A Hero's Rebirth Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once more, as the Elder chanted the single drop of blood turned golden and began to shine.

"Hold forth your sigil, and receive your new matron." The elder instructed once the incantation was done.

I reached out my left hand, my right holding Laliera's hand in mine. Looking at her, she was perhaps only an inch shorter than me. She met my gaze happily as the orb touched my hand and I felt the painless searing heat weave its way into my sigil, down my arm, to my heart, and spreading through my body.

"You are now bound. May the gods... bless..." She trailed off.

Two of the alcoves were filled with light. One second to the right of X'Thallion's central alcove, and the other second to the left. From the light stepped two radiant goddesses. One wore a cloak of grass and leaves, two flowers covered where it seemed as if antlers were locked in braided patterns on her head. A curved blade was belted at her waist, and a flowering shield was in her hand. The other wore woven armor, a wide-headed spear with a flared grip like a lance sat in her hand. Beautiful was an insult to these divine beings.

"Greetings hero." The first Goddess greeted me.

The elder prostrated herself, and glancing back, my household, the members of Hratha Nourna, and even the elves I could see down the hall outside the temple prostrated. My household went down on one knee, with all the Wild Elves on their knees with their heads lowered. Laliera dropped to one knee, her hand staying in mine.

"We bless this union to this our precious daughter." She continued. "You have served our Master well, and now you have served our children well in turn. You have brought our children together, and you have thwarted the forces that would lead to their demise."

"Let it not be said that the Exalted Host lets its debts go unpaid." The second goddess replied. "As X'Thallion has granted you a boon of strength, I bestow upon you a boon of endurance. Will you accept it?"

I swallowed, and took a breath, realizing I had been holding my breath for who knows how long.

Accepting X'Thallion's boon had seemed to do well for me, I saw no reason to refuse these two.

"I accept."

The lance-wielding goddess held up her open hand, and a green light filled her hand. She blew on the light, like blowing a kiss at me, and the light streamed to me. When it touched me, humming energy flowed through me as the energy filled every nook and cranny.

"My boon is a gift of magic." The first Goddess declared. "The elements shall answer thy will and answer thy call. Do you accept my boon?"

I nodded. "I accept."

She held up her hands, her shield remaining in place despite her hand not holding it, as a red orb formed between her hands. She held out her hands to me and the orb floated to my chest, when it entered me, a flashing heat, followed by a cool rush filled me, counteracting each other. Then I felt every hair on my body stand for a second before it passed.

"Hero, continue thy path..." The first goddess declared, beginning to fade. "... our blessings go with you..."

And with that, the two goddesses were gone. For moments, there was silence, then chaos erupted outside the temple. The elder rose, shaking like a leaf in the wind.

"...By all that is holy." She breathed, then turned to me. "The direct blessing of Noriva... The Great Druid... Third Matron of the Father... And Elglathar... The Eternal Rider... Fourth Matron of the Father..."

"Both mothers and patrons of our people." Magnus breathed walking into the temple. He dropped to one knee. "Forgive this stubborn fool. I should never have doubted you."

"Stand up," I told him. "That's not... I'm not holy. I'm just here to help."

He rose and smiled. "I believe you are here to help... but no, after what we just saw you can no longer claim to be anything but holy. You bear the boons of three gods and their blessings."

I swallowed awkwardly, I didn't like that. I was just... me. I wasn't some holy being.

"Yulika," Magnus called to Laliera's Elder. "Come, we must send envoys to the forest. We have dragged our feet too long."

Yulika nodded and the two hurried from the room.

Laliera looked at me in awe. I could feel the reverence she felt for me. The same feeling rose from behind me.

"Master..." Laliera breathed.

"Come on, let's go," I told her and turned to lead my household out of the temple.

To be continued in Chapter 6...