A Long and Winding Road Ch. 01

Story Info
The road to love has never been straight.
885 words
4.16
2.9k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So this is something that's been swimming around in my head for a while. I have a good idea for the plot for the next several chapters, after that we'll see :) If what you're looking for is explicit smut, this is not the droid you're looking for.

Anyways, enjoy!

P.S. All the characters are 18 years old or more.

----

Chalk it up to her damned kissable lips. Chalk it up to her fragrance that followed he around like a light-scented lemon cloud. Chalk it up to just the warmth the radiated and the sadness in her eyes.

Whatever the case may be, I had an idea that would follow me for the rest of my life. But I had to do something. Leah'd just had her heart broken by yet another loser who'd just smiled at her the right way tin the right moment. Enough for her to decide 'that's the one'. Enough for it to hurt when inevitably he'd go looking for the next best blonde.

Lea was never the type to break down and cry though. She was the type to hurl every insult at his head while shooting some zombies. In spite of her anger I knew she was sad though. I hated every one of these unfaithful losers breaking Leah's heart time and time again but I had never understood to find The One when we weren't even done with high school quite yet. I had come to accept it as one of Leah's mysteries I had yet to unravel.

My great idea in this moment was to distract her. And what better idea to distract my best friend than to casually imply she was bad at kissing.

Her head whirled around and she paused the console.

"What did you just say?"

"You heard me" I said, with a cockier grin than I had every right to feel.

"Maybe Jared was just growing sick of your sloppy kisses".

"First, you know damn well fucker's name wasn't Jared" she said and narrowed her eyes. "And secondly, I'm gonna show you sloppy kisses".

She grabbed me by my shirt and just planted one on me. It could have lasted for hours, it probably only lased a few seconds, but it was like nothing else my young body had ever experienced.

It was rough and gentle at the same time, demanding and soft, our lips just seemed to melt into another. Honestly, it was life-changing.

She looked at me with a curious look in her eyes and bent down to my ear.

"How's that for sloppy" she asked, her warm hand on my stomach.

Instead of giving her an answer, I turned her on her back and for the longest time we were happy just lying there, our hands everywhere and anywhere. It was amazing how well our bodies fit, my taller, more slender freckled body and her curvier, stockier one.

Every bubble has to burst though.

Suddenly she was stopping and moving away from me, putting her hand through her dark hair.

"What are we doing here exactly" she asked, as if the state of our disheveled clothes wasn't enough indication.

"You tell me" I answered, an uneasy feeling slowly settling in the pit of my stomach.

"I'm sorry, I'm not like you. You know that."

I stared at her. I had yet to come out to her. Hell, I had yet to come out to myself. But somehow she had known and never told me she knew?

"The last 5 minutes beg to differ" I murmured. I had no idea how much time had passed, but I figured since no one had crashed into her room yelling, it had to have been in that ballpark.

She shook her head, her lips (the lips I had just kissed) in a thin line.

"I'm sorry, I just... Look, let's just keep playing, ok?" I knew what she really meant was 'let's just forget it' but couldn't say it. I took it as a sign.

"Sure, let's play".

I had always felt a deep comfort in her room, but suddenly the walls were closing in. The conversation had become stilted. It just hadn't been comfortable anymore. So I left under the pretense of homework. She only made a feeble attempt to insist I stay but I could see her heart wasn't in it. Is that what our friendship was gonna be from now on?

The next day I waited for her at her locker, as I had always done since we had become friends. I hadn't been able to close an eye all night wondering how I should deal with the Kiss. (And at least for me, it had been a capital K Kiss).

Should, in the classic lesbian move, take her to the nearest bathroom to process our feelings? Should I act like it was no big deal and just laugh it off? Should I even pretend there hadn't been a Kiss at all? None of these really appealed to me. Was I even a lesbian? Or bi?

I was drowning in anxiety when I felt her knuckle slightly touch mine. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I just nodded. She smiled and I was pleased I could still make her smile.

No need to worry. Everything's fine.

Right?