A Long Drop Down Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With this settled, Mark offered to wait whilst they finalised the formalities so that he could get back his card which he would need to get Samuel some clothes and toiletries. Kate offered to chip in for the items but Mark assured her he had it covered and should he need some he would definitely inform her. At the same time he asked the doctor to ensure that Samuel was operated on soonest as he was more than likely to bolt at the smallest chance since he had seemed to have lived away from people for quite a while. Moreover, if it were not much of a drag on the hospice's resources, perhaps it was in Samuel's best interests to be kept within the facility for the duration and under watch to ensure he would not disappear again.

Kate who had been mostly quiet in the background requested the doctor to allow her to monitor Samuel and also suggested that the local constabulary be alerted to Samuel's return as there was still possibly an open file on his disappearance. Perhaps the cops could pressure Samuel in staying put until they got the old matter resolved. There was also the matter of finding out how Samuel had had his leg broken and check if there were any other issues that could come back to bite any one of them in the near future. Kate remembered well what she had suffered in the past with constant questions from the cops and regularly being followed to and from work. Mark agreed and informed them that he would be travelling for a short period during the recovery phase and would possibly be out of touch hence it was in everyone's interest to have the cops involved.

With nothing more to add, Doctor Piya sought their leave and turned to attend to other matters and as she walked away, her sixth sense tingled making her aware that at least one pair of eyes watched her sexy, tight butt moving and perhaps the attention or a need for appreciation made her wiggle her butt a little more than normal and Mark found himself mesmerised by the movement of those delectable round buns whose symmetrical rise and fall seemed a little more pronounced than usual. He felt like a kid in a candy store with his hand in the jar and just couldn't tear his eyes away until there was a sudden pause in movement... His eyes travelled up the coat covered back to make contact with those mesmerising hazel brown eyes... a sparkle in them... A naughty wink and then she turned and walked away.

Piya just couldn't understand herself and the way she was behaving. True, her profession and dedication to treating the sick and old had kept her away from any meaningful relations and there was a frustration within festering, the realisation that time was passing her by. But never in her five year career had anyone effected her as this young man. Was it his honest face, his kindness, his generosity, his care for a person unknown... Was it the way he seemed lost and innocent in the ways of courtship ... She didn't know what it was but something kept pulling her mind back to the young man and she had to physically shake her head to clear her thoughts and focus on her work. She needed to arrange for a specialist to operate on Samuel and she intended to make sure he left the hospital well and hearty. First things first, she gave instructions for Samuel to be sponge bathed a time or three to get the smell off of him, have him shaved and groomed and kept under sedatives until he could be operated on.

Kate Greystone turned professional as she handled all the documentation and returned Mark's card back to him after having charged it for a healthy deposit that should cover Samuel's stay. She had also placed her name and details together with Mark's as guarantors for the payment in the event that the bill shoot higher than the deposit and Mark decided not to return. She had made up her mind that whatever happened, she was going to see Samuel back to health and get some closure on the events that happened in the past which had been hanging over her head like a black cloud for more than a decade. She also dug into her purse and retrieved her diary looking for the number of Samantha, Samuel's sister in the hope that the number that she seldom dialed was still active. Perhaps if she failed to get her, she could ask the cops to trace her and inform her that her brother was still alive. It was time to mend broken bridges and find the missing pieces that would solve this matter once and for all. Her diary also availed the number of the local constabulary and that was another call that would need to be made. As tired as she was, suddenly, she felt a huge weight lift of her shoulders as she realised she had never let go of the hope of someday seeing the man who had stolen her heart and around whom her whole world revolved.

Mark having retrieved his card made to leave Kate but a thought stopped him in his tracks. He turned round and with an embarrassing look cleared his throat trying to get Kate's attention. As she snapped out of her thoughts, she noticed Mark trying to ask her something and in her gentle tone honed with years of practice, she sought to know what was bothering the young man. "Am not sure what size clothes Samuel will need. Would you know?" Kate stifled a smile and gave the measurements to Mark that were engrained in her memory. The number of times she had to shop for a man who was stubborn when it came to clothing and least bothered about what he wore. Samuel's motto had been that people either loved him for who he was or he was better off without them. He did not agree that the clothes made the man rather it was the person inside that had to be appreciated.

Mark dialed Sarah's number hoping she would still hold on to their agreement and come back for him. Thoughts of his own problems started surfacing and he wondered what he was going to do now that the trip and it's dynamics were changed. So many loose ends, he had to sort out his own life, attend to Samuel towards whom he seemed to have developed some affinity, there was Sarah and her enigmatic life, Piya was like a siren calling him in an uncanny way and the nerd in him left him confused and unsure of what to do.

Her melodious "Hi! Didn't think you'd call" cut through his thoughts and the dark clouds vanished as a smile graced his face. He asked her if she could return and pick him and she said it'd take her at least half an hour. Mark asked her to find a parking space and find him in Broadsmead as he thought it was best he dropped down there to the Top Shop and get some threads for Samuel. Perhaps Marks and Spenser's. Sarah agreed to call him as soon as she was in the area and Mark found himself walking towards the town centre with a bit of a spring in his step. It was amazing how some people just dropped into his life at a time when death seemed sweeter than life and within a matter of hours his whole outlook had changed. The problems were not gone but the gloom that threatened to overwhelm him had dispersed.

As he walked into Broadsmead his analytical mind was working over all that had happened and he planned his next steps ... he would show those who had undermined him and taken him for granted that life had consequences and every action had a result... sometimes a sharp mind was more powerful than a punch or the stroke of a knife ... Less messy and gave much better results in the long run... He was tired playing the victim and just being a bystander in the story of his life... it was time to take some decisive steps and secure the future he wanted. There were still unanswered questions... Why had his idea netted him Fifty Million pounds? What was Timothy's reason for parting with such a princely sum?

Even after taxes, he was left with Thirty Five Million which was no pocket change. He was not a businessman nor did he have knowledge of financial options but he knew that with the right input, he could easily make more money from this amount without having to tax himself at a job. Did he want to continue working for British Telecom or would he be better off looking at other options? The resignation letter still in his pocket... His phone went off as he made his way to the doors of Mark's and Spencer's and without thinking he answered the phone... just the voice of Emily brought back the scene he had witnessed to mind... Simon's hands pawing at her arse cheeks pulling her harder onto his dick, her slim back curved backward, her tits bouncing with her vertical movement, the words on the phone not registering instead her words to Simon ringing in his ears..."you are so much better than Mark, have always been more of a man... how I love to ride your stick... he'll be sitting in your cum later... aaaahhhh... maybe this time I'll have him taste it..."

12