A Life More Ordinary Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leah giggled. "Is that what you wanted to talk about?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She was intrigued that Kay had such... equipment, but somehow, she wasn't surprised.

"Yes and no." Kay responded. From the look on her face, she had more serious topics on her mind. Leah set her bag down just inside the cabin.

"Let's go for a walk."

*****

Once she started talking to Leah about the truth of things, Kay found it easier to keep talking. It took most of an hour to cover everything, and the pair walked deep into Cindersap Forest as they talked. Leah listened politely, asking questions occasionally, but Kay couldn't get a read on her.

They made it back around to the forest road as Kay described the events of the past week, including that Leah's 'dream' was completely real. Kay apologized for lying about her identity, her reasons for coming to Pelican Town, and for covering up the truth of Leah's fainting spell. Leah deserved to know the truth, and Kay understood if Leah was disinclined to forgive her for the deception.

Leah could tell that Kay was sincere in her apology and also incredibly nervous about the state of their relationship. Yes, it hurt that Kay didn't trust Leah with the truth of things upfront, but it was perfectly understandable given that truth. She had an idea on how to allay Kay's fears while also bringing them closer, and decided now was the time for it.

"Thank you for telling me all this," she started, "and for trusting me enough to tell it. Will you trust me enough to do something for me?"

"Of course," Kay said, sniffling a little. She was trying not to break down and beg Leah's forgiveness, she deserved a little more dignity than that.

"Let's go back to your place, first." She took Kay's hand in hers and they started up the road back to the farm. They remained silent all the way back, and Kay let Leah enter ahead of her.

"Would you mind sitting in the bed?" Leah asked. Kay complied, sitting with her back against the wall. "So, this is something my ex and I would do when we were stressed and needed to relax. We'd normally put some music on, too, but this is fine." She started to take her vest and shirt off, revealing a pretty green lace bra containing her chest (generous C cups from the look of them, Kay thought just before reason asserted itself).

"Uh..." Kay said, a little confused.

Leah smiled. "Since we're being honest with each other, I'm not interested in a super sexual or romantic relationship with you. I really enjoy our friendship, and I would like us to be close friends. I haven't had someone I could talk to about a lot of things, and I think we'd both like to be that person for each other, right?"

Kay started to tear up and nodded wordlessly. Leah nodded.

"Alright then!" Leah said. She reached behind her, unhooked the clasp on the bra, and let it fall to the floor. Her breasts sat high and firm, topped with cute pink nipples. "Take your top off."

Kay was thoroughly confused but complied, lifting her shirt and dispelling the nanoweave bra with a thought. Her nipples reacted to the cool air, firming up. Once her chest was bare, Leah climbed into the bed and laid her head in Kay's lap, facing up. Kay's right boob rested comically on Leah's face.

"Now, close your eyes and just relax." Leah guided the dark purple nipple in front of her to her mouth and started gently sucking on it. Kay leaned her head against the wall, closed her eyes, and started to let go of her anxiety.

They stayed like this for a while, Leah nursing at Kay's soft breast and holding Kay's hand. Kay eventually started stroking Leah's orange hair with her other hand. Leah was absolutely right; after a while, Kay felt completely relaxed and content. She was surprised she hadn't become aroused at what would otherwise be a very lewd act, but she supposed the "close your eyes and relax" part framed the exercise as one of comfort rather than arousal.

Leah was also surprised at how much she had grown to care for Kay in such a short time. She had been worried that getting her lips on Kay's epic bosom might turn sexual before long, but Leah's genuine love for Kay prevented any such awkward feelings. She smirked inwardly; it almost always did when she did this with Kel. Granted, Kel's much smaller breasts usually required a bit more maneuvering, which led to more immediate contact, which led to more amorous activity. This was comforting and relaxing in a way Leah wasn't expecting. Especially when Kay started singing.

"And you don't seem to understand

A shame you seemed an honest man

And all the fears you hold so dear

Will turn to whisper in your ear

And you know what they say might hurt you

And you know that it means so much

And you don't even feel a thing

I am falling

I am fading

I have lost it all"

It started quietly, almost as though Kay were singing Leah to sleep. Her voice was beautiful, clear and ethereal, and Leah felt the power of her emotions in the words and tone. In that moment, Kay opened her heart and soul to Leah, revealing a proud but damaged, lonely woman. Leah didn't alter the intensity of her sucking, but reached around to wrap her arm around Kay, increasing the skin-to-skin contact between them.

Kay didn't know why she started to sing, but it felt good. It was a song that stuck with her through the years, the theme from an anime she and Zoria watched together during a romantic weekend away from the Imperial capitol. She remembered snuggling under thick blankets in the dark and watching the trippy series, the two of them discussing the philosophical quandaries presented long after they'd finished it. This was the first time she'd felt that level of closeness with anyone in a very long time, and she couldn't help but smile as she finished the song.

Kay and Leah locked eyes when she finished singing, and Kay immediately started laughing: the bottom two-thirds of Leah's face was obscured by Kay's giant boob, and it looked ridiculous. Leah released Kay's nipple to join in, and the two women held on to each other as they devolved into hysterical cackling. They hugged as the laughing subsided, and Kay kissed Leah lightly on the nose.

"Thank you, that was perfect," she said. Leah nodded.

"Thank you, you have a beautiful singing voice," the redhead replied.

"Well," Kay said, "I guess this means we're sisters now." Leah giggled.

"Oh, man, I've always wanted a huge tiddy elf sister!" She stopped to think for a moment. "Wait, that doesn't mean you want to sleep with me, does it?"

Kay laughed. "Nah, that's specific to the one sister, mostly. Besides, I like the idea of having a normal sisterly relationship for once."

"Kay, I would be honored to be your platonic little sister." Leah said.

"Thank you," Kay replied, and they hugged again.

"HEY, GIVE ME BACK MY CALIPERS, YOU BLACK BUZZARD!" came a shout from outside. Kay and Leah looked at each other before scrambling out of the bed to put their tops back on. Kay finished first and opened the door to look outside.

Melvyn was currently chasing Apollo the raven around the crops. The large bird had a set of finely-wrought calipers in its beak and was doing its level best to keep them away from the aggrieved wizard. Zeus remained on his scarecrow perch, glancing at Kay and Leah and dropping his head in exasperation.

"Come on!" Melvyn cried, "it took me months to calibrate those properly! GET BACK HERE!"

Leah joined Kay at the door, and they both heard hysterical laughter somewhere off to their right. Robin was clearly enjoying the comical display, though possibly too much; there was a loud clang and a sudden shout of "WhoooOOOAH!"

Kay blitzed around the corner of the house, and time seemed to slow as she evaluated the scene. Robin had lost her balance at the top of the ladder and was currently falling towards the ground. Kay had calculated the appropriate angle and force and leapt, arms outstretched to catch the falling carpenter. Her timing was perfect, and Robin slid comfortably into Kay's arms as Kay landed, sliding to a stop by Luna's water bowl.

As the dust began to settle, Robin found herself cradled in powerful arms. She looked up to see Kay's face, looking at her in concern.

"Are you alright?" she asked. Without thinking, Robin pulled Kay's face down for an energetic kiss. It lasted a few seconds, and Robin pulled back looking mortified.

"Yes! I'm okay! Wow, sorry, I don't know why I did that," she stared babbling. Kay shushed her.

"It's okay, you needed the stress valve." Kay stood up and carefully placed Robin on her feet. The carpenter brushed herself off and collected the tools she dropped in the fall.

"Well, I needed to come down anyway," she said, trying desperately to play casual, "take a look! Not a bad job if I say so myself!"

The silo was finished, capped with a gleaming copper roof. It was a fine building, and Kay marveled at the craftsmanship.

"I thought you'd be working through the night!" Kay said.

"Me, too, but something about this project really got me motoring! Thanks for having me out, we absolutely need to do this again!" She started collecting the rest of her gear as Kay shot Melvyn a questioning look. The wizard shrugged.

"You need anything else?" Kay asked as Robin zipped up her toolbag.

"I should be good! Um," she said, getting close to Kay, "thank you for saving my life."

Kay tried to play it off. "I'm sure you would have been fine."

"No, seriously, you really saved my bacon." She wrapped her arms around Kay and planted a deep, passionate kiss, her tongue teasing Kay's lips a little before parting from her. "Let me know how I can make it up to you sometime." With that, she grabbed her tools and ladder and headed up the mountain road to home.

Leah and Melvyn walked over to Kay and watched Robin leave. Kay was utterly confused.

"It was a good save," Leah remarked, "I probably would have reacted the exact same way."

"Well, yeah, it was that or let her drop-" Leah cut Kay's explanation off.

"I mean if I was in Robin's place."

Melvyn whistled. "You aren't actively trying to bed everyone in town, right?"

Kay gave Melvyn the side-eye. "It was stress relief! That happens in tense situations like that! I doubt she's going straight home to ask Demetrius for a hall pass."

"Ah." Melvyn replied, before blinking and turning to Kay. "Hall pass?"

"Don't you have some tests to run?" Kay asked.

"I sure do. You pulling those parsnips tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'll wait for you."

"Thanks. I think we'll be glad of the bench test."

As Melvyn turned to leave, Apollo appeared with the stolen calipers, gingerly placing them in front of the wizard and bowing its head in humility. Melvyn sighed, bent over to pick up the tool, then begrudgingly stroked the raven's plumage. Apollo chirped happily before hopping off.

"Aww! You made a friend!" Leah said.

"Yeah, yeah." Melvyn grumbled as he headed south. Leah turned to Kay.

"Dinner?" she asked. Kay nodded.

"Can we bring it back here?" Kay asked. "I want to go through the rest of the mail."

*****

Demetrius was wondering about what to make for dinner when Robin entered the kitchen, spun the tall black man around, and pulled him in to a passionate kiss. He was surprised but grateful, and wrapped his arms around his wife to lift her up into a bear hug.

"Well!" he said as they parted, "Someone had a good day!"

"You don't know the half of it!" Robin said, before lowering her voice. "I am going to ravage you after dinner, just so you know."

Demetrius smiled broadly. "Of course, my body is at your disposal, madam. But, ah, if you don't mind, may I ask what's gotten into you?"

Robin smiled. "You may, and I'll tell you all about it later, I promise, but right now, I want to ask about turning in one of my hall passes."

Demetrius felt his jaw drop before giving Robin an intrigued look, eyebrow raised. "Fascinating..."

*****

Kay and Leah walked into the Stardrop Saloon and approached the bar. It was fairly quiet; Mondays were usually the slow night of the week. Gus and Emily were chatting over menus behind the bar, and regulars Pam and Shane were in their usual places, Pam at the end of the bar and Shane by the fireplace. Over in the corner, however, Maru and Haley were having a quiet dinner and the time of their lives. Kay smiled, she was excited to see the couple enjoying themselves in public.

"You should go say hi," Leah said, smirking.

"Absolutely not," Kay replied, "this is their first actual date. Besides, I've already injected myself into their relationship enough for now, let them enjoy each other's company alone." Kay saw the girls clink glasses, Haley drinking what looked like a cosmopolitan and Maru drinking a bright green beverage out of a highball glass. Kay's eyes locked on Maru's drink, she knew that particular shade of nuclear green.

Gus eventually noticed the pair at the bar and walked over. "Ladies! What can I get you?"

"Could we get some cheeseburgers to go?" Leah asked. Gus nodded.

"Sure thing, coming right up!" He turned to the griddle and set about prepping the burgers.

"Hey Gus," Kay asked casually, "Maru isn't drinking what I think she's drinking, right?"

Gus laughed. "Goddess, no. It's a knock-off from a little soda shop up in Grampleton, Pierre recommended them and they sent me a sample case. They make their own syrups in-house, and they have a black cherry wishniak that will knock your socks off."

Kay was intrigued. If it tasted anything like the real Alpine Rush, she'd be in serious trouble. "You thinking of ordering more?"

Gus shook his head sadly. "I'd love to, but the way things with the bar are right now..." He caught himself before continuing. "I'm not really in a place to switch soda vendors, it's a huge hassle."

Kay made a mental note to inquire further later.

"Why so interested?" Leah asked.

"I thought it was from the Empire," Kay said, "and Gus doesn't strike me as the sort to import banned goods."

They chatted with Gus and Emily while they waited for their food. They gushed over Haley and Maru for a bit before Leah asked if Emily was working on any new dresses. The blue-haired waitress blushed as she mentioned a qi pao she was considering, and she and Leah got absorbed in a discussion of sewing technique. Before they knew it, Gus brought over the finished burgers, wrapped tightly in paper and foil for travel, and Kay and Leah settled up. They said their goodbyes, waved to Haley and Maru, and started back.

"Hey, guys!"

Kay and Leah saw Abby wave at them from across the square. She intercepted them as they headed for Red Dragon Road. She was wearing her usual vest and duster combo, but had switched out her usual blue tank top for a pink one and the pants for a color-matched skirt.

