Karel asked, "Comfortable?" When Lucy nodded happily, he started with checking the blisters from three days ago before beginning to massage her feet.

For Lucy, it felt sensational again. She had never met a man willing to do that for her and her mind wandered, imagining Karel's hands on her back and her legs and.... 

She felt herself getting wet at thought, so she closed her eyes to relax and enjoy his touch.

When he was done, Lucy sighed deeply, looked at him, and whispered, "That was very good. Are you as proficient with the rest of someone's body, or can you only massage one's feet?" 

Karel looked up at her, hesitating. "Lucy, what do you want from me? Are you trying to seduce me?"

Lucy went beet red. She never expected that Karel would see through her overtures so quickly and that he would be so direct in asking. She stammered, "No, uh yes, uh no. I don't know."