All Comments on 'A Long Time Ago Ch. 03'

by LynnGKS

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments (Page 2)
LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago
A Glimpse of The Female Mind

This story in all its parts is the best synopsis of the female mind I have read on this site.

It summarizes how a woman's need to feel attractive, be able to inspire desire in the male species, and remain youthful allows her to romanticize her betrayal so as not to feel guilt even though she knows what she is doing is morally wrong and could destroy the very basis of her married relationship.

It is vanity, selfishness and delusion commixed into a toxic formula that can only hurt the people most dear to her.

I think in many women it is the result of our cultures' emphasis on physical beauty, feminine behavior, youth, and self centeredness. When Mary perceives that she is losing those traits she seeks reinforcement in her lover. He of course doesn't have to support her, help raise the child, maintain the home, and be a loving companion even when he is tire, ill, under job pressures, etc. So the lover becomes the confirmation of her sexual attractiveness while her husband supports her image of mother, wife, friend and helper.

It's a sure formula for the disaster that destroys her marriage.

Her behavior in part 3 is the result of her realizing too late that she has lost the only man she truly loved. It seems to me that she is trying to give to Dave the physical satisfaction that she gave to her lover so many years ago i.e. to fire his lust, sate his sexual appetite, and satisfy him better than any other woman. She doesn't ask for support, caring, exclusivity, or family ties. Even the love that she professes is not the mature love of a wife but the fantasy love she romanticized with her lover.

In her mind she wants to build new, significant, and pleasant memories in a fundamentally new relationship with Dave. She seems to be creating the same relationship she had with her lover. A relationship that she eventually had to admit to herself was not based on mature love but a fantasy that allowed her to see herself as a woman in love rather than the reality of the whore she was. She's now her ex-husband's whore.

Dave understands this and is ambivalent about the probability of success but isn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth especially when he has plenty of options if Mary tries to evolve the relationship into something he doesn't want.

A great story superbly written.

ojalalalaojalalalaover 5 years ago
I find this tale really hard to take...

First it was his pain, then it was his being an asshole to use her love to make her pay for the twenty years of his memories that she'd fouled for him. The story is so well written that I wish it would be a happier one or at least satisfying, but no, it's has a miserable finish ... or maybe....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow

She remains a whore and he a a pussy voyuer, partner swapping, sad sack loving a fantasy with like mind kinky deviants. Good whimp can't find love but cheap retired whores.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
HUH?

Second chapter was clear and mature bringing a resolution to both characters.

This chapter you went right back to the immature thoughts of a 12 year old.

Blood awful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Ok... You really fucked that story up in a hurry... And i'm not talking about a little fuck up... You hiroshima'd that fucka...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

In this cirrcunstances, very shrewd and understandeble end. Tks

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Writing excellent not your fault I don't like ending

I wanted her to be punished badly and now he is doing it I find myself detesting him

Wow

You wrote it that way I believe

I gave it 3 stars but as started commenting I changed my mind

5 stars

Read it anyway you want

Mine is mine

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Turned him into an unlikeable jackass

He was a decent guy in the original

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This chapter went down hill

Should have left the story alone after chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good first installment

Got progressively weaker and less human and believable. Actually made me feel sorry for the ex wife and the abuse she takes. The shrink should be disbarred. Just not a good story anymore. Threw the bit about halfway through when the husband became a controlling sex hungry jerk. The writing also lost a little something style wise, but that may have been my unwillingness to weather the storm.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Kind of lost the plot there...

First two installments were pretty good, though still slightly flawed.

But this part was like something from left field?

WTF was the author trying to convey with this pile of crap?

Not at all in the spirit of the other two parts.

Almost as if new characters were created just to abuse the readers.

BBeinhartBBeinhartabout 4 years ago
Haha

Great use of the unreliable narrator device. He’s deeply in love but can’t admit it, because it’ll ruin everything.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 4 years ago

Well what happens next?? This fine tale deserves to continue. I can think of some accessories to the belt that could be purchased.... seems that hubby got turned on bu the S&M activity .... more more more as they sang in the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

johsunjohsunalmost 4 years ago

Very interesting story. I like the way it ended, I can, if I so desire, imagine them going on in the future. Or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
And so it ended.....

The first two installments made some kind of sense, this instalment was just a pile of indulgent crap, all hail King Dave, because everyone has to play be his rules, don't know what message the author was trying to get across but whatever it was, sailed over my head, pile of indulgent crap

Ocker53Ocker53almost 4 years ago
Way Too Stupid

First two chapters where entertaining, this chapter was just teenage fantasy shit⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
LynnGKS...last chapter did no justice

...only took away from what was a very very good story..

Hi wrote toe good chapters a nd then got high on weed ...and screwed it totally up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The protagonist...

...is a completely cruel asshole.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
re: The protagonist...

have you looked in the mirror lately? She's a whore yet you call him an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was just absolutely the worst. Piece of crap

Just pathetically bad. This author produces a lot of trash but she has hit a new low.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A total piece of sh*t. He said "It's good to have someone love you when you don't love them back". That is bullsh*t, it is the worst. Just as bad as you loving someone and they don't love you back. I have been there , done that. An unrealistic farce. But, some parts were very good. The author just went over board.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very interesting. This story explores dark chambers below the surface without an apology so the vehemence behind the reactions to it cannot be a surprise. I'm not sure that there is an answer to the question of why what Mary did is considered to be unforgivable. I say that because I can imagine a believable version in which her actions are forgiven and Mary and David work toward re-establishing a loving relationship. In fact, she may well be on that path as it is. Not a "reconciliation" perhaps in the sense that the marriage is reestablished, but a long-term pairing based upon friendship. Mary feels not only that she deserves to be punished, but that she NEEDS to be punished. If David doesn't lose it again, then she may reach an atonement on the other side of it. Very interesting story. Thank you.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So from an unwilling and ignorant cuckold you transformed him into a willing and supportive cuckold. Hurray! 5+±+++/5!!!

Legit_Cuckyeah_Nostra

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Author reverts to her usual, just silly cheating whore garbage.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

He is a cunt, a real cunt. I think he needs that belt across his ass as much as she does.

To treat a woman the way he does shows us what an evil bastard he is

Scores 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This guy is a sadist.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

They hardly seem like the same characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good story till chapter 2…then it went batshit crazy…

So a two for this chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Every chapter you write is worse than the previous one. The more you write the worse you get. Please just stop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Should ha stopped at Chapter 2…u would have ended up in a. High….this shit just pulled u down to the dirt …zero!

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestabout 2 years ago

Probably should have stopped at 2. I mean seriously, this last one is fucked up.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Im not really surprised that you took what was a great story with such a well put together view of the destruction of a long marriage and ruined it with this....whatever the fuck you thought this was supposed to be.

I went and read a couple of your other piddling shit tales, thats why Im not shocked by this travesty. You have a very shitty attitude towards those who call you out on your BS, or complain about what you write. Clearly you've fragile ego and criticism bothers you to no end.

So here we are with you pulling a self destruction style unneeded ending. You're your own worst enemy. People give you kudos and you HAVE to piss all over it. Yes, you smirked and laughed but that just puts paid to how you are seen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Parts 1 and 2 were 5s.

.

This chapter is a 1.

ErotFanErotFanabout 2 years ago

The guy's a heartless ass and the "counselor" should have her license pulled for her "advice."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The most hilarious thing I found in this story is he was pissed she had only slept with 2 men an she loved them both BUT it doesn’t matter how many men he forces her to sleep with it’s still love she only does it because she loves her husband so she’s slept with 3 men an it’s still all done in love an it will continue so his plan is deeply flawed. An the therapist needs her own therapist she’s a complete psycho with her own feelings for the husband clearly

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

I'd be very careful doing this stuff, you may well go to sleep with her meekly by your side - and wake up to see her standing over you with the "butcher knife" answer to her problems in her hands!

Don't trust her and don't let her put teeth anywhere near your silly willy!

IF the author is female she's setting the poor bastard up .......

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

Re read this. What a pathetic asshole he is. He deserves to be taken out and shot, literally.

What a poor excuse for a human being.

The Therapist needs to be next for a 9mm into the head.

Parts 1 and 2 were solid 4s

Part 3 is a clear 1 that destroys the entire story.

All up the new overall score is 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In the first 2 chapters you created a despicable wife. In the third a despicable ex-husband. Nowhere do you create anyone worthwhile. You counselor is especially repugnant! Hopefully, in a chapter 4 or sequel, they all get AIDS and die long lasting painful deaths.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Isn't it wonderful the power words have to arouse strong emotion? But that's what good writing is all about, right?

Okay, I have to agree with several recent commenters (didn't go too far back) that the CONTENT of the first two chapters was coherent and formed a fairly straightforward trajectory for the plot--a trajectory which the third chapter blew all to hell. Didn't like the character development nor the viciousness of the plotline.

I would actually argue that the third chapter was virtually a DIFFERENT story with a different plot--one which could have/would have/may still have promise for development but in a different section--that being BDSM. There are several directions that story could be taken; someone go for it. But as a pit stop on the Long Time Ago Loving Wives storyline the third chapter sucked. Sorry. But as a leadoff for a BDSM it has great promise.

Kudos and thank you for the first two chapters and even the third one--I'll just keep #3 tabled for later consideration. (Rewrite it please?)

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

OK, I'm pretty sure this was the author's attempt to address some of the shortcomings in radk's "Statute of Limitations." In that story, the husband discovers his wife was all-out in love with another man for three years when their son was young. The lover dies in a car accident but the wife keeps all of the love notes, pics (pornographic and non-pornographic) as well as other mememtos in an old makeup case. The husbands finds the case containing the notes and the story goes on from there. In that story, like this one, the wife doesn't believe she did anything wrong and, eventually, the husband comes to terms with the betrayal and they both move forward together. Which, of course was the big shortcoming of that story (her love for the other man was innocent and beautiful) that LynnGKS addresses here. radk's story made me very angry and that probably explains why he didn't allow comments.

Anyway, as far as this story goes, I think it was good in that it helps the wife understand that she DID betray her husband and cheat on him. The first two chapters were very good. Third chapter went off the rails and certainly ventured into the ridiculous territory.

Looks like radk and LynnGKS haven't written anything in almost a decade. Unfortunate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should've stopped at Part 2. This one jumped the curb and sped down the straightaway right into the stupid-as-shit hairpin curve. It's back there in the woods somewhere, shouldering. 1 star rating because zero ain't an option.

Campus77Campus7711 months ago

Wow! Twenty years ago I divorced my wife for the same reason. Only difference was she married the guy involved 6 months later. It took me years of therapy to recover just like your story. Just like your character, I moved to Florida to the same kind of community and lots of widows and singles. However, I don't expect my "Mary" to ever appear on my doorstep. Thanks for reminding me of the good and bad of my twenty years of marriage and the good decision I made. I do agree with others that the third chapter was a little off the rails, but actually I do believe it could happen. Just not to me. I could never accept and enjoy that kind of relationship.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

What happened here was well within the bounds of possibility. Not probable, but possible. The first two chapters dealt with two people struggling to maintain some sense of sanity. This one shows the reaction they have to insanity. Both of them have gone beyond their own sense of reason. In this case, one can apply the folkway understanding that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I thought this was an excellent series. Surprised they weren't all rated higher. I gave three 5's.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Interesting dilemma. Keep writing. Your brain is a thing of beauty.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

To quote from another's comment, "In the first 2 chapters you created a despicable wife. In the third a despicable ex-husband." I would agree. in the first two chapters the husband was a saint and portrayed as the poster boy for perfect mental health recovery. Then in chapter three he inexplicably turns into a vengeful bastard. As eroticism goes, I found his treatment of the slut ex quite hot. But his Jekyll to Hyde transformation wasn't at all believable.

Crazy2SkiCrazy2Ski6 months ago

Did not like it. Found it very demeaning.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think the doctor is wrong, and her advice was wrong. I don't know if you can redeem the husband if you gave this husband another chance at becoming a normal man that was once capable of loving his flawed wife. I must say idk how your writing can redeem him even with counseling sessions.

Hiram325Hiram3255 months ago

Fucking awful story, not a single likeable character.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written.

The counselor is demented, the wife is mentally ill and needs true counseling

The husband is an unworthy, unforgiving, self-centered man incapable of true love.

Unfortunately the story seems too true to live.

A sad society where people who need real help in the mental health field are unlikely to find it.

The author deserves praise for a work well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

As good as the first 2 chapters were, this one was terrible.

.

Such a huge mistake to let her back into his life…no matter what crazy and stupid scenario of a relationship.

.

Mary is broken. She broke herself. If Dave had a shred of care for her left, the last thing he needed to give her was him in any way, shape, or form.

.

2 **

NitpicNitpic3 months ago
Load

Load of crap.I can understand her wanting him back,but not to the extent of fucking Barry to please him,or watching him fuck Margie to be able to stay with him.Judging by Barry's attitude she is extremely attractive and should have no shortage of suitors.

BigDee44BigDee44about 2 months ago

He is kind of a hard ass, I would say.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well, at least the husband can't be accused of being boring. He is a truly misogynistic pig who thinks with his dick and is not capable of love. That retirement resort is soon to have an epidemic of STDs. Order the penicillin and viagra now!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Liked the first two chapters, but this one was terrible. The wife was mentally unbalanced or even disturbed and he wasn't helping by facilitating her. If it was just pussy, he should have been happy with Marge. Why complicate things with such misogynistic behavior?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous