All Comments on 'A Hero's Rebirth Ch. 04'

by NaughtyPaladin

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
Teacher44Teacher448 months ago

I love this saga. Thank you.

Homer21stCHomer21stC8 months ago

I’m enjoying this story immensely.

joshmosejoshmose8 months ago

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

bugsy_911bugsy_9118 months ago

I'm loving this series! And you have some great character development

MehntalityMehntality8 months ago

This series is, by far, your best and my favorite. I love the world building and character development you have done and hope you dedicate more of your writing time to this one moving forward.

That said though, I would be remiss if I didn't comment on the quality of the editing. There were a lot of grammar issues and missing words throughout that an editor should be identifying pretty easily with just a read-through. No idea why yours isnt...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome chapter and well worth the wait! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

very satisfying and complex story.

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwards8 months ago

I am loving the story line and while I understand that a lot of effort goes into each chapter, I cannot wait for the next chapter to come out!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story, love it.

BrianOrr1BrianOrr18 months ago

This might be my favorite series ever on Lit. Thank you for continuing it. I am already on pins and needles for the next chapter!

I am interested to see how you plan to strike a balance between increasing the size of the harem and not losing harem characters to the "So many members, so little time" ether. Some authors on Lit do better with that than others. It's a fine line to walk, especially as how you have established a plot line where Tom is trying to repopulate the elves, and at the same time each member of the household is a unique and well fleshed out character, and you don't want to be writing about Tom banging House Matron #17...blah, blah, blah.

This is YOUR story, so don't listen to any trolls on here telling you to write faster or they're never coming back. Art flows at its own pace, and when we get the next installment we will cherish it all the more. I will be faithfully following all the way to its, I'm sure, beautiful completion.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Looking forward to more chapters!

Thank you for putting in the story telling effort!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Using "Karen" as a pejorative is a cheap way to right and well beneath your talents. Try harder.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is one of the best story lines that I am reading. The story flows well and is consistent with the events. You keep the anticipation up during the whole chapter and leave me desiring the next chapter. I check daily for further chapters and reread the current chapter to more firmly place it in my mind. Thanks for such a wonderful story line.

Courona45Courona458 months ago

Totally worth the wait great chapter

kameljockeykameljockey8 months ago

I started this series yesterday and now I await the next chapter.

SexySenior56SexySenior568 months ago

Whew! I'm glad you were able to finally get the next chapter out. Trisha's quickly become one of my all time favorite series on this site. I think you've done a terrific job of character development, to include some subtle shifts in the 'real' time week Thomas has been there. Can't wait till the next chapter!

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin8 months agoAuthor

Please don't attack my editor. If you want to volunteer your time and services, message me and watch your junk folder for my response. Just don't attack someone who is volunteering their time and efforts to help bring you the stories you like.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome chapter, one question, is the concept of recoilless rifles going to show up? I just ask out curiosity?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Damn I’m reading this while convalescing from knee surgery and enjoying it big time then I looked and the last chapter was only 2 days ago bugger 🙄 keep it coming Sir Knight

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thank you for continuing this story! This along with “A Very Friendly Neighborhood” are set up to be among the best stories on Literotica! You have great talent, and I am excited to see what’s next.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation8 months ago

Thank you! This is terrific.

Just curious whether you dictate your story to a speech-to-writing app, and then edit? Your stories have very few spelling or punctuation oddities, but there are some - only they are unusual. For example I don't know that I've ever seen the error "raze" for "raise" - early in this episode I think you have someone's eyes, or head, or something being raised but it's spelled "razed". But a dictation app might make that, because they sound exactly the same, and it's only the radically different meanings that make it an unusual switch.

Made me think about a spell-check app that was trained with homonyms, so people could run through their work and it would stop on each "potential trouble spot" and get asked about it. For example, this is a common error though not one I notice in your work - "discrete" when "discreet" is meant. So when either of those two would come up, the app would pause and say "did you mean discreet, as 'without drawing attention', or did you mean discrete, as 'in identifiably separate parts, one at a time?'

I wonder if there's an app like that. "Homonym checker". Seems handy. "It's" vs "Its". "You're" vs. "your" vs. "yore" (though the last is like "raze" for "raise" - errors are more likely in common words or words where there's a metaphor from another discipline in common use, but the speaker doesn't know the origin of the metaphor, and the quasi- or actual homonym creates a different but still logical meaning.

Like "tack" vs. "tact" - "He could see Amura was getting annoyed, so he took a different tack." The word comes from the course a sailboat is on, and is powerfully related to the idea of needing to adjust the angle of the sail and vessel to the prevailing wind, changing it when the wind changes. These days people often write it "a different "tact", perhaps because they didn't learn it from writing, but from hearing - and their minds understood it as a concept related to "tactful". It's a sensible meaning - just not the original source.

Or "Rein" vs. "reign." "The gods reined in Tom's enthusiasm just before he would have stepped in the trap." or "Tom gave his exhilaration free rein." The metaphor comes from a horse - reining in being to pull back on the reins and so control speed; free rein being to loosen the reins and so give the horse the signal it was time to run. But in each case "reign" can also make a kind of sense, as "to reign" is closely related to "govern" or "control" - .

Or "Whet" vs. "wet." "Tom's throat was parched, but he needed his voice clear and sharp. He decided to stop at the tavern to whet his whistle.". The metaphor comes from sharpening a knife, and the alliteration of the wh-wh is part of its durability. But if you learned it through hearing, especially in standard American speech which doesn't tend to aspirate a wh, it sounds exactly the same as "wet", and it would make perfect sense to understand that a parched throat needs to get wet. It still works; it just loses that connection to preparing a tool or a weapon.

Too much fun to think about. Thanks for the story, and the excuse to think again about this amazing language we are gifted with.

On the unlikely chance that I'm the first to think of it, anyone who wants to make one, you are welcome to the idea - I declare it part of the intellectual commons.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin8 months agoAuthor

So, I don't use a dictation software, I type it all out either on my phone or on my computer. I know some of the problems are Autocorrect telling me what it THINKS it should be, and in that way, it could be similar.

My problem is when I am writing and reading, my brain always has (and probably always will) reads by comprehension. I've literally had my editor ask about a mistake and I had to read the sentence six times before my brain stops automatically just reading what SHOULD be there and sees what I actually wrote. It's like that meme where it's like "do yuo fnid tihs smilpe to raed? bceuase of the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, msot plepoe do." But half the time when I see them it takes me a minute to realize what the meme is doing. I was reading the Wheel of Time and similar books in fourth grade, no problem, but because I guess I skipped over the part where learning spelling and homonyms and such, they are really hard for me. I am trying my hardest, and I know my editor is too. But lets be honest, even books like Harry Potter and such hit the shelves sometimes with spelling mistakes and such. I've been shown them. So I'm trying to just be as positive as possible and with the help of my editor, we're making this the best we can for you guys!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Amazing story as usual. Definitely worth the wait.

You are becoming one of y favourite authors here!

1Sam20231Sam20238 months ago

Wishing for more chapters faster! But I know you have a life outside of this story. Loving this... Thank you

lackofsleeplackofsleep8 months ago

I just had to say this is a fantastic story. I ambloking forward to all future chapters

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U8 months ago

Love this story. Perfect ratio of story and sex scenes, especially for a harem style story. I don't enjoy the longer stories as much if it's more sex than story. Five stars, keep them coming.

rockingtilidroprockingtilidrop8 months ago

Brilliant, well done . This is my first fantasy realm story on lit. As a lotr fan this makes my day

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Engrossing fantasy world. Thanks!

nerdman009nerdman0098 months ago

It's getting really good with the planning, training, and romance bits I need more! Very addictive story!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It makes no sense that a U.S. military warrior would not realize that the standard issue M4 rifle has very light recoil and would be perfect for the elves to carry and use. It's essentially a .22 caliber high velocity cartridge and has plenty of lethality against a full size man. Given that the elves are smaller and lighter the 5.56mm NATO round would be deadly out to at least 500 yards. If the elves can make a .50 caliber sniper rifle the M4 should be easy. So your focus on recoil is kind of silly. For a handgun the elves could use standard .22 caliber long rifle rim fire ammo, that has almost No recoil, and is still plenty deadly on a animal the size if an elf.

\

And why hasn't our military man helped the elves develop armor piercing ammo, hand grenades, claymore mines, and anti-tank weapons for the large beasts and dragons. Its odd what this professional soldier appears to have forgotten or failed to investigate in terms of possible weapons. There's a reason no modern army carries swords into battle.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin7 months agoAuthor

Just out of curiosity, how long do you think has passed here? I mostly have complaints that I'm moving too fast, but you have issues that he isn't taking a competent allied force, completely re-arming them with weapons they've never ever heard of and completely retraining them and turning their warfare on its head... in less than two weeks?

Let alone the fact that he's a sniper with no demolition training. He could confidently go to the smiths with the exact specs for his rifle, but while he has a basic understanding of explosives, he can't give them the level of explanation he could on his rifle.

So instead he's trying to do as a leader does and adapt to the team he's been given. He could either try and industrialize a forest nation for six months, casting aside hundreds of years of experience in the weapons they use (for weapons that regardless of how little recoil there is for you, he is unsure of the limitations of his new allies), or he could work on force multiplication by recruiting allies. I clearly think he'd chose the second.

Also, yes, no modern army carries swords into battle, but no modern army has regiments of mages either. The rules are different here. Plus, our military man is still figuring out what resources the elves even have available.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just one request please upload faster

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin7 months agoAuthor

I'm going as fast as I can.

farmertp78farmertp787 months ago

Great chapter, I feel that the whole "fish out of water "aspect is good. The speed of the timeline is well magic! That is the point that makes it a good story. I feel it has almost western vibe. Elvish bones make the idea of constant firearm use problematic. keep going and have fun with it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

love it. keep writing. thanks

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Bro this might be some of the best writing I’ve found on this website you’re extremely talented don’t let anyone tell you otherwise you got me hooked will be keeping up with this story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I just found this story and read it all in 2 days. Wonderful job. The protagonist is powerful but not OP. The elves are well thought out, and give a great contrast to humans. Keep it up, you've got a great thing here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love this story which I found almost by accident. Just a suggestion, you may want to categorize one of your chapter as SciFi Fantasy. I don't normally look for stories in the Novellas category, so you may expand your viewership to include the lazy guys like me who usually stick to one category.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Damn it. I didn't realize how recent and new this story is. I want more. I want to know what happens and this story is fantastic. You should definitely work with your editor and get this posted as a full novel on kindle once it's finished. There are worse stories out there and this one is fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A few corrections to an excellent story. The original then the corrected with the corrected part(s) CAPITALIZED.

Tavorwen and Creadean strode at side, proud matrons of the new hero of the wood elves.

Tavorwen and Creadean strode BESIDE, proud matrons of the new hero of the wood elves.

or

Tavorwen and Creadean strode at MY side, proud matrons of the new hero of the wood elves.

Diamiutar motioned to Narusil, and there two quickly brought my degree of clothing in line with all of my naked beauties in the room.

Diamiutar motioned to Narusil, and THEY two quickly brought my degree of clothing in line with all of my naked beauties in the room.

"Secular magic is founded on the idea that by utilizing formulas and repeatability. Anyone providing the appropriate inputs can obtain the same output."

"Secular magic is founded on the idea that by utilizing formulas and repeatability anyone providing the appropriate inputs can obtain the same output."

Tarq'Vreegan lay broken on the ground, her beast had been the first to fall and she was pretty sure her spin as well as both of her legs and one of her arms were broken.

Tarq'Vreegan lay broken on the ground, her beast had been the first to fall and she was pretty sure her SPINE as well as both of her legs and one of her arms were broken.

I kissed her one more time, the rose and Tavorwen handed me my garments to dress.

I kissed her one more time, THEN rose and Tavorwen handed me my garments to dress.

Walking in, I noticed two more runes that had recently seen some love from Lymarith, the stranger the wards were, the better I'd feel about leaving my matrons unguarded.

Walking in, I noticed two more runes that had recently seen some love from Lymarith, the STRONGER the wards were, the better I'd feel about leaving my matrons unguarded.

Kathra was pleased by its presence. In exchange for her body head during the night, the great snake would stand vigil over her.

Kathra was pleased by its presence. In exchange for her body HEAT during the night, the great snake would stand vigil over her.

I could tell Creadean had objectIONs.

"Your strength wanes," the other Wood Elf Goddess spoke. She was glad in dark leathers and white furs, oddly her feet were bare and her fingernails and toenails were well maintained but seemed almost sharp in their shortness, like claws.

"Your strength wanes," the other Wood Elf Goddess spoke. She was CLAD in dark leathers and white furs, oddly her feet were bare and her fingernails and toenails were well maintained but seemed almost sharp in their shortness, like claws.

It seemed a little change but it reminded me a little more of home and brought a smile to my face.

It seemed a little STRANGE but it reminded me a little more of home and brought a smile to my face.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If things went strange, a smaller group would mean less people at risk.

============

It seems American writers often have trouble with the difference between less and fewer.

If the object of the phrase can be counted, “fewer” is used.

If the object of the phrase is a bulk amount which cannot be counted then “ less” can be used.

Thus; If things went strange, a smaller group would mean fewer people at risk.

- 2c

ThunderloverThunderlover4 months ago

This story has kept me very entertained so far, I hope you keep writing!

I have been reading sci-fi for a long time and you are very good.

ClearmuseClearmuse2 months ago

Website had problems for a few hours. I was mad because I couldn't keep reading!

Enjoying the story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNaughtyPaladin@NaughtyPaladin
A happily married husband who uses RP, writing and creativity to explore his fetishes and fantasies. Just starting to post these, not a professional writer. Be gentle in the comments. Constructive criticism and advice welcome, but no promise I will take it. I am a bit ADHD, ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories