A Holiday From Tragedy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Three beers in, and that plan was nearly blown.

"Lookee here, you'd wannae see this one coming," Brian exclaimed in his finest Glaswegian, his eyes nearly popping out of his head as he looked over Nick's shoulder.

Nick glanced behind him then quickly turned back. Approaching from behind was his mother, glistening with water from the pool, wearing just that classic black bikini which perfectly displayed every aspect of her body. She wore a pair of large sunglasses, her wet hair dripping over her shoulder.

"There you are Nicholas, I thought you were going to join me?" Anna placed one hand on her son's arm as she stood between the two men at the bar.

Nick didn't want to have to explain things now, not with Brian visibly drooling over his mother, "M-, Anna, I just thought I would chill out today, if you don't mind."

"Hmm," Anna pouted, clearly enjoying the attention of younger men. She reached between Nick and Brain to pick up an olive from a bowl on the bar, placed it between her teeth then sucked it into her mouth in a kissing motion. "Okay, have fun boys."

Anna turned and walked away, both Brian and Nick watching her swaying hips and her perfect ass that seemed to devour the bikini bottom.

"Och, I know she's your wife lad, but if you don't join her, I might!" Brian joked. Nick hid his embarrassment by playfully punching Brian in the arm. "Alright, alright, only messing," the Scot joked, "Fuck me though, you're a lucky boy!"

********************************

"There you are, are you drunk?" Anna was stood at the mirror fitting her earrings when Nick finally returned from the bar.

"I'm not drunk, we just had a few beers, a few games of pool, I'll be grand." Nick was not quite drunk, but he was feeling a bit of a buzz, certainly he was more relaxed.

"Well hurry up, we don't want to miss the dinner service." Anna scolded him.

"I'll be ready in a few minutes, no need to be so bossy!" Nick was half joking, half serious.

"I'm your mother I'll boss you whenever I want!" Anna reminded him.

With a mock sulk, Nick made his way to the bathroom, peeling off his sweaty t shirt on the way. Anna got a good look at his bare chest. He was strong but lean, had a defined 6 pack and a light matt of dark chest hair.

In his hurry, and with the haze of alcohol, Nick hadn't fully closed the door of the bathroom when he went to shower. Curiosity got the better of Anna. She walked around the room until she had a clear view through the gap in the door.

Through the steam, the glass, and the condensation, Anna could make out the shape of Nick's buttocks and thighs. She could feel her breath catching, but lingered, hoping he would turn just enough so she could confirm her suspicions. Finally, he moved, and his cock came into view. Soft, and drooping down, it was thicker than she expected and just as long as she imagined. What would it be like erect, she pondered?

Suddenly the water turned off. Flustered, Anna scrambled around the room to make it clear that she was not spying. It mattered little, for Nick was clueless. Of course, Nick had forgotten to take a change of clothes into the bathroom, so Anna got to watch him root through his bag in his towel.

As Nick pulled out clothes, he took sideways glances at Anna. This evening's outfit was perhaps not as revealing as the previous evening, but sexy, nonetheless. Anna wore a strapless navy-blue satin dress. Once again it complimented her gravity defying breasts and the skirt flared out from the waist, ending at the knee. Anna had her hair tied up, she looked like she was ready for a ball.

At ground level, Nick could not help but look at her feet, adorned as they were in delicate strappy heels. She looked radiant, with her normally pale sallow skin beginning to sport an attractive tan.

*****************

Once again, they were seated among the couples at the front of the balcony with the romantic view. Every table was filled, with everyone looking so glamorous. Given Brian's earlier reaction Nick was less concerned about fitting in. It was clear that the age gap with his mother was not obvious, and people were happy to assume they were a married couple. Without the anxiety of being seen as something of an oddity, it was a much more enjoyable evening than the night before.

"So will you be joining me for a swim tomorrow?" Anna asked with a slight smirk and glint in her eye.

"Wow, you really want to get me into a pair of speedos, don't you?" jeered Nick. He noticed his mother blush, perhaps there was a grain of truth in that statement. "Brian invited me for a round of golf tomorrow, so you are on your own again I'm afraid."

"Brian? It's good to see you are making friends. Maybe soon you can start dating again."

Nick suddenly felt deflated. "Mom, honestly, I don't think I'll marry again, I..."

Anna cut him off. "I never said marry. That doesn't mean you have to live like a hermit. Don't you miss taking a beautiful girl out for the night, or having someone beside you in bed?"

Nick chuckled, "as far as I can see I am taking a beautiful girl for the night, and you know, I think we might end up in bed together."

Anna played along, "oh I should be so lucky."

Nick pushed, "Yeah?"

"Oh yeah," added Anna, "Why do you think I want you at the pool with me, I wanted to make all the other women jealous of my hunky toyboy!"

"Jealous? If you want to know jealous, you should have seen Brian's reaction when he saw you, he thinks we are married by the way." Nick informed her.

"Why would you tell him that?" asked Anna.

"I didn't," explained Nick. "He came to that conclusion by himself. It seemed like too much hassle to explain it to him."

"I would have thought it was obvious that I'm too old for you," said Anna, fishing for compliments.

"Mom I'm certain everyone here thinks we are married, with that body you'd easily pass for thirty," Nick said quite candidly.

Anna leaned forward, with one elbow planted on the table top she pushed her bare shoulder in Nick's direction seductively, while also giving him a clear view down the top of her dress. "Oh, you noticed my body," she purred.

Nick looked at his mother. Her face was neatly proportioned, symmetric, with eyes slightly deep set. Growing up his friends often compared her to Sandra Bullock, a compliment no doubt, though Anna would probably point out that she was younger than the actress. She was teasing.

"Oh, stop it would you!" Nick flung his napkin at Anna who burst out laughing.

As the meal neared its end it became clear that they would get to witness the sunset from the balcony that night. Most diners had cleared their plates at this stage and were enjoying a digestif. A cool sea breeze rolled in from the Mediterranean and waiter was handing out blankets to the ladies. The common move was for the man to move to her side of the table and join her. This had the added benefit of giving a degree if privacy to the couples. They were free to behave as they wished under covers.

The sun was beginning to disappear behind the alpine foothills, flooding the restaurant with a glorious warm orange glow. The sea was close enough for the sound of waves to be heard above the clinking of glasses. All around them, couples were losing their inhibitions; snuggling, kissing, and who knows what beneath the blankets. Anna accepted a blanket from the waiter. She pulled her chair closer to Nick. She offered him space under the blanket, "Are you cold? That breeze is chilly".

Nick shook his head. Instead of grabbing the blanket, he placed one arm around his mother's bare shoulders to keep her warm. They sat there like that for several minutes, sipping wine, Anna moving gradually closer to share body warmth. Both of them had their eyes drawn to the couple at the next table. What started as a kiss had become a full make out session. The lady caught Anna's eye, causing Ana to turn away in shame. She turned her head finding Nick's face close to hers. They paused for a moment, both smiled and then looked away.

"I think I will call it a night," Anna was the first to start to get up.

"Yes, I think so, I want to be up early for the golf tomorrow," smiled Nick.

*************************************************

"Are you sure you are okay with this?" asked Nick, back in the room where the duo had to plan their new sleeping arrangement.

"Yes, it's fine," answered Anna. "I will use the bathroom first, you just turn off the light before you get into bed."

Nick waited patiently for his turn in the bathroom. Eventually his mother emerged, this time giving him a view of the silk chemise in the light. Anna had released her hairdo and her beautiful black locks draped over one shoulder.

Once again Nick found himself becoming aroused. He quickly made his way into the bathroom and tried to get his mind off his mother's body. He could ill afford to have such thoughts while sharing a bed with her.

When he emerged once again in his boxer briefs and t shirt, Anna was under the blankets, which were pulled right up to her chin. Nick switched off the light and made his way to the other side of the bed and climbed in. How strange and yet familiar it felt to be sharing a bed with someone once more. Thoughts raced through his mind, but tiredness finally caught up with him and he drifted off to sleep.

That night Nick dreamed. He dreamed that life itself was the dream. That everything that happened in the last few months was not real. That he was home again, with Maria. That she was there with him, that everything was right with the world. And then something happened. While lying in his arms Maria disappeared, faded away into the air. Nick tried to call her back. "Maria, Maria" it was no use. She was gone, and he awoke.

"Nicholas are you okay, Nicholas?" Anna turned to her son in concern.

It took Nick a few seconds to realise what was happening. It was just a dream, he was on holidays in France, and the woman in his arms was not his wife it was... his mother!

Nick had been spooning Anna in his sleep, his arm around her shoulder, his crotch pressed to her rear, their bare legs touching, his hand pressing against the aide of her breast.

"Shit, sorry Mom, I..." Nick was in a daze.

"It's okay, it's okay," Anna reassured. "I guessed it was just a natural reaction to sharing the bed. Besides, it was nice to snuggle."

Nick rolled back to his own side, taking a second to think about what happened. He thought about how it felt being pressed up against Anna. Horniness began to overcome him again. Nick did his best to take the thought from his mind, and eventually he slept.

***************************

The next day Anna was again alone at the pool while Nick hit the golf course. She spent her time thinking of the night before. It had been some time for her too since she last shared a bed with someone. She adored that feeling of security, closeness and love that came over her while Nick snuggled into her from behind. So, what if he is her son, she wasn't a prude. She longed to have that feeling again.

Nick and Anna talked about going somewhere different for dinner that night, but Brian and Lorraine had invited them to join them in the hotel restaurant. Knowing that they thought the Maguires were a married couple, Anna initially wanted to decline, but Nick was keen not to insult his new friends and relented.

Anna enjoyed the meal more than she expected. Placed at a table of 4, away from the balcony and the intimate couples, they felt more at ease than on previous nights. Once again, she stunned onlookers with her outfit choice; an emerald green wraparound dress held up by two thin straps. The split in the wrap came all the way to the top of the thigh, it spoke of pure sex.

Brian and Lorraine were good company, clever and engaging people with a raucous sense of humour. They swapped stories about various misadventures, and Nick was shocked by much of what his mother said - it turned out she had quite the life in London. Anna for her part had to be careful not to slip up and let them find out that she was Nick's mother. They had gone too far for that, if it came out now Brain and Lorraine would surely think they were freaks.

Being in a group of four, the pace of drinking was increased. Nick noticed Anna getting a bit tipsy, and he knew he wasn't far behind her. And with her inhibitions lowered, Anna was having fun, making up stories about her dating history with Nick, trying to convince them by touching Nick's hand, arm or on one occasion his chest. Nick played along, grinning while touching his mother's bare arm or shoulders.

As sunset approached the ladies were handed blankets. "You don't think you are holding that all to yerself?" Brian said to Lorraine before pulling her up onto her knee. "See, it's good to share."

All four laughed at Brian's antics, before he turned to Anna. "Are you gonna leave that poor laddie out in the cold?" he jeered.

"I'm okay Brian, Anna, you can keep it to yourself," Nick suddenly sounded a bit sour. Brian would not relent.

"Come on ya tidy wee lass, warm up the poor boy," he teased.

Anna looked at her son, smiled, then pulled back her chair. Somewhat clumsily she climbed onto Nick's lap, almost falling over in the process. Nick put out an arm to straighten her up, grappling her by the waist. She looked down at Nick and placed a delicate kiss on his forehead. "Thank you, sweetie," is all she said.

Lorraine piped up, "The first kiss of the night and the sun's not even set!" she wasn't done, "and we don't know what's happening under that blanket... Aghh!"

Lorraine yelped then turned to playfully slap Brian, "you dirty wee bastard." In response, Brian could only laugh. "Come here and we show them what a real kiss is." Lorraine leaned into Brian and soon the pair were making out in front Anna and Nick.

The situation could have been awkward, but the Maguires were both in good spirits and a little drunk. Instead of feeling uneasy Anna was aroused as she watched Lorraine's blanket slip away and Brian's hand reach up her skirt. Anna squirmed with excitement, and in the process slid her backside up Nick's thigh backing right into him.

Nick was caught by surprise, and afraid that Anna might lose her balance he reached up under the blanket and grabbed her bare thigh. Anna released a little yelp when she felt his touch.

"See, pretty boy is at it too" Brian joked with Lorraine.

"Sorry I thought you were going to fall," pleaded Nick with Anna.

"Oh, a likely story," mocked Lorraine. Nick was getting a little tired of their interjections. "You'll just have to give her a wee kiss to make it up to her."

Nick laughed nervously, "eh we're not big on public displays of affection."

With forced incredulity Brain called Nick out on his apparent hypocrisy, "Don't give me that shite, sure you were feeling her up under a blanket in the middle of a restaurant just a minute ago.

Nick looked at his mother, she had that slightly drunken glint in her eye and a devilish smile. "Yes Nicholas, he's right, you were," she said.

Nick was stunned, what was his mother thinking? Brian added, "I knew it, ha! Now you know what to do."

Anna turned properly towards Nick placing one hand on his waist, the other on the side of his face. She recognised the look of trepidation in her son's face, together with another look - desire perhaps? looking directly at him she silently mouthed 'we have to' while signalling towards Brian and Lorraine with her eyes.

Slowly Anna lowered her face to Nick's, her lips pursed together, finally making gentle contact. Nick had his eyes closed, hoping it would not last. Many thoughts went through his head, like, he ever thought about what it would be like to kiss a family member, but he also was surprised that it felt as good as kissing any other woman. Even better perhaps, since Anna's lips were so full and soft. Instinct kicked in and Nick relaxed. Without thinking his lips parted and he slid out his tongue to meet her lips. Anna was receptive, parting her own lips and soon their tongues made contact.

That feeling jolted them back to reality, breaking the kiss and sitting upright.

"Woo! That was short but sweet," Lorraine commented, "you two must have crazy fun in bed."

'If only she knew,' Nick thought to himself.

********************

Anna and Nick held hands as they left the restaurant. Anna was a little worse for wear, and as they made their way down the hall, she leaned into Nick for support.

When they finally reached the room, Anna collapsed on the bed ready to fall asleep.

"Mom you can't sleep like that, you need to get undressed." Nick demanded.

"Oh, help me Nicky," asked Anna like a helpless schoolgirl.

First Nick removed her shoes. One at a time he slid off the killer blue heels, caressing her dainty feet in the process. Then Nick climbed onto the bed and got his mother to sit up. He unzipped the dress from behind and unclasped her bra. Anna started to peel off her clothes and Nick switched off the light to save her modesty.

"Turn that back on I cannot see what I am doing," demanded Anna. Nick switched on the light and quickly slipped off to the bathroom. When he came out of the bathroom Anna was already under the blankets, her clothes lying strewn on the floor. Nick turned off the light and climbed in the other side.

"Won't you give me a goodnight kiss?" Evidently Anna was not asleep.

"Goodnight Mom!" said Nick dismissively.

"Come on Nicky, just a peck, you were more than happy to down in the restaurant," begged Anna.

"You're drunk Mom, go to sleep!" Nick really didn't want to do something he might regret.

Anna leaned over to him. "Come on, right here, on the cheek," she ordered.

Nick sighed, "Oh alright." He leaned in to kiss Anna's cheek, but before he could she turned her head to him and planted a kiss right on his lips. Nick pulled away, but Anna laughed.

"Mom please, don't tempt me," said Nick, rolling back over to his own side.

"I'm just having fun sweetie, goodnight," replied Anna, whose last thoughts before falling asleep were 'did he say he was tempted?'

**********************************

'I see now why the Australians call them budgie smugglers,' thought Nick as he slipped shorts over the bulging speedos.

Nick made his way to the pool, finally delivering on a days old promise. He looked around for his mother.

"In here Nicholas!" Nick heard her call from behind him, Anna was in the Jacuzzi. "You can leave your clothes and towel on one of the empty sun loungers.

Anna watched as Nick claimed a lounger beside the Jacuzzi. From that position she looked up to see her son bare his muscular but lean chest, and she bit her lower lip as he dropped his shorts to reveal his straining swimwear.

Anna was alone in the Jacuzzi, so Nick took up a position at right angles to her.

"So glad you could finally make it," Anna said with a hint of sarcasm. "How does the outfit feel?"

"More comfortable than I expected," admitted Nick, "I am a bit self-conscious wearing something so revealing though."

"You'll get used to it," Anna reassured.

"So how is the head after last night? We had a lot to drink," enquired Nick.

"The head is okay," replied Anna, "I'm a bit embarrassed by what happened though".

"What? No," Nick shot back. "you said it yourself we had no choice or else our cover would be blown. Anyway, it was a nice kiss."

"Thanks darling it is such a relief to hear you say that I was afraid that you thought I was a weirdo," admitted Anna.

"It's not that weird to kiss your mom," reasoned Nick, "besides now that we are committed on pretending to be husband and wife we have to allow ourselves some liberties. How about we agree that kissing is okay, to keep up appearances."

"I'm happy with that," grinned a relieved Anna.