All Comments on 'A Joke - Another Version'

by Sid0604

Sort by:
  • 318 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHEN THE TRUE LOVE DIES

trust belies their fate.. TK U MLJ LV NV

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
This is the same story Agena told. I don't see why you rewrote it.

I would appreciate hearing what you think the differences were in the two versions.

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Wimps Should Not Be Allowed To Write (or procreate)

UNBELIEVABLE! You're a wimp in real life, and you find it necessary to write about fictional wimps as well.

Isn't that just too special ! ! !

To this day you probably still don't understand that your slut wife cheated on you, for the same reason your protagonist doesn't realize why his slut wife cheated on him.

It's because you are a non-man, and you project that same lame assed spinelessness onto your lame assed stories.

At least you were able to take a lousy story and keep it lousy, while it lacks originality, I suppose that does take some sort of literary talent.

You should write a story about your slut wife cheating on a dickless wimp with a real man.

Now THAT might be worth five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sid0604, get out of there.

You poor bastard, hanging on to what has been but is no longer.

Get out of there. If you you had to stop their affair, it means nothing. Start fresh. Be free. I know what you're feeling. Yes, being on your own IS better. Who knows, there may be another someone out there who'll need you more. Stand and take back your life.

hansbwlhansbwlover 12 years ago
Same story,

This version was the same as the original, only told with different words. No change of sentiment or direction. Vaste of time and effort.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Nice to revisit Agena

Good rewrite. Ron came over as just a confused person instead of the evil one of the original version. Anne's insistence on payback has me wondering if the original intention was swinging and all three of them were in it against him. Was that idea in lie detector questions? The degree of disrespect exhibited by the wife was too much for me to take her back,but then I am not in love with her!

sleepingfoxsleepingfoxover 12 years ago

this not one of the comments that just shouts at you.......But if I was in your shoes and your characters I would not forgave any of them I have always listened to my demons.....But you are not me and if you are happy that what counts. You being happy fuck the rest

BillPorterBillPorterover 12 years ago
Waste of time!!!!!

It was a waste of time writing this story. The only difference in this story, from the original is that, Alice washed and made the bed up. WHOOPIE!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
More stupid of an ending than the original (which was stupid enough).

Well, author, you still made the jerk into a wimp. What was your intent? The original ending was sick and this one is even worse. NO self respecting person (male or female) would live with the hurt, disrespect, and humiliation heaped on him. So, just go away unless you are prepared to write a tale of an honest person.

shangoshangoover 12 years ago
Does the phrase "Polishing a turd"

mean anything at all to you?

Raptor5Raptor5over 12 years ago
Wrong is Wrong

No matter how you look at it they cheated. Maybe not sexually but in their minds. They went to far and committed a crime of unlawful restrain. In most states that a misdemeanor. But at least they would have a record. On my story on SOL, I had them arrested and out in jail. Cheating on a loved is not love or respect. Cheating will on Depression is a cop out. Cheating will being drugged is about the only way I'd for give unless she put herself in that position. Then no go, out the she goes.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
A Shaggy Handcuffed Dummy Story

You didnt ' rewrite' this story, it's more like you retyped the story.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Yes! (and a high five)

I re-read the orginal A Joke and part 2. They were good, but this version can be read and enjoyed without reading the originals. In fact, I would recommend NOT reading the originals. A Joke - Another Version stands alone and adds detail and emotion. Thanks for writing it.

TheCozTheCozover 12 years ago
Complicated story

Wow, you sure got some nasty critique. I applaud your attempt, anyone's attempt to write a "story" as opposed to sex fest without plot. However, I do have a couple of comments.

All of the related and Alice characters actually mimimilized how bad a thing was done. In all cases they wanted you to stop acting like a baby and get on with life. I think Roger and Flo were idiots. If I had been Jim and everyone was siding with the idiots, as in your story, I would have to think "collusion". Sounds to me as if everyone is bonkers in your story with no sound characters.

After you asked them to stop and then begged them to stop, and they didn't, you should have stuck with the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I liked it :)

good job

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Beyond Hurt

So called and supposed intelligent people and married happily so long? Now she cavorts at the beach, plays promiscuous games, torments her husband, he asks her to stop, she gets worse and then you forgot - One Thing - that special little mewing she makes when she orgasms, that involuntary impulse - he distinctly heard it, along with all the love making they were making through the pipeline!

Hurt/Sad - Yes, he needed to go on without her, he would always remember the basement ordeal, every time she orgasmed! They would eventually part anyway.

Wrong ending for so-called intelligent people. He'll always love her, love and cherish the memories but ALWAYS hurt and sad with the promiscuous memories and that special sound she makes!

Wrong Ending - AGAIN!!!

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
well, five-star, but.........

If nothing else, there is no explanation of just how Flo and Roger faked it so well. Or why they didn't start backpedaling far, far sooner.

In short, the premise at the end just doesn't "sell" to me. There is a reason lie detector tests are not admissable in court.

Could this plot happen in real life? Okay, it could. But the harsh reality is that Jim's original perceptions are more likely to be valid.

And regarding the postcript comment: Yes; trust, once broken, if very difficult to replace.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
all these stories MISS the big point...

why after all the warnings and outrage given by the husband would ANY wife THINK that tying up their husband while she pretends to go have sex in the next room ....

is FUNNY? .... and this story does NOT answer that. None of the alternative versions to this story EVER deal with the fundamental question.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A joke? Moot point.

Even if they didn't fuck, putting him through the "joke" is pretty much the opposite of love. Once again, we have a writer establish -- strongly -- every reason why the marriage should end, only to negate it with some trite and pointless plotting for a forced reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Almost the same as the original story

So what was the point of writting this one?

Why the large gap in between sentences?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
the joke

The thing I find myself focusing on in this story is the joke, it could have never been funny. People do stupid things in the moment thinking it will be funny only to fall flat, I do it all the time, but this was somthing that had been on-going.

From the way we are told Roder is attracted to Flo my reading is that Roger is in some form marking his territory (I take it as somthing not done with a conscious intent). The fact that Flo goes along with this, not just in the one prank is somthing that needs more exploration and resolution, for me at least.

Otherwise I enjoyed reading this as I did the original.

Thanks.

looking4itlooking4itover 12 years ago
Problems I have with the plot

I had the most trouble with everyone being so ready to believe that nothing actually went on, especially Alice. It bothered me the most as I read it that everyone felt he was overreacting. Just can't believe that everyone would feel the same way.

I have to agree with HarryinVA in the fact that no story has dealt with the reasoning behind the joke itself. Perhaps someone will look to working this out in the future. Fidelity is about commitment AND respect. The joke lacked respect as much as any physical affair could have ever had, perhaps even more because it was carried out with impunity and a definite purpose.

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
I understand . . . but i don't.

I feel for your recent pain--I've been there. But I still don't see the purpose of this submission. The original story moved me quite a bit at the time. I think I remembera version setting out some great questions on the LD test, but that may recollections from my own head of what I would've asked my wife. You didn't add any of thagtg. You didn't add any insight from the wife's perspective. You didn't add anything to the relationships set out in the original.

The only things you added were: a completely unnecessary hospital stay; and random thoughts about bitterness. The first was a distraction; the second wasn't fleshed out enough to be insightful or useful in any other way. All in all, the original told the story in better, more concise way.

I see you've posted another story today. I'll refrain from voting until I've read it. I hope it is better than this revision.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
ok rewrite

but for me, sorry to say, the notion, the will and of course the execution of the joke (time) would have been enough. I might not have destroyed my wrists but I would have started the divorce the next day. love would have died in the basement for sure. with an insensitive wife like that I would not live a day longer. A onetime affair would be less cruel or hurtful, shit happens but this was deliberately planned to be cruel. I could not live with somebody with such an attitude.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
What was new about this version?

It was just a litte slower in some places - boring to those who read the original before.

And by the way: the (non-wimp)-version Raptor5 wrote on the other site is even worse - it has no logic in it at all. Compared to that, I prefer the wimpy original!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

If he thinks Flo didn't fuck Roger he's a fool. Only 1/2 a star

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dude, you are a drama queen.....

Getting divorced from someone that disrespects you is liberating and an opportunity to live a more positive existence. There are half a billion Chinese women you have not yet met. You thrive on Guilt and what others think of you. Grow a pair and write something less boring. Yes, your story is you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
i disagree with this story on so many levels

it is RAAC with everyone blaming him for the breakup. What he should have done is pressed charges. Beyond that with counseling and full medical testing of his wife for a year he might consider taking her back. Better yet divorce her and then let her have the obligation to make him fall in love again. I can not see the fact she is broken up in remorse for her wrong doing and the fact it cut off her paycheck as a justification of getting back together. It might indicate that she needs mental help by professionals. To be suddenly separated after so many years from your bedmate would produce a need for companionship but in itself does not generate a reason to forgive at any cost. Finally her total disrespect for him should how little she really cares for him, to have even considered such a joke indicates people with severe mental problems. That Alice was so mad at a necking incident but so willing to forget and forgive this is unreasonable. All told both "jokesters" should be very happy he did not go home, get a gun and kill them both.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
GOOD

BUT JUST A REHASH TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE YOU ARE A BETTER MAN THAN I MAY BE. REVENGE FIRST SEE WHAT I MEAN

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Agree with SKHP

This is the same version, nothing new. Atleast wait 20 years when you want to do a remake...

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 12 years ago
Realistic pain

The love-hate; calm-rage episodes are typical of someone recovering from a traumatic event.

Mine, a result of my wife's infidelity, continued for over a decade. I still have rare flashes of anger/disgust.

oldcdawgoldcdawgover 12 years ago
What a fool

Next time she will kill him, and he will deserve it.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 12 years ago
Ehh!

I didn't re-read the original, but is sounded the same to me. I wondered what would have happened if when on the lie detector, she was asked if she ever cheated on her husband, she denied it and it came up a lie. Later if she cheated with Rodger, it was confirmed she had not cheated with him.

At least it would have added a twist. Also the story dragged as he vented his endless anguish as he watched everybody pay attention to him.

However all in all a well written story, just too many words and too little plot

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
waste of time

nothing really different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Why?

Why would you want to essentially re-type a story that sucked in the first place?

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
I agree with Harry

Someone who would do such a cruel thing to someone they "love" is really fucked up. She says she was seeing a psychologist to figure out why she did it but there is no followup on it.

I take the point the author makes at the end of the story. You can be hurt by someone and still remember that you loved them. You can also be lonely and miss them. But the way the story conveys that is troubling. First, he keeps referring to "his demons" when he gets upset. Excuse me, his anger is well justified. It is not a bad thing that when we are deliberately injured we learn to keep those who injure us at bay. It is a healthy self preservation instinct. The way the author presents it, it's like he is wrong to be upset. He is NOT!

Next, why, when someone does something bad and they end up suffering the consequences for it, does everyone feel sorry for them? When a thief robs a store and ends up in jail do you feel sorry for them? I sure don't. I feel sorry for the people they robbed. Alice, Mary, his two kids all are constantly selling Flo's despair. The over abundance of concern for the wife is grossly misplaced. Meanwhile, almost no one is standing up for him. He did nothing wrong and he has to prove himself over and over and over. It seems like the person that is upset gets the sympathy, even when THEY caused the problem in the first place.

Finally, the sale of the loneliness is way overdone. The cop with the sad tale is annoying. With a bitch who would do this he will be worse than lonely. He will be uncertain, humiliated, and abused. Should a woman stay with a man who beats her so she won't be lonely? Do you have to trade off your self respect to have company? I don't think so. Are there no other partners out there that wouldn't appreciate a faithful partner?

As to the author's wife vs. Flo, Flo did this to her husband deliberately to cause him distress. Most people that have affairs are not trying to hurt their partners. They try to keep everything secret. Having extramarital sex is bad enough. Doing it deliberately to hurt your spouse is worse. When you love someone and you find out they are willing to deliberately hurt you, as in this story, it changes your feelings for them as well. Author, I hope your wife's infidelity wasn't deliberately shoved in your face.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
An enjoyable story

Well written and edited and believable.

I thought that the way he went about finding a way to forgive his wife / best friend, was very though out, and made the storyline very good.

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I guess I don't see the point

You rewrote the original and added a few details that really didn't add much to the story. If you are just starting out and trying new things I can be a bit more lenient but for the most part it was the same story. Don't be afraid to write your own stuff.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Well done and well written

I very much enjoyed your story Sid0. What I particularly liked was the "surprise" ending. The easy and dramatic ending would have been for either Flo or Roger or both to have failed the lie detector test. The subsequent emotional turmoil would have been interesting reading. Personally, I thought that you would write the ending with all three in cahoots and that Alice was the real instigator looking for a threesome/foursome....and I was mentally groaning as I read your story thinking how commercial/predictable this story was going to be. I was pleasantly shocked at the reconciliation. My one bete noir was that Jim had too much angst and doubts...just a bit overdone. Nonetheless, a very good story, thank you Sido0.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 12 years ago
Not Love.

It seems that so many people here have a really fucked up idea of what love is. This kind of blatant, pointless cruelty brought out by the author can never be called love. And I can understand that you can love someone so much you would die for them. But that doesn't mean you continue to play the victim for them.

The relationship as described is far more dependency than love, and we all seem to have trouble with admitting that.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
Full of pain

You've written a story of pain caused on purpose and then never explored in a way to understand why Roger and Flo decided inflicting pain would be Ok. I cannot say I enjoyed it.

I do wonder why it was written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What was the point....no different than the original...

Why waste our time?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Idiotic, tasteless, pain for no reason

1. Does anyone exist who would go along with that "joke" after the reception to the necking incident?

2. Why on earth would he want to stay married to someone who was so callous as to pull such a "joke" in full knowledge of the pain it would cause?

This is ridiculous.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
ok bitch

show me you pussy and that fucking hole better be small and dry. but dont worry about it - you are dead to me anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Agena's tale is one of my favorites

The original composed by Agena is still one of my favorite stories. I have to agree with the anonymous poster when I say ... "what was different"? ... And since the difference was so little so to not be noticed by the readers. Then why write it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Interesting re-take but there are some serious plot/character issues....

that were not explained. Obviously, the slut wife had mental issues but no revenge on the master-mind of this pathetic tale? Incomplete and disappointing at best!

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Sorry but I didn't like it because it added nothing to the original Story.

I hoped after he was a wimpy cuckold in the original Story, which was ok, you made him something different in this rewrite, afterall thats the point of a rewrite isnt it?

But no he was a wimpy cuckold again, and it does not matter wether flo had sex or not.

All he did all Story long was to beg everybody around him to, please, pity him for what they did to him. Thats not what a man would have done. A man would have made up his mind and then follow through, either taking her back or getting revenge. But all this 'Fishing for Pity' was really ugly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
the problem was the "joke"

All the reconciliation-endings for this story make a big thing of the lie detector test showing that they didn't actually copulate. My problem is that I would find it easier to get past a one-time infidelity than I would the physical and mental cruelty of the "joke." I can see how a basically good person could get carried away by the moment and do something they would bitterly regret afterwards. But what Flo and Roger did was demented. It was deliberate, contemptuous, violent and out of control. I'm usually a fan of reconciliation-stories but reconciliation in this story just never rings true even in a fairy-tale universe. I think the husband should have pressed charges and kept on going. The most realistic thing was Flo going to a psychologist -- but it should have been court-ordered.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 12 years ago
Damn the detractors!!!

I, for one, think this story was very realistic in both process and result. There is no doubt that the "joke" was more cruel and demented than any act of adultery could ever be. Jim's big mistake, of course, was not knocking the holy hell out of Roger over the "necking" incident. It would have ended that friendship but it was pretty plain to see that there wasn't much real friendship anyway. Maybe Flo would have seen just how much hurt Roger's "jokes" were causing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Mostly agree that

there was not much variation from the original so hard to vote/grade it. The guys who get cucked by their inflatable dolls chimed in with their typical useless nonsense but overall the story was too close to the original.

al18al18about 12 years ago
What acrappy ending!

The husband should have pressed charges on Flo and her fucker or even better castrate the bastard.

Instead he behaved like a typical cuck.

Are there any man left in this fucked-up literary community?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
typical cuck

would have just read the story, stroked off, then posted a nasty comment. Make you think of anyone?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Like the story but ....

The wife felt she could do whatever she wanted in disrespecting her husband. And by crying to anyone and everyone and playing the whole poor me scam, everyone would take her side as the real victim here. And she never really told anyone the whole story. It was HE overreacted to a silly joke...bad man. It was the husband who had to defend himself and tell a bunch of angry people what really happened. More trouble for the husband here in the future. Crying and acting hysterical to everyone she knows, will get her out of any trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars...

