A Jock in the Machine Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Please don't say it...

'We've been going on like this all week...'

Please...

'And it's been amazing but I just have to tell you...'

This was it. Cassie clenched her eyes even tighter. She couldn't breathe. Her heart beat dropped.

Please don-

'I love you.'

Cassie's eyes flung open. The tears she'd clenched tight now rushed down her cheeks. Her heartbeat went from a near standstill to nearly bursting out of her chest. She'd curled up almost into a ball by the railing of the steps, her knees tight to her body. In front of her, filling her entire view, was Tim's face, mere inches away. His eyes had teared up as well. His lips quivered. But even with his pained expression, his face looked as if it were shining like the sun to Cassie. All the sadness, all the anxiety she'd just experienced evaporated. Like they had never been there. People who said at times like that one feels as if there are butterflies in your stomach were dead wrong. They had completely underestimated the vivid rush of emotions coursing through Cassie's body.

Tim stood still. He didn't move a single muscle. He didn't even breathe. He'd finally said it. Now all that was left was to wait for Cassie's response. Yet time seemed to have completely stopped. He noticed as she opened her eyes. They were covered in tears. Oh no, he'd made her cry again. She stared directly at him, not moving, not responding. Another second passed even if it felt like an hour. And then another. The tears running down her face slowed down, just as the ones in his eyes started becoming too heavy. Another second. He could barely see her from tears now. She hadn't responded yet. Maybe he'd ruined things again, like he always did. He wanted to hit himself for doing the wrong thing again. He tried and he tried and he just hurt her over and over. He never saw the smile for on her face, the tears had clouded his eyesight. But he did feel her breath for just a split second. It was getting closer.

Cassie lunged at Tim. She tackled him to the ground and lay on top of him. She brushed his tears away and he could finally see her. And her radiant smile.

'You idiot!' She said in-between pants. The tears were starting to flow again.

'You had me so worried!' She was definitely crying again. The tears fell down on Tim's face.

'You don't have to change for me!' Yet even with the tears, her smile never faded.

'I know you're nothing like my dad!' In fact, it only got wider, happier, even as she chided him.

'Please never make me feel like that again!' Those weren't sad tears.

'I thought you were going to break up with me!' She what? No! Had he sounded like that?

'And all before I could tell you how much I...'

Tim didn't let her finish her sentence. He swiftly wrapped his arms around the back of her neck and pulled her in closer. She didn't fight it at all. Their lips connected like they had many other times. Too many times to count. And yet it was unlike any time before. All the passion, the groping, the grinding, the playfulness, the games, every single thing that had made the other kisses memorable paled in comparison to this one. Their hands didn't move. Not even their tongues did. They didn't need to do anything to make the kiss special. It was already perfect. It was a sign. A bond. It was...

'I love you.' Cassie spoke as she ended the kiss. Her lips were still millimeters away from Tim's. She could have just let the kiss continue forever. But she wanted to tell him, just like he had told her. Even if he already knew, she wanted to say it. And she wanted him to hear it.

'Are you two lovebirds done?' Lara giggled. Amidst their expression of love the two had completely missed their moms coming out to the porch.

'Mom!' Cassie yelped as she tried sitting up.

'Relax, honey, it was touching really.' her mom quipped. 'I really hate to break things up here but it's getting really late and we should be heading home.'

Cassie and Tim looked at each other. As much as they wanted to just say no, their moms had had enough of a day.

'Can we just have five more minutes, mom?' Cassie asked as she finally got off Tim, standing up and helping him up as well.

'Sure, dear. I'll be in the car.' Lara smiled as she walked off towards the driveway.

'And I'll be finishing the dishes.' Jessica added, going back in the house. Cassie and Tim were alone again. No. Not alone. Together.

'So... I guess you gotta go.' Tim sighed. He didn't really know what to say. Even just standing by Cassie in complete silence felt right. But they had five minutes, they should at least be spending them talking.

'I guess I do.' Cassie looked back up at him. She was still holding his hand from helping him up.

'Hey, you said you weren't grounded anymore, right?'

'Yeah.' Cassie tilted her head up to look into Tim's eyes. Maybe it was the tears that had been clouding them until recently, but they looked like they were shining.

'So do you maybe want to go out tomorrow? Like a...' Tim gulped. Even though he'd just admitted his love for the girl in front of him and she'd admitted it back, he was still a bit worried. He was crossing into uncharted territories. 'Date?'

If Cassie's eyes weren't lit up enough already, they were now blazing. Normally, she'd try and keep her cool in situations like these. Maybe tease him a little. Screw normally.

'Of course! I'd love to!' she yelled softly as she wrapped her arms around Tim's chest, embracing him.

'How about around three o'clock? I have to go with mom in the morning but after that-' Tim felt a tender finger get brought up to his lips, shushing him.

'After that we're spending the rest of the day together.' Cassie smiled, finishing his sentence. It may not have been what he was originally going to say, but it was what both of them were thinking.

The car horn signalled that Lara was getting impatient.

'It's a date then.' Tim chuckled as he let go of her.

'Yup. And...' Cassie gestured for him to lower his head. He did so until she was comfortably right by his ear. 'I loved how you touched me in school.' She gave him a quick peck on the lips before walking off to her mom's car.

'I loved it too.' Tim said under his breath. He watched Cassie and Lara drive off before getting back inside the house. Tomorrow was going to be a great day.