A Fool in Love

Story Info
Pet Sitting Gets Interesting...
29.2k words
4.79
42.6k
48
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

©2021 Smuttyandfun

This one is for the April Fools Day Contest. It's a little longer than what I usually write, and a bit of a slow burn, but they eventually get there. And I hope you'll enjoy it. As always, your votes and comments are much appreciated. Thanks for reading, and stay safe.

SOPHIA

I'd promised the kids that I'd stay at their place and take care of things for the two weeks they'd be away in Maui celebrating their first anniversary.

But I was a little surprised when I pulled into their four car driveway and saw a big, black SUV already parked there.

As I mounted the wide stone staircase leading up to their beautiful stone and timber-framed home, not sure if I should knock or just let myself in, I hesitated, with my hand raised ready to knock. Then after I'd decided it was silly, and I should just go ahead and use the key and unlock the door, as I took a step inside, I think I actually gasped when I came face to face with Rafe, my son-in-law's father. Oh god, I could actually feel my thighs clenching just looking at him.

Of course he had that sexy smirk firmly in place, along with that devilish glint in his eye. Obviously happy to see me, I liked how his face lit up with his smile as he said, "Sophia, what a surprise. Good to see you again."

Then he slipped his arm around my waist, leaned in and pressed a kiss to my cheek, and naturally I got a little tongue-tied and more than a little flustered -- which seemed to happen every time we got together.

I'd always thought he was gorgeous. Like drop dead kind of gorgeous. With all that thick dark hair and just a few distinguished looking wisps of gray at the temples. Though I knew he probably had to be at least somewhere in his mid-to-late fifties, considering his son was thirty, he sure didn't look it. The man was a total fox. And every time I saw him, I instantly pictured him out of his clothes.

He was the type that just oozed sex appeal, with a body I'd kill to get a look at.

Like the way he looked now. Somehow he managed to rock a simple pair of fitted jeans and navy blue button-down shirt like no man I'd ever seen -- like he'd just stepped off the pages of a men's style magazine.

When I finally snapped out of my lust-induced stupor, it occurred to me that he wasn't supposed to be here. I glanced around wondering what was up, and why they'd asked him to come, too.

When we'd talked before they'd left for their trip, my daughter Carrie kept telling me over and over again how grateful she was that I could spare the time off work to drive the three hours to come and take care of their dog and cat, so they wouldn't have to be boarded at the vets. Now here was Rafe, probably asked to do the same by his son Marcus.

But good god, just the feel of his hand sliding up and down along my waist was enough to send a little shiver running through me as he narrowed his eyes and said, "Let me guess, Carrie asked you to come and take care of the pets, too."

I nodded, and said, "Yes." Eyeing the naughty little twinkle in his eye, I wondered how just the heat of his hand on my waist was enough to make my heart start to pound like crazy, right through my sweater. I knew one thing, the man was dangerous.

Now I wondered if I should turn around and drive back home, since obviously he wouldn't need me here. At least I knew I'd be safe back at my condo -- in no danger of doing anything crazy, like falling under his spell and getting naked with him.

Finally, he dropped his hand, and I let out the breath I hadn't even realized I'd been holding, as he shrugged and explained. "I told Marcus I wasn't too sure how long I could stay, which is probably why they asked us both to come. Because I'm sure they didn't want to risk leaving Riley and Lucy on their own."

"Where is Riley?" I asked, glancing around, wondering why he hadn't met me at the door, like he always did bounding up, all excited and giddy to see me.

"I let him out in the yard as soon I got in. I wasn't sure how long ago they'd left to go to the airport, and he seemed pretty eager to get out." He looked up the stairs, smiled and said, "Of course little Lucy took one look at me and ran straight upstairs. You've probably noticed she's a little skittish."

I laughed. "Yeah. Last time I stayed here, she was with me, too, until she got to know me. But once she decided that she liked the way I scratched her head, then she insisted on crawling into bed with me every night and curling up tight."

Rafe grinned and waggled his eyebrows. "Lucky Lucy."

Rolling my eyes, I laughed, remembering that he was also a natural born flirt. And that got me wondering if he was on his own. I knew he'd been divorced for years, but I remember a year ago at the wedding, his date was gorgeous; a very vivacious, tall, seriously stacked blonde.