... it had a strong ring of truth to it. The charactors were believable.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
When a man loves a woman...

"5". No further comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
you call emotional responses demons, can you imagine what demons his wife

and his friend had when they pulled at first childish tricks then mental and physical injury. Yes there were criminal acts committed. False imprisonment, and by their actions the physical injury. It went beyond fun when he asked the cuffs be removed and they werent. Sorry the guy in this story wasnt abusive he was a real honest to god wavering in the wind wimp. I would have had both the wife and friend arrested, civil law suits against both for mental and physical injury, and a divorce already in her hands when she got out on bail with a restraining order against both him and her. When you write WAAC stories such as this you have to use the PC balls rolling around to destroy the truth. He would not have been lonely he would have been free to find a woman that loved him, maybe even Alice when she was free of her immature and criminally insane husband. It reminds me of the OJ defense proclaim you are not guilty until people begin to believe it, they told everyone it was a joke, they didnt say it was forced imprisonment with mental and physical torture. No sane woman that loved her husband would have acted that way.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 IS IT A JOKE

when no one laughs. TK U MLJ LV NV

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 12 years ago
This is a great story, BUT...

...it never addresses 'the smile.' You know the one I'm talking about? Hubby is handcuffed, going ballistic, and literally BEGGING his wife not to go off with another man and she looks him right in the eye, smiles, and leaves. That's it right there. Game, set, and match, the marriage is over. Thanks for sharing your story with us Sid, but the absence of sex does not equal the absence of betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Stinks

Most of the stories in the LW catagory absolutely stink. This story is a classic example.

JaredWalker23JaredWalker23about 12 years ago
Flo's point of view

You should write the story from Flos point of view

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

He's more forgiving than I

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

marriage need 3 things love trust and respect . she didnt respect him we can see it. after what happens we can say he cant trust her and about love what can we say but 1 thing we can say without trust and respect there is no happy marriage

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
weak

very weak, when did they thave the time to plan out and practice their orchestrated false intercourse, the bed bumping the cries, the sounds

its your story but with a wife and friend like that your worst enemies are better friends

terrydavidterrydavidalmost 12 years ago
Author did a great job with this story. Although, the slut would have been torched...

and crucified - we respect the author's POV. Frankly, the slut wife's remorse was at best, superficial. Stupid & useless cunt!

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
The Flo point of view comment is good

That would be a fun read if done creatively -

I liked your modifications to the original - I also get your demons - I face a few of those myself -

Nice work -

Ntropy586Ntropy586over 11 years ago
NOT a sympathetic protagonist, is he?

For a well-written story, I really got nothing out of it. Sorry to say, but I just found myself left with the feeling that your protagonist pretty much deserved all the shit he found himself in...because "wishy-washy" isn't just a description for Charlie Brown, it seems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
First of all Alice was as much a victim as he but wasnt portrayed as such

For this joke to have occurred as it did it would have required a considerable amount of time with Flo and idiot together with their two spousesnot around. And joke or not, the total disrespect and lack of emotional involvement with her spouse Flo shows this marriage is of just two roommates living together, she neither loves nor respects him. Putting them back together is one of the worst RAAC stories I have read. A shame he and Alice dont get together and cut the two idiots loose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

... but had it been me there wouldn't be lie detector tests, dropped charges and reconciliation.

DWornockDWornockover 11 years ago
my wife of 23 years

I stopped reading at that point and rated the old folks story 1*.

scribe777scribe777over 11 years ago
Again???

I also found this story very similar to Agena's original. I liked the premise and the way it was told. The only thing that bothered me was the same as in the original. Were these lie detector tests the same ones that are rarely admissable in court because of their unreliability? I can seet that between the two of the tests there would be less room for lying, but that still doesn't change the basic faults of the tests.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
SUCKED

This story sucked big time! 0 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
She is still a disrespectful wife

I am sorry he shouldnt have taken her back no wife does that to her husband. He told her to stop for one, and begged her not to go and she did. Lie detector or not she cheated on him, made him the butt of their jokes, and disrespected him. I would have put the stipulation she could come back but not as my wife. Divorced and a slut yes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I agree totally disrespectful kick her to the curb

She isnt worth the trouble look at how much hell she put you through seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a weak fool

P A T H E T I C

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I can and have seen this happening before.

I have been cheated on before and not taken her back in 2 different relationships. It made me wonder if it was me and all the questions that come with it. The second relationship, I found out without her knowing. I ended up having a one night stand as payback. But I realized that that didnt fix what was broken between us. I told her I new about her cheating and my one nighter. She was more pissed at me for the one nighter than her cheating. She wasnt really sorry that she did it in my eyes. That happened when I was 22 years old and has never left me. It is one of those expirences that stay with you and form how you view every relationship after it. In my case I have never been able to have complete trust in anyone ever again, even my wife.

As far as your story goes, I probably would have inclufed questions like:

Have you ever had any form of sex with anyone since you were dating?

Have you ever had any emotional affairs that did or did not include sex?

Have you ever talked about you husband with anyone with disrespect like your jokes displayed?

I would then start breaking the yes answers down further until the whole thing was out. The who, when, where, why, and how questions. For me personally, I would have not taken her back evan after finding out that she didnt cheat. Counselling would definetly be the next step and even then that may not lead to a reconciliation. Having said all this I am glad that the story ended the way it did. Im happy that sometimes people can come back together after this sort of thing.

As to your post story note, I truely hope that you are happy in your relationship with your wife now or at least I hope its getting better for you. I tried that route the first time I was cheated on and was not able to find it. Good luck to you sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sick

Even if it was a joke,No caring woman would treat her husband like this,throw her ass out

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
He should have raised hell with the first joke, with the kissing etc.

That would have been the end of the friendship with Roger and I would have put Flo into the dirt (or made sure that she thought that was where she was going) on the first tasteless joke. He should have been the MAN then! As far as to the rest I may or may not have ever taken her back, all the time he had invested in the marriage was an influence and their kids, too. I realize that it is just a story and am actually glad that it turned out the way it did but I don't think I would have stood for it the second time and probably not the first. That was his biggest mistake, putting up with the first. I know I am repeating myself so I will shut up.

As to your own situation, writer, I hope that things work out for you in the way you want it to. Remember, time heals all wounds, it is difficult to go through. Good luck to you.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
First

I would have put a finger up her cunt to see if any cum. Then I would have had her and funny boy charged with kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Lie detectors are not foolproof.

With a little concentration they can be fooled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
An ending a little empty

Missing from the entire story was the excessive period of time that Roger and Flo were overtly flirting with each other and then became partners in crime in the next silly ass stunt. The pranks remind me of college days not married couples with the wrong spouses. The hero of the story was extremely dense when it came to all the many singles over the years of the "flirting spouses". No substantial reason is given for why Flo would enter into such an alliance just in order to make her husband jealous perhaps. The final prank was extremely illconcieved, dangerous and criminal (I would have pressed charges). The total disrespect shown by Flo for her husband was monumental and should not have been forgiven especially since she never explained why. One final point why was it the all pranks mentioned were sexaul especially since Flo supposedly lover her husband ?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Interesting

Still not sure how this differs much from the original two parts.

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
Good story

I always say you can't protect people from their own stupidity. There should have been a lot of hell raised after the "necking" joke, but I feel he was too wishy-washy about it. If you let people give you shit, they'll feed you more shit. His stupid wimpy reaction to the jokes let his wife think she could do anything she wanted to him. To a degree he set himself up. I can't help but think he still set himself up by not hitting them hard with the law for what they did. Let them do a little time then there will be time for "reconciliation". By the way, lie detectors are not fully reliable. To begin, they don't detect lies, just changes in stress levels. They can and have been fooled. That's why they are inadmissible in court.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
way to wishy washy as someone said

no way in hell of taking her back, she had so little actual love and respect for her husband. Criminal charges should have been brought up on both of the idiots. The neighbor needs to know he needs to move far away before he wrist heal and if his wife is so stupid to stay married to such and idiot she never needs to be spoken to again. What has to happen them killing him before he cuts his losses and gets free. The divorce would go very quickly with her in prison. If his son was so shallow to think dad just needs to get over it, he would be better off iin his life without having his son in it, just send him a Christmas card every year. I see no where in the story that any revenge is carried out on the two mentally challenged individuals.

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
Good job.

I thought about writing a follow up to this story; even outlined it, but I'm glad I read this instead. Some guy wrote a long payback story that included electric shocks and all. I thought that was crazy. I liked your story better. The wife, Flo, was despicable, but like she said; she never considered how her husband might behave while handcuffed even though she ceratinly should have known to stop when he started to plead with her while they went up the steps. Still, the husband did the upright thing.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
love, trust and respect

you may love a person so much that you dont want to be away from them, but what kind of a relationship it would be if it lacks trust and respect, this applies both to the hero in story and to you personally, all i can say is thanks for sharing the story and may god or whoever help you find the balance between love, self respect, and peace of mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Bah, a damn near retelling of a weak ending

This story has always facinated me ever since I first read the original. I've yet to read a satisfactory ending though... If I was any good at creative writing I would take it on myself.

I do think this whole tale could have been end-booked perfectly by pressing charges and having them both end up with some sort of lawful punishment (kidnapping and wreckless endangerment both would have stuck and would have included probation atleast). Then, when the final verdict is handed down to our co-conspirators the wronged dude could have exclaimed "It's only a joke!"

Flo demonstrated a kind of willful stupidity that would have required either a literal or metaphorical club to the head and 2 weeks away from her husband doesn't jive with the character as being enough.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Decent

Not a bad retelling of the original tale. But that's what it was. Nothing different was added. Still a decent read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
payback

he should have charge roger for unlawful detention and physical injury, roger would have lose his license and go to jail, that a joke back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story but

Roger should have served some jail time at least.

illjoyilljoyover 10 years ago
this was written In 2012

I thought it was common knowledge that polygraphs can be unreliable

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
ehhh

once again a woman gets away with marital attempted murder for a laugh and a thrill, and it almost destroyed him(ahh spousal beating miss them dont you)...yeah great story she is really sorry..how?

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 10 years ago
5 Stars

An excellent story well written. Although I'm afraid if it happened to me, the outcome would be vastly different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wimp story

Whether or not she fucked him is beside the point. She absolutely belittled him and if he was a man with any pride (which he did not) he would kick her to the curve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
not so sure

Even though it was a practical joke, I would have pressed charges to avoid doing him physical harm. As for her....my love would definitely have been diminished.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

Irondragon's sequel to the original was up on SOL the other day and should be hitting Lit very soon. As with all his tales, its fucking awesome :)

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Several Variations

I have read several variations of this story and what goes through my mind is how much different I would have reacted if I was handcuffed to a pipe while my wife fucked an asshole. I would have played it cool and let him unlock the cuffs then when he turn his back to me I would have attacked him and beaten him to a pulp. I would have grabbed the cheating slut and made it clear to her that she was going to tell the cops that he attacked me and had caused the wounds to my hands. I was acting in self defense. Then after things settled down, I would have my joke on her, "surprised you are served!" Practical jokes are not about humor they are about control. People who "play" them do so out of a need to control other people because they have nothing else going for them in life. They are always losers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
humiliation

Even just faking it the disrespect their was worse than hearing of a one night stand

For me this was not a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Moving on

I stayed 3 years and forgave the woman that cheated on me.

I couldn't quite get by the pain,it was mostly always there just a bit.

I could manage it but it wouldn't leave.

I finally figured out I would never be totally happy.

So I left finally and it was the best move I ever made.

I didn't drink because it took me 6 weeks just to quit laying around in a fetal postion crying and feeling lonely and bad.

The pain was enough that I was suicidal for a while but the reward makes it seem like nothing now

But now I trust but verify and have a woman that put me back together,that I love more every day.

If you have been unhappy for years you always will be.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
nice story

well not really, almost had some serious casualties. I have a bit of a hard time rationalizing so much damage to the wrists, at some point he had to realize they had to let him go, at which point he could exact his revenge. I understand the initial shock, and struggle, but not to the point as stated. the kids didn't seem to upset what their mother had done to him, I can imagine his daughter doing it to her husband as a joke, lets see what help daddy is to her then. I liked the clear emotional thoughts of the people involved, including the police.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
CRAP

so let me get this right. his "revenge" was to make them think he was going to leave flo and make roger think that the police might arrest him. just what in the end did roger have happen to him. nothing. oh his wife says he quit playing jokes. well he really taught them a lesson. what sad sack of shit.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous