A Good Day

Story Info
Mother doesn't know I've been keeping this diary.
1k words
3.42
7.8k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

X--Today was a good day. We didn't take the bus because Mother came pick us up from school and we had lots of chicken and avocado salads for dinner. I liked chicken and Nellie liked avocado, so we both ate a lot. Mother was happy and said we were such sweet girls and would soon grow as tall as her if we eat like this. Though she also said avocados were expensive now and she wasn't happy. Mother is pretty but I think she is too thin. She never eats much and just watch us eat and drink her tea. Nellie helps her make it but she always put too much sugar. Mother makes face when she drink Nellie's tea and pretends to be angry but we know she's not.

XX--Today was a bad day, because I said a bad word and made Mother sad. She asked us what we did today and I got so excited telling her that we had a new math teacher today. Mr. Doolittle was different because he was black, and the other kids made fun of him, though I think he was nice. The boys called him a word and I did not know it was a bad word, but it sounded funny so I said it but Mother got so angry that her eyes got big. She made me put down my fork and go to her. She asked me where I heard that word from and I told her the truth. I was scared and my tears fell, and Nellie cried too. Mother later told us it's okay and made us promise to never use that word again, but I think we're in trouble.

XXX--Today Mother came pick us up again. I saw her coming out from Mr. Doolittle's room and knew she had talked with him. I was afraid that Mother would tell my teacher what I had called him but she seemed happy. She asked why we didn't tell her what a handsome young man he was. Somehow I don't like the way Mother talked about Mr. Doolittle, but I was glad that she did not say bad things about me to him. And she remembered to get us some ice-cream on the way home, I got mint and Nellie got strawberry. So I guess it's a good day.

XXXX--Today was a bad day because it rains cats and dogs and we couldn't go out and play with other kids. We were supposed to visit our cousin Tommy but Mother called aunt Jenna and it was put off. She said we could still go tomorrow if the weather improved but I don't know. The sky was so dark. I had read all my books so I borrowed one of Nellie's cartoons but they were too easy for me now. Mother left in her car and said she would get more for me from the library. I wanted to go with her but she won't let me, said I would catch a bad cold and she won't have time to take care of me. Nellie and I watched from the window as Mother left, and she did not lie. Just the little distance to her car she had got her hair all wet! She looked funny like that and we both giggled.

XXXXX--Today started as a good day because the rain stopped and we went to Tommy's, but aunt Jenna had to drop us off earlier this afternoon, and Nellie was sad to leave so early, because Tommy had those really cool car models she could play with. Mother won't buy us those because they were too expensive, and the books from the library were free. On the way home aunt Jenna asked us how Mother was doing. She's nice but she liked to ask questions. She asked if we missed our dad. I said no because that's how Mother taught us so, and also because it was so long ago and I barely remembered what Father looked like. When we got home and knocked on the door Mother looked really surprised, and tired like she just ran for a mile, and we saw someone else was at the dinner table. To our surprise it was Mr. Doolittle! He wasn't wearing his glasses so we didn't recognize him at first and were afraid, but then he spoke and we knew it's him. We liked him a lot at school so he stayed for dinner with us. Mr. Doolittle told Mother we were his smartest students and she looked happy to hear it. Nellie asked if Mr. Doolittle was here to teach Mother math too, and somehow they couldn't stop laughing, and neither of us knew why. Other than that it's been a good day, and I'm glad that Mother made friends with Mr. Doolittle.

X--Mr. Doolittle lives with us for some time now, and I think it's good because he fills our house with laughters, and he would buy us snacks behind Mother's back. I think she knows but didn't say anything. I like Mr. Doolittle, but once Nellie told me when we were alone that he was a bad man, because he would hurt mother. Nellie said she heard her screaming at night. But mother looked well and happier than ever. I told Nellie she shouldn't read those scary cartoons she got from Jim so she won't have anymore bad dreams.

XX--Today is a good day! This morning mother came into our room and woke me from sleep. She smiled and asked me in whispers if I wanted a little brother, or a little sister? Nellie and I always wanted another sister so I told her. She said she would try her very best to get us one, but if it turns out to be a boy we still need to be nice to him. Then she assured me that it would still be quite a while till we could meet the baby. I was glad to hear this but also a little nervous, because mother once told me how much it hurt her bellybutton to bring Nellie into the world, because she was her second and she was not as young as when she had me. I told her that I would pray for her so when the time comes she won't hurt as much, and she kissed my forehead twice. I think she cried because I felt her tears on my hair, but I think she's happy.