Though, come to think of it, I hadn't seen him with her since, not at Easter, or the Fourth of July barbecue the kids had invited us to. And he'd been on his own for Thanksgiving as well.

And when the kids asked us to come for Christmas he'd come solo -- which had me thinking back to how lost I was in his gaze as we sat by the fire having a drink after dinner, just the two of us.

Rafe interrupted my thoughts, reminding me where I was, when he asked, "How about a coffee or some to tea warm you up? It's a cold one out there today. Unless you'd prefer some wine which I was just about to pour for myself. I got a nice bottle of red already open."

I nodded. "Wine sounds good." Deciding a little liquid courage might help me deal a little better with Mr. Hot Stuff.

While he was pouring the wine, I went to carry my bags upstairs, but he noticed and said, "Sophia, just leave those at the bottom of the stairs and I'll take them up."

Glancing around the big beautiful open concept house, with the high beamed ceilings that the kids had helped design, I wondered how the two of us would manage cohabitating, even for a few days, providing he actually would be leaving sooner than I was.

He came back and handed me a glass of wine and gestured at the couch that sat facing the roaring fire that he already had going in the big, grand wall to wall stone fireplace.

I noticed he had some mellow jazz softly playing, so we could still hear ourselves talk.

Once we'd settled down together side by side, he winked and touched his glass to mine. "Here's to getting to know each other a little better over the next week or so."

I couldn't help it I blinked. Because that was something I didn't know if I had the nerve to do, learn any more than I already knew about him. I knew that he was hot -- that went without saying. And that he was a bit of a ladies' man, who loved to tease. And he really knew how to get my heart pounding like nobody's business. So, I didn't think there was much more I needed to know -- other than what he might be like in bed. But that was something I knew I'd never have the nerve to explore, especially with a man like him, who'd probably be shocked by how little experience I had.

Then he reached over and patted my knee, my head snapped up as he asked, "So, what have you been up to since I saw you at Christmas?"

I shrugged, since my life was pretty set, and fairly quiet, especially since Carrie left to move in with Marcus before they got married last April Fool's Day. Although I was happy enough with the way I lived, I imagined it might seem a little dull to a mover and shaker like him. So I told him the truth, "Still just lecturing, and teaching English online."

"That must be rewarding. You teach new immigrants, right?"

I nodded. "I do, and some overseas students as well. And they're just so grateful to have someone working with them to learn the language. I'm sure it really helps them settle in when they can communicate. I can't imagine how difficult it would be starting out in a new country if I couldn't understand what anyone was saying."

As I watched him nod in agreement I was a little curious to know what he'd been up to, but then again, I thought I might be better off not knowing.

But before I could even think how to ask, he set his glass down on the coffee table, got up and said, "Guess I'd better let Riley in."

When I looked up again, I had big beautiful Riley wagging his tail, hanging his head over my lap, looking like he was smiling at me, begging me to pet him. As I stroked his head, I thought he was so gorgeous, that it was hard to believe he'd been a rescue dog. Obviously he was a purebred Irish setter. So it could be his original owners hadn't had time for such a big dog. But lucky for him, he'd found a good home with Carrie and Marcus, who absolutely adored him.

"Do the kids tell the dog that you're his grandma, too?" Rafe asked me from the kitchen.

Nodding that they did, I rolled my eyes chuckling, considering I was still only forty-two, I thought I was a little young to be anybody's grandma, especially a big, red hairy dog's. I looked over at Rafe busy getting something out of the fridge, and I had to bite into my lip to stop myself from groaning at the sight of his sexy back muscles rippling under his shirt, ooh, and that super tight ass. When he turned his head and flashed that gorgeous smile, as he watched me loving up Riley, he sure didn't look like anybody's grandpa that I'd ever seen.

"He's a great dog though, isn't he?" he remarked, after he'd set a cheese board and basket of crackers down on the coffee table in front of us. Taking the seat beside me he got in close enough to run his hand down over Riley's back.

"He is," I agreed, rubbing by thumbs around his temples close to his long floppy ears, the way I knew he liked it. "You're a gorgeous boy, aren't you?" I cooed, looking right into his big brown eyes. We both laughed at the way he started thumping his tail against the floor, looking like he was actually smiling in agreement.

After Riley had had his fill, and curled up on the carpet, I got up and washed my hands and got us a couple of plates. Deciding I'd better eat something if I was going to have a drink, especially if I was going to be spending an afternoon with Rafe.

But then I stood stock still, as it occurred to me I'd actually be spending an entire week or more with him. Wow. This was crazy. And not what I was expecting when I'd agreed to watch the pets -- spending an entire week with Marcus's super-hot dad.

As I wandered back in to join him on the couch, I still remember when he'd asked me to dance at the kid's wedding a year ago. And even now, it actually sent a little tingle racing through me, recalling the way he held me in his arms, and gazed into my eyes, and made me feel like I was the only woman in the world, never mind the room. I'd heard of sparks flying, but never actually experienced it until that night, when we'd danced together close enough to feel each other's hearts beating right through our clothes.

Of course we'd had a few drinks, so we were just having a little fun together, at least I thought. But I also remember both his ex-wife Donna and his date for the night glaring daggers at me. Considering that we must have danced for a half dozen songs in a row, getting closer with every dance, till finally, we were wrapped together chest to chest. I'd gotten so lost in his gaze and the feel of that big hard body of his wrapped around me that I'd almost forgotten where we were. It was like we were in our own little bubble where no one else could touch us.

At least until they announced that the bride and groom were about to cut the cake, if anyone wanted to get pictures. And that snapped me out of it pretty quick. But even then Rafe didn't pull away, in fact he actually pulled me a little closer, pressed a lingering kiss to corner of my lips and quietly murmured, "Thanks for the dance, Sophia."

I was so overwhelmed that all I could do was nod. Then I went and got myself a drink and had to sit down because my legs were a little too wobbly to stand after that.

So, no wonder I was nervous about spending a week alone with him, if just sharing a few dances and that tiny little kiss was enough to make me go weak in the knees.

RAFE

I knew one thing as I glanced over at her sitting close beside me. This was going to be some week. I was supposed to be in California for a big car auction. But as soon as Marcus told me that they'd asked Sophia to come and house sit for them, I decided I'd better change my plans. I knew she wouldn't be able to handle the snow they got around here, or a dog the size of Riley on her own. So I figured I had no choice but to come and help her.

Reaching for my wine, I still remember the first time I saw her at the kid's wedding rehearsal. She looked so young and so pretty that I thought she had to be Carrie's sister, till I remembered my son's fiancée had said she was also an only child.

From the moment I saw her, I couldn't take my eyes off her. I don't know if it was love at first sight, but it was pretty damn close.

Then when she looked up at me and flashed that pretty smile, and as our eyes locked, I thought I'd better go over and a get a little better acquainted with my son's future mother-in-law.

And I soon realized she was a lot more than pretty. Good looking women are a dime a dozen, but ones that can fascinate me are something pretty rare. The more we talked, I realized too, that in addition to being gorgeous, she was smart and witty, and I quickly decided that I loved her laugh. She didn't giggle like a silly girl, she actually laughed out loud, not afraid to show that she was enjoying herself with me. And damn, I'd really enjoyed myself with her.

Oh god, and her hair -- I smiled glancing over at it the way it cascaded around her shoulders in shimmering waves. I'd never seen hair the color of hers, a blend of red and blonde, like spun gold. I remembered when we danced the next night of the wedding that I hadn't been able to resist sliding my hand into the hair the back of her hair, and I'd had to fight not to groan at the feel of those soft, silky locks running through my fingers. And naturally I imagined her naked with all that long red hair splayed across the pillow as I hovered over her.

Another thing I realized as I held her close on that dancefloor, gazing into those big green eyes, was that we were a perfect fit. She'd fit me like a glove; and just the right height for me too, about five-six, with a sweet, tight little body, that tucked in nicely to mine. The way she'd felt in my arms, all soft and warm, like it was where she belonged, I kind of hated to let go when they announced they were cutting the cake.

A part of me wished I could take her up to my room in the hotel and spend the night with her. But I didn't want people talking about how the groom's father had hooked up with the bride's mother, knowing it would embarrass the kids.

Though we really seemed to have hit it off that night, I have an idea why she's acting a little nervous with me now, and looking a little anxious. It's probably because she wasn't expecting to find herself alone with me, though we've seen each other a number of times since.

But I'd take my time and let her get to know me a little better, so that she could see she had nothing to fear from me. I'd also let her know, that I've got a feeling we'd be good together, if she was willing to give us a chance.

I'm single, she's single. So I thought, what the hell, might as well see where things could go.

I knew I liked her, and she seemed to like me. So, we'd have a week or two to explore our feelings. And hopefully with any luck, eventually we'd be exploring a helluva lot more than just our feelings.

I nodded toward the kitchen, as I topped up her wine. "I got a roast and some veggies going in the oven, so I thought this would tide us over till dinner."

She turned her head looking a little confused. "You were planning on having a roast, just for yourself?"

Oh shit, I had to think fast, because I wasn't supposed to know she was joining me. So I shrugged and said, "Sure. I like to cook, and I don't mind leftovers. And I'm not big on fast food, or eating out on my own. So I often make enough for a few meals," which was actually the truth -- at least mostly.

She nodded. "I know what you mean. I don't eat out much, because I hate eating alone. I cooked every night when Carrie was home. But now that it's just me, I don't bother as much. Usually I'll just have a sandwich or an egg for dinner."

I winked. "Then it's a good thing there'll be two of us to cook for, so we can enjoy a few dinners together."

SOPHIA

As I nodded my head, I noticed that I was suddenly feeling a little light headed. Living on my own, I rarely drank, and the effects of the wine were starting to make my head spin.

I let my head fall back on the couch, and closed my eyes, hoping the spinning sensation would stop and that the wine wouldn't put me to sleep. I was up pretty early making sure everything was done, and that my classes would be covered before I left. And now I was feeling so relaxed with the warmth of the fire, and the effects of the wine, that I could actually feel the tension draining out of my body, as I let out a few long slow breaths to try and concentrate on my breathing instead of my woozy head.

"You must be tired after driving all those hours in the snow," Rafe said, noticing that I'd closed my eyes and gone quiet.

"A little," I murmured, trying my best not to fall asleep on him, though I was feeling pretty lethargic.

Then he leaned in and whispered against my ear, "You should put your head on my lap. You'll be more comfortable."

Before I could even think about what he was saying, he was helping me stretch my legs out on the long brown leather couch, and sitting my head in his lap.

I looked up and the way he was looking down at me, softly smiling, I realized it felt nice to be this close to him. There was just something about him that made me feel comfortable and safe. Somehow, I'd realized that from the moment I'd met him.

Then he dropped a little kiss on my forehead and began to massage my scalp as he quietly murmured, "Why don't you close your eyes and try and get some sleep."

Letting my eyelids fall shut, I thought maybe I would rest my eyes for a minute or two. But his hands just felt so good, like the sweetest caress I'd ever felt gently running through my hair, and working their way across my scalp that I could feel myself starting to drift off... and finally I gave in.

When I awoke, hours later, I looked up and smiled when I saw that he'd dozed off, too. With one hand still cradled around my neck, I guess to be sure I wouldn't fall off the couch.

Good god he really was a good looking man. With his eyes closed and those long lashes resting on his high cheekbones, and his perfectly shaped lips slightly parted, I kind of wished I had the nerve to pull his head down and kiss him. Really kiss him.

I had a feeling he'd be into it, too.

Then I guess sensing that I was staring, he opened his eyes looked around for a second, till I guess he remembered where he was. And when he looked down at me in his lap and his gaze met mine, I could see the desire in his eyes, as he slowly began to smile. And I decided maybe it was time I acted on my impulses and stopped saying no to myself.

As I reached up and slipped my arms around his neck, his gaze darkened right before my eyes. He actually groaned as he dropped his head and planted the kiss I'd always hoped for, right on my lips.

Soon the man had everything I owned starting to tingle as he wrapped me in his arms, slipped his tongue between my lips and began to deepen the kiss.

I'd had a lot of time to think since my daughter had moved out, and I'd decided that I was tired of being alone. So, even if only for this one week, I was going to enjoy every last thing this gorgeous man had to offer.

123456...8