"That's cute!" Leah said, admiring the outfit.

"Thanks, Mom helped me pick it out, I'm really digging it!" she said, twisting her hips to twirl the skirt. "Headed back to the farm?" she asked. Kay nodded.

"Going to read some mail." Kay replied. "From home."

Abby's eyes widened for a moment before she looked pointedly at Leah.

"She knows," Kay confirmed.

"You should come, too!" Leah said. "I feel like Kay's going to need more than one shoulder for this." Kay appreciated that, she likely would have asked Abby to come along if Leah hadn't.

"That rough?" Abby asked, concern in her voice. Kay looked away towards the road.

"We'll see."

*****

Kay laid the five envelopes out in front of her on the table. Each was sealed with the appropriate seal in the appropriate color of wax for each sister. All were addressed simply 'Kaylia'. Abby sat on the bed while Leah sat with Kay at the table to eat. They briefed each other on their current statuses with their favorite farmer, and Kay outlined the happenings on the farm for Abby. By the time dinner was consumed, everyone was fully caught up.

"Where do you start?" Abby asked.

Kay waved her head from side to side, considering. "Astria said to save Zoria's for last." She picked up the grey-sealed envelope and set it aside. "I feel like I should start with Astria's so I can find out what the hell they're doing over there, but that feels like it's going to be a lot to take right out of the gate."

"What about the orgy one?" Abby asked. "Ro... Rosaria?"

"The orgy one." Kay gave Abby a flat glare.

"You have a lot of sisters and keeping track of them is hard." Abby replied, sticking her tongue out.

"I kind of agree with her." Leah added.

Kay nodded. It wasn't a bad idea; Rosaria was first and foremost a diplomat, and Kay had the benefit of being her sister, so she wouldn't layer any propaganda bullshit into her letter.

"Alright, Rosaria first."

She picked up the letter and broke the stylized cobra seal.

*****

Dearest Kaylia,

Let me first say "Thank the Goddess you're safe!" We have been absolutely sick with worry since you gallivanted off to Ferngill without so much as a goodbye. I barely got any enjoyment out of Baron Howe and his twin boys making me airtight the evening you left, I was so concerned for your well-being. Of course, I started feeling much better when the boys sucked each other's cum out of me while their father tit-fucked the life out of me, but I refuse to apologize for it, I'm only "human". To that end, of COURSE, I forgive you for leaving this rotten hellscape. I wish you'd had the sense to know we would have supported you, but your need for secrecy kept in line with that "Sister knows best" attitude you occasionally bring to bear.

It has been quite the week since you left, I must say. I've been working non-stop guiding the Empire into the bright new future Astria is building for them, by which I mean making sure the nobility is too busy fucking to notice their powers are being stripped away. I'm surprised I've only had to deal summarily with one highly-placed noble, but I've never really liked Duke Thornsbury anyway. Dreadful man; I bet he wishes he'd respected safe words and practiced proper aftercare now. I suppose not, though, being dead tends to make personal introspection a little difficult.

About Hadrian; his reaction to your unannounced departure surprised me as much as it did our sisters. It's always the quiet ones, I suppose, but what else can one expect from the line of Ataraxus. I could see I would be needed to smooth things over, especially after that comment about sending your head to Vendria in a box. You can imagine how she felt about that, despite your past disagreements, and she most certainly would have brought the Hammer down had I not acted first. You can be sure that I gently informed his former majesty of his mistakes as I strangled the life out of him. We were all shocked when Astria thanked me afterward for saving her the cleaning bills. You know, it's the first time I think any of us has seen her smile? I'm so sorry you had to miss it, but I suppose we have you to thank for making this course change possible.

Oh! I wish to draw to your attention Lady Aribeth Vilgard, now Duchess of Thornsbury. I believe you are acquainted with her, given your torrid affair with her prior to your departure. I was so livid when I found out you had her first, but I am glad of it all the same, for she is a wonderful lover, likely due to your tender ministrations. I now understand your deep infatuation with ladies of larger proportions, I have never felt so loved and safe as I do when wrapped in her bounteous curves. I'm rather smitten with her, and I am happy to report that she agreed to stay with me in the capitol while she is brought up to speed on her new ducal responsibilities. She handles herself quite well in social situations already, and she has a far more cunning mind than her idiot now-deceased father ever realized. I may ask her to stay on for the entire social